Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Space, The Final Frontier (Sci-Fi RPs)
Star Wars: 386 days later, OOC and all that jazz Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm
The official ooc/ point out any error or something you would like added, removed, changed, or any general non sense that we all get into. It has also been a very long time since I created a roleplay let alone one where i tired original content in an expansive universe.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 pm
I find the lack of posts disturbing....  

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200

T.A.D

Alien Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm
I have come to pester you my master.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:15 pm
rofl  

Nia Phoenix
Vice Captain

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250

T.A.D

Alien Businessman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:49 pm
What is so funny?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 am
Hope the bio I posted is alright. Let me know if there's anything I need to add or take out.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Tomthetank
Crew

Divine Protector

11,815 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:22 pm
Looks good to me, welcome to the story.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:55 pm
So I know this may be brash, my second post into the guild, but I have a few questions, points, and suggestions I would like to present in reference to this RP. If I sound rude at any point, I apologize. I'm "good people" I swear! I just happen to be a bit blunt.

First: You stated that this is to be oiriginal content, which is both admirable and expected for seasoned RP'ers such as we, does that mean we will still be adhering to the Cannon time line? As I read through the posts in the official story thread, I had the feeling that the cannon was practically tossed out the window. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Second: Who is the official GM of the RP? While I understand some rp threads exist entirely without an acting GM, I strongly believe that every good thread requires one. This is based off both experience and personal beliefs. While they are hopefully rarely (if ever) used, the structure should still be there in-case they are required.

Third: As I have been reading through the story thread, I have the feeling that nobody knows what the party is about... including the posters. As I type this, I have a distinct feeling I am dead wrong, but I wanted to ask what the general plan was. No details of course, I want to be surprised IC and OOC at the same time. But a bit of cohesion is always appreciated.

Finally: Are we planning on partying up in a single ship or multiple ships? These questions seem to be tie-ing into one another, but I would rather not waste time planning for events that aren't going to happen, or aren't even possible.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully answering.

Tam.  

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm
Tamwyn_the_Mage
So I know this may be brash, my second post into the guild, but I have a few questions, points, and suggestions I would like to present in reference to this RP. If I sound rude at any point, I apologize. I'm "good people" I swear! I just happen to be a bit blunt.

First: You stated that this is to be oiriginal content, which is both admirable and expected for seasoned RP'ers such as we, does that mean we will still be adhering to the Cannon time line? As I read through the posts in the official story thread, I had the feeling that the cannon was practically tossed out the window. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Second: Who is the official GM of the RP? While I understand some rp threads exist entirely without an acting GM, I strongly believe that every good thread requires one. This is based off both experience and personal beliefs. While they are hopefully rarely (if ever) used, the structure should still be there in-case they are required.

Third: As I have been reading through the story thread, I have the feeling that nobody knows what the party is about... including the posters. As I type this, I have a distinct feeling I am dead wrong, but I wanted to ask what the general plan was. No details of course, I want to be surprised IC and OOC at the same time. But a bit of cohesion is always appreciated.

Finally: Are we planning on partying up in a single ship or multiple ships? These questions seem to be tie-ing into one another, but I would rather not waste time planning for events that aren't going to happen, or aren't even possible.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully answering.

Tam.

I'm going to wait for Tom to get on so he can address most of your questions, but I have to ask what part in the RP did you think canon was being tossed out the window? I'll freely admit that my knowledge of the clone wars era has a few holes so I might have made a mistake here and there on details, but I don't see anything too contradictory to established canon unless I'm terribly mistaken.
As for the party, that was really just a device I came up with just to get our characters to interact. I do have an idea of what it's about, it's really not too exciting and just typical shady Empire dealings, though I may expand on it if needed. I'm not against plotting, but I suppose the reason why we haven't done much planning out yet is because there were so few people in the RP. With you joining us I'm sure we'll be able to come up with a coherent story.

Anyways welcome aboard! Don't worry about being blunt - I'm the same way, ahaha. Advice and suggestions are always welcome so don't feel you need to hold back.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 pm
Thanks for your honesty Scuttlefish, and thanks again for replying. As I read through what I had posted I felt a bit of embarrassed at how nob-headed a few of those statements were. Sorry about that.

The primary points I felt the canon was "tossed" were (oddly enough), the first post at the freshly ruined temple, the comments about the sith lover, and this: "What do you think? Best guess is that they'll put up a diplomatic front with the aliens, make them think that they're allies, and then colonize their planet and systematically eradicate their entire cultural identity and way of life. You know, the usual." by Silvi.

Minor things when I look back, the first post was without a proper frame of reference. I've done the same thing probably a million times. Not important.

The second was the sith lover, which can be chalked up to "hear-say" in character. not important either.

The third was hard to swallow, but that is only because I'm a stickler. Technically speaking, the Empire hadn't begun its "humanity first" crusades, so Silvi would have nothing to draw those beliefs on. But in the end, it just boils down to me being a nob. Think nothing of it.  

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm
Tamwyn_the_Mage
Thanks for your honesty Scuttlefish, and thanks again for replying. As I read through what I had posted I felt a bit of embarrassed at how nob-headed a few of those statements were. Sorry about that.

The primary points I felt the canon was "tossed" were (oddly enough), the first post at the freshly ruined temple, the comments about the sith lover, and this: "What do you think? Best guess is that they'll put up a diplomatic front with the aliens, make them think that they're allies, and then colonize their planet and systematically eradicate their entire cultural identity and way of life. You know, the usual." by Silvi.

Minor things when I look back, the first post was without a proper frame of reference. I've done the same thing probably a million times. Not important.

The second was the sith lover, which can be chalked up to "hear-say" in character. not important either.

The third was hard to swallow, but that is only because I'm a stickler. Technically speaking, the Empire hadn't begun its "humanity first" crusades, so Silvi would have nothing to draw those beliefs on. But in the end, it just boils down to me being a nob. Think nothing of it.

I'll give you the first two, but I'm still sticking with my guns for the last point you make. The Empire (and the Republic to an extent) has always been xenophobic, even if they're not slaughtering aliens in the street they're almost never seen as high ranking officers or anything other than laborers or servants and yes, slaves, with a few exceptions. I do admit Silvi's remark about the Empire colonizing planets and eradicating entire cultures was something I drew from my TOR knowledge, where they did such a thing quite frequently, but perhaps it did not occur to the same degree with the new galactic empire and that's my bad for not doing my homework.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:34 pm
Oh don't get me wrong. The new Galactic Empire DEFINITELY did that as the year's went on. However they had yet to really do anything but reorganize the government by 18 BBY. The crusades weren't to start in full swing for another year and a half or so.  

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm
And on the contrary, the Grand Republic had many non-human high officials. Xenos held offices in everything from "Galactic Senate Majority Leader" to "Grand Admirals of the Republic" and everything in between. The degree to which they held these titles varied from sector to sector and system to system, but that's life anywhere you go.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:45 pm
Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind for future posts.
And yeah I mean the republic certainly was a lot less blatant, but they were not above things like slavery. Oddly enough it was actually the Empire that outlawed slavery, though it clearly still went on behind closed doors.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:02 pm
Of course the Empire outlawed slavery! You gotta get those alien scum to trust you some how, don't you? What easier way to do that then pose as their savors, come to rescue them from the clutches of their captors? They practically throw themselves at your feet. A perfect position for us to grind their faces into the dirt, wouldn't you say? rofl  
Space, The Final Frontier (Sci-Fi RPs)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff