Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World of Aincrad [Closed]

Back to Guilds

In the year 2022 the new VRMMORPG of the year becomes everybody’s worse nightmare. 

Tags: Role Play, Survival, Fighting, Romance, Sword Art Online 

Reply The World of Aincrad
Suggestions For Our Guild? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emperor Ecchimau
Captain

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 pm
As much as the crew here loves butting heads on how to update the guild, I feel that members are the ones who really make everything go along smoothly! So if you have an idea then please share it here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:57 pm
I have looked through the beastairy in the guild and realized that it isn't a very long list. I was thinking that maybe more creatures could be added and everything. If help is needed with that I can help.  

Enshara

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Emperor Ecchimau
Captain

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm
Enshara
I have looked through the beastairy in the guild and realized that it isn't a very long list. I was thinking that maybe more creatures could be added and everything. If help is needed with that I can help.

We are really aware of that.. sweatdrop
Right now were still working on making the system better before working on mobs,
but if you would like to help then it would much appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm
Evil Emperor Ecchimaru
Enshara

We are really aware of that.. sweatdrop
Right now were still working on making the system better before working on mobs,
but if you would like to help then it would much appreciated!

From what I have gathered from the anime and a little bit of the manga is that some things can be used from Dungeons and Dragons to help out with the creatures, since there are creatures in the show that are also in D&D. I can look over some of the books friends have and see if I can work out the stats so things are going all over the place and fit the guild more.  

Enshara

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Emperor Ecchimau
Captain

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm
Enshara
From what I have gathered from the anime and a little bit of the manga is that some things can be used from Dungeons and Dragons to help out with the creatures, since there are creatures in the show that are also in D&D. I can look over some of the books friends have and see if I can work out the stats so things are going all over the place and fit the guild more.

Hm.. You may be onto something there..
Alright, go ahead and do that and then tell me what you come up with.
You'll find the list of floors here

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm
In regards to mobs, it did come across my thoughts but only briefly as I'm current working on an extensive technique list for all basic weapon skill. I will pass the list to Zetsumi once it is done and he will make the final touch before revealing to the crew.

Back to the beastairy. I think it's perfectly fine to use the beasts mentioned in SAO and/or other sources but before we start adding mobs left and right, we should set in stone some of their purposes. What I have in mind is creating a list of beasts for each Level with an assigned purpose. What I mean by purpose is the type of rewards theses beasts will provide.

Basic purpose mobs would be your standard beasts that you fight to level up, increase skill proficiency, collect Col and rolling for the chance of getting a rare item. Another purpose would be for farming and these mobs would yield lower Col drop, no rare item, takes longer to level up a character and only levels up non-combat proficiency. The benefit however, is that their drops will be specific for a profession skill such as Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Carpenter, Weaver, Culinary, Botanist, Enchanters etc.

For example, Rock Elemental would drop various ores and metals items that can be sold to / used by Blacksmiths and Goldsmiths.
A Towering Treant would drop items wood and fiber for Carpenters and Weavers.
An Aggressive Flower would drop items for Cooks and Herbalists.

Of course one could also farm materials the old fashion way without fighting mobs. And you would ask why would one want to risk fighting mobs for materials then? Recall in SAO, Kirito and Lizbeth had to face against a dragon to obtain the material needed to craft the sword requested by Kirito.

With that in mind, I fear we will run out of idea rather quickly if we try to fill every floor with multiple mobs to fit the experience as depicted in SAO. So, I suggest using identifiers for mob names. Be it Level 1 Boar or... Young Boar... A way to recycle mobs from a few levels back to something much stronger or purposeful. Like Level 5 Boar, Adult Boar, Poisonous Boar etc.

Associating thoughts: Someone would have to assign a min/max Mob HP and damage per floor. Also certain rich materials on each floor... a gold mine for certain profession. Allow submission of beasts from members of the guild using a guideline that complies with guild rules and balance.

Edit: Read mother fookers! Read my wall of text!  

ThrieTheTiger

Dapper Lunatic

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm
ThrieTheTiger

I JUST GOT BACK FROM CLASS! SCREW YOU AND YOUR WALL OF TEXT!! D=<

from what i can recall reading and deeming important, mobs will probably have hp and dmg based on the hp and dmg of players at levels slightly above the floor level. Example, a 2nd floor mob might be made for levels 6 or 7.

reusing names seems fine, though i don't know about ones like "poisonous boar" cause that implies they would have that attribute...

Also, Herbalists gather, not kill. Though that does remind me, Luka's probably leveled from all her herbalizing xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm
K4M1-kun
I JUST GOT BACK FROM CLASS! SCREW YOU AND YOUR WALL OF TEXT!! D=<

from what i can recall reading and deeming important, mobs will probably have hp and dmg based on the hp and dmg of players at levels slightly above the floor level. Example, a 2nd floor mob might be made for levels 6 or 7.

reusing names seems fine, though i don't know about ones like "poisonous boar" cause that implies they would have that attribute...

Also, Herbalists gather, not kill. Though that does remind me, Luka's probably leveled from all her herbalizing xD

And the problem about "Poisonous Boar"? As the name suggest, they would have that attribute... as well as poisonous item drop. For poison makers.

Herbalists can gather the way they are... what I'm suggesting is an alternative to getting the materials for those that prefers to fight. Also, I'd much prefer to see rarer materials be obtained through drop from a stronger monster then simply "Gathered". I mean some rarer materials can be used for stronger weapons/equipments crafting or entertainment purposes like Asuna cooking an extremely rare rabbit meat.....

Come at me, bro! ~drops pants~  

ThrieTheTiger

Dapper Lunatic

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm
ThrieTheTiger

You say that now... go read just how ******** hard it is to get the best herbs... at most, 15% and you only get 1 herb, and then you have to hope that it is the type you want. This makes it harder than just fighting some stinking monster and avoiding the whole thing. Herbalism doesn't have a sub-skill because once you have the herb you can do what ever you want with the herb, mix it with something to create a potion, with food to make healing foods, or poisonous ones, etc. Basically, you're saying to let people cheat out of having to have herbalism to get herbs, which puts the herbalists out of business. So, I'm just telling you, in regards to herbalism: "No."

Okay. *Kicks in the junk*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:09 pm
ThrieTheTiger
In regards to mobs, it did come across my thoughts but only briefly as I'm current working on an extensive technique list for all basic weapon skill. I will pass the list to Zetsumi once it is done and he will make the final touch before revealing to the crew.

Back to the beastairy. I think it's perfectly fine to use the beasts mentioned in SAO and/or other sources but before we start adding mobs left and right, we should set in stone some of their purposes. What I have in mind is creating a list of beasts for each Level with an assigned purpose. What I mean by purpose is the type of rewards theses beasts will provide.

Basic purpose mobs would be your standard beasts that you fight to level up, increase skill proficiency, collect Col and rolling for the chance of getting a rare item. Another purpose would be for farming and these mobs would yield lower Col drop, no rare item, takes longer to level up a character and only levels up non-combat proficiency. The benefit however, is that their drops will be specific for a profession skill such as Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Carpenter, Weaver, Culinary, Botanist, Enchanters etc.

For example, Rock Elemental would drop various ores and metals items that can be sold to / used by Blacksmiths and Goldsmiths.
A Towering Treant would drop items wood and fiber for Carpenters and Weavers.
An Aggressive Flower would drop items for Cooks and Herbalists.

Of course one could also farm materials the old fashion way without fighting mobs. And you would ask why would one want to risk fighting mobs for materials then? Recall in SAO, Kirito and Lizbeth had to face against a dragon to obtain the material needed to craft the sword requested by Kirito.

With that in mind, I fear we will run out of idea rather quickly if we try to fill every floor with multiple mobs to fit the experience as depicted in SAO. So, I suggest using identifiers for mob names. Be it Level 1 Boar or... Young Boar... A way to recycle mobs from a few levels back to something much stronger or purposeful. Like Level 5 Boar, Adult Boar, Poisonous Boar etc.

Associating thoughts: Someone would have to assign a min/max Mob HP and damage per floor. Also certain rich materials on each floor... a gold mine for certain profession. Allow submission of beasts from members of the guild using a guideline that complies with guild rules and balance.

Edit: Read mother fookers! Read my wall of text!

I had actually planned to go through the show/manga first and pick out each and every single one of the monsters listed and then from there see what new ones could be created based on what might be needed or seem right in an area.  

Enshara

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 pm
Enshara

I suggest first looking at the SAO wiki since it mentions all of them, including ones not mentioned in the anime but just in the LN  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 am
Enshara
I had actually planned to go through the show/manga first and pick out each and every single one of the monsters listed and then from there see what new ones could be created based on what might be needed or seem right in an area.

I had actually planned to wait for the Sword Art Online: Progressive Volume 2 to be published and scanned, but if you guys wanted more monsters so badly... Oh yea, I told Emperor I'll tell him when Vol 1 was fully translated. It's not!

About recycling mob names, I admit that having multiple mobs for 100 floors is a bit challenging. Therefore, I'm not against it. However, I don't see all the mobs mentioned in the LN in the RP. I made that note about acid in the armor system for the Little Nepents... crying

Btw, boss for floor 2:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=File:Sword_Art_Online_Progressive_Vol_1_-_006-007.jpg  

Icyferno

Newbie Student

14,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Senpai's Notice 100

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 am
Icyferno

Thing is, if you're wanting all the info on all the mobs from the series itself, that means this rp is officially stuck and can't move forward from the first floor. (since you want to go with the official average level of 5 against Illfang) All that I know about the second floor mobs is that one is a cow that stands on its hind legs and carries a 2 handed weapon, i wanna say an axe.

Cool pic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 am
How about a time skip? I mean to forward the story. When I left for haitsu, I though when I come back it will be the 2nd floor already. In any case, I'm suggesting to skip floors like in SAO but rather move to the field bosses or floor bosses within a fix amount of time... Like after a month in RL, we can skip to the field bosses. Well, that's the guise of it  

Craft_Knight

Demonic Tactician

11,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 am
Craft_Knight
How about a time skip? I mean to forward the story. When I left for haitsu, I though when I come back it will be the 2nd floor already. In any case, I'm suggesting to skip floors like in SAO but rather move to the field bosses or floor bosses within a fix amount of time... Like after a month in RL, we can skip to the field bosses. Well, that's the guise of it
We progressed a day, which seemed to be a miracle in and of itself... but your suggestion will be taken into account.  
The World of Aincrad

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff