Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Guild for Gaian-Sponsored Events

Back to Guilds

This is a place to organize additional information for various Gaian-sponsored events. 

Tags: Questing, Gold, Help, Charity, Donations 

Reply The Dressing Room (the Need to Know stuff)
Someone Wants to Go Nude for You!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TGSNE2
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 am
Someone Wants to Go Nude for You!

What do you need to do? What is this event? Nudists? I don't get it. Incentives? Sponsorships? What's going on?!

First Off: Congrats!
Someone has deemed you worthy enough to give you free stuff! Be it a regular in your thread, a friend, or some stranger - they want to help you.

So, what do you need to do?
Keep your thread active is the main thing. In order to get that free stuff from your nudist(s), we want to be sure that you won't abandon your quest or charity. As the thread owner, you must post in your thread at least once a week. There is some lenience one way or the other, dependent on whether or not you have regular posters, but we like to see you in your thread. Bumps are allowed, of course. Consider throwing in a post if you've updated your thread or something; let us know that you're still around.
The Host or some of their helpers may check threads on occasion and before the event starts to ensure that all threads are "active" enough.

What exactly is this event about again?
Users go "nude" for 2 full weeks to get other users to give them gold/items on your behalf. A nudist is giving up their time to support your quest or charity, so this event is about paying it forward really.
It's kind of like a walk-a-thon where you walk so many miles for charity and people sponsor you per mile/event. Instead, users are wearing designated undergarments for two weeks to collect funds for your charity/quest.

How do I get people to sponsor my nudist?
Your nudist will likely advertise their nudity, but you can help them get more sponsors! Make an announcement and/or designate a post in your thread to tell people you have a nudist. Many people are likely to donate through them (you'd be surprised how many donate for this event just because). You can create incentives for your nudists (if you'd like more) or their sponsors. Please see the next post on details. Sponsors (and nudists) love to get stuff for their efforts, too!

And when can I expect this free stuff?
A week or so after the event ends. Nudists must be given time to collect all of the gold/items that they were promised. It may take a month even to get it all since some sponsors have to be reminded or there are a ton of trades going on. Some nudists may not finish the event right away, so they have to make up missed days - they'll get their earnings after they finish the even. When they've collected all (or most) of their sponsorships, they send them to you.
If they fail to send the gold (again, give them some time), please let us know.

Awesome! I'm going to go get more nudists then!
Great! The more the merrier! BUT! There is a limit on the number of nudists each thread is allowed. We want to spread the joy around, so it's not as cool if the same thread gets all of the attention. If you have a quest thread, you are allowed to have up to three nudists. If you have a charity thread, you are allowed to have up to five nudists.

Hope you enjoy the event!

~TGSNE2 & OWS

Edited slightly by Hope 03/2014  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 am
So, here's some of the "fine print" that thread owners must consider. Please read them carefully.

For your thread to be considered active:
  • You as the thread owner (or your mule) must post in your thread about once a week.
  • You do not have to post in the event thread, but it can help.
  • Charity regulars are great, but not required.
  • Charities should actually be giving stuff away!
  • Quests should be questing for something(s)!
  • Even if you have a bumping service for your thread, you as the thread owner must posting in your thread sometimes.

Nudist Incentives:
  • You cannot do any "highest earning nudist gets" incentives.
  • You can give all of your nudists something or you can put them into a raffle for something.

Sponsorship Incentives:
  • You cannot do any "highest sponsorship gets" incentive.
  • You can give an incentive based on an amount that an individual person sponsors. i.e. x amount gets you this, x+ amount get you this.
  • You can give gold, items, arts, discounts, etc to your nudist's sponsors.
  • You can give all of the sponsors something or put them into a raffle for something.
  • You may do a raffle (or something like that) with more "prizes" based on a goal earned as a collective from your nudists.

TGSNE2
Captain

TGSNE2
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:23 am
This post is for the potential nudists that are choosing a thread. You may copy and paste this message to the thread owner. It has the vital information they need to know and includes links to places they may need to check out (like this thread!)

Click 'spoiler' to see the message and copy what's in the coding. You will need to edit in the proper information, like your name, the thread owner, and their type of thread. You are welcome to make your own additions (or subtractions) but keep the idea of the message intact. Or just use this as a basis for making your own message when asking for permission.

Hello [thread owner username/mule],

I'm [username], and I would like to support your [quest/charity] in the [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.99116991]The Gaian-sponsored Nudity Event[/url]. I will be going nude in July for 2 full weeks to earn gold/items from other users, and all of that stuff I earn I will give to you!

Free stuff is awesome, right? I thought so. So, you're probably asking what do you need to do?

If you're interested, the event does have a few requirements for you as a thread owner to uphold so that we nudists know that our hard-earned time is going to a good cause. As long as you keep your thread active before and during the event, that's all you really need to do. Post in your thread so that we know you're still around at least once a week.
You can advertise the event wherever you'd like and let people know that I'm going nude for you; we might get more sponsorships, which means more stuff for me to give you!

If you have any questions, check out the event thread linked above (and the main rules), let me know, or PM the host mule, TGSNE2. There's also a handy [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23734215]guide for thread owners[/url]!

Once you figure out what's going on and/or would like me to nude for your quest, just reply back so that I can get your official permission and submit my form in the event thread. Either quote me to say that I can, post in the event thread that I can, or PM TGSNE2 to mention that I can nude for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am
If you have any questions, pm TGSNE2.  

TGSNE2
Captain

The Dressing Room (the Need to Know stuff)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games