Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Smells like burnt cake [Anella x Nicolae] [FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 pm
It was Halloween afternoon, and damn was it a good day outside. The air was crisp and cool and there was the sound of some laughter as parents took their children out early for trick or treating. Nicolae was walking the streets just looking for something to do. Maybe he’d hit up the arcade or something…or go to the store to get some candy for himself.

He paused, seeing a slightly familiar girl on the other side of the street. Well. Wasn’t that the chick who had burnt her chocolate pound cake? The blonde grinned, pulling out his cell phone, getting her contact and typing in a text. ‘Hey Pound Cake Girl. Haven’t spoken to you since we met. How have you been? Happy Halloween.’

He didn’t put his name in the text, but sent it, just watching the girl that he thought was her, hoping that he was right about his assumption. If he was wrong, well…no harm done. He wasn’t going to be like one of those losers who said hello to people that they thought were someone, but they really weren’t. Nope. He was playing this safe.

If he really played it safe….maybe he’d have a date for Halloween. Wouldn’t that be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm
Absentmindedly, Anella pulled out her buzzing phone to check the text a few seconds after it started going off. She seemed distracted, though from across the street it might not be obvious why. She had a bag or two dangling from her arms—spoils from the Halloween sales she'd stumbled upon before—and had been in the process of heading back to her bike when she spotted a very lavishly set up stall selling rather cheap, rather beautiful pumpkins.

She wasn't entirely sure what she would do with a pumpkin if she'd gotten it, though her mind was reciting recipes that called for fresh pumpkins.

She wanted roasted pumpkin seeds, lightly sprinkled with salt.

In browsing for a sizeable pumpkin, she'd come across a woven basket nestled in the middle of all the pumpkins that housed three of the cutest little kittens she'd ever seen. If it wasn't for the text message, she might have spent the rest of the day cooing and petting under their fluffy little chins.

She went from wearing a pleased smile to a scowl when she read the text, and while her face reddened a bit, her pursed lips were evidence of annoyance. The was only one person she'd given her number out when she'd been in the process of burning a pound cake, and obviously he cared more about the cake than he did her name.

'I've been good. Keeping busy. Happy Halloween to you too, what's up?' she texted back, spinning on her heels to face the kittens again the second she'd pressed the 'send' button.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 am
The moment the girl reached into her purse to get the phone he grinned. Well. Seems like it was the same girl after all. The blonde crossed the street and tiptoed up behind her grinning. “Not much is up, Poundcake girl. I just, you know. Saw you on the street and wanted to say hi, clearly.”

He had hoped that he would startle her. He wanted to have startled her….and honestly, he thought that he had done a fairly good job at it…she hadn’t looked across the street once after all…and her attention was rather occupied with some adorable kittens. Nicolae reached out a hand, petting one of them and just grinning. “It is nice to see you again, Anella.”

There. Now she would at least know that he did in fact know her name…he just chose not to use it. Who used people’s names anyway? Well, everyone did…but he wasn’t everyone, now was he.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 am
Had Anella not been so fabulously distracted with kittens, she might have noticed Nicolae approaching. As she did not, however, him directly addressing her resulting in a fairly unattractive screech. When she recognized Nicolae, her lips pursed and her eyes narrowed, and she was immediately reminded of the embarrassment of the day they first met.

Again. And this time wasn't much better.

And what insult did she have to fling back at him? Hey, sexy man? Hey, Mister Nice Hair?

"Oh, sure," she huffed, trying to regain some composure and brush aside the yelp and her now loudly pounding heart. "Were you only going to text me if you saw me again or have you just been busy?" she asked, forcing herself to look away from him so she could return to scratching under one of the kittens' throats—and hopefully get her pulse to return to normal.

…At least this guy knew her name and wasn't just making up nicknames to hide the fact that he'd forgotten. Even if it wasn't a particularly desirable nickname…

"Either way," she concluded, sorely glancing at Nicolae from the corner of her eye. "What do you want?"

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:31 am
Nicolae just grinned. That had been…most enjoyable. Well, at least now he knew she got scared fairly easily…and she was a screamer. That was always good information to have. “Well, Anella.” He stretched and glanced around the little pumpkin stall. “I wasn’t one hundred percent sure that it was you, I mean, I was all the way across the street, so I just wanted to make sure. I figured texting you would be a lot better than running up, wrapping my arms around you and whispering ‘hey foxy lady’ into your ear. Though, now that I think about it, you might have jumped in the air if I had done that…or hit me. Whatever worked.”

He reached out and picked up a tiny little pumpkin examining it. “I didn’t really want anything. I was just out walking, and saw you and wanted to say hello, I mean. We haven’t talked since you burned your cake, so I was just curious to see how you’ve been.” He flashed a smile at her then looked to the kittens. “You doing anything special for Halloween?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm
Anella stared at Nicolae as he relayed his alternative plan, and a part of her figured that almost might have been more enjoyable. Exciting, at least—and certainly not what she was used to. "I'd rather be 'Foxy Lady' than 'Pound Cake Girl', I'm just saying." She tilted her head to see what he was doing, even as she continued to pet the fluffy little kitten in front of her.

At least Nicolae seemed to be innocent enough. If she ignored him bringing up her poor burned cake. "Not really doing anything spectacular. Was planning on hanging around the house, maybe watching a bunch of horror videos."

…Pigging out on all that candy she'd bought. But Nicolae probably didn't need to hear that part. "Why, what are you doing?" she asked, expecting his evening plans to trump hers entirely.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 pm
He tossed the pumpkin in the air then caught it again, grinning at her. “And so you shall be now, Foxy Lady. In fact, I’m going to change your name in my phone to just that.” Nicolae nodded at her Halloween plans, seeming somewhat impressed. “Sounds like a fun night indeed. I don’t have any plans as of yet, which is one of the reasons I wandered over here. I was hoping maybe you’d want to come over to my place. I could cook you dinner…maybe make you a nice spooky Halloween cake.”

The blonde winked at her, giving yet another grin. “You know. And I wouldn’t burn it. But, if you didn’t want cake…we could always carve some pumpkins then toast up the seeds or something. That’s always something fun to do on Halloween. I have a few scary movies we could watch.”

He hesitated for just a second, then shrugged tossing the pumpkin into the air again. “But it’s really up to you, Foxy Lady. I’m game for anything.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 pm
"Oh," she huffed immediately. "Stop bringing up that cake, all right? I'll have you know that I do not live just to burn cakes!"

…She burned plenty of other things too, unfortunately.

Though, it seemed like a nice offer—she really didn't want to spend the evening alone if she didn't have to. Watching movies with a cute guy who was willing to cook her dinner? It was a bit reverse of what she'd had in mind, but Anella definitely wasn't going to turn down the offer if he was serious about it.

"…Anyway," she grumbled, only now turning away from the kittens to look at Nicolae. "…I guess it doesn't sound like a bad plan. As long as you're not just playing some trick on me—because, I swear. Trick or treat? No, thank you. If this is just some prank, I'll take you around this building and kick your a**," she warned. Her tone shifted to a much friendlier tone when she added, "But if you're serious, then—yes. That sounds like a lot of fun. I typically wind up giving myself nightmares on Halloween, so a change from the norm would be awesome."

Alcohol, sugar, and scary movies did not make for a good night's sleep, but Anella had far from learned her lesson.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm
He laughed loudly, tossing the pumpkin in the air, and dropping it as he continued to laugh. This girl was fun. She really was. Fiery, and beautiful. Someone that didn’t seem like just another pretty face. “Very well, very well. This isn’t some sort of trick, I promise. Come on, let’s pick out our pumpkins and we can be off. Off into the night. If you really want, we can do a quick raid on the grocery store and get some candy to munch on during the movies. It’ll either already be discounted tonight, or it’ll be completely overpriced. But, hey. A gamble is a gamble, and what’s life without a little risk, eh?”

Nicolae waggled his eyebrows then grabbed a rather large pumpkin from the now rather sparse selection. “I’ll even be a gentleman for you tonight, Anella, and I’ll pay for your pumpkin, how about that?” He walked to the cashier and set his pumpkin down, letting the old woman know that he was paying for his, the one he dropped and whatever one Anella picked out. Then he hoped they could get going.

This was turning out to be quite a Happy Halloween indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm
She couldn't help but laugh at Nicolae's antics. She wasn't sure if he was actually being charming, or if she just hadn't been around a good looking guy in so long that it just seemed like it. "A gentleman? Well." She grinned, and looked for the biggest pumpkin. It took both hands and a lot of lifting to pry it up. She plopped the pumpkin down next to Nicolae's and looked at him with a challenging sort of grin. "If you say so."

Movies and pumpkins and food and candy?

With a lineup like that, there was no way tonight could go wrong.

Unless Nicolae didn't have a car—because there was no way in hell she was going to be able to carry this thing for longer than a few minutes.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas