Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Hurricane Sandy! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've been waitin' so long to be here for a major storm
  And now I finally got my wish!
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 pm
Or whatever it's called. Anyway, it's apparently headin' pretty much right for me. At the moment, I'm back home with my parents in Maryland, and my house is about a 3 minute walk from a beach that looks out onto the Chesapeake bay. I can see the bay from my house, it's so close, and apparently the hurricane, or frankenstorm, or whatever they're callin' it, is gonna be hittin' that area hard.

I'm like super pumped, since I missed hurricane Irene. When that hurricane hit the community my parents live in, SO many trees went down and they were out of power for almost 2 weeks.

We've stalked up on ramen, donuts, soup, spaghettios, and beer, so we're ready!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 pm
We were under tsunami alert for a little bit. Though it's not really in our area. There was an actual earthquake though.

My roommate won't drive me to the beach to look for giant waves.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am
That sucks. My brother likes to take pictures of storms, so he drives down to the beach all the time durin' storms, and I tag along.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 am
There was an earthquake? O.O Where?

And Semok, your crazy. You could die. crying  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:38 am
No hurricanes for me !  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 am
Aoi the Crossdresser

That's why it's so much fun!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser

Your crazy. Your just as bad as the son on Scary Movie 4 who thinks all the violence and war and stuff is awesome and wants to run right into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:01 pm
* wants to live *  

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser

Your crazy. Your just as bad as the son on Scary Movie 4 who thinks all the violence and war and stuff is awesome and wants to run right into it.

I'm not sayin' it's a good thing. I just like the adrenalin rush I get when I feel as though I might die.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 pm
Semok
I'm not sayin' it's a good thing. I just like the adrenalin rush I get when I feel as though I might die.
Your insane. sad Which is why I don't live in an area where natural disasters happen. I'd be more worried about losing all my valuables and stuff rather than fear for my life.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:39 am
There was a 7.7 earthquake in northern BC. The major cities (like Vancouver) apparently didn't feel it, but there were Tsunami warnings issued because of it, for places as far as Hawaii. As far as I read yesterday there were no reports of major damage or injury.

As for the hurricane or whatever, my Weather Network app has been berating me with links to articles saying how it COULD be the biggest storm of the century, IF it were to follow a really specific path AND take a dramatic 90 degree turn in its trajectory, etc etc... aka there's no news and they have a tiny chance of a crazy storm happening.

I mean, it is a hurricane, but only category 1 as far as I know. Basically... really high winds and a whole lotta rain.

Aoi... stuff is just stuff. It's replaceable. It's shitty to lose your computer and all your ID, but... you can get it all again.
That said, I do think it's dumb that so many people live in disaster-prone areas. NYC-general-region isn't too bad. But parts of Florida, parts of central US, and other major hurricane/tornado alleys, or places where the water levels keep rising yet everyone just moves their house back 10 feet every year is dumb.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:19 pm
Be safe you guys.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 am
We had really strong winds last night but they've died down, and the storm itself is pretty much dodging where I am. Just some sudden short rain showers...

How's everyone else in the affected regions?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:34 am
NOES I NEED MY COMPUTER!!!!!!! crying

And nothing is happening here. No rain nothing.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:59 pm
Well, the storm was a complete disappointment. We only lost power for about 30 minutes, and that was it. No trees fell or anythin'. I was so bummed, so I started eatin' all of my food supplies.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff