Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm
User Image

Ho hum. Today was rather boring. Jua Bwana had walked to get some water, gone off chasing a mouse, and had glared at some passing cubs so far today, and it wasn't even mid day. His siblings were all off doing something stupid, no doubt, and his mother wasn't fond of him shadowing her every day. He had no idea where his father was, but that didn't really matter. He had only ever seen him once when he was a cub, and he had no feelings towards him.

Bwana narrowed his blue eyes as he kicked a rock with his paw while walking. He really wanted to have some sort of interaction with someone, but all of the adults ignored him since he was so young, and all of the cubs he knew were childish and stupid. He could be adult-like for those that gave him the chance, he knew. His mother told him that he acted too old for his age all the time.

The little rock ended up tumbling down a hole in the ground, probably a snake's home, and his game ended. Bwana glanced up and looked around, hoping to find something to entertain himself with. Unfortunately, the only thing nearby was a rather scraggly tree. Drat.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 pm
User Image

Rynskald liked to pretend he was Thona at times. It made him more than angry that he wasn't Thona's heir to the Throne. He would make the best candidate of all the kids that called Thona father. At least, that was his opinion. Thona didn't think so, and he knew it... That didn't make matters any better. Today was one of those days where Rynskald was having a bad day. He had a run in with Thonas, and didn't think it was fair that he couldn't kill him. The rules were rules.

Didn't help that Thona was also there. If he hadn't been, Rynskald would have caused more trouble than he had done. He huffed and found himself not watching where he was going. Something that he'd get beat for if caught. He needed to control his anger, and use it to his advantages. Of course, he thought he did all that perfectly well.

He tried to walk just like Thona, as he moved through the lands. His eyes finally scanning the land, as he started to practice the skills his father had taught him as a cub. Thona hadn't gotten to the new cubs yet. There seemed to be more and more each day. Rynskald quit counting them a while ago. He wondered if he could teach them what he knew. He knew almost everything a cub in this pride should, and he needed to do something to keep his attention away from the anger he was building up. He needed to release it.

He was now on a hunt for a cub. He ran into a few of his half sisters, though he ignored them. Females were nothing in this pride. They were just... Wasted space. At least, to him. He needed a strong cub. They normally where all over the place when he didn't want them, why couldn't he find one now when he did want one? He signed, yet continued his slow pace. The only thing that was different from Thona's walk and his was Rynskald had a frown upon his face. Annoyed look, so to speak.

Soon, a cub came into view. One that reminded him much of one of his full brothers. That irritated him a bit more. It was one of the brothers who had left him and the pride after his mother had left too. "Yo... Kid." He said getting the kids attention. Well, at least trying to get his attention. Annoyance was not spared from his voice.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Bwana found a little lizard to watch while he waited for something to happen. The pride was full of rough and tumble males, so he doubted he'd be left alone for too long. The larger, weaker ones liked to pick on those who couldn't fight back. Luckily for Jua Bwana, he had the mouth to volley back most insults thrown his way. Unfortunately he was a bit smaller than the average male juvenile and certainly nowhere near as strong as an adult, so he had to resort to running in lots of situations.

The lizard scuttled away as paw steps made their way over to him, and he glanced up once he was addressed. Kid...right. Blue eyes sized up the adult who had come by, and after a moment he wondered if they were related. A few of his siblings had green and spotted markings, and it was usually best to assume that green males were related to Thona somehow.

"Yo. Adult," he said evenly, nostrils flaring just a bit as he made eye contact with the larger male. "What do you want?"

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:40 pm
Irritation already brewing in Rynskald's veins, he could tell this one was going to become kinda problematic for him. He eyed the cub, but decided it was too late to back down now. He wasn't sure how this was going to go, but he had an idea he'd do just as good as anyone else. "I've come to teach you how to fight." Normally, that was what any cub wanted in the Bhanu'Ecchumati, at least for males. Something told Rynsklad that might not be what this little guy wanted, however.

He watched the lizard run off in it's own direction, he probably had just saved it's life for another pride member to kill. No matter, that was hardly something he needed to put his mind to, no... Something bigger was here. He looked to the cub and eyed him. "Every cub in this pride needs to grow up to be strong, and cunning. " Rynskald lacked the cunning part, even if he'd never admit it. "And today is your lucky day" He said with a bored expression. He'd never really done this, but he had went through his own type of training with Thona, along with some of his other siblings.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm
The large green male easily towered over Bwana, but he didn't let that bother him. He'd be rather terrified of most of the population of the pride if that were the case. He was small for his age, but he didn't let that stop him from standing up for himself. He didn't want to be pushed around like some...female. He was male, and he didn't have to take crap from anyone, not even his possible older brother.

"Teach me to fight, huh?" he said, raising a brow very slightly. He honestly didn't know how to fight, but he wasn't entirely sure that the male was actually going to teach him. That could just be code for 'I'm bored, you're smaller than me, I'm going to beat you up now'. He doubted his father would care, and his mother certainly didn't have any say over what the other males in the pride did. Ah well...probably best to find out and possibly learn something from this.

"What's your name, teacher?" Bwana asked, standing up to get ready to either run or move forward. He was still cautious, smart enough to know that lessons like this rarely came without a price.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:13 pm
How stupid could this cub get? Didn't he know that in order to become strong he needed a mentor. Of course, Thona tended to be the mentor to some of the cubs, but he only picked the ones he thought would be best for teaching. Rynskald gave a black stare at the cub, as if to say "are you serious?" He let the moment go by, letting his tail slightly twitch back and fourth. "Don't you want to be strong, kid?" He asked him with a raised brow.

Rynskald was a bit taken back by the question. He made himself known around the pride the best he could, but it seemed he didn't do it quite well. "I'm Rynskald, your brother" He told the kid. He was pretty sure they were brothers... Thona was his dad, and he could tell Thona was also this guy's dad. There was a certain scent about him that explained it all. He flicked his tail again. They might not be full brothers, but that didn't matter to him.

"Either you learn to fight," he started " or you get treated like a female." No male wanted that... Well, okay... most males didnt' want that. He couldn't really say that to his brother Rupesh who acted like a female. He even screamed like one. No matter. He eyed the kid curiously before digging his claws into the ground. He wasn't going to do things like Thona did. Beating a cub senseless only went so far.

Rynskald knew all too well. He was one that Thona hand picked to train. If he did something wrong, He'd get beat for it. It worked, sorta... but Rynskald wanted to try to do things a bit better. A sense of purpose to try to prove to everyone that he could be just as good. "Well, do you?" HIs patience was running thin with this cub.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm
Ah, so they were brothers. Obviously not from the same mother, but their father was their common parent. The older male had that same kind of attitude Thona had exhibited when he had come to inspect his children before they had joined the pack, and now Bwana could see just how similar they both were. Perhaps not physically, but mentally they had that same sort of disdain and low patience for those they saw as unfit to share their time.

"I do," the orange cub said as he stood, tail flicking from side to side. "But the last time someone offered to show me how to fight, I was used as target practice." He had the feeling he could trust Rynskald, though. Something about his brother made him comfortable. He got along in a similar way with his own litter mates and half-siblings that were the same age: he felt like he was wasting his time talking with them often, but at the same time wanted to look out for them and keep them from danger.

"I'm Jua Bwana," he added, realizing the green male might not know his name. He was just a kid, after all. Adults got attention in this group, but only if they were worthy of it. He knew he'd need to learn how to fight, and hey. Maybe he could rise in power. Certainly not to become the king or the heir, but he was certainly smart enough to become some sort of power holder. All he needed was the physical strength to hold his own.

"And sure, if you're actually going to teach me."

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm
Rynskald was almost inclined to ask who. It wasn't allowed in the pride for such behavior unless of course it was Thona himself, or a sibling from the same litter. That wasn't really something Rynskald cared to get involved with, however. "I play no trick on you." he said with a raise of the brow. He supposed even if he did get picked on as a cub, he'd still would have taken it as a lesson. You can easily learn from lessons, good or bad. His tail flicked.

He had no need for the cubs name, he'd just continue to call him kid. It seemed to work well, and he didn't have to try to mix up anything else. Every cup was kid to him, and that was how it was going to stay. He pondered the young cub's words for a moment. Every second making him doubt the last. He was going to do this, and he was going to do good. He kept reminding himself that he was more than just what other's said of him. He'd show them.

"Aye, I will." He started "just as long as you do EVERYTHING I say." He needed complete obedience. He didn't want to deal with a whiny little cub that couldn't do a single thing he asked him to. "I'm not going to mess around, and everything I teach you can get you killed if you don't do exactly what I tell you." Of course, he'd have to test the cub with something easy. The first task was getting him to kill something. A snake would be easy, or a lizard.. Where did that lizard go? No matter...

He'd have to start the cub off in an area that no one else was, and was out more in the desert. Things were going to be hard for the cub, and he didn't even know it. Rynskald smiled.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm
Everything he said? Bwana would have had more doubts if he wasn't related to the other leopard, but he trusted his brother not to rough him up too much. He didn't mind some roughhousing, of course. How else was he going to get strong enough to hold his own? A quick tongue and a sharp mind would get him into a lot of trouble once he was older, and he needed to be able to stand his ground rather than just run away.

"Fine," he said with a little sniff, swinging his tail from side to side. That part of him that was, in fact, still just a cub was very excited. Fighting training with an older brother! Gods and goddesses this was going to be fun! Fun, the other side of his brain, the 'old soul' side of him that was far beyond his young age, and informational.

"What would you like me to do?"

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:17 pm
Rynskald waited for the cub to reply to his questions.... He hated waiting. He wanted an answer right then, with no hesitation. He frowned at the thought that this cub would reject his offer. He flicked his tail impatiently. This wasn't a game he liked playing. Finally he answered, he was pleased with the why he answered, though not as pleased as he could be. He would have his own little shadow. Who needed to have kids to have a shadow?

Though, he still needed to get busy on that part... He failed wining over the ladies, he wasn't a very good liar like his dad, they could always see through his attempts and smack him and walk away... He wondered what he did wrong... No matter, he'd do something right, he knew. He flicked his tail again, more of a habit than anything. He didn't even notice he was doing it.

"First, I need to see how you actually are." He said with a nod. "I require you to find me a mouse, snake, or lizard." He said with a stern voice. "But, it can't be near the pride, we have to go out in the elements." He told him. A bit away from the main part of the pride, where the desert was hot, and the water smell was gone. He was just a cub, yes, but he needed to learn out to survive in this land if he wanted to be tough.

"Meaning, you can only eat and drink what you catch" Rynskald had in mind of teaching him how to live off what he ate. That meant, learning to drink the blood as if it was water to quench one's thirst. It wouldn't be as good as water in some sense, but it would do.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 am
Bwana trained his blue eyes on his other brother, waiting for some kind of instruction. The first test didn't seem too hard. There were little desert critters always scuttling back and forth. He enjoyed playing with them, but he doubted that was what Rynskald would have him do.

"Well, let's get going, then," he said with a little sniff, turning his paws to the outskirts of the pride. "This training shouldn't take all day, right?" he added, looking over at the green leopard. "I've got to be back at the den after nightfall." Despite being a bit older now, his mother still had harsh rules. If they didn't obey them, then they'd get into serious trouble. Thankfully the day was still fairly young, so he could be out for hours before it was time to return.

"There's a bunch of lizards that like that rock near the Rouge lands," he offered, hoping that information might impress Rynskald a bit. It never hurt to impress your elders, especially older siblings.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 pm
"It'll take as long as it needs to." Rynskald said. Honestly, he had no clue how long it would take, and that never was part of any type of consideration that went through his head. Even now, it wasn't something he cared to think about. They'd get where they needed to be when it was suppose to happen.

"This isn't a game kid." He reminded him as he started moving towards the farther part of the pride. He didn't pay any attention to the cubs comment on where they could find some. He wanted this to be hard, not easy. Once he was fast enough, he'd move to hares, Rynskald decided. The key trick into fighting was knowing how to hunt first.

He didn't look behind him as he picked up his pace to a trot. "Hurry, I'll find a good spot." he said with a nod. He didn't want anything close to water, and he didn't want a place with large rocks. Something that would be difficult. The entrance of the pride. It was full of dead or dying things and was the perfect place to cause the cub to see things a little differently.

There were always other things than just lizards, things that were more dangerous than most lions. Things that with one bite a cub could die. Showing the dangers of the world to a cub might not have been what a mother would want, but it was what a pride would need for a tough creature in the end. He went through it, and his other older brothers did too. "First thing to learn when hunting is survival." He said to him giving him hints, but not fully saying what was going to happen.

Snakes and scorpions tended to be pretty bad out here. Though, they were a good learning tool. It was time to see how serious this cub really was. A smirk crossed his face. He had hoped he picked the right cub, but he really didn't look at the other cubs. he went with the first one he saw... Things would happen how he wanted them to... He was sure of it.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am
Bwana gave a little snort, muttering 'I didn't say it was' to himself as he followed the green male. He had no idea where his brother was taking him or what he would do, but he had faith that it would, in the end, make him stronger. He knew he had the potential mind to be a great leopard, but his body? He was the smallest of his siblings as of right now, and he really wanted to have some bulk and power behind his words.

"I'm hurrying," he said, running alongside Rynskald to keep up, tail bobbing to keep his balance. "Where the heck are you taking me?" he added, a frown on his face. This part of their lands was even more arid and desolate than the other parts. The smell of water and safety was gone, and he wondered if they were even still in Thona's domain.

"Are we still on our land?" The rouge lands were familiar to him since he had spent his first month or so there with his mother and siblings, but he had forgotten just how barren it could be.

[ Lady Kiya ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 pm
"Close to the main entrance into the pride." Of course, there was no official way into the pride, and no real entrance way, but it was always the way that Thona came and left, so he just assumed it was the entrance. It seemed logical enough. He didn't put too much time in thinking about it, honestly, like a lot of other things. Rynskald wasn't the smartest in the pride, though he wasn't totally stupid. He knew how to fight, and he knew somewhat how to teach someone to fight.

"We'll see how well you can survive without my help there over night." He said with a nod. Yes, that should work good enough. "To hunt is to survive." He started to explain. "First you got to be able to handle yourself against the things that are most deadly out here." Though a scorpion was mostly harmless to an adult, a cub was another story. "While there may be lizards out here," he continued, "there are also scorpions and snakes that won't hesitate to hurt you."

He wanted to give him a little heads up, now that he thought about it. Even though he, himself, didn't get even that much, he felt it was needed. "I went through the same thing when I was about your age." He decided he didn't want to do everything like Thona did, but add in his own touches here and there. "I'm sure your mother, and the rest of the Aleutsi won't care too much, I'll tell them how it is." He was a male, and had more authority in the pride, so it wouldn't be too hard to deal with them. Though, Rynskald couldn't really say who his mother was... He honestly had no clue... Not that it really mattered to him.

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm
Bwana tilted his head a bit as Rynskald spoke. He wasn't liking the sound of how this training was going to end up. Being left out on his own with dangerous things? He tried to keep a nonchalant face, though, not wanting his worry to show through.

"So you've done this, huh?" he said, glancing around for anything particularly dangerous. "My mother probably will be upset you subjected me to things like this without her approval, but in the long run I think she'd appreciate it." She was a very no-nonsense kind of leopard, after all. She didn't want her children to be defenseless. And, since Thona was his father, he knew he had that name to live up to.

"So what are you going to do? Leave me out here and see if I survive until morning?"

[ Lady Kiya ]
Sorry about the delay! Work's been killing me.

[IC] Bhanu'Ecchumati Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff