Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Huge Life Decisions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I stay or do I go now?
  Stay
  Go
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:25 am
Alright, so last year I was accepted into my dream college in California. I went to visit it and I loved it. It's the only place where you can get a degree in positive psychology, the field in psychology that I want to go into.
Anyway, due to be completely poor and not sure how to get myself and my two cats to California, and the fact that I had no license yet or an apartment lined up, I had to request a deferral of application. I could only do this once.

So now, a year later, I have luckily been accepted again. I am still completely poor, but I at least have my license now.

So now I am faced with a huge choice. Do I go or not? The problem with goin' is that I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford to live there, let alone move there with my cats. I wouldn't have a job lined up and I'd be goin' there flat broke. There are jobs available on campus, but I don't know if they'd be enough.

Also, the school itself is very expensive. Last time, I was awarded a scholarship that would only cover 13%, which just wasn't enough. I am already in debt from my undergraduate school, and the debt from goin' here would probably put me about $100,000 in debt, if not more. I don't know if I've been awarded any scholarship, but I'm guessin' it won't be much again, if any.

So yeah, I don't know what to do. When I deferred the firs time, I felt as though I had made the biggest mistake of my life, and that I should have gone. However, I just don't know if I can afford it, and if followin' my dreams is really practical. It's a good school, so I should be able to land a good job afterwards to pay back loans, but nothin' is certain.

So now I ask for the opinion of people here. Do I follow my dreams and make a very big risk, or do I stay at home with my parents, possibly goin' to a college here to get a different degree so I can land a job?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm
Life is only as valuable as what you put into it, if going would make you happy, and the only lost is remaining broke you might as well go, since it sounds like something you want to do more then anything.

In the end it's what you consider important, being happy, enjoying life, having money, ect.

So you have to follow your dreams, otherwise you're always going to regret it, and never be able to say you lived the life you wanted.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:24 pm
My concern is more about not bein' able to afford it. In other words, I move to California, pay a month's rent, and then can't afford the next month. Then what? xd I'd be stranded on the complete other side of the US with two cats.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 pm
Semok
My concern is more about not bein' able to afford it. In other words, I move to California, pay a month's rent, and then can't afford the next month. Then what? xd I'd be stranded on the complete other side of the US with two cats.

start selling your limbs?  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:12 am
cool4
Semok

start selling your limbs?

I would if I could. I've been tryin' to see if I can sell my magic cards, but none of 'em are worth much.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:34 am
You could always sell them as bargain boxes on E-bay with a few cards that are actually worth money.
That's where a few of my cards have come from.  

Tree_Spirit 5

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:36 pm
I've been tempted to do that, but I'd have no idea how much to try to sell it all for.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm
Keep looking. Job and place. See if can stay at friends house. Some families very nice. Maybe stay at ghetto apartment complex.

Your poll remind me of The Clash. Very good band. Uncle saw them couple time.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 pm
Dannyxcores
Keep looking. Job and place. See if can stay at friends house. Some families very nice. Maybe stay at ghetto apartment complex.

Your poll remind me of The Clash. Very good band. Uncle saw them couple time.

I was actually referencin' The Clash. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 pm
Semok
Where school located? Located in Oakland? Oakland very far from here.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 am
Dannyxcores
Semok
Where school located? Located in Oakland? Oakland very far from here.

It's in Claremont.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:08 pm
Semok
It's in Claremont.
My cousin lives in Claremont. it's between the 10 and the 210. If you ever get the chance, try this place called Dino's. Pronounced dee-noes. They specialize in chicken but also burgers. I think they give you more if you eat there. They're chili cheese fries are good, you can order pastrami in it if you want. So good. It's on a street called towne.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:33 pm
I dunno. Semok weird. biggrin

I'm a sub teacher now. Since no where else would hire me. I consider subbing at a school district the minimum wage job of the "People who have a degree" world. Since it's kinda like entry level in stuff. I'd much rather sub for 8 hours than constantly scan items at walmart for 8 hours or work at Mcdonalds for 8 hours.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 pm
Dannyxcores
Semok
It's in Claremont.
My cousin lives in Claremont. it's between the 10 and the 210. If you ever get the chance, try this place called Dino's. Pronounced dee-noes. They specialize in chicken but also burgers. I think they give you more if you eat there. They're chili cheese fries are good, you can order pastrami in it if you want. So good. It's on a street called towne.

I went to my first In-n-Out last year when I visited Claremont. That's also where I met two ex RoP's that Aoi hates.
Actually, it's because of that visit that I quit this guild again because Aoi freaked out over a poster I made with 'em. xd How time flies.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:36 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
I dunno. Semok weird. biggrin

I'm a sub teacher now. Since no where else would hire me. I consider subbing at a school district the minimum wage job of the "People who have a degree" world. Since it's kinda like entry level in stuff. I'd much rather sub for 8 hours than constantly scan items at walmart for 8 hours or work at Mcdonalds for 8 hours.

I've been tryin' to sub here, but it's complicated to apply.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff