Zetan
Crew

Dapper Businessman

2,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:50 am
I think this is the first time I've made a new topic since... *checks* May of last year.

Why? Well, I just discovered something rather interesting.

I work at a grocery store. We got new boxes in... Several different kinds of a new candy product. I'm pretty sure they were put out by Nestle, since I distinctly remember Crunch being one of the 3 or so flavors. I'm going to have to check on them again.

Anyway, I think the product was called Stix or something to that extent (Crucnh Stix, etc.) We didn't have a place on the shelves for them yet (perhaps because they havn't been officially released?) so the boxes went up on top of the shelves, for now, where all the overstock goes. I never got a good look at what was inside the boxes, but from the packaging, it looked very similar to Pocky.

Could it be that American companies are finally realizing what a great snack this is and making their own versions? What do you think of this? Are you outraged and appauled, or are you rejoicing?

The other odd part is that I havn't been able to find any information on them anywhere on the internet. Let me know if any of you find out anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:35 pm
Damn Nestle! Why couldn't Hershey pick up the idea!? crying

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

Zetan
Crew

Dapper Businessman

2,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:55 pm
SugarBeat_Angel
Damn Nestle! Why couldn't Hershey pick up the idea!? crying

Maybe they still will, if Nestle's sells well. They'll have to compete.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:56 pm
That's crap. Gilco should sue.  

yukikajisama

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:04 pm
yukikajisama

Completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:18 pm
diry_hippie
yukikajisama

Completely.
3nodding  

Yaoikitty

Zetan
Crew

Dapper Businessman

2,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:19 pm
New update... I finally found the name. Stixx. Found a news article, among other things.

http://www.junkfoodblog.com/2006/03/nestle-stixx-launched.html

I don't think they're similar enough to Pocky for Gilco to sue...

Anyway, that would be like saying Ford should sue all the other car companies because they came up with the idea first... I have no problem with other companies making pocky or things similar to pocky... if anything, it helps popularize the idea among Americans, possibly making the real thing easier to come by. I mean, if these things sell really well, stores are going to say, "Wow, this is a great idea, I wonder what similar products we could sell that people would like as well?" Then they'll sell real pocky, people will catch on to how great it is, and we'll be able to get it easier.

I think it's a good thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm
Oh those look good. Although no product could ever beat the original Pocky.  

IY_and_MCR

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Zetan
Crew

Dapper Businessman

2,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:01 am
IY_and_MCR

They are quite good. They don't actually taste all that much like pocky... though I've never had inside-out pocky, which is what they seem most like.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:41 pm
AMERICAN CORPORATIONS stealing ideas from another country?!?!

Le gasp! surprised [/sarcasm]  

phobia2001

tomahawkchunker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:47 am
anything that hits grocerystores upside the head and suggests they sell pockey to the general americans is a step in the right direction.
The packaging makes them look like those bitesized peanut-filled pretzel snacks that used to be popular (but longer)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:12 pm
It's true! I saw them at Krogers! I wanted to buy some, they looked really good. Sorry for that other outburst. I agree with Zetan.

Also at Krogers just got pocky this week. They have chocolate and strawberry pocky! Isn't that great?  

yukikajisama

Addicted to Soy Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 pm
IY_and_MCR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:23 am
yukikajisama
It's true! I saw them at Krogers! I wanted to buy some, they looked really good. Sorry for that other outburst. I agree with Zetan.

Also at Krogers just got pocky this week. They have chocolate and strawberry pocky! Isn't that great?

Make sure you spend more money on Pocky from them than Stixx. Capitalism is all about how much you spend.... if they see big sales on Pocky, they'll start to notice. Maybe even stock some more flavors.  

Zetan
Crew

Dapper Businessman

2,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ObiWanKendrobi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:15 am
Pock = heart I have seen those little Stixx things. They look pretty good, but I am craving real Pocky right now. *mmmm*  
Pockyism||THE GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff