Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[prp] secrets we never knew we shared (wilson x saya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

revenant aria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:43 am
It had taken a long time for Saya to come back to the life labs. Now, she was on pod duty. Almost a year, perhaps just about, as she tried to recall the date she woke up. She didn't really remember, the entire process being a self loathing one. She remembering being told she had killed to get here and that everything had been left behind--

-- A realization that had been difficult to come into terms with.

"I still don't think you're ready."
Prompto whispered in the back of her head, his voice as mysterious as usual. Saya always felt like the weapon knew more or saw farther than he let on, whereas Saya's vision ahead was incredibly short. She summoned a nervous laughter out loud, her hands rubbing nervously at the bracelet form Prompto took.

"I suppose that's true.. but if I came when I was ready, that day might never come?" Saya still liked to talk out loud with Prompto, even though that did make her look a little odd. She walked past a pod, caught up in conversation with Prompto, before cutting it abruptly short.

It was a name that made her freeze.

syusaki
I THINK WE DISCUSSED DOING A FEELS RP FOR THIS u_u

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:08 pm
It was funny to say that Wilson had never killed during his trials. He had fought, yes, but killed another candidate? The time simply had never risen, but he was sure he would’ve done it when the situation called for it. That was the thing about humans, he supposed. Morals could be suspended given the right circumstances and stimuli. It was one less regret on his conscience, though the weight wouldn’t have made much of a difference.

He sat, sprawled over the monitoring desk so that the screens hid his body from sight. To anyone that passed through the labs, they would’ve thought someone had shirked off their duties. Half-lidded eyes stared at the puzzle book in his grasp. Idly, Wilson twirled the pencil in his hand before he wrote down another set of numbers for a Sudoku puzzle.

A quiet voice brought him out of his zone. The pencil clattered as it fell and the hunter looked up. He tried leaning over, but the screens blocked his view. Sighing, he rolled the chair over so he could spot Saya staring down one of the aisles. “Can I help you?” he asked politely, but then stiffened when he realized which pod she was standing in front of. “Can I help you?” He asked a second time, jaw locked.

Random Artist

Syusaki

revenant aria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm
"Oh my, Wilson you're so frighteningly polite even when it's me?" Look who was talking, the pot calling the kettle black. But Saya's face held a pale undertone and shaking hands, careful not to touch the pod. She couldnt touch it, she wasn't sure if she could control herself if she did. One hand clasped tightly over her other wrist, restraining herself, locking her hand down, as she avoided looking down at the nameplate. In fact, Saya's sash was draped over it briefly, as if she couldnt bear to see it.

"I think .."

Saya had difficulty continuing, the visible shuddering of her breath. It was hard to get past this sudden lump in her throat, the overly warm creeping realization. As Saya swallowed, she forced herself to continue on. ".. I think I know her name."

"...... without looking."

She glanced at the sleeper's expression, her bangs undone, hanging over her eyes. Maybe, just all of a sudden, the common interest in star hairpins and star accessories made just a little bit more sense.

Her whisper was voiced, possibly at the same time Wilson realized.

"Emmaline."

syusaki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 pm
“It was just reflex,” he murmured, his gaze downcast before he chose to spin the chair until his back was turned from Saya. There was no mistaking the expression on the moon trainee’s face, the way she acted in front of the pod. Wilson didn’t need to see anymore before he guessed what was going on. He leaned over, the wheels of the chair turning noisily as he grabbed his puzzle book and began to aimlessly fiddle around with the puzzles inside.

The hunter remained silent for a while, but it seemed he knew exactly when to call out her name. “Emmaline.” He didn’t seem surprised when they both spoke the hunter’s name in unison. He flipped the page of his book. “Emmaline Grant. Twenty-four going on twenty-five. Eldest sister of three children. Attended boarding school at age fourteen. Last occupation: librarian.” Details that had once been mundane and nearly forgotten were clearly imprinted in his mind now. They were all that he had left of her, after all.

There was not a single drop of doubt in his tone when he asked, “How did you know her?” It was just another fact, but one he wanted to find comfort in. Emmaline Grant was not a ghost, another faceless name to the other hunters he talked with on a daily basis; because to Wilson Hopkins, Emmaline Grant was anything but a faceless name.

Random Artist

Syusaki

revenant aria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:45 pm
"I recall them now .. She would have made the prettiest librarian around, that, I have no doubt." Saya nodded, a fond smile as she tried to place memories that had long been shelved in the back of her mind. She wanted to ask how they were, what became of them if Emmaline was here. It was cruel, to realize so late that someone close had been here this entire time. Saya was surprised, put off-guard that Wilson knew her as well. There was that phrase set in motion.. 'such a small world it was.' Saya patted the star clip in her hair, as if trying to find a connection to the sleeping female in the pod, a connection that lost existence years ago.

She leaned against the wall, a break of support where no pods were arranged.

"We were friends.. She was quite a bit older than me though--" Now that Saya was here, she could infer that Wilson and Emmaline might have been around the same age? Strange, Saya had never thought of asking Wilson for his age. It seemed a little more relevant now though, although the question wasn't asked.

"-- But I never thought we would have both ended up here at Deus."

Saya couldn't press onto her further thoughts, knowing very little of what brought Emmaline to Deus. Her circumstances, her past, her feelings.. Saya knew none of them, everybody's secrets in their closet .. but a small portion of her heart wished that Emmaline wouldn't have been here. Sleeping in a pod .. or dying in line of hunter duty wasn't a fate Saya wished on anyone. But perhaps, Emmaline's wishes were different..?

Saya couldn't be sure.

syusaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 pm
“She did,” he corrected quietly, his eyes glazing over as he could remember one of the many days where he visited the city library. “It suited her nicely—being a librarian, but she was looking for something more. I was too.” Wilson closed his eyes, letting the tiny clacks of his Rubik’s cube fill the room in a half-hearted attempt to drive away the awkward silences. He nodded his head. He didn’t remember Saya from before, but it wasn’t like Wilson knew every detail of Em’s life. Likewise, she didn’t know everything about his life as well. It would’ve taken a few more years to get anywhere close to knowing everything about each other.

“Yeah. You look a bit younger than us, a bit more around her sister’s age. The youngest one, I mean.” Wilson turned away as the conversation fell into another respite. It was awkward, but it couldn’t be helped. The subject was touchy. He wasn’t a mind reader, but he could guess what kind of questions the moon trainee had running through her mind.

“We were happy as we were, but not quite. Something was missing, wasn’t quite right. We went looking for an answer, each on our own. But in the end we both ended up here.” Wilson shrugged.

Random Artist

Syusaki

revenant aria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 am
".. I see." By the time Saya's soft reply was spoken, she pulled up another chair to sit at a desk nearby Wilson's. She sunk into the chair, an attempt to look smooth and nonchalant which was an extremely successful attempt, as she stared in the direction of Emmaline's pod. (Okay, not really.)

The topic was like balancing a precarious star in the sky, one on the verge of explosion. The only way Saya could see her clumsy self, with a (biased) tendency to wreck sensitive situations, get through this one was a reflective silence.

The words remained unsaid: Wilson was waiting for a girl who may never wake up.

.. And now, Saya was too.

That new fact, that Saya had never known about Wilson .. He always took care of her and she couldn't see a way to make him as happy as he did for others.. because, the there was still something precious to him, still missing. Realizing that fact, a suspicious shine brimmed at the ddge of Saya's eyes, her sleeve brought up to hide it quickly. A little too quickly, shaking her head.

".. I'm envious. You're a lucky gentleman, Wilson! To find a brief happiness. Both of you ended up here too--"

Some people wouldn't have wanted to end up at Deus. But Saya was glad she did.

".. With the situation as is, that's more than we could ask for."

Because they were completely dead to the outside world. Being dead and not together wasn't something Saya would want to imagine.

syusaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm
Breathless laughter. “Yeah.” He sat up straighter now, but continued to lean against the desk while he fiddled with his Rubik’s cube. It didn’t take the hunter long to solve it. A few extra twists and he had formed a checkered pattern with the toy. Wilson gazed to the side briefly when Saya pulled up a chair to join him. He smiled warmly.

It didn’t matter if the moon trainee spectacularly wrecked this situation because without fail he would brush it all away with his usual sunny smile. Clerise was right. Wilson was human sunshine, but just how much of that sunshine was real? He was the boy waiting for a girl to wake up. Waiting, waiting, always waiting. Sometimes patiently and sometimes not, but always waiting because the slightest ounce of aggression could rip her away from him forever. But he was used to this pain. He was no stranger to shoving it beneath the surface if only to avoid the worried glances directed his way. He wouldn’t be a burden to anyone. He refused.

Being a death hunter meant that the shine in her eyes didn’t go unnoticed. His mouth curled into a slow, sad smile. “You’re really kind.”

“Me? Lucky? I wouldn’t go that far,” he protested lightly. The smile began to dissolve as his gaze naturally returned to a certain pod. “Being together was the happiest time of my life, but you know what?” He swallowed before speaking quietly. “It just makes the loneliness more painful.”

And there was that usual sunny smile again. “That’s why if you find something you cherish try not to let go, okay? Chase after it.”

Random Artist
Excuse the delay asldfka have some feelings instead

Syusaki

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas