Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am
User Image

A thrill ran through Xelloss. He had found him! There was no mistaking that his quarry was the one who stood before him. Though a heavy red cloak covered his back, a stray gust of wind had flapped back the fabric enough for Xelloss to catch a glimpse of what was underneath. The red eye that was burned into this soquili's flesh was the symbol of their master and deity, Lord Ruby Eyes. It was the same marking that Xelloss had upon his own flank, etched in red fur.

It had been a long journey to bring him to the side of the one that carried Ruby Eyes within him, and not just in the sense of travel time. When he was alive, Lord Ruby Eyes had been in the form of a monstrous and mutated purewalker. By the time he took power he was an elder as well, and he spewed terror upon the lands along with his dedicated servants, the mazoku. Xelloss had been one of those mazoku and had proudly obeyed their terrifying god who walked the earth in flesh. When Ruby Eyes was defeated by a coalition of angeni, the mazoku plotted and schemed still. They fed certain foals of the flesh of the fallen skinwalker, hoping that his spirit would be conveyed along with his body. This unicorn before him, Rezo the Red Priest, was one of those soquili. He just didn't know it yet.

Using the Underground, they had gathered the artifacts that they hoped would awaken Ruby Eyes within Rezo's body. Now all that remained was convincing Rezo to come and place himself upon that altar. This task had fallen upon Xelloss and was one that he felt honored to take.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 am
User Image

Though Rezo could not see him, there was no doubt in his mind that the soquili who stood before him was one of dark character. He couldn't even tell the breed of the stranger, but the timbre of his voice was enough to convey a subtle sort of malice. It was something that soquili with use of their eyes might not have picked up on, but Rezo was adept at reading voices. Lacking the ability to see expressions, he had long since learned to judge his companions by other methods.

"It would appear that you have sought me out for some purpose, but not for healing." Rezo's reputation was one of a healer. He often had supplicants approaching him for the use of his medical skills, which made this one who did not need any such favors all the more interesting. "Would you like to tell me why exactly you are here?" He didn't fear this stranger. Though blind, he was far from helpless.

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am
Just like Rezo could feel the darkness in him, Xelloss knew that there was more to this unicorn than he let on. He had been initially dismayed to find out that they would be attempting to resurrect their dark lord in the body of a unicorn, one of the most insipid of breeds, but Rezo obviously no average unicorn.

"I'm here to help you, of course." He smiled brightly, even though his conversation partner could not see it. He had lost track of how many soquili he had convinced to trust him just by doing something as simple as smiling. He had the feeling that Rezo would be a little harder, but he trusted in his ability to find the right way to manipulate him to his cause.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:38 am
"To help me? Hm." Rezo smiled ambiguously. That was not something he heard often. He did not keep his search for cures for blindness secret but no one had ever come to him with a suggestion before. He wondered what exactly it was this stranger was suggesting... and what he wanted in return.

"I do not have any need of an assistant. Or is it something else that you're offering?" From the stranger he heard something that almost sounded like the rustling. Did he have wings? It did not sound like the softness of feathers.

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:46 am
He was clever. Good. Xelloss didn't want to think that Ruby Eyes was entombed within an idiot. He had the feeling he'd have to tread lightly with this one. He needed just the right element of suspense. "I'm offering exactly what you need." His purple serpentine eyes slitted open a little wider.

"I'm offering what you need and want most in the world." He slowly moved from bright and cheerful to seductively low. Temptation was a delicate thing, but stronger than stone once it arose.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am
Rezo drew his head back slightly and frowned. What he needed and wanted most. There was no question that it was his sight. He longed for vision like a flower might long for the sun in the depths of winter. Just like the flower, his soul had withered with so long trapped in the darkness of his mind.

"Those are very impressive words coming from a total stranger." He mistrusted this soquili and the games that he was playing. Rezo didn't appreciate being toyed with and had the feeling that was what was happening at that moment.

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 am
"A stranger? Let me introduce myself, then." Smiling broadly, Xelloss tapped himself in the chest with the spaded end of his tail. "My name is Xelloss, mysterious priest!" Throughout the years, 'mysterious priest' had always been his favorite title. There was something about it that he felt summed up his lifestyle perfectly.

"And I'm not a stranger, not really." Cajoling, he moved a little closer to Rezo. "We're related, just not in a way you would have guessed. Think of me like a long lost member of your family." There was an entire tribe of mazoku soquili that Rezo didn't realize that he was bound to. If things went according to plan, he would have a very impressive family reunion soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 am
Skeptical, Rezo raised one eyebrow. "Related? I highly doubt that." Throughout the years, Rezo had coupled with several different mares. Some of those mares had borne children from their union and Rezo knew he even had some grandchildren scattered about. Even knowing that, he highly doubted this 'Xelloss' was one of his descendents.

"After all..." He heard the sound again, a leathery rustling. There was only one type of appendage that he knew of that could make that sound, bat-like wings that graced the less pleasant of soquili races. "If I was related to a kalona, I think I would have known about it before now."

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am
Even Xelloss was a little surprised at that observation. The blind unicorn had been able to tell that he was a kalona? Xelloss hadn't killed anything that day so didn't think it could be the scent of blood lingering on him. Maybe it was just some connotation in the way he talked. Either way, it was a tribute to Rezo's observational skills to have been able to discern it.

"I assure you, we're related," he continued. "But it's a bit of a long story and I think we have more important things to talk about." Xelloss leaned in closer and let his voice drop lower. "Don't you want to know how your family can help restore your eyesight?" Ruby Eyes. The unicorn's eyes were sealed and it could be no coincidence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am
Despite himself, Rezo felt his pulse grow faster. He had tried so many remedies that he could not believe that a sweet-tongued kalona could possibly provide the answer... and yet, he couldn't stop the hope that such words kindled inside of him. It was a childish impulse and one he disdained, especially for how quickly he fell to it.

"I am listening," was all that he said, turning his face sightlessly to the sky. Though he could not see, he still felt the rays of the sun warming him. They were some comfort, even for him.

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:10 am
He had him. Superstitiously, Xelloss didn't let the triumph he felt show on his face. If what they suspected was true then Rezo was not actually blind. His eyes were perfectly fine, it was just that an angeni had closed them in attempt to smother the memories of ingesting their demon lord's flesh. Rezo would be able to see perfectly fine if he only would open his eyes, and the mazoku would help him achieve that.

"You'll have to come with me to the heart of the jungle. We have discovered a location there that we believe is the key to your desire." After enough misleading, now it was time for some truth. "We'll put you in the middle of a circle, chant, maybe dance around a bit... and easy as that. Your sight will be returned." And hopefully Lord Ruby Eyes would be returned with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 am
What Rezo couldn't work out was why this kalona would go through the effort of lying to him. If he simply wanted to devour him then he could do it without all this talk. Rezo couldn't imagine what purpose Xelloss might have in luring him out to the jungle, either. They were not anywhere near the jungle and it would take a minimum of weeks of travel to get there. Why did he offer this? What was his purpose?

"And this is... what? An altruistic gesture to a distant cousin?" he asked, not believing it in the slightest. "And what is this ritual? I have never heard of something like that being used for healing."

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 am
"Oh, the ritual works," Xelloss assured him. "We haven't exactly tested it yet, but we have a good reason for that." A few birds were chirping in the trees. It was an oddly cheerful background to a portentous meeting. "You see... it will only work on you." There. Let him think about that one a little.

"And we do have our reasons for wanting to help you, but I'm afraid that they're not something I can tell you." Xelloss loved his secrets. Xelloss sometimes thought that he had more secrets than most soquili had hair in their manes. "But you will get your sight. That much I can promise you. All it will take is a little cooperation."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:27 am
Everything that Xelloss said twisted things further. Xelloss was obviously no fool and only a fool would think that he would be deceived by such a ridiculous offer. It now was not just a mystical magic cure, but a mystical magic cure that would only work on him. It defied all logic, but that was what meant that it was possibly true. Rezo had already attempted all of the cures that should have worked. Maybe it was time to try one that had no chance of working instead.

The kalona was obviously lying to him, but there were shreds of truth in what he said. Enough truth that while Rezo didn't exactly trust him, he would go along with the little game for now.

"Very well. I am cooperating." Hope, that emotion he never dared to let grow, was creeping back into him moment by moment. "Take me to this jungle, and we'll see if your cure works as well as you think."

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am
"It would be my pleasure." Success. First the artifacts, now the vessel. By trick and smooth talking, they had all the pieces gathered. Weeks of open road lay before them. It was plenty of time to convince the Red Priest to go along with anything he said. Xelloss knew of many kalona who would have run this mission differently. It was a pity that so many of their breed relied only on brute force when force was so rarely needed. Pushing someone off a cliff was dangerous. They might fight back, hurt you, even escape. Convincing someone to walk off a cliff... now, that took finesse.

As they began their long journey together, Xelloss could only smile. He led the blind Rezo and wondered if his guest would even notice when his hooves stood on the edge of that metaphoric precipice.

Soon, their dark lord would rise.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces