Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The World of Magesc ❄ RP Forum
This is the Merchant [Arick//Erionda]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 am
Erionda's feet scooted along the ground outside. She had to leave Uassae and Lanzecki behind due to Aquons insistence that they would be a cause for trouble. Biting the inside of her lower lip Erionda stood outside a large door. Aquon, the person in charge of teaching her the skills of her Dovaa side stood beside her. He had sent a letter requesting to meet the merchant in Serenia, figuring it would be less embarrassing for him and Ytauya if the rest of the Dovaa on the celestial plane didn't know about the meeting.

Rasping on the door Aquon didn't wait for any reply before opening the door and placing his hand on Rio's back. Pressing her into the room. Erionda had to struggle not to trip over her feet as she glanced around the large interior. "This is Erionda, the young Hybrid I mentioned to you in my letter. Good luck with her. I'll return later."

Erionda winced as the door shut abruptly behind her. She missed Uassae's company, missed her belated parents. Knitting her fingers in front of her politely Erionda gave a slight bow of respect. "It's nice to meet you."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am
Arick had arrived at the pub about fifteen minutes prior to the door being opened. He had ordered an ale and also requested a room be bought for the night. As he drank, he also looked over the letter once again that the man had sent him about the little Hybrid girl. Arick took pity on the Hybrids, for they were so out of place in this world. He knew that Hybrid's weren't truly accepted world-wide, but he also knew that Magesc was looking a bit better than it had in the past. At least they weren't COMPLETELY banished from all the major cities...yet. Who knew what could happen? After all, the leaders of the races could change the rules at any point, but how many people would truly agree to that? So many people knew of at least one Hybrid, either through their family, friendships, or otherwise. So many people still cared for the hybrids, even though they were an abomination to the races. At least the leaders allowed some sympathy for them at this time.

Arick had left Sage outside of the pub for this encounter, he wouldn't be welcome so much in the pub, but he was welcome outside, where the rest of the Drakein would have to stay.

The large Dovaa planted himself in front of the little desk in the room he had rented for the night; placing out his precious weapons like he always did for the hybrids. This was to allow them to choose without swaying. If they had any questions, of course he would answer, but it was ultimately their decision.

Finally, the door opened and there stood the man from the letter with the little Hybrid girl beside him. Arick stood up and watched the girl bow respectfully. Arick gave a quick nod and the man was gone, leaving the girl to him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Erionda. Please, come have a seat." the man said, kindness in his voice. He took a seat on the bed next to the desk and allowed her to have the seat at the desk itself.

He waved his hands over the different weapons before her, speaking over each one as he did. "These are the Orderite's Imprinted Weapons. I've acquired them to help Hybrids like you be able to obtain your full potential. So, you may choose whichever speaks to you most." he said with a kind smile. Before her sat the four Imprinted Weapons. They were very basic things, a sword, a bow, a mace, and a scepter. The Dovaa went onto explain that whichever she chose, would magically become imbued with her power, allowing it to transform as she grows to meet her full potential, into whichever style fits her best. He continued by giving examples of a transformation.

"Say you needed a stealthy dagger, if you chose the sword, it would slowly transform into a small dagger instead of growing larger into a broadsword for those who wish to be much more melee oriented. Choosing the scepter could transform it anywhere from the scepter itself, to a wand, to a large staff. The mace could transform into an axe or other type of strong, blunt object. The bow could even transform into a crossbow for more powerful shots or a smaller, more compact bow for those who are inclined at stealth. It's totally your personality it transforms to. It is a projection of you. Lose it, and you've lost that power. It's a sacred object once you've chosen it for sure. Go ahead, you can touch them. But once you say 'I accept you.' the magic is imbued and it becomes yours forever. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me." he said, sitting back down and allowing the girl to look over the items.

Arick Skyeforge
Crew

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:07 am
Erionda's pale Violet eyes glanced towards Arick. She hadn't expected the tone in his voice. The kindness, confused she moved cautiously towards the empty seat she had assumed was meant for her. Keeping her eyes trained on Arick as she moved. A pure blood Dovaa. Unless like her, he had a small fragment of another race in him. It would be well hidden. It could explain why he acted so kindly towards her, unlike Aquon.

Shifting the chair away from the table to allow her to maneuver into the seat her hybrid eyes swept over the weapons. A wonder and awe filled her face. Keeping her hands poised in her lap as she glanced between Arick and the weapons before her. So this was the merchant Aquon had sent a note for. Listening intently as she stole glances back at the weapons before her. Any weapon? Any weapon at all would be her's? A silent glee filled her. She would have something useful to fight against the dragons with.

Lifting her right hand Rio brushed her finger along the bow. The string felt tight and Masterfully crafted. Pulling her hand back to let her fingers curl inward hesitantly, Erionda bit the inside of her lower lip. Glancing up at Arick briefly to see his reaction. The expected pain or loud comments didn't follow, instead he seemed to be explaining the objects to her.

Feeling more confident the young girl allowed both hands to lift up the small staff like object. Part of her accepted the weapon while another part seemed to reject it. Confused Erionda placed the weapon back on the table. The feelings had been more than she received for the bow. Moving towards the mace, Rio tried the same movements as the staff. Feeling nothing but rejection she quickly set the object back down.

That left the sword. Swallowing as she let her finger trace along the blunt edge of the blade Erionda smiled. Like the staff she had received both good and bad emotions from it. Reaching out the other hand to trace along the staff Erionda sighed as she closed her eyes. The staff would allow her to focus more on the magic she had yet to receive. Couldn't the sword give her more options though? Give her an advantage over a pure mage?

Opening her hands with both palms facing down, lids still shadowing the pale violet eyes below. One hand hovered over the staff while another over the sword. She was having a hard time deciding the course, perhaps if she just relaxed and called to both, the one meant for her would respond. That had to be it!

What were the words Arick had told her she needed? "I accept you." Erionda felt a strange tingling in her hands, as her heart seemed to pick up the pace in which it struck a new pulse. Shivering with the events Erionda opened her eyes, expecting to see the staff in her hands. Instead, subconsciously Erionda's hands had both migrated towards the sword. The hilt clasped tightly within her fingers.

The hilt of the sword was a primary color of purple-blue. A strange light brown leather like substance wrapped around the hilt adding grip to Erionda's hands. From the hilt where the blade met, two wing like pieces jutted upwards as if it wanted to follow the length of the blade. The sharp metal of the blade gleamed silver, reflecting the light of the room and reached the same length of Erionda's arm.

"The sword?" Erionda muttered curiously turning towards Arick questions evident on her face. "Does a sword come with a shield? I have seen such Orderites. With swords and shields, am I like them?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 am
In all his years, he hadn't ever seen anyone do this choosing the way this girl had. It was quite wise of her to let her soul pick for her. It was right. He watched as she closed her eyes, holding both hands over the weapons she felt the biggest connection with.

"It seems you do have the soul of a warrior, child. it doesn't come with a shield, but I'm sure you can go out and find one in the world. You are different, I can see that already. You'll be a great dragon hunter one day, I already know this to be true. You're not like the guards, if that's who you're referring to. You're greater than them." he said with a great smile upon his face. He definitely wanted to keep in touch with this girl as she grew, for she was already far wiser than most any other person he had ever met. It was strange to see someone actually allow their subconscious, their soul, to choose. Normally they had an outside source influencing them. It was then that he realized and pondered the idea of how many people actually had chosen the wrong weapon for themselves, but had to live with it for the rest of their lives.

"Congratulations, Erionda. You've chosen your weapon. What will you do now?" he asked curiously. He wanted to see where she would go from here. His deed was done, and now they just had to wait for Aquon to return to pick her up. But in the meantime, why not get to know the girl a little more. He wished the best for her, hoped that she would do the right thing, but he was an understanding person. People in this day and age didn't care much for the "right thing". It was all about the power one could obtain.

Arick Skyeforge
Crew

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:53 am
Erionda's eyes slid along the edge of the blade. Her right hand holding tight to the hilt as her left dropped to her side. The blade wasn't so heavy that she would be unable to hold it with one hand. Yet heavy enough she would need to practice working with it. Lifting the object skyward with fascination and awe Erionda glimpsed her own refection in the metal surface. Startled Erionda quickly lowered the weapon slowly back down. She could feel the muscles in her arm shift as she moved. Yes she was going to have to work on learning how to move with the sword.

"So I'm not a gaurd." Erionda let the words float about her mind. "But possibly a great warrior. Maybe like my mom and dad!" Erionda struggled to contain the excitement in learning a small piece of herself. A smile quickly spreading across her lips, trying not to let a soft giggle pour out. She had failed, and yet didn't care. She was something greater! Arick had said so! If a master like him was respected by Aquon that meant his words had to be true. They just had to be.

The young Hybrids eyes shifted towards Arick, more questions formed and tumbled from her lips. "How to I carry a weapon like this? Do I need to craft a sheath for it? Where do I go in search of a shield? A shield would be useful to my survival wouldn't it? Oh thank you! I can't wait to show Uassae and Lanzecki! I know they will be so proud of me!"

Pausing to cover her mouth with her left hand, Erionda paused. Arick had asked her a question and she had rudely ignored it. Apologizing with a bow Erionda calmed herself before moving to answer. "I need to return to the Celestial plane. In order to claim my clan and birthright of the Askala." She motioned towards a tiny carving on her belt matching the color and design of the Askala orbs. "I want to follow my mother and father. And show them that I can be exactly what they dreamed of me to be. Strong and powerful, but with grace." Erionda's eyes shone as she spoke of her dreams and wishes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 pm
Arick smiled at the young Hybrid. Ah, the power within was a magical thing. He could tell that she would make a wonderful warrior one day.

"Well, you'll be surprised that as you practice every day, the easier your sword will become to handle. Give it time and a lot of energy. You'll do amazing things, little one. Aiskala is a very powerful clan. Ice is cold, but combined with a warrior's heart will grant you much power. As far as the shield goes, I have some in my shop if you're ever interested in buying one, one day. Your parents would be very proud of you, I'm sure." the large Dovaa said as he glanced down at the orb while speaking of the Aiskala.

He was always happy to help a Hybrid in need. He understood the dilemma, but things seemed to be getting easier for them by the day. Maybe the world was heading in the right direction for once? One could only hope.

Arick Skyeforge
Crew

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:08 pm
Erionda's eyes grew wide with the anticipated excitement. The simple mention that Arick would have the very item she was looking for, made her beam with pride. The compliments forced her exited energy into her bright smile. "Do you think that day could be today?" Giddy from future dreams Erionda's eyes bore into Arick almost demanding. Breaking away to glance around the room with anticipation.

"You better be done in there." Erionda cringed at the sudden booming voice as it grew louder. The small Hybrid glanced quickly back to Arick, her face depleting of the bright energy it had held a moment ago. Her hands pulling her prized sword tight against her body.

"Perhaps I could see you for the shield in three weeks? I... I will have money. And I know I have two orbs I must send. Orbs I gained while hunting." Erionda's face blanked as the door banged open again. For a split second Erionda's face reflected fear as the foot steps announced Aquon's rushed approach. "Can I trust to see you soon?"

Aquon laid a firm hand on Rio's shoulder. "The staff better be a long one Erionda." His dark red eyes looked down at the sword against her body. The pressure in his grim tightened. "I see, a sword. I thought we had well discussed this with you. Ytauya will speak further with you at home." Turning his head as if to open his mouth and scold Arick for allowing her to choose the sword. Thinking better of the action Aquon turned Erionda towards the door and marched away.

Glancing back at Arick, Erionda hoped he would be able to return soon. She so desperately wanted a proper shield with her sword. And to be able to complete her turn in of orbs.  
The World of Magesc ❄ RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games