Submit

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Suspended in the depth that is the night sky the moon shone with its sons and daughters, burning so brightly with their hidden answers that beams of mystic light played through the branches of the Seeing Tree. This tree, where the Dragon had made her den, had once stood tall and proud, as thick as three kin from nose to tail and many, many times taller, but had since been struck down in its prime by the sky's fire. Now it lay bare, split down its center, leaving the scorched earth beneath to bask in the moon's light. Shattered arms reach for the stars, aching for their comfort. From their fingers, the Dragon's Hoard dangles, shimmering in the moon's essence. Bones, and feathers, and pretty stones, laid out for the world to see. The bone helm of a once-croc looms above the lopsided hole that is the entry way, open and ready to swallow up those who dare touch the Dragon's glittering Hoard. A long-haired white pelt shadows the door-way, and just behind it, a curling stripped tail can be seen.

'Mid-night stars, why must you hang in silence?'

The Dragon lurks half in the door way, gazing up at the deep, hypnotizing sky, watching as her brood blinks in an out, trying her best to interpret their wordless laments. Her yellow eyes glow dimly, half hazed by the remnants of that night's earlier mushroom. Ramcats danced playfully in the sky, chasing the snakes and the otters. Sanddogs howled silently, a moth becomes tangled in the web of a spider, and, as always, a long, purple serpent with vastly feathered wings encircles the moon.

All of a sudden, she senses a disturbance in the stars. The animals lift their ears and draw their attention to a set of stars to the north. Yellow eyes squinted and widened as the cluster swirled and danced before settling into the shape of five poppy flowers.

'Someone is coming.'

Abishai Sarihe
Tag, you're it. c':

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. And someone has come.

All by accident, in truth, for Whitewater rambles like the river, picking his way through the swamp with little care for directions. Sometimes it's just more fun to see where the wind goes, and Water has found many wonderful nooks and crannies in his wanderings.

This place, however, is not a wonderful nook or cranny. It's more... an aching relic, and Water stares up at the ruined tree, debating leaving well enough alone. That is, of course, until his mongoose zips for the entrance, chittering wildly, and a dismayed Whitewater rushes after it.

Abishai Sarihe

Tipsy Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The Dragon's eyes slowly opene and closee as she gazee upon the celestial animals. One in particular, a mongoose, was darting across the sky, heading straight for the star-dragon's gaping maw. This amuses the Dragon and she grins up at the sky.

But suddenly, the Dragon's glee is stomped out when the star-mongoose plummeted to earth only to land on her poor, unsuspecting tail. She starts with a hiss, and rolls off her spiked back. Baring her fangs, the doe lashes out to snap at the cobalt weasel when a buck who shone with inner star-light appeared before her door.

All interest in the pest was gone, replaced by awe and a sudden knowing. This is who the stars told her of. A buck of five poppies who danced in moon-beams. Wonderful. The Dragon's irate mood suddenly switches to one of welcome.

"Welcome, star-buck. I've been wondering when you would appear."

Abishai Sarihe
<3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.With chittering, nattering glee, High Tide races back to Whitewater and climbs up the kimeti's side, settling in quite comfortably amidst Water's back scales.

Water can only sigh, shaking his head helplessly, then steps further into the little clearing, his curious gaze fixing on the other kimeti. "Star-buck? I'm just Whitewater," he counters. "Please forgive my friend here for barging into your home, he didn't mean any harm. He didn't break anything, did he?"

Blinded By Silence

Abishai Sarihe

Tipsy Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Naught but my concentration," The Dragon said, turning with a half-sigh, half smile, her yellow eyes drinking in the silver-light buck before her; long white tresses in which whole galaxies could play; glowing eyes radiating starlight; and runic letterings that spoke in the language of the stars themselves, "WhiteWater, you say? Water becomes white when it is disturbed, crashing against rocks and rushing over stone. Foam hides what lies beneath, be it plentiful food-stores or sinking depths..."

The doe's words trailing off as the wind whispers through the tree's skeletal arms, the treasures above clattering in a ghostly chorus. The Dragon took a step back and settled on the other side of a shallow hallow in the dirt floor. Her tail curls around a turtle shell and she draws it close.

"I can tell you what hides in those depths. To throw the bones of the winged serpent in the light of the Never Moving Star will shine light on your inner-self," She rattled the knuckle bones that lay in the bowl, "All you must do, star-buck, is ask and the stars, they will speak."

Abishai Sarihe
SO LATE, I'm sorry!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."What, pray tell, am I supposed to ask?" queries Whitewater, perturbed and intrigued in equal measure by this strange little doe. He's never met anyone quite like her before, and not even his sister's occasional insanity could have prepared him for something like this.

Blinded By Silence
It's okay!

Abishai Sarihe

Tipsy Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A deep, smokey laugh found it's way out of the Dragon's throat. Star-eyes shining, she rattled the shell once more, grinning at the star-light buck.

"What do you ask? You could beg the stars your meaning. Or ask from which you come. Do they know the mate of your heart? Or when it must stop? Anything you wish to know, the stars hide in their night-time shine."

Her voice slowly degraded into a serpentine hiss, her yellow eyes darted upward, locking on to that of the star-dragon who looms above, protecting the stars from her probing questions. Would she let her see the answers this buck seeked? The star-dragon's tail flicked contentedly. Perhaps, it said. She'd need an offering, of course, but she would collect that later.

"Ask," She hissed mysteriously, "And you shall not leave empty-hearted."

Abishai Sarihe
There you go!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:46 pm
Blinded By Silence

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Whitewater was very still, his solemn gaze on the unnatural doe before him. What did he want to know? "...Will I find real happiness in the future?" he finally asked, flicking his tail almost dismissively even as he spoke.  

Abishai Sarihe

Tipsy Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Happiness? A relative term, to be taken in many, many ways. Physical pleasure? Oh yes, he'd have that, she could read it in his silver locks, the sine in his eyes, the way the moonlight danced upon his pelt. Mental revelation? He seemed a clever enough buck, but to gain true knowledge depended on the MotherFather in the form of the blessed kiss. She wondered if the great star-dragon could see that? Hmm. Love was a form of happiness, an emotional fulfillment. Mayhaps that was what the buck longed for? Her eyes glowed brightly, half lidded and locked upon the star-buck.

"Let it be known,"

Her voice snaked out of her in a smoky hiss, deep, suddenly old. Murmuring quietly over her bowl, she let the small bones rattle and tumble into the impression in the floor. For a long, heavy moment, she stared at the cracks and pits, discerning their meaning.

"I see... I see a smile in your heart, a doe in your eyes, and seeds in her belly. I see worry, fear, and strength. I see the presence of one far greater than yourself, and the peace they bring you. Good things happen to those who wait, but all things have a cost. Sacrifices must be made, but when the sun sets and the moon rises upon your life, I see you at peace."

Abishai Sarihe
OMG, I am terribly sorry for how long that took! My muse has been pooping on me for months! gonk

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games