☾ Biroki Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:24 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Lines by kaname423, Color by jayoku)

|| Stat Page ||
Updated: Oct/03/16
Experience || 4

Inventory
Weapons
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Basic Staff || Intricate Staff || Rare Staff
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Water lvl1 || Lightning lvl1 || Earth lvl1
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fire lvl1 || Speed lvl1
Health lvl1 || Life lvl1 || Force lvl1
Lightning lvl1 || Earth lvl1 || Fire lvl1
Health lvl2 || Life lvl2 || Force lvl2
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lightning lvl3 || Fire lvl3

Items
Opal Pebble || Kie-ja || Crystal Kinfa Feather
Prophet's Staff || Resistance Token x2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 pm
User Image

User Image

Name: Biroki
[BEE-Rro-key]

Species Shifter, Male

Class Sage

Traits
Dreamer
Biroki is the sort of man who likes to sit back and think about things. He admires an animal or plant not merely for what it can provide him but for it's innate beauty and grace, and what feelings it invokes in others. To him, the world is beautiful and he wants to tell everybody about it. Sometimes, he can even find the words to express what he sees around him. More often, though, he doesn't, because words are simply not apt.
Biroki's thoughts often turn to the potential unformed future. His rich imagination provides him with a myriad of possibilities, some glorious and some terrible, some ambitious and some static. This makes him an extraordinarily optimistic worrywart, and a decent storyteller. Sometimes, his imagination runs away with him, though...

Awkward
Biroki has a lot of trouble trying to figure out what to say in social situations. In front of strangers and friends alike, his words fail him and he regularly constantly second guesses himself. Although he has become more confident in recent years, he is still very much a shrinking violet, albeit a shrinking violet that occasionally stands up for what he feels is right.

Self Sufficient
Biroki can usually handle himself. He knows herblore, minor healing, and- with his magic trained to a usable level- can protect himself in a fight for the most part. He knows how to survive on his own if pressed to that. Some may find it surprising that such a wet rag of a man could actually handle himself. Biroki, however, knows he has been, historically, a burden to others, so he endeavors to make that burden as little as possible. As he's grown up, the skills he has developed have proven more and more useful, and have become a great source of confidence for him. Especially now that he and his wife are having troubles, being able to rely on himself and himself alone has proven to be very helpful.

Personality
Biroki is a kindhearted man. He is not especially tough seeming: for the most part, he would rather back down and apologize than fight. He used to downplay himself a lot, but after the battle at Neued and attaining the rank of Sage, he has become confident in himself and his magical power.

His strong magical power, though a source of confidence, is a little too close to him, and effects him in many ways. This makes his life difficult as the raging, hot, forces of fire and electricity interfere with his own gentle personality.

He has managed to master and temper the outbreaks of stormy wrath, but he is worried about whether, in the process of controlling his anger and maturing, he has assimilated those traits permanently. He has become more passionate about life than he had been before and, while he doesn't have a temper exactly, he can be moody and snappish.

Aside from the raw elemental strength of his magic, Biroki's main strength is his keen attention to detail, which serves him well as a gatherer and as a sage both. He also has a vivid imagination and a clear memory.

Some people walk around Tendaji and are oblivious to it's ethereal beauty – not Biroki. When he can find the words, he likes to describe what he sees in interesting and beautiful ways. To him, a mossy rock isn't just a mossy rock- it is a 'somber stone cloaked in green, lit by the ethereal light of fireflies dancing obliviously around it'. A Kinfa Feather isn't just a dirty feather from a giant Tale bird, it is 'a soft blade of piercing blue fallen from the wing of a great beast'. Usually he can't get it out the way he wants to through the nerves and stammering, but when he calms down his words can really be quite beautiful.

Biroki hates people treating him like a weakling and an invalid. He's gotten it all of his life because of his wimpiness, stammer, and tendancy to fall all over himself. Even Zuri patronizes him, and its upsetting that, even though he (somehow) made it to the rank of Sage and has proven himself (even to himself), he still gets this treatment.

He hopes to earn himself some respect from them – and from himself - and change things for the better. Someday. Somehow.

The fights with Zuri and his family situation have made this difficult, and Biroki has a hard time reconciling his own stubbornness and new opinions with his desire to submit and get along. On the subject of the fight, Biroki knows, deeply, that he is in the right, and he is afraid of where this certainty will lead him.

Internal trait: Brave: Biroki's key strength- and possibly his weakness- is that time when he is afraid he will stand up for what he needs to. Biroki may stammer and his knees may knock and he may want to cry, but he will at least try to stand strong.
Internal image/concept: A silvery lake

Color
#b22404

[color=#b22404] [/color]

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:18 pm
User Image

User Image
Story

Biroki was a child with two mothers. His biologial donor-father, Nuksvik, was the best friend and confidant of his birth mother, Jkhom. They were both spearmen, and often went on hunts together, bringing home a great supply of meat to Ast. They were free-spirited and somewhat silly.

His other mother, Sen'oda, was a ranger of the shifter tribe. She was a lot more reserved, and had had misgivings about sharing Jkhom even for a little bit and for the sake of a child. She would frequently complain to her brother, Reshel and occasionally fight about it with her wife. When Biroki was born, though, she seemed to calm down and accept him as hers. Things weren't so much idyllic as just plain nice for a time. Nuksvik made himself a huge part of the child's life (to Sen'oda's annoyance) but did not claim the boy as his son, as was appropriate.

When Biroki was still a babe, just barely beginning to talk, tragedy struck- a hunting accident claimed the lives of both Nuksvik and Jkhom. Biroki, of course, understood very little and was relatively unaffected. Sen'oda, however, was struck very hard by the tragedy. She tried to keep going for a while, taking care of Biroki, but one day she went to her brother's hut and left Biroki with Reshel before wandering off for parts unknown. It was almost as if she had disappeared into the jungle.

It may have been a rocky beginning, but Reshel tried his best to take care of his nephew and to give Biroki a normal life. Once Reshel discovered Biroki's latent and barely controllable pyrokinetic ability, he started training Biroki's magical talent, hoping that the boy would gain enough control to not burn down the forest.

His life was not without a few dark moments: There was a time, far back in his childhood, when an exiled wind tribe murderer happened upon him. She tried to murder him after stealing his heirloom- his mother's bag- the only reminder he had of Jkhom. It turned out that his pyrokinetic ability was just the surface of a well of intense magic that, in his most terrified moments, he lashed out with.

Fire exploded out of him and caused the tree she had tried to trap him in to burn to the ground. His own inferno and the smoke from it would have killed him had Reshel not rescued him. In a decision he sometimes questions, Reshel washed away the memories of that event.

Aside from that and a few other minor blips and events, Biroki grew up a normal boy; climbing in the trees, helping collect things for his uncle, practicing his magic, playing with words, and, eventually, thinking about girls.

His affections were rarely reciprocated- a stammering, shy boy wasn't exactly the best catch around- and tended to not go much further than a few poems and nervous conversations, nor did he manage to settle down on any one girl in particular: though far from promiscuous – he never managed to even get as close as affectionate physical contact with most of them – he just found them all attractive and interesting, and none of them really wanted to be involved.

Zuri, the ice tribe halfbreed with a will as wild as the jungle, became his first and only steady girl. When she kissed him at their first meeting, he began thinking about her constantly. Even after meeting quite a few lovely and beautiful ladies (Briella, Dyakida, Aminah) she still remained in his thoughts. Even as his mother, Sen'oda, was returned to the tribe in a state of grave and terrible injury after years of absence from the life of her brother and her son. Even as he tended this mother he had never known. He still though tabout Zuri.

He just wasn't sure he loved her until he confessed one night at his favorite lake.

Unfortunately, as luck would have it, after that one night where NOTHING HAPPENED HE SWEARS they became too busy to really spend time with each other- Zuri with her shifter family, and he with helping Reshel with preparations for the inevitable injuries of the upcoming hunting season.

They faced trials, the two of them. She, a grave threat to her pet Roati. He, a magical conflagration and a vengeful spirit that destroyed the home he shared with his uncle and nearly harmed his mother while she still lay unconcious.

And then, as if that wasn't enough, his uncle then cornered them both and gave them THE TALK.

Later, though, Biroki felt his feelings for her grow to such a point that he even built her a house (with some grudging help) and proposed. By the time of the tournament, he was both dealing with married life and his own frustrating and firey magic, which was starting to affect his mood and attitudes. At the end of the tournament, he had to worry about his own weakness, a coming war, and the arrival of his children, the twin girls Ikkio and Ikuri, named after their parents.

The girls were a handful, and Biroki was soon swamped with childcare duties. He and Zuri shared what they could, but it was still a lot of work raising two rambunctious children, especially two so different from each other.

He had promised himself that he would not play favorites, but he found himself preferring the company of his daughter Ikuri over her sister Ikkio. Ikuri was kind and gentle and wanted to be a sorcerer like him, and their personalities meshed well.

Ikkio... He found it hard to put his finger on why his other daughter unnerved him. Sometimes he thought it was her eyes – they were a cool, predatory yellow. But he felt such thoughts were silly – it was only her ice tribe blood.

Aside from her tendency to lie, he still hadn't figured out what made him so wary of his own daughter when the war came around. He and Zuri talked about it for some time – both wanted to go and fight for their tribe and nation, but in the end, he agreed to stay home with his children.

But when Sen'oda woke up from her long sleep and his uncle, dedicating himself to his sister's care, decided not to join the army at the front lines, Biroki knew he was needed. Ikuri wanted to help, and Biroki didn't want to leave Ikkio alone, so he brought the two of them to the camp, where he hoped to use what his uncle Reshel had taught him and save what lives he could.

In the chaos of the fight and the busy healer's tent, he lost track of his girls and was confronted by Zuri for his negligence. Despite asserting that 'everything was fine' and that the girls could clearly 'take care of themselves', he knew that he had stepped in it.

Zuri returned to Jahuar before him and, after several incidents with a Spirotog that indicated that he was maybe too stressed, he returned home as well. Things seemed to return to normal as they managed their maturing children and did their own thing.

Things were not normal. During a practice duel between him and Zuri, things got heated and both were injured. In the rush of adrenaline, Zuri told him that she was leaving for Zena with the girls. In theory, and probably in practice, it was to introduce them to their ice tribe heritage and their family in the cold land, but Biroki felt threatened by it. He felt as though she was leaving him, and taking his children away with her.

But there was nothing he could do, and he soon found himself terribly alone in the house he had built for him, his wife, and his family, hoping that she would return.

After some adventures and events, he grew tired of this and headed back to Neued, following the rumors of a new battle brewing...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm
User Image

User Image

:

Positive

Briella: Briella is a member of the Alkidike tribe who cornered Biroki one day until he shifted color, just so she could see what a male was like. Later, she was a part of the Tea Party he held in Jahuar. They are friends and have had a few practice duels together.
I hope she comes back. I'm interested to hear her stories of war. I haven't seen her around, though...

Yaholo: A half leaf-Half Alkidike Guard that Biroki met one day randomly in Jahuar. They have similar personalities and so became friends. Later, at the tournament, Yaholo was badly injured, but would not let Biroki do anything.
Yaholo is my friend and I hope to have a rematch against him someday... A friendly one.

Rayolun: Rayolun is a shifter that Biroki met in the deep jungles while out foraging. He was a hunter, and they were discussing chamouflage, and had a very nice conversation.
I remember something about magic flowers... hmmm...]

Ikuri: Ikuri is Biroki's daughter, a ¾ shifter. She wants to be a mage when she grows up, and their personalities are very alike. She is his favorite, and he feels guilty about this...
Little Ikuri wants to be like her d-daddy... I'm so proud and flattered, but I'm scared... being a mage is very dangerous, after all, but when she asks me to t-teach her magic with those adorable, grey eyes of hers... how can I resist?

Neutral

Zuri: Zuri is a young halfbreed that walked into Jahuar one day and ended up owning half of Biroki's soul. She is the mother of his children and he is very much in love with her. She intends to be a rider someday and has a Roati named Belle.
He... does wish she would stop treating him like a child, though. Also, lately, things between them have been strained, as they've been fighting.
Zuri is as beautiful as the blue flowers that blossom by the stream, blushing into a glow at a Nondwa's touch. She is as fierce as a radaku and as powerful as a monsoon.

Her anger is terrifying, but I'm right. I know I'm right. I must be right... but should I give in anyway?

Dyakida: Dyakida is a blind Alkidike that Biroki met on his explorations and later again at the Tea Party. He also dropped by her stall at the Tournament and tested out her staffs... to explosive effect.
She no longer scares me. There are other things to fear, now.

Aminah: Aminah is, like him, a Sage. They've practiced in duels together with Zuri and Briella. Lately though, he hasn't seen her around...
I wonder how she's doing...?

Sathe: Sathe is Aminah's little sister, who Biroki met briefly at the tournament.

Ilyra: Briella's daughter. Ilyra is an Albino, but Biroki is afraid to ask her about it. He met her properly at the Tournament.

Tahigwa: A young Alkidike that Biroki briefly met at the Tournament. She's Yaholo's sister, but thats really all he knows...
...]

Ikkio: Biroki's other daughter. He prefers her twin, and feels guilty about it, but theres just something about Ikkio that bothers him. What bothers him more is that he doesn't know what it is. She scares him, and he keeps a close eye on her.
Ikkio... I don't know what she wants to be. She seems sweet enough but she... she l-lies. She lies a lot. She really does worry me...

Rastian: Rastian is a Ice/Leaf hybrid who Biroki met randomly on the path to Ast, and later faced him in the tournament. Biroki is sort of happy he backed down...
I'm glad he forfeited! I didn't want to hurt him... Seemed a d-decent fellow

Oulixes: One of the people Biroki faced in the tournament. He got beaten up pretty bad. Hasn't seen him since.
Ow... I wonder how he's doing...

Negative

Sihenqui: Sihen is a Shifter from a family of builders that Biroki used to be friends with when they were very young. They have since grown apart.
He's a horrible person. I can't believe him, calling Zuri a halfbreed.
Well. He hasn't caused us any trouble.

Bhima: Bhima is a young Alkidike that Biroki met while gathering roots. They hit on an uneasy truce/conversation that almost went bad. Both walked away from the confrontation. Recently, with the benefit of age and maturity, he had a reasonable conversation with her after the battle, where he learned that she was looking for a lost love, someone he might well know. He even brought her home to Ast, but that doesn't mean he trusted her any more...
I hope she finds Hijil...

Connections and Family

Reshel, Mentor: Reshel is Biroki's uncle, mentor, and guardian. He is a big, all-around nice man. It sort of comes with healer territory.
He is amiable to everybody, even halfbreeds, and this attitude has rubbed off on Biroki.
Reshel's taken care of me forever. He's trained me, fed me, and told me how to live. I owe him everything, but I dont' think he'll collect...
I want to be as powerful and brave and great as he is. That is how I've always wanted to be, after all.

Se'noda, Mother: Sen'oda is his mother's wife and Reshel's sister, who left her son with her brother many years ago and went off alone into the jungle. Two alkidikes (Dyakida and Briella) found her and brought her back to the tribe, where Reshel and Biroki have been tending her. Finally awoken, she is distant and gruff to her son, favoring his daughter Ikuri.
I don't know what I was expecting. Warmth? Love? I wonder if I will get any of tha from my mother...

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm
User Image

User Image

Home
Biroki and Zuri live in a tree hut on the edge of the settlement of Ast. He likes to say he built it himself, but he did have help.
It's roomy enough for a family, and has plenty of space for animals to roam nearby. It is also far away enough from other Shifters to allow some degree of privacy, while still being close enough to not be isolated.

Inventory

Biroki always carries his magic staff with him, though he frequently casts with his hands alone as his magic is so internalized.

Small bag: Something to hold small trinkets, items, gifts, and various other things he might need to carry or be called upon to fetch. He often has drinking glasses and a kettle available, as well as tea leaves..

Magic and Abilities
Biroki's main magic has to do with the combustive forces of fire and lighting. He can cause heat and fires with his mind, and can conjure sparks or lighting. He likes to play with this a bit and change the colors around, but his magic is usually a deep molten red.

He has learned how to use it for healing, but if he attempts high level healing spells, He is worried that the lightning and fire magic might 'leak' into the spell and harm his patient. So, usually he only uses magic as a supplement to actual healing remedies, which he actually knows quite a bit about, having assisted Reshel on many occasions.

He is also well versed in cooking and tea-brewing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 pm
User Image

User Image

In Progress

Abandoned
X - Reflective Refraction; Biroki and Laini
X - No I DO NOT like the heat; Biroki and Rastian
X - Poetry of the Dreamer; Biroki (2/15 poems done)
X - An errand on my way; Biroki and Rajinder
X - BATTLE: Zuri and Biroki vs Aminah and Briella - Jahuar
X - To Show Gratitude ; Biroki and Antiope
X -Caution: Volatile if Handled! ;Ruelash, Uquin, Biroki
X - Houseguests ; Biroki and Viveka

Complete

X - Fish and Bag - 2580 words, solo
XX - Shaded Boughs Hold our Stories (PAST); Biroki and Hijil, response is 209 words
X - Biroki's Secret Love - 1042 Words, Solo
X X- Homesick; Biroki and Zuri
X X - You dont Sear Roots; Biroki and Briella
X X - The Song of Trees, Grass, and Fire; Biroki and Dyakida
XX - An Old Story; Zuri and Ruelash- Biroki is a cameo and does not get actual credit
XX- And then they Had a Tea Party; Biroki, Dyakida, Briella, Aminah* (Response is 460 words)
1 2 3 4 5 Sprouting Thoughts- 3425 words total, 5 parts
XX - Clean Thoughts; Biroki and Zuri - Response is 574 words
XX - Class Quest; Biroki and NPCs- Response is 328 words
XX - You Needed Help? ; Biroki, Zuri, Reshel (Response is 173 words)
XX - Well I'm Stumped; Yaholo and Biroki, Response is 339 words
X An Inspiration in a Tree -597 words
X The Trials of Building - 1657 words
X A Home from which a Thousand Stories can be told - 337 words
XX - Under the Canopy; Biroki and Rayolun, Response is 365 words
XX - Not Like Me; Biroki and Bhima - Response is 216 words
XX - Blindfolded; Biroki and Zuri, Response is 188 words
X - BATTLE: Zuri vs Biroki- Jahuar ; Biroki and Zuri (Loss)
X - BATTLE: Biroki vs Yaholo - Jahuar; Biroki and Yaholo (Loss)
X - BATTLE: Biroki vs Zuri - Jahuar (Loss)
X - Frustration and Fire - Solo, 1260 words
XX - Meta Ch 4: Tournament Stands (11 Posts) - Response is 283 words
X - META BATTLE ch 4 TOURNAMENT: Round 1: Biroki vs Rastian (WON)
X - META BATTLE ch 4 TOURNAMENT: Round 2: Biroki vs Oulixes (LOSS)
XX - Birokidsness ; Biroki and Zuri, Response is 444 words
X BEAST BATTLE: Biroki vs Wadana - Dangerous Ground - Lost
X BEAST BATTLE: Biroki vs Maglardilla x2 - Providing as best he can - Won x1 Lost x2
X - Forever a Wimp - Solo - 1020 words
X - Happy Family - Solo - 1438 words
X - Training - Solo - 696 words
XX - Class Quest, Biroki and NPCs (Response is 666 words)
XX - Red of Tooth and Claw; Ikkio and Ruelash (Biroki Cameo), Response is 488 words
X - Liar Child - Solo - 1003 words
X - Light Child - Solo - 1010 Words
XX - Sorcery and Poetry ; Biroki, Ikuri, Response is 197 words
X - Meta Ch. 5: Invasion, Camp
X - Meta Ch. 5: Invasion, Preparing for the worst (Worth 2 rp points total)
XX - Meta Ch. 5: Invasion Response (345 words, 245 words)
XX - The Right Time is Now ; Biroki, Bhima (Response is 219 words)
XX - A private battle: Mage and Mother; Biroki, Ikkio, Ikuri, Zuri
X - Woman of Ice - Solo - 1198 words
X BEAST BATTLE: Kipepwa x 3, win x 1 - Yeah. Peace.
X BEAST BATTLE: Maglardilla x 1 (loss) - Got away
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog x 3 (Win x 1) - Go Away!
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (win x 1) - Please Go away!
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 0) - Why won't it go away?!
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 0) - Maybe Don't Go Away?
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 0) - Maybe Do Go Away.
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Lose x 1) - Patheticisms
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 0) - How are they Creepy?!
X - Spitorog Stress - 510 words
X BATTLE: Biroki vs Zuri (WON)
X - After the Fight - 1468 words
XX - Helping the Healing Sage ; Biroki, Sawenah
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Loss x 1) - Pretty sure it IS posessed
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 0) - Why?! Why do you haunt me?
X BEAST BATTLE: Spitorog (Win x 1, Tame x 1) - Binding
X - The Binding of Nem'Ker - Solo - 722 words
X - BATTLE: Biroki vs Uquin (Won) - Tale
XX - Heat and Hope ; Biroki and Makani
XX BEAST BATTLE: Raptrix (Win 2) - Retreat - Biroki and Kaalnia (Counts for Battle)
X - The Retreat from Neued - Solo - 655 words
XX Meta ch. 6 The Final Battle, Tale Camp
X Meta ch 6: The Final Battle, The Battle
X Meta ch 6: The Final Battle, Response, Loss (393 words)
X BATTLE: Biroki vs Sauron (Won) - Tale
XXX - BEAST BATTLE: Neat Whiskers (Sauron and Biroki)(Counts for RP)
X Meta ch 7: Rising Storm
X X Meta Ch 7: The Time has Come (Counts for Battle)
X - Thunder Coil: Biroki and Aylin
X Meta Tournament Round 1: Biroki vs Shalvesta (Won)
X Meta Tournament Round 2: Biroki vs Saraf (Won)
X Meta Tournament Round 3: Biroki vs Lasarra (Won)
X Meta Tournament Round 4: Biroki vs Xilarn (Lost)
X META Tournament: The Stands
X - Emergence of Lightning - Class Solo - 1950 words
X Meta: Jauhar's Festival of Lights - Prayers to Serin

Growth Progress

Stage 3 - Stage 4

RP Growth Reqs
0/80
EXP Growth Points
0/20
Legendary Quest Needed

Edits:  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:46 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm
~~~~~  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 am
Biroki's Secret Love - 1042 words

Biroki peeked out from behind a tall, thick tree. The figure in the lake stretched gracefully in the cool water. He felt a flush grow on his face as the reflections of the various lights of the night danced on her body.
She was gorgeous. He saw her often in the lake, bathing, and he was not ashamed to say that he often stopped and stared, hiding shyly in the brush until she left.
He didn't know her name, and she wasn't from his village. But she was a Shifter like him, with long hair, as silver as the moonlight she bathed by. He longed to call out to her, to let her know he was there.
But he maintained his secrecy and continued his silent observations.
Why?
Why indeed.
She likely didn't know he existed. Didn't care. He almost wanted to keep it that way. Keep her an abstract beauty to sigh over, like some elusive spirit of the lake.
At the same time, as he watched her splash into the water, painting herself a shimmering silver white with its sheen, he longed to make himself known. He longed to swim out into the lake and share that moment of beauty with her.
He closed his eyes a moment, savoring the view.
He desired her. There was nothing wrong with that— he was a healthy, growing, young Shifter Male.
But he was conflicted, desiring her as both art and reality. He turned away. He would have to bathe later— it tore him apart to watch her longer.
He started the trek back to his home, his path lit by the glowing fungi of his home and the snatches of silvery sunlight filtering through the canopy.

It was common for Biroki to think about the girl in the lake long after he had left. Sometimes days later.
Sometimes he would think of her while collecting herbs for his mothers, other times he would be practicing his firey magic. Sometimes, he would just be walking through the vibrant canopy villagehe called home and think about her walking beside him. Gathering beside him. Training beside him.
Most times, the thoughts would fade quietly away into nothing until he saw her again.
But this time, he resolved to do something about his longing thoughts.

He did need to bathe, so he soon found himself soon back at the lake. But this time, he brought resources other than what he would use to clean himself.
- Flowers for her, as a greeting and offering, for her to forgive him for his spying on her.
- Shiny stones, also for her. He figured it was a safe bet for courting anybody.
- Tinder, to show off his fire magic. He had only brought it because he had heard that a male like him was supposed to impress a female like her, and being able to make fire with one's mind was, he felt, impressive enough. It felt off, though, showing off his magic like that. He hoped to make an impression with his charming words, not his brilliant flames.
- And finally, a canteen full of an herbal tea that would soothe his agitated mind. Which he desperately needed, as he began quaking with nerves as the lake came into view.
Not seeing her, Biroki took the opportunity to bathe properly, thinking all the time about the meeting he was about to initiate. He watched for her on the shoreline, his anxiety

He bathed until the early sun stole the Moon's glory and shone down on the lake. His skin shifted to its daytime black as he gave up. He picked up the withered flowers and dusty stones in his water-wrinkled hands, and returned to his village.

As usual, he couldn't stop thinking about her. About the way she moved in the shimmering water, about the way his heart danced with the waves as he watched her.
And, of course, he wondered why she hadn't Materialized. Had she spotted him and decided against bathing? Had she gone to another lake? Or... and this was the option he felt was the most likely... had she simply not needed a bath that day?
That must have been the case. It was folly to bathe every day. A waste of time. Surely that was the case.

He would go back to the lake, he decided, whenever he could. He would bring fresh flowers, fresh tinder, and fresh tea. The stones, he decided, didn't need to be replaced.
He would go, yes, in the hopes of seeing her.

But, week after week, his hopes were dashed again and again. He never seemed to catch her there. He did not let himself become disheartened. Every time he went to bathe, he searched for new flowers. Every time he found the herbs for the relaxing tea, he picked them, stowing them away so he wouldn't have to ask the healer for them. His persistence paid off, one fine lucky night.

He had come to the lake later than he usually did, and to his great delight the girl was there. He took a deep swig of the tea, gathered the flowers in hand... and his breath caught as he saw her stretch in the water. The tea did nothing for him. His nerves were too great.
He put down the flowers, the tea, and the shiny rock... and simply watched again.

What he didn't know was that she, too, had watched him. All of those times that he had bathed in the lake and waited for her, she had been there, hidden, admiring him. Those days, she had brought calming tea, a small trophy of Radaku claws tied as an amulet (boys love trophies, or so she had heard), and shiny stones (because everybody loved shiny stones). She had intended to give them to him but always, always she had lost her nerve.

She didn't know his name. She didn't know where his village was. And she was certain, so certain, that he would never notice her.
She couldn't stop thinking about Biroki, couldn't stop wishing that she could get up the nerve to swim out and speak with him.

But no.
The lake stood between its two reflections, and kept their secrets.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am
Fish and Bag - 2580 words

There was nothing for it. It was her only way out. Either she would fall on her own will, or be pushed. The exiled Wind Tribe girl, bordering on lady, brushed her sweat-soaked hair out of her face and looked down from the tree with a gulp.
Biroki rushed after her. She had stolen his bag! She was a strange color: tan with blonde hair. Earthlings were supposed to be shifter-skinned and have pointed ears, not... what she had! She was like one of the people from his colorless nightmares! The youngling blanched.
What if... what if she was a demon from that dull dream world?
Didn't matter! He needed his bag! It was HIS bag! Mommy had made it for him, and it was all he had left of her, so demon or no he was going to take it back!
"Hey!" he shouted, skipping from branch to branch with the sort of ease that only comes to a young child who has been running in the trees for his entire life, "Give it back!"
The wind tribe girl looked back. She wasn't afraid of the little black-colored youngling. She had killed once before, and could again, even if it was a child that was coming after her. She was more concerned about being pushed off the frighteningly tall tree and hitting the ground, a feat which the small child could easily do. By accident. It would not be good for her at all. She didn't want to die.
She swallowed and tested her balance.
"Give it back!" he shouted, making the final leap to her branch.
Fate decided, Senru the murderer jumped from the branch, taking the fall on stiffened limbs. The tree wasn't actually as tall as she had thought. She cursed her fear of heights, winced in pain, and kept running.
Exiled from Sauti for murder, she had been running ever since. No reason to stop now.
As she ran, she fumbled briefly in the bag taking a look at her spoils. There was food and healing items. Exactly what she needed. She assumed the starchy root was food, otherwise she doubted the boy would be carrying it. She had no idea what food she could find in this infernal jungle otherwise.
She kept running until she reached a clearing with a conveniently hollowed out tree. Excellent! this was more like it! A hideout!
She darted inside and hid in the shadows.
It had once been the home tree of a gang of Alkidikes. It had once been alive with the vibrance and passion of the woman warriors, as well as with their pride.
But they had passed on, and their tree had long been abandoned, and the jungle was starting to move back in to the spaces they had left. Vines wrapped around it's trunk and coiled inside, crushing the wooden stools and tables with it's powerful growth.
The stools and table had seen many a victory feast, many an argument, even passionate embraces. The stories they could tell to those who knew how to listen.
But soon the jungle would take those stories back.
Senru didn't care about history. She didn't care about much besides herself. After all, nobody else cared about her. Maybe her father had, once, but when he tried to show her what he had once done to her mother, she had killed him. She didn't even know why she had done it. The killing had felt good though, so good... and so bad at the same time. She had liked the novelty of being both right and wrong at the same time. Nobody in her wind tribe band had understood when she tried to tell them how she felt, so she had killed one or two, to show them. They still hadn't understood her feelings.
They had instead shoved her out onto the endless blank plains outside of Sauti and hoped she would die.
She hadn't died. She had found the end of those plains, the savannah of Tale. She had found the jungle of Jahuar, and she had survived. And she would keep surviving.
She didn't think that the child himself was a threat. But if he ran back to tell adults about her, then she could have a problem. She had to deal with him.
Killing him would be easy. Hiding him would be easy. This jungle was probably full of dangerous creatures and she figured that he was far from home. If he turned up dead, his tribe would think some bizzare jungle monster had eaten him. They wouldn't look for her.
And, okay, tall trees aside, she liked it here. And this hollow tree-thing was roomy and comfortable. She looked around her and decided that she would try to stop running for once and settle down far from her roots.
Biroki looked down cautiously at the clearing. She had run fast on Jahuar's loamy ground, but he had managed to keep her pale hair in sight as he followed her from the trees. He panted slightly with the exertion. His hands and legs were starting to hurt. He had never had to run that fast in the trees before. He was sure she had run into the tree, but was unsure of whether to follow her. Reshu had said it was an old Alkidike tree when they had first found the clearing while gathering herbs. Biroki thought it was both fascinating and spooky.

"Hey kid..." she said, sweetening her voice with that sugar coating adults use when they entice children, "You want it back that badly?"

"Y...Yes! Yes I do!" he called down, trying to catch his breath. He was upset now, "My m..mommy made it! I want it back!"
Senru felt a rush of giddy exhileration where terror had once been.
"Is that so?" How cute. He wanted a bag his mommy had given him. How sickeningly cute. She placed the bag just inside the tree visible from the entrance. "Well, sweetie, why don't you come and get it?"
She hid in the shadows just beyond the doorway, smirking maliciously.
Biroki couldn't believe his ears.
"Really? I can just get it?"
After she had run from him for that long?
"Mmmhmmm! Come on!" she replied, voice still saccharine.
"Oh okay! Thank you ms. Thief!" he said. She was a grown up, and grown ups didn't lie! Maybe she was testing him, like what happened to Reshel! Reshel was so amazing! He was a healer and could use magic, and even looked after him almost as well as his parents had! One day he was gone for a really long while. When he came back, he said he had succeeded in his trials and was now a Monk! Biroki wanted to be powerful and kind like him someday! Well, maybe not a healer. The youngling didn't like blood and wasn't very good with people. But Reshel had said he could be a mage because he started fires and made sparks, so Biroki figured that that was good too.
He jumped down from the tree and fell to the ground, nimbly controlling his fall. Humming to himself, he skipped to the doorway.
"Am I a p...p...prentice now Ms thief?" he asked, stammering slightly. The stammer was something he had carried around as long as he had carried his mother's handmade bag. It was sometimes annoying.
He poked his head inside, more curious than cautious. He didn't know if prentices, the teenagers of the tribe, had to go through a trial to get big, but it would be so neat if they did!
Senru only smirked wider. Too easy.
As he bent down to pick up his bag, lovingly cuddling it close, she sprang into action. She had an amulet, a precious heirloom her father had given her once upon a time. It was metal and in the shape of a stylized fish in profile. It was round with a forked tail. Its scales inscribed into the metal. It's eye was a tiny piece of colored rock. She considered it to be a good luck charm... she had survived the trying Tale Grasslands in once piece.
It was now in her hands, being dug into the youngling's neck. She pulled it tight, bracing him against her body. He struggled to breathe, clawing at her hands, the leather thong, the fish... anything.
He felt a pressure in his head that grew into a numbing, pounding, terrified feeling, a scream that he just couldn't get out. He couldn't breathe! the world was going dark!
Acting on pure adrenaline, Biroki did the only thing he could. He reached for his magic.
He knew he was magic. He could make little fires appear around him sometimes. It was scary, because fire burnt wood and he didn't want to burn anything down. Not when he lived in the canopies of trees- burning down his home and village would be incredibly bad. So he had to be careful, but Reshel was helping him with that.
This time though, he just wanted to breathe again. With his last shred of desperate conciousness, he reached down deep into himself, where he knew his magic resided. He grabbed it and, in his panic, threw it, all of it, at his attacker. He didn't know what it would do, just that it would be something. He hoped.
The force knocked the amulet out of her hands and slammed her into a wall, leaving Biroki to collapse the floor coughing and gasping as the fire suddenly blazed into being, consuming his attacker with a scream that was not wholly hers, but the fire's itself. It moved up the walls and up, up up into the rest of the old tree. The last thing Biroki saw before he passed out was a room of fire... and a shiny metal fish, it's eye glowing red as the conflagration tore down the house and purified it's memories.

Biroki woke up in what he recognized as Reshel's home. He was white now... and that meant night had fallen. He only remembered it being morning, and playing under a pretty tree he had found a few days ago. He loved that tree, it had leaves in 5 different colors! He had counted! He loved color. He giggled a little at the thought of the color-tree. Then frowned. But... what happened afterwards? He tried to remember, but it was as if there was a big black hole in his thoughts, like when he had looked up at the moon during an eclipse. It scared him a little to not remember anything. He tried to move to get up, but his body felt limp and floppy, like the noodles his Mom used to make out of the starchy roots she found on the forest floor. He did manage to sit up a bit and look around. No matter how hard he looked, he couldn't find his bag. Despite how hard it was to move, adrenaline hit his system again and he stumbled to his feet, rummaging through Reshel's things. His bag... the bag his mother made for him...
It was gone! It was gone!
He gave in to his exhaustion and collapsed, crying.

The bag had been caught in the flames. When the young monk had run into the massive burning tree to save his young friend, he hadn't bothered to grab the bag. He could have cast a water spell to stop the flames before rushing in there instead of casting it after. Some people would have told him that that was the smartest course of action. He had decided to quench the flames after he had rescued Biroki, casting a spell that put out the fire before it could reach other trees. He couldn't have cast it before, not without putting his young friend in jeopardy. His spells took far too long to cast. By the time he would have put out the fire, Biroki would have died in his own inferno. As he watched the remains of the tree smolder into fresh ashes, Reshel held the boy tightly to his chest, cradling his delicate body. Gently, he kissed Biroki's forehead and stroked his bruised neck. And, with a sad look at the fire, carried him home.
He examined Biroki for serious wounds back in the village. The boy would be fine, no bad burns or wounds... just some bruising that would pass. But the healer-now-monk frowned as he looked upon the boy he had been taking care of for a few years now.
His young charge, his nephew by soul, was wounded in the mind. How could he not be, after an event like that? He had been picking herbs a few fields away when he heard Biroki cry out about a thief. He had tracked his friend's running to the clearing with the tree, but by the time he had gotten there, it was in flames, his friend visible inside, outlined in fire red against the black shadows. He had known about Biroki's fire powers for some time, and knew that they were affected by the boy's mood. The fact that Biroki was unconcious meant that he had used a lot of his magical energy to make that fire, something he wasn't ready to do yet. The power involved and the size made Reshel think that his friend must have been fighting something, and that the fight had been life or death. That sort of thing leaves a mark, the sort of nightmare-fueling mark that Reshel wanted to erase from his friend's mind. The boy had enough strange dreams as it was. He could do it, too. His magic was healing magic, and delicate. He could wash away Biroki's memories of that event, if he focused enough. He could enter Biroki's mind with his magic and take away the pain and terror.
But... would it be right? He couldn't shake the feeling that it was worth a try, no matter what.
Biroki was far too young to have nightmares about death and destruction.
He placed his cool fingers on his friends temples, and, with a whispered plea for forgiveness, he slid magic into Biroki's young dreaming mind.

He had washed away the memories of the events. Anywhere he could sense a troublesome memory, he had let his magic flow over it like water over stones, carrying the memory out and away. He could only get rid of the memories of that day, but that was plenty. From aggravation, to innocence, to terror and desperation... he washed it all away. He was afraid to scrub at the memories harder with his magic for fear of damaging Biroki, even though he knew that a trace or two would remain. He drew his magic out, hoping that those traces wouldn't be enough to hurt him.
He was only doing what was right for the boy, but it was still questionable. He dared not go too far. He wondered if he hadn't gone too far already, erasing memories.
He drew himself back, feeling filthy and horrible for what he had done, for the intrusion he had made. The mind was a private place and, though he hadn't seen the boy's memories, he had altered it. But... but he had had to. For the boy's sake. For his sister's sake, Biroki's Soul mother.
He looked at his apprentice, sleeping, peacefully unaware at Reshel's actions.
Then he left to take a walk and contemplate what he had done.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:48 am
Home Sick Biroki and Zuri

T-today I met a beautiful woman! She moved into the village a little while ago. Sh-shes half Ice half Shifter! She has lovely, white h-hair and sky b-blue skin and she's gorgeous... She's like the sky on a clear day...
She t-told me all about her homeland and her f-family and... ... ... And...
Shekissedmeshekissedmeohmygoshshekissedme!
I can't believe... I cant... Ohmygoshohmygosh!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm
You Don't Sear Roots Biroki and Briella

I met an Alkidike today.
I thought she was going to kill me, but she didn't. She was just curious.
We asked each other lots of questions... and then she l-let me go.
I was... sorta surprised. And a bit relieved. I wouldn't mind seeing her again, though. She wasn't bad.

She t-told me about a tree called Aisha, who is apparently the mother of all Alkidikes... She said it... Sh-she, sorry! was an enormous, beautiful blue tree, and that it bloomed red flowers which were baby Alkidikes.

I thought it was beautiful. Th-they are warrior women who protect their mother and, in return, she protects them and g-gives them children.
Briella thinks shes a good mother...
If... if so... I kind of want to meet her. I want to see this tree f-for myself.
I... I bet it will be hard, but... but... I want to!
Even if...
Oh, uh...
Even if I get H-hurt or k-k-killed for it...
If the tree is as b-beautiful as Briella s-said...

It would be worth it.

a-anyway.
Briella wanted me to teach her M-Mandala, I bet she won't like it, but I'm bringing my board and pieces with me anyway.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:31 pm
Poetry of the Dreamer Pt 1
2/15 poems, INCOMPLETE

Light Bugs

Little lovers of the sun,
Insects Orange, Yellow, and Red.
Flying where the rapid waters run,
You shine in its stead.

As the sun sets away
And nights cloak steals the light of day
You hurry out to beat back the dark
From your love, your only true.

And when the sun returns
to grace the world with dawn
you slink away,
Your tired wings drawn

To glimmer so long
and never see
The one you love and shine for...

Little sun-lovers,
your tale is tragic
for though you fight for her all night,
It is not you the sun favors.

Sunset Flame

Each day
the sun's fire flows over all things.
It unites everything in it's blaze
a single mass of shining gold and red.
It calls to the fire within all hearts
and they sing with it's joy.
For a moment at sunset
All are one in their farewell
United by their anticipation
of the day that is to come
Even as the darkness
eats away at the fire
and it smoulders
and turns to shimmering ember lights
Silver and blue in the sky
The moon traces the pattern
A promise
The cool darkness of night will end once more,
and the sun's kiss will once again
bathe the world in fire

[color=#b4d3d7] [/color]
[spoiler][color=#b22404]

[/color]
[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 am
The Song of Trees, Grass, and Fire - Biroki and Dyakida

I met another Alkidike today, and I didn't die.
This one's name was Dyakida, and I think she was blind. Yes she was.
I'm just glad I'm not dead.
Anyway, though, I got to see the Tale for the first time.. its so... flat. and huge... I can't believe that Zuri ever travelled along it.
I don't remember picking it up, but I have an egg of some sort. I suppose I should cook it at some point...? Or not...? I don't know.
I have to write something down... Seeing the sun start to set over the Tale inspired me and... I don't want to forget it!

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 pm
Sprouting Thoughts pt 1 – 776 words

A light rain pattered down on Jahuar, beating a song against the leaves and trees and crystals as it flowed down into the soft earth far below. The cries of insects and birds turned the beckoning patter of the rain into a symphony beyond the orderly organization of notes. It was a wild song, full of color and magic, life and death. It was Jahuar in its purest form.
Biroki lay on a broad branch, listening, eyes closed. He was satiated, not a common occurrence for him. Normally, he was happy to eat little and that was usually roots or tubers, berries if he could get them. But this afternoon he had awoken to find a haunch of cooked meat and vegetables waiting for him by the embers of the dying fire.
Neither he nor his mentor ate much meat. They were too empathic and compassionate to hunt for their own meat- not unexpected of a healer and his apprentice- and mostly traded their services for roots, fish, and insects, and occasionally crafts. Reshel must have bartered for the meat and cooked it for Biroki.
It was, after all, Biroki's birthday.
The day he was born.
He would have preferred to think of the meal as a reward for his hard work instead of just the birthday obligations of a hard-working mentor, not that he hadn't eaten the whole thing anyway. There was work to be done, and he hadn't intended to be lazy today, lying on a bough in the canopy. He had simply forgotten how sluggish meat made him feel. Birthday or no, there were still herbs to be found, and it was necessary to find them. Reshel had told him that it would be injury season soon, and Biroki knew that they would need more supplies to deal with it.
Biroki didn't want to think about what else that meant. It was the season when the game would move, and hunting parties would come into conflict with the Alkidikes. A skirmish here or there - nothing like the wars that echoed on in the stories he had heard as a youngling. Warriors and hunters would come back with many injuries,-- most minor, but some serious-- and it was Reshel's job to patch them up.
It was Biroki's job to help him and keep him supplied. He could rest for now, though, and digest. At least until after the rain stopped.

He thought about Alkidikes as thunder sounded around him... They were scary. He had met a few now, Dyakida and Briella. They hadn't killed him, but he had still been afraid... Even when they had been friendly. Even when he had been playing Mancala with them.
That fear was still there.
He had met other people too! A Leaf girl with shifter hair and...
Zuri.
There was Zuri. Zuri was... special. He couldn't believe her, the way she moved, and thought. She was so... So... forward. Brave.
She had travelled far... he could never have done what she did. Across the Tale? Over mountains?
He didn't see how she could have done that. It was incredible to him.
He had been paralyzed with awe at the very edge of Jahuar, looking at an amazing sunset over the vast plains of the Tale. In his homeland alone, there were such wonders. Such danger. At the edge of his homeland was even more wonder than could be found within it.
How could anybody survive travelling when the world was so beautiful? How could anybody survive when every step brought something new? He would be old and dead before he reached Zuri's far off homeland of Zena.

The animal noises built into a crescendo. A chirp of a Nondwa nearby, the slither of a serpentine insect, the dying scream of an animal, another animal's victorious howl, a chatter of angry birds protecting their nest from rivals... These were Jahuar's instruments as the rain beat out its song of life. He stretched, feeling the soft rain on his arms. They were beyond the shelter of the bromilead above him, which was collecting its own personal store of rainwater. It sounded like a small drum above him, its tone wavering as the life that lived in its depths swam about.

The patter of rain started to die down, and finally quieted into a soft finish as the sun began to peek through the clouds once more, tickling Biroki's closed eyes, teasing them for remaining shut. He squinting through the leaves as the last of the tropical rainstorm flowed down the trunk into the understory. Well, that had been a nice rest, a nice birthday reverie. Back to work.

◈ Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff