Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Fireflies and Frogs (Erevu x Hidaya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am
User Image

"Fireflies... fireflies..." Muttered the young cub as he peered over a decent sized boulder, staring down at his reflection. Dragonflies skittered across the lakes, minnows darted through the shallow moss, and afternoon crickets chirped their song. But there were no fireflies. Erevu frowned.

"But I know fireflies come here!" he muttered, whining slightly. A frog croaked, causing the cub to swivel his head to the right. The small lion narrowed his eyes, crouching low. He's seen his father like this many of times! He could catch this frog and force it to direct him to the fireflies!

Grinning, Erevu flexed his paws, tail swaying just a bit. A second passed by, a cricket chirped, and then, Erevu was off. Leaping into the air towards a tall section of reeds was probably not the best idea the cub had.

Splat! "Ew, gross!" he hollered, backpedaling out of the hidden mud he had the misfortune of landing in. A frog sat on a stone just a bit away from him, eyes lazily watching. Erevu gave him a disgruntled look in return. The frog croaked.

"Don't laugh at me!" the cub ordered in a puny voice, attempting to shake the mud off his legs, tail, and tummy. A few speckles had splashed as high as his cheeks. Looking into the water, he groaned. "Now I definitely need to find fireflies to make up for the lecture I'm sure to get!" Erevu mewed pitifully, glaring at the frog as though it were the amphibian's fault. The sun was high to the west, making it very unlikely for fireflies to make an appearance, unbeknownst to the disgruntled cub.

Izzy Makani
I hope this was somewhat entertaining/interesting/light(?). orz Looking forward to Hidaya's entrance! <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am
User ImageThe young brown cub wasn't alone next to the lake and his spectacle had not gone unseen. Hidaya had been walking up to the lakes edge when the movement of the cub leaping into the reeds had caught her attention. She had her ears perked in curiosity as the cub leapt and went out of sight, but certainly not hearing range. She couldn't help but giggle at the cubs exclamation once he'd landed in the mud. She had to see for herself what the cub had leapt into the reeds for to begin with.

She trotted around the reeds to get a good look at the other side. As the boulder came in view she spotted the frog and had a good idea that was what the cub had been going for. With the frog in her sights she had to at least try to capture the frog herself. She hunkered down trying to make herself look smaller and then moving as fast as she could she snuck towards the frog.

She got closer and closer. The frog hadn't noticed her yet. She was almost there, so close she could swear she could hear the frog breathing. One more step and she took her leap. She flew through the air toward the frog and just as she almost had him the frog leaped into the lake and disappeared under the water.

Hidaya landed right in the spot where the frog had been. Her jaw dropped as she realized he'd got away and she growled. "Ugh! I almost had him!"

Lollipop x L u x u r y
I liked it. ^^ Very cute!

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am
He didn't hear her until she had already launched herself at the frog.

Swinging around, Erevu let out a gasp in surprise and stared at the pale young lioness, brown eyes moving her to the ripple where, he presumed, the frog disappeared. He frowned, face burning with embarrassment; she was way quieter than him when stalking! His ears lowered slightly, silently wishing for the thousandth time that he had his father's stealth.

Straightening, he gave the other cub a leveled look. "That was my frog." he pointed out firmly, giving a practice scowl that he had seen many elders giving a misbehaving cub; he failed quite miserably. Suddenly, a smile spread across his face as it processed; she hadn't caught the frog either!

"That ones the fastest in the world!" he insisted, nodding his head to emphasis. Suddenly, Erevu made a show of shaking his head in pity. "No one has been able to catch that one, I tell you." The cub looked out to the lake, eyes scanning the surface for a sign of his target. "I almost came close once, you know. Closer than you, even." Erevu didn't make much of a habit out of lying but he did enjoy spinning his tales. Quickly, the cub stepped closer. "I bet it's gone to warn the fireflies that we're here now. We've got to be reaaal quiet if we want to catch a firefly."

Turning back towards the lake, he stepped even closer, dipping a muddy paw into the water. He crouched low, ears twitching at the barest noise, before looking over at his new companion. "Come on, get low! The frog will know we'll still here! Get low, er, .... What is your name?" Erevu muttered out, tilting his head just a bit.

Izzy Makani
Awww, she's so cute. ; w;

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces