Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Up for a dig? (Upepo Juu Maji & Kei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:49 pm
User Image

The afternoon was in full swing on the Bahari lands and little Maji was having a little fun on the sandy beach. She was digging up a storm making herself a nice hole in the sand. Most of the time she enjoyed playing with her siblings but there were times that she enjoyed playtime alone. This particular afternoon was one of them.

She was humming to herself and pretty much ignoring any other lions who might be watching her like a Pombuka or other cubs. She wasn't interested in them just what she was doing in her hole. It seemed the further down she dug the cooler the sand got and that made her want to dig even more. She was pawing at the walls of her hole making it wider and at the same time trying to make it deeper by pawing at the bottom too. She wanted her hole big enough that she could climb in it and possibly hide but she still had a bit of digging to go.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm
User Image The smell of the ocean, had buggered this cub out of the secure location of his mother's den. A yawn escaped him and thus, he was scooting around and dragging. Harmonia had been missing from the den aswell. Usually she was out next to the sea singing... But today he wasn't going to see his single sister. Today, he was going to be out-bored. Maybe even try his paw at catching a fish. Something NOT so musical like his family was entranced with. Performers, Singers, and Artists. Celebrities. He didn't want anything to do with Art today, he wanted to just... BE around.

They were the dotted children of the healer. Making them slightly known for their artistic skills but even more because they were rumored to be Jamala's children. A God. Mother neither confirmed or denied this but the rumors did circulate. Especially the seer factor. He- had never gotten a vision but oh so many asked him if he did. No- he was not going to predict if they would find pearls today. Giving a heavy sigh, he looked around before he went up to the ocean. Mother explained it was dangerous yet he went on and watched fish go around. Jumped, failing- and when he was quiet to slowly catch one he started to hear something which caused his ears to lift.

Shuffling. Shoveling. "Huh?" Then he saw the girl.. At first he was going to ignore her but she looked so determined that he slowly dragged out of the water. "Um. What are you looking for." Coming up behind her and lowering his head in to the hole she was making..

Serene, gentle yet gave off a cool kid vibe though he was neither the sort. It was just his natural vibe. His voice, was so different, the accent was different... because of the ability to manipulate his voice to sing which came as smooth breathing...

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm
The pile of sand next to Maji's hole slowly kept getting bigger. Being so little, her digging efforts were not as successful as she had imagined when she started digging her hole. She wasn't too concerned though because just the fact she was having fun trying to make her a hiding hole was enough for her.

When a voice came from right behind her she actually jumped a little because the voice was so close. When she turned around to look at him she was almost nose to nose with him. His different colored eyes is what caught her attention first. She was mesmerized by them and curious to why he had different colored eyes. "Oh I'm just digging." She replied after a moment with a smile. "The sand is cooler down here. It feels nice under the paws. Come feel!" She said and motioned for him to climb in.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:53 pm
User Image Like any young male, oblivious to her stare, he looked down then back at her. Remaining that close to her face for a tad bit before she made the intention on moving. He wouldn't mind neither way, and he opted to follow where she was leading him. A hole- just to make a hole? Well she was quite the odd one, strange but he followed along cautiously...

She hadn't flipped out like other cubs about who 'he' was and it was nice. Or maybe the cub was dense and didn't know- regardless. It was a good thing, and he slowly came up close to her- hairs away as he put his forepaws in to the wet damp sand. It was hot- the sun was beating down on his dark pelt causing the heat to surge through his body especially his head. But the cooling of his pads mad him slightly crack a smile before retracting them and sitting back next to her. Hovering his head low. "That's pretty..cool." Then he turned to her, with serene eyes gazed upon hers.

Extremely close to her face... and he stayed there for a moment, then put his paws down in to the hole and pulled up a heavy chunk of sand up and kicked it under him. Then put his paws back in to the hole. "How did you find this out exactly?" Looking back at her.. He was, just a beautiful cub- and terribly didn't know what he did to cause such cuteness to himself, unlike most that were pretty- his mother made sure they were pretty down to earth and modest no matter how many complimented and tried to boost their egos.

"You know you could use this as a hiding place." He decided it would be easy to hide in... regardless getting trapped inside a whole would really dangerous of course but he didn't know better.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 pm
Chi Sohma

Maji smiled as he placed his paws down in the sand and then found herself caught up in his eyes again as he stared at her for several moments. His eyes were so pretty. She wished her eyes were that pretty.... As he started digging in her hole she came back to reality and stopped dreaming of having eyes like his. "Oh well I was just bored today actually and wanted to dig in the soft sand." She explained to him.

She really didn't know much about him so his cuteness and fame was lost on her. The only part of him that swept her away was his eyes. She so wanted a pair colored just like his. She just wasn't sure how that would happen so she wasn't too worried about it. It would just be a day dream of hers. "Oh yeah I knew that. When I realized the sand was rather easy to dig in I decided to try and dig this hole as deep as I could so I could use it during hide and seek games with my siblings. I almost never win when we play."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:35 pm
User Image Oblivious to catching her eyes, again and again. He just liked looking in to other's eyes when talking. That, about him made him slightly more mature, but his mother taught them all the right notes. Manners, and modesty. Always helping others... that sort of thing. "I can help. I always lose in hide and seek too. Sand likes whiter pelts more. I stick out like a soar thumb." His siblings were somewhat lighter and could hide so much more better. When they DID have time to play that was.

"I don't have time to just.. dig a hole.. this is.. kinda fun." He smiled softly and helped to make it wider. Because of his father, he had huge paws to fill- size wise of course. Pushing the dirt behind him and kicking.

Silence, but after a few more kicks and able to house ONE of them, he looked at her, hoping she would approve of his help and how it was turning out. "Ok.. I think you can get in now. See what you think?" Taking a step back then flopping on his hind quarters. A smile reached his maw, it looked like he wasn't used to smiling on how awkward it seemed to look on him. Dorky in fact maybe.

While he waited, he looked to his side and found the dirt he kicked up and felt it.. Still cold. With the beating sun he rubbed himself in it subtly and shook off its excess, and oh and behold- he was instantly cooled and he relaxed all over. Yep... Black pelts were a hassle but he may have found himself a solution, all because of some hole that someone just randomly wanted to dig. "Smart kid." Referring to her, if it wasn't for her- he'd probably complain later about the heat somehow. It was a compliment, and an endearing one at that.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:57 am
Maji smiled brightly when he offered to help her dig her hole. "Oh thank you!" She exclaimed happily as she got to digging now even happier to have a new companion. "I stick out too and my hiding places are almost never very good. My siblings always find me really quick."

She couldn't have been happier to have a new companion digging with her. His comment of never digging before wasn't much of a surprise to her cause this was a first for her too. It was just a whim that she went through with and now she's glad she did. "This is really fun! Especially with your help." She told him with a sweet smile.

When he told her it was ready for her she climbed in and laid down. "Wow it is so cool down in here!" She exclaimed as she looked up to her black pelted companion then she got up and climbed out. "Give it a try! It feels so nice down there!" She told him and she nudged her head against his shoulder as a motion for him to climb in now.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 am
User Image While she sat in, he pulled and pushed away the excess of the sand away.. Making himself useful, because he had to be. It was just in him to do so. She was so excited, that when she jumped out and when he was just about to jump in... The high tide blew in and smashed in to his back causing him to go face first in to the hole... subsiding, and because of the hole he was able to just get pushed back in to the wall of it instead of being pulling out closer to the ocean. When the water strained back its reach he gasped for air and made a hacking sound. Surely the water clogged up one air way because of the surprise in it all.

Unlike his siblings, he didn't like being in the water.. It made him itchy and his fur less than soft as when it was dry.. Leaving his hair pulled down by gravity and water.. But he didn't have time to worry about that, and looked around. "Ah~ Girl! Girl!" With his fur covering his eyes, he didn't immediately see her, so he jumped out of the hole and pushed around."Hey you ok!? Yell if you ok!"

Izzy Makani

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:43 am
"I'm right here!" She called as she walked back up to the hole now soaking wet. She hadn't realized the tide was rising at all. She'd been completely entranced by playing with Kei. She was going to be in a lot of trouble with her mom now. Her mother was extremely protective and didn't like them being very close to the water since they were so young. Going home soaking wet she knew she was going to hear it from mom now.

"That was scary! I thought I was going to be swept completely out to sea." She said as she walked over to Kei and then glanced back at the water that had come a lot closer than it was when she started. "Looks like we may have to abandon our hole. Momma isn't going to be happy that I was so close to the water."

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 am
User Image When she came over to him, he remained stilled, and let the water brush through his paws and in to his digits as he looked more upset.. They had to abandon the hole.. They worked so hard on it... Puckering his lips to one side as he thought for an alternative.. Then he looked back at her with only his eyes, not his face..

"If you would have been swept to sea.. trust me. Tons would come after you." Still thinking before she made the statement of her mother-which reminded him of HIS mother. Taking back, he eased his body, curling a tail around his legs. "Same...Mother says the ocean will swallow you and we'll never come back to her." He has an extremely overprotective mother, but at least she was extremely kind and rational- most of the time.

" My mum sounds easier to deal with.. But either way, I rather go to my uncle. He'd make sure we don't get in trouble." Then he nodded in determination. "He's a storyteller so its easier for us to slip by, lets go." Turning around and looking at the random lions passing by. "Stay close." As he dashed through the legs of lions and even a leopard. Heading towards the 'pin' of cubs...

Izzy Makani

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:34 am
Maji was surprised she hadn't thought of going to someone else to keep from getting in trouble with her mom. She had simply planned to take whatever punishment she would get even if she waited till the water dried to go back to her mom. She liked Kei's idea much better.

She nodded when Kei told her to stay close and she scurried off after him. She worked hard to stay right on his heels and not run into any of the adults that they were running between. She tended to be a bit clumsy and that clumsiness made her very noisy. She stepped on twigs and tripped slightly on rocks even when she wasn't trying to keep up with her new friend.

"A storyteller? How exciting!" She exclaimed while she followed Kei. "Is your uncle a friendly guy?"

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm
User Image "I guess so.." He kept dodging and nonchalantly breezing through legs until they made it to the den.. He turned to the girl and sighed with a slight smirk. "What is too friendly~~~You'll see~" Slowly gathering his fur to look somewhat presentable as he breezed through were the cave started, and right outside not even barely in was a huddle of other cubs circled around a rather HUGE looking male. One with scars, he used to be a pirate. Of the seven seas and the 4 continents. Or- what he told of his stories. Slowly he tried to squeeze his way in turning to the girl and giving her room beside her.

User ImageThe huge male, had a seaweed wrap around one eye that seemed to bare a huge looking scar right down his forehead and down his eye. Unusable to say the least. But he was a huge teddy bear and the feel of him, one just knew that he was just a joy to be around. He was midst of a story of the God or Surf and The love between the Valcano Goddess- known to the pride, but in detail! With every single fiber of love and star crossed lovers could tell- to a set of young ones. Up until Tsu laid his eyes on Kei.

"MY BOY!" He exclaimed in mid sentence and yanked the male in to his arms and gave him a big bear hug and softly let him down. Kei didn't seemed all to pleased but didn't retaliate neither. "Now- where was I- Oh and-" Then the sound of mothers calling their young.. Tsu's head dropped down to all the young ones heads. "Next time- I tell ye' bout dey pirates! Now off you go!" As they all ran off, and now his attention was brought back to Kei, then slowly to the new face. "Oh, well hello there~ It seems you finally made a friend there aye?" He laughed. "The name is Tsukouru- Tsu for short~ A nanny and story teller all in one bundle, and at your services m'lady~"

Kei looked up at his 'non' blood related uncle. "We got some waves- and ma would be angry if she saw us like this. Won't you cover for us?"

For a moment the lion looked puzzled, then concerned, lowering his head to them. "As long as you two are extra careful next time- I can do-"

User Image "Who would be angry?" A soft, majestic voice sounded from behind the large male, and oh and behold, a female, with white fur, that danced of rainbows and darkness.. Even her tail was long and whispy as her foremane. A bright smile became of her face as she took residence beside Tsu, the aura she gave of kindness and that 'feel good' feeling just radiated off of her. She was truly a gem, and humble mother of ... a litter of 8.

The cub was taken back and looked at his friend, a frown resided across his face. "...Ma. I led her too far in to sea and we got some waves, can you help her so she doesn't get in trouble?"

The lioness lowered her head and softly smiled to the young lioness. "Of course, as for You Kei, you can resort a cleaning from Tsu~ since you trust him with your secret adventures." The mother softly laughed.. You couldn't imagen that this was Kei's mother on how blank and reserved Kei was.. This lioness radiated light in everything she did and she simply lowered her body in to a lay. "If you come closer- I can try and groom away the ocean's kiss."

Izzy Makani

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:21 pm
Maji followed Kei as he led her to the den. She came to a stop behind Kei and gazed up at the big male that was telling stories to the clutter of cubs at his feet. He looked a bit scary but Maji wasn't bothered by that she already wanted to ask him lots of questions about his scars and the story he was telling and all kinds of random stuff but it wasn't the time for that. When the large male finally noticed Kei and snatched him up Maji giggled while she watched the male rough up Kei.

When the male's gaze landed on her she smiled happily at him. "Hi Tsu!" She greeted just before Kei told their story. When Tsu replied she smiled happily knowing they would be ok that was until she heard another voice come from behind Tsu. She didn't know the voice but she could tell Kei did and it didn't look good.

Maji laid her ears back as a beautiful female came into view and Kei told their story to her. When she replied Maji was suprised but happy at her response. "Thank you Ma'am." She told her as she walked over to her and sat down between her front paws. After she sat down Maji couldn't keep her mouth shut and she started with questions. "You're very pretty. What's your name? ...Are you Kei's momma? I like your shells. Where'd you get them?"

Chi Sohma
Maji makes me smile. She reminds me of my daughter with all her talking and mostly happy mood.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm
User Image "Yea- thanks ma." He let his eyes roll then let Tsu clean him up as he did little to resist. Once he was pretty much done, he gave a nod to Tsu before slipping away and settling down near his mother. Ears fanned back and watching the two girls have a ball with each other. He- wasn't having no ball what so ever now that his mom was taking his friend's time.

User Image"Seems the lad is a bit jealous~ mmm I need to soon depart, I was told to help guard around the boarders.. But you know- these cubs and all their attentions~ " He laughed. "Should really listen to your mother~ You should know that- can't hold a thing over that one's head." A smile crossed his maw before slowly lifting his huge body up, rubbing his pad against Kei's head and slowly making his way off to the outer parts.. Yes, the lion was huge, scarred up- but the most gentle giant. The family was simply not the same without him around.

"Yea, well, not takin' mauh friends neither." Giving his mother a look, then sighing. "I don't suppose you have some food to.. I'm kinda hungry.."

User Image "My name is Israfel, but you may call me Izzy." A smile settled in to her maw at the little girl. Reminding her of her only daughter of the litter. She was quite lucky to at least have ONE, and this one made her wonder where hers might be running around, probably with her twin somewhere. "Why thank you~and so are you little one.." Grooming her happily and gently.. As the girl spoke, she tried to at least groom her til most of the water look came out before taking a breather to answer the girl's million questions. So fully of life this one was, unlike all her boys whom just caused ruckus. "Yes, and his many siblings. No matter how much it bothers him, I am his mother." She joked and gave herself a chuckle. "I got this one from... a special friend.." Kei's father. "It helps me with my music, this shell is very special to me."

Her eyes went sad almost, until Kei spoke, pulling her out of her sadness and smiled. "Oh~ so when your hungry you want mommy?" Chuckling. "I may have some fish saved in our spot. But I have one of your sick brothers to attend to- you can take this little one along with you. I think you two are just about ready to go. Remember to take her back home dear, she is a lady after all." Winking to him as her mane danced when speaking.

Not one minute went by where he wasn't completely annoyed, for the moment. Usually he was just quiet and humble but he rarely had friends that were JUST his.. The longer he was here, the bigger chance he had, having one of his siblings just whisp the girl away. "Thanks..." His ears went down and slowly poked the girl's side. "We'll have to hurry or my ... kin will eat it all." Having a somewhat serious face on.

For a moment, she stared at her son... sometimes he acted like his father, sometimes, a bit like a male she once knew.. "Go on then~" Softly nuzzling them along. "Kei is right~ they could eat eeeevvverrrrryything~" Wagging her tail. Which reminded her that she would have to catch more fish soon or ask for a hand in helping her gather enough for her little army..

"Com'on." Stating before he started to walk, then stopped and looked back to see if she was following.

Izzy Makani

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers