Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP][FIN] Healing and Tenderness (Hakidonmuya and Heze) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 am
This is a private RP between Sya and Faid.
Please do not post unless requested to do so.
Thanks.

User ImageUser Image

Teepee's::
Syaoran-Puu || Faid Shadowlight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 am
Haki groaned a little and opened his eyes. Ouch, his side still ached and throbbed but at least his mind was clearer now. He looked around, realising that he was looking for the one constant he had had since coming here... Heze... and with that came another realisation, his heart was beating in anticipation at seeing her.

Heze was laying asleep not far away, givign enough room so she didn't risk bumping into him. She had not slept much while watching over him, but it had finally caught up with her and she had been sleeping for several hours at this point.

It didn't take Haki long to discover where it was Heze was... she was just off to his side, sleeping. For that reason he did his best not to make a noice, instead simply allowed himself to indulge in looking at her.

Heze sleep for a while longer, but maybe half an hour late there was a faint noise that had her lifting her head and yawning. Looking over to where Haki had been.... His absence waking her up fully as she looked around in a small panic, looking for signs of Kimi carrying him off.

Haki realised the moment Heze had woken up, she seemed to look up in panic, as if something was missing. He wasn't sure what it was she was looking for but hoped that he could at least help, it would be the least he could do to start to repay her. "Shhhh Heze," He said from behind her. He tried to move, to stand enough so that he could aid her, he made it half way up before collapsing again. With a groan and a curse in his own language at his incompetitance he looked down at the ground. "You look... what for?" He asked, huffing a little and desperate for something he could help her with....

Turning she looked at him, then over to where she had thought he was and then she blushed deepy realising she had moved in her sleep. Moving closer now she was on her hooves. "How are you feeling?" He had been out of it for a while so she knew it was a bit of a loaded question, but Carlisle had gradually become less worry, and she had to admit te healer had done a good job, no infection had set in which had meant that there was nothign to slow Haki's healing down... Unless he tried to get too active too soon.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 am
Haki smiled softly and nodded at Heze's question. "Good. I be good." Though his face fell into one of concern, who or what had Heze been looking for? After all, it was hard for Haki to believe it was him she had been looking for... yet, maybe, just maybe, a small part of him hoped it was. "Heze ok?" He asked softly, settling back down to the ground and risking to look at his wound. It seemed to be knitting back together slowly but surely, it looked far less angry and red as it had once done.

Heze settled back down near him now her panic was over. "Good... I'm glad... I was worried you had been taken away or wandered off." Blushing as she settles her head on her hooves for a moment, embarassed. "I must have moved in my sleep, I thought you were over there..." Nodding behind the way she was now facing. "Are you Hungry? Thirsty? Carlisle will have some more salve for your wound in the morning."

Haki saw the blush upon her features and felt a little tug at his heart. As he listened everything became clear, she had been worried he had left... or been taken? He smiled, a soft movement that most would probably have overlooked, but it was there all the same. "Ah." Was all he commented, even as his eyes looked back over to where Heze had been moments earlier. Slowly his gaze returned to her, Haki shook his head at her questions, even as he found himself wincing a little at the mention of the salve. He knew it was 'good' for him, but it still stung. "If you need," He started, "You get." He didn't want her struggling or pushing herself too hard because of him.

Tilting her head looking apologetic. "Now your doing better you can put the salve on yourself... I'm sorry we touched you... We couldn't let you die like that." Resting her head down on her hooves again, looking a little sad that she had done something that he wouldn't be happy about.

Haki appreciated what she was trying to do for her, and nodded softly to show his thanks. He didn't comment though, part of him didn't want to keep drawing attention to his touch issue... especially since he had observed more and more what touch was like within her herd and family. It was strange to watch. Stranger still to contemplate doing it also.

Sitting she just watched him quietly, not sure what else to say, thinking for a moment. "Is there anythign you want to know?" Having no idea if there was but he might have some questions if here remembered anything much of his time there.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 am
Haki lowered his head to his clawed feet, flexing them for a moment before relaxing. As Heze spoke he contemplated her question... he remembered her telling him about the moon being special, about touch being shared freely.... he had witnessed both of these; still something occured to him. "You... not all Angeni?" He tried to say the word of her race, but wasn't sure he pronounced it correctly. Back home everyone had been the same species, simply differently coloured with different hair styles or feather types... yet here, he had seen lots of different features. Single wings, four wings, horns, wings on rumps... lots of different traits and features that confused him a little.

Shaking her head she smiles. "No, not all angeni, and not all one family. There are many different stories as to how we all became one herd." Looking at him, having glanced around. "Who you are inside matters more here than What you are."

He looked at his claws at that, no one else here had them.... he felt... odd, and out of place. Lifting his head he flexed one of his claws and looked over at Heze, "Even..." he frowned, not knowing the word he wanted to use in her language. "with makucha?" (Claws)

"Makucha?" Looking at him, not really understanding, but she noticed he had been flexing his feet... feet?.... Hooves... no most of them had hooves... Claws??? "Even those with claws?" Nodding... "We have one simple rule for who can come and who cannot... Come in peace... or leave in peices." Not sure if he would understand all of that but he was smart when it came to language.

He screwed up his claw for a moment and resisted slamming it into the ground. He didn't want to scare Heze, nor did he want to injure himself again. "Claws?" He repeated. Was that the word? He would remember that. He looked up again as she nodded, the softness and kindness of her and her kin astonded him... yet as he heard her talk of their one rule he frowned. Piece? Pieces? It took him a moment to realise what kind of 'peace' she meant. "Friend welcome. Foe killed." He said, trying to see if he understood what she meant. It was a policy he could understand, one he was glad was in place to protect the delicate mare before her... and she wasn't the only delicate mare he had seen either. No, there had been lots around them. Some with four wings, some chatty, some quiet.... some of purple, green, black and even white! The herd certainly was full of variety and it made him want to get to know more of their stories and tales. To simply get to know more about the mare that sat opposite him.

Clearing his throat he wondered if he should try and change the subject, after all one of pain was not 'suitable' for a mare... right? So he said the one thing he had been wanting to say for a while, "Your family.... very kind. I wish to thank. You and them. For keeping my life." He meant 'saving' but hadn't had to use that word before.

Grinning she nodded again, not about to go into why not everyone was killed when they broke the rules, it was far to complex a thing with limited vocabulary. "Saving your life..." Blushing again as she corrects him, always feeling weird about doing so. But she also wanted to help him and who knew, maybe one day it would save his life if he got his speach right and was clearly understood. "You are welcome, we were glad to help, I am just happy my father found you before....." Not being able to finish that, kimi would have killed and posibly eaten him had her father not arrived.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 am
"Your father?" He quirked a brow at that, not having realised who exactly the purple stallion had been.. sure enough he had seen the resemblance, had even briefly wondered if that had been the case... but now, to have it told directly he couldn't help but wonder how weak he must have looked in front of the guy. And why did that make him wonderif it would severely ruin any chance he would ever get at impressing the guy. He blushed at his thoughts, and for a moment he couldn't look directly at Heze.

Tilting her head, biting her lip, not sure why he looked.... distressed... that her father had found him. Murmering softly. "You survived a skinwalker, thats no small feat.... Its rare to survive them if caught alone."

Haki let his thoughts float away into nothingness as he listened to Heze's words. He nodded softly, "Without you... and yours... I would be no more." He said, his tone serious yet thankful. He knew from the pain and time it was taking to recover that he had been lucky to survive... and it was her father he had mostly to thank for that? He couldn't remember much of that day. Just random thoughts and actions. Tears. Strange touch. Warm sensation flowing in his viens. It was all so surreal that sometimes he had to wonder if he had imagined half of it.

"What are you thinking about?" Watching him, finding she was hopeless at conversation, especially as she didn't know what she could talk about with him. She wanted to get to know him better but she had no idea how.

Her question surprised him a little, and he had to wonder if she had felt ignored. Shaking off the feeling he tried to answer truthfully, "That night.... I.... remember little." He said softly, smiling despite the pain the memories brought forth. "I will not..." He frowned, trying to figure out what he wanted to say and what word he needed. "...stay long." Was that right? He was trying to tell her that he wouldn't stay too long and waste their time and effort.

She couldn't help it, she hadn't enough experience to guard her expression well, so dispite her best efforts her face looked forlorn at the idea of him leaving. "oh..." What was there to say to that?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 am
The look on Heze's face took him back, and for the first time in his life he found himself reaching forward as if intending to touch someone outside of the 'acceptable', but he caught himself and dragged his clawed foot back towards him. The whole time cursing himself for being how he was. Still.. what was with that look? What was with that 'oh', what was he meant to do? He frowned and looked to the grass and dirt between them. There wasn't much, but at the same time there seemed to be too much. He didn't want to be a burden to her. "Mimi naogopa sijui la kusema na wewe." (I fear I do not know what to say to you.) He looked up then, tilting his head slightly to the side as he tried to smile, "Sorry?" He offered, wondering if he had somehow offended her. "Should I no leave?" Part of him wondered if it was tradition that those that entered could never leave....?

Looking up, she found she wanted to jump and and cry out NO! No don't leave, stay with me! But she couldn't do that. "You are free to go any time you wish, but I would prefer you wait till you are healed fully." She was starting to wonder what these feelings were, she was desperate to keep him with her but they were just friends right?

Haki listened and watched Heze, it felt almost as if she want to say something different to what actually escaped her lips, and that had him frowning in his attempt to try and figure it out. Still, all he said was, "Ok." How could he say more? She said he was 'free to go' but he didn't know what hidden meaning lingered behind those simple words.

Looking round before focusing on him again. "Are you tired?" Looking worried, her eyes running over his wound, trying to see the improvement. She hated to see him ripped open like this, he had been so strong and vital.

Haki shook his head, "Worry not." He said softly, before dropping his head to the ground. He wanted to say more, to ask more... but he wasn't sure what would be deemed approapriate, and what she would actually want to share with him! He frowned, why was this so hard? He sighed and looked up at her, his eyes shimmering with confusion, sadness, longing... "You sisters. Tell me them of?"

Shifting a little closer and resting her head down near his. Smiling as she thinks of her sisters, sighing. "I have 2 sisters, both are younger than me... Auva is the youngest, she helped heal you when you were brought here... Shes mostly black with white 'stars' on her coat with white and blue wings. She doesn't speak... or cant speak.... She's shy so you probably won't see her much but she is a very sweet." Her eyes rolling to look at him and be sure that he was understanding her.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 am
Haki listened to her, there was something in the description... he was sure he could remember her, has caught a glimpse through his strugglings. "I knows..... I think." He said softly, nodding. He rather liked how she spoke so highly of her sister, though he frowned a little at the mention that she didn't or couldn't speak... a world of silence... he couldn't imagine that.

Heze nodded, if he could kind of remember then that was a good thing. "I think my father thinks he is cursed, his sister cannot speak either, and now his daughter. I think he blames himself for her lack of voice.... I think he blames himself for many things...." Shaking her head, he hadn't asked about her father. "Zaniah, she is the one in the middle, shes purple, and looks like she has white bubbles on her nose, blue/black wings... She's a free spirit, much like a wild rose, but she feels so deeply... I fear that her heart will suffer. But she doesn't hold back, you know what shes thinking or feeling because its all there for the world to see." Not able to remember if Zaniah had been there that day, but he might have seen her wandering about.

Haki frowned a little at some of her words.... he didn't completely sure but he figured out most of what she was saying. Her other sister had a big heart and would get hurt because of it? Still, he wasn't sure he could put the name to the mare... though he believed her might have seen her walk by at one point or another during one of his more lucid moments but he couldn't be completely sure. Still he smiled and nodded. "You love them most." He said softly, though he had meant to say 'you love them lots'.

Tilting her head as she ponders his words. "I love all of my family.... I don't know what I'd do if I lost any of them...." Lifting her head, feeling a flash of brief anger at the memory of Auva being attacked and hurt, followed by sadness at the thought of Drashi leaving. Yes she loved her family very much.

Haki nodded at that, a sad smile sinking into place on his face at the memory at losing his own parents. "I understand." He said softly, looking back up at her and nodding again. "They feel the same." He was sure of that.

"I hope so." Smiling at him, wanting to ask him questions but she had tried that once and he had not wanted to answer them. It just seemed that whatever had put his family in the earth had hurt him deeply.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:46 am
Shaking his head as if to shake away thoughts of the past he found himself drawn once more to Heze. Light and future... that was what he saw when looked at her. No lingering darkness or self hatred, no pain.... just goodness. He closed his eyes for a moment, what was he thinking? He didn't really know all that much about her, and even the stuff he did know he couldn't be completely sure he had understood everything correctly.... so why, why did he feel this connection between them? This lingering string that tied them together? Was he simply wishing for something that wasn't really there? "Heze...." He went to stay more but the words caught in his mouth, refused to escape, refused to be spoken.

Looking at Haki still, smiling as he said her name. "What is it Haki? Do you need something?" Having tended him herself as much as she could, so badly wishing they understood eachother better. Mostly she wanted him healthy and whole again, she didn't understand why he seemed to be far away from her, was he ashamed of his injuries?

He sighed and shook his head, "I am fine." He smiled softly and looked at her, "No fear." He was still learning her language, still learning her ways... though their was one thing he had heard a few times from his bedbound spot. He tried to repeat those words, hoping that he had at least understood their meaning though he wasn't sure of all the words. He did however remember her telling him something about the Moon being important to them. "May the Moon blessed you." Ok, so he only messed up a little, added the 'ed' at the end of bless.

Smiling brightly but anding up resting her nose on the ground and making herself keep it there. She so badly wanting to nuzzle him when he said things like that, but between his traditions and his injuries she didn't dare touch him. "Thank you Haki, though I honestly think you need the blessings at the moment for a full and speedy recovery." Always looking so very sad when she looked at his injuries.

Haki found himself shifting a little as Heze looked at his injury, almost as if he was attempting to use his wing to cover up the unsightly thing. He looked down at the ground, not able to comment or look at her in fear of having offended her.... but deep down, a part of Haki roared that he shouldn't be seen as weak in front of her, should be able to protect her and be seen as stronger than any other male around... all hard things to do when you had a wound so deep and severe that you nearly died, that you had to allow touch and the kind healing of others only to have a chance of survival. To say he felt worthless and small... was likely an understatement right now.

He remained silent for a moment, attempting to shift possitions on a slight wince before finally saying. "Sorry." His accent so thick that the word almost sounded more of his language than hers.

"What are you sorry for?" Her expression kind ,bt more and more feeling that he didn't want her there. Not sure why but the last thing she wanted was to hinder his recovery in any way.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:47 am
Had Haki been able to hear her thoughts he would have protested, he did want her there... he just wished that he didn't look quiet so pathetic. In an effort not to draw more attention to himself and his weakness he found himself asking instead; "Cr-oowon" He attempted to say the name of the young stallion he had seen around her a lot, "You be close to him? You aliahidi?" (Promised?) He didn't know the word in her language.

Lifting her head up and tilting it smiling. "Crown? He's around somewhere... Probably off with his fluffy friend or training, or bugging his sister.... I don't understand aliahidi?" Trying to remember what little of his language she had learnt, pretty sure it was a new word.

Haki frowned, not completely sure what some of her words meant. Why would Crown be using bugs against his sister? What was a 'fluffy friend'? Gah! He still had so much to learn. So much he didn't know or understand. "Aliahidi?" How was he meant to explain it? He started by trying to explain in his own language, "Nyoyo mbili kuwa mmoja. Milele uhusiano kati ya wawili wenu kwamba hawezi kuwa mmejitenga kwa wale walio nje. Uhusiano wa mapenzi." (Two hearts becoming one. Eternal connection between the two of you that cannot be severed by those outside. A relationship of love.) He shook his head, she wouldn't understand that either, he knew that. He shook his head, this was a useless question, he wasn't sure how to explain without showing her.... and there was no way he could simply kiss her, especially if she was already promised to another. Why did the very idea of that irritate him?

"Forget. Please." He smiled softly, suddenly determined to enjoy the time he had with her, this fragile truce between male and female... after all Haki didn't know how long it would last. "Talk of me." He had meant 'with' me, but misspoke. "I like to hear you words."

Frowning a little confused, not sure how to explain anything as she didn't understand a word he had just said, but she felt he was asking about her and Crown, but she knew he hadn't asked if they were family, she knew that word, friends maybe? Well she had no clue, but Crown was kind of her Cousin... kind of... Though she wasn't totalyl sure of the connection she knew it was there, she just didn't know her family tree that well. "Crown is.... is... familia.... uhhhh cousin.... bin... binamu?" Wracking her brains trying to remember the things they had talked about before, it made her head ache a little, gettign an idea on how Haki felt trying to understand and use her words.

"Binamu?" He chuckled softly, not because he was laughing at her, but if she had got the right word then he had been worried for no reason at all. How silly of him. He had seen them talk together, seen the looks of worry from the guy and jumped to the worst conclusion.... that was unfair of him. He nodded softly, "I see."

Heze blushed. "I think thats right Binamu is a family member right? I didn't just mess up and call him my mate did I?" Going redder at the idea, it would be totally humiliating if she had done that and everyone found out.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:48 am
Mate? Mate.... that word sounded familar, perhaps that was even one of the ones he had been aiming for earlier. "Binamu is family." He couldn't help it, but he chuckled. "No easy, is it?" He enquired gently, knowing all to well what it was like to make embarrassing mistakes or to not fully understand. "Safe. We me safe." He was trying to express how he wouldn't mock her for her mistakes, he would try to guide her instead. If was for that reason he said, "Try say... Corown ni binamu yangu." (Crown is my cousin). He paused for a moment. "Familia. Family."

Shaking her head. "No its not easy...." Listening thinking she had the word right but obligingly repeating after him. "Crown ni binamu yangu." Her pronounciation was a little harsh as she felt the words out, trusting him to guide her away from saying anything dumb or offensive, and trusting that he wasn't joking with her. Smiling at Haki feeling pleased that they were communicating again, especially as he seemed happier. Looking around wanting to show him the family she could, only some in view. Pointing at her parents with her nose, glad they were together at that moment. "My mother and Father... Mama and Baba..." Sounding unsure but they had done some family members before, she just needed to remember them.

"Good. You do well Heze." He said with a smile, more than happy than he could describe at the fact that she trusted him enough to repeat. Haki couldn't imagine ever have a reason to trick her... even if a small playful part of him thought it could be nice to hear her say something funny in his own language, he simply wouldn't do that to her.

As she looked and pointed at her parents he nodded and saw he youngest sister not too far away from her parents. "Dada. Sister." This went on for a while, a back and forth exchange of words. Once they had finished family the progressed to plants and the lake and other random things that they could see. He learnt some of the less commonly used words, and although he had been trying to teach Heze his own he knew it would take far longer than one go around for most of them to stick completely.

Haki shifted possition, fed up of only really being able to stay in one place, he couldn't wait to at least be able to hobble about... how long had been still for now? He was slowly losing track. He couldn't remember having ever asked before but now he found himself saying, "Heze." The name rolled on his tongue, leaving behind a delicious flavour, "What food you enjoy most?"

Having fun as they worked through family words and simple common words, sure she would struggle to remember them all but liking it all the same. Grinning when he asked. "I'll show you, I won't be long." With that she got up and hurried away to get something. While she was gone Carlisle dropped off some fresh water for Haki, the white stallion not looking old enough to be Crown's great grandfather, but Heze had said thats what he was.

Soon hurrying back with a small basket with some fruit in it, setting it down by his nose. Carlisle gone by now, smiling and nudging the basket closer to him. "These, My favourite foods." In the basket was a mix of peaches, strawberries, apples, and a bit she had broken off a watermelon. Truth be told she liked many others but she hadn't had enough room in her basket.

"Ok." He said softly in reply to Heze, feeling a little lonely now that she had wandered off. It occured to him then that he hadn't actually been alone much since he arrived here... and that, he had actually grown quite used to company, no not just company, Heze. He blushed a little at the thought... just as the white doctor appeared, with a cough he tried to his his reaction, nodding softly in thanks but unable to trust himself to speak since he feared his voice would break or reveal too much. As always the stallion didn't linger when he didn't have anything to say to Haki, something he strangely appreciated. Taking a sip of the water he only paused when he heard more hooves approaching, looking up he saw the angelic form of Heze. He smiled, a wide grin that revealed his white teeth. He was curious to see what was within her basket, a contraption he had come to understand was made by one of the intelligent mares of the herd. Crown's sister if he wasn't mistaken.

When Heze brought the basket closer to reveal it's contents he couldn't help but chuckle. All sweet fruits. Sweet as the mare herself. "Faruits" He said, his pronunctiation of Fruits a little off with his accent. Persikor. Jordgubbar" He said, nosing at the Peaches and Strawberries in turn. Before looking at the other two. He knew of 'apples' from these lands, but wasn't sure what the last was. "Apple." He said, repeating the nosing towards the fruit that grew in abundance around here. "This... I know not." He admitted.

Smiling in delight that she had managed to show him something new she nosed the bit of melon over to him, ok so she had had to get some help pulling the fruit into chunks... And she had had to give the other bits away quickly as the herd tried not to let things spoil.... She had just een lucky that Orion had been there, aparently He had been worrying over how to get some melon to Eden without taking the whole thing. Seems Eden had started on cravings.... That a thought that was alien to her, dispite her mother being a midwife she had never seen anyone expecting foals before. So she had helped Orion pull the fruit apart, and the other half had gone to Eden. "Try it." Grinning wanting to know what he thought of this new fruit, besides she was supposed to help him recover and good food would do just that.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:50 am
He eyed the fruit with interest for a moment, wondering what it was and how it tasted. He didn't hesitate to try it when she asked him to, trusting that it would be perfectly enjoyable and 'safe'. Leaning forward he took a bite, closing his eyes for a moment to savour the flavour... he had to say it filled his mouth mostly with water, but there was a soft sweet taste that lingered on his tongue... and some... crunchy... seeds? He opened his eyes to spy the little black seeds in the fruit. Swallowing he nodded softly. "It is...." he grinned, trying to think of the right word. "...ladha" He chuckled softly, "Delicious." He nodded, "I see why Heze like."

Smiling brightly her head wings fluttered a little as she rested her head down again looking pleased. "I'm glad you like it." Smiling up at him from where she relaxed near by, having chilled right out now that he didn't seem so angry and upset.

"What be it?" He asked softly, realising she hadn't actually told him what it was, had simply asked him to try it. He lowered his head to the floor also, an action that very much made him seem like the male mirror image of Heze in that moment. Once again he found his eyes wandering over her form. The changing tones of her pelt, the soft subtle colours that danced and marked her pelt. They colour of her eyes and they way they sparkled. The way her wings sat upon her back. He was still amazed by the fact that a lot of the beings here had four. Four wings... angels.

Blinking faintly surorised at his question, she had been sure that she told him, then again it wouldn't surprise her to have just thought she told him, after all she was so careful around him, the last thing she wanted to do was get careless and hug him or something. "Its watermelon, we can only find it in the summer." Spreading her four wings out, letting the wind drift over them as they laze in the sun.

Haki nodded at that, repeating the word as he committed it to memory. "Watermelon." He nodded, sure that if he ever needed to find one for her knowing the name and its appearance would at least helped, of course, he was only guessing on its appearance since it was clear the thing had been broken up somehow. He flexed his claws absentmindedly, sure that they would make easy work of breaking such things up. If only he could be more useful than that. His thoughts wandered, and before he had even realised he had spoke he found himself saying, "How do... in your familia... select your...pear? Pair? Chukua nusu nyingine?" (Take up your other half).

"Pair?..." Not sure what he meant at first but murmering to herself as she tries to work it out. "Select a pair.... pair... two... couple?.... Select a couple... Oh! You mean how do we choose a mate?" Looking at him, not sure if he understood as he hadn't reacted the last time she used that word, then again she might have thought it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 am
Haki frowned a little trying to think of other words he could use to ask his question, even as he cringed a little at realising he had actually asked her... still, he was curious for an answer, and since he had started to ask he knew it would only look strange not to continue now. "Mate?" He had indeed heard that word before, though for some reason he believed it to mean friend... was he wrong? "Is that not just.... marafiki? Frien--d?"

Heze looked a little torn about how to explain the word mate... "It can mean friend, after all its best to mate with someone who is a friend.... But usually, here we use mate to refer to our life partner, the stallion or mare that we will be with and have foals with."

Haki nodded, he mostly understood what she meant, at least he believed he did. "Nafsi mpenzi" (Soul Partner) He nodded softly, "I see." He smiled, not sure if he should ask his question again or just let it drop. So Haki fell silent again with his indecision.

Nodding, assuming that he had understood to a degree, so she got on with answering the question. "How we choose a mate is different for each couple.... My parents spent a lot of time together as foals, fell in love, when they were older they became mates with my grandfathers blessing.... My aunt... I've never met her mate or her foals, I'm not sure if anyone has. Some meet someone and fall in love quickly.... It depends on the ones involved really." Blushing thinking she had rambled to much in that answer.

Haki nodded, trying to figure out her words. Foals who fell for each other, he understood that concept to a point.... though a blessing he really needed to figure out that word. They asked to be 'blessed' by the Moon, they recieved 'blessings' from her grandfather... so a blessing was a baraka? Now that he thought about it, it made sence. And since he had grown to learn that her grandfather was not just a powerful Angeni with physical power over the Ocean, he was also an elder... a great honour for any breed. He nodded softly... at least until she started talking of her 'aunt'. THat was when he got lots a little. To have a mate that no one has seen? Was that not strange? Haki suspected that the one he paired with he would never let them out of his sight, would never be without them for long... for find his heart and sight drawn to them. Once again his eyes moved to Heze which caused him to jump. Did his heart and body know something that his mind didn't?

He coughed a little to clear his throat, though she had answered he still didn't really understand how they took their 'mates'. Perhaps it was simply different for everyone, no set format or ritual. In his culture there was ritual, an acceptance of touch from each other, an acceptance of the other into their life.... an image flashed of him doing the ceremony with Heze. He looked away, not wanting to betray his own mind.

Heze worried her lip, she didn't know if she had explained it right, did he understand? Had she made things too complicated, maybe if she knew what his people did then she could understand better and explain. "Haki.... How do your people take a mate?"  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 am
Haki looked up at the question and smiled softly, he took a moment to think about the words he needed before saying "For most they are kuchaguliwa (selected) by familia....." It was considered an honour to be 'sold' to a family of worth, his family had been considered one such family... but what with the deaths and Haki's role in the rebellion, that was no longer the case. Haki had thrown his status away, thrown his old life away, there was nothing behind him that he still longed for. Realising that Haki didn't know the word 'kuchaguliwa' he tried to find others to explain it. "Familia... pick." He nodded, yes, that sounded right. He took a deep breath, "For others.... " He frowned, not really sure how to explain. "Go to kuzaliana vyama." (Breeding parties). "Eh.... gatherings....?" He wasn't sure that was an accurate comparison but he would settle for it. "We hold.... dance?" His frowned deepened, he was trying to describe the ritual ceremony. "To accept touch.... each must... accept other." He sighed, that was the best he could manage.

She looked surprised at all this, running what she understood through her head. Some had their mate picked by family, others picked at gatherings, like dances... Mates had to accept the touch of the other? "What if you hate who your family pick? Or....! Shaking her head as it was a dumb question, if they rejected the touch of someone at a gathering thne no one is forcing them to pair off. Not able to imagine having her mate chosen for her, his was truely from a different society.

He found himself chuckling a little, "Honour.... it is an honour to be...." He frowned again, not sure of the word he wanted to use. Looking around he tried to find inspiration based on their conversation today, from the words they had shared. "Picked as anothers..... mate." He was thankful he had never met the mare that had been originally selected for him, even more so that she had been promised to another after his fall of shame. He looked at Heze, despite their differences... would his shame become her shame... Her families shame... if he remained here? He didn't like the idea of doing that to her at all. She deserved nothing but happiness, joy, peace, love... all the things he suddenly realised he wanted to give her. It was time to change the subject, before he revealed more. But he couldn't. There was one more thing he needed to know. "Do Heze... have.... someone she like?"

"I've never thought about it..." Tilting her head as she does think about it, thinking over those she had met, the ones she had spent time with and had grown to care a little more about than others. She had gotten close to Crown and Drashi, though neither were proprctive mates, aside from being family they probably only saw her as an annoying little sister type... And Haki... Blushing.... "Your the only stallion I've come to like that is not family." Ok now she felt totally awkward and not sure why, he was her friend so naturally she would like him, though now she had answered did he mean like in the same way?

Haki practically jumped out of his skin at her reply, he hadn't expected her to say that.... Him? Him?! Was it not too much to hope for? As if to demonstrate his complete surprise he repeated his thoughts aloud. "Me....? Heze likes.... me?" The idea made him feel far happier than it probably should, the thought didn't even occur to him that he had misunderstood, or that she didn't mean it in the same way he had said it. A little hesitantly he said softly, "I.... like Heze.... too."

Looking at him, wincing for him when he jumped in surprise, leaning over to try and soothe him and any pain he might have only to freeze milemeters from touching him and drawing back blushing deeply. "Sorry... hard habit to break...." Sounding breathless, her heart having picked up speed, he liked her? The thought made her dizzy, the way she felt giddy and breathless and like she wanted to giggle... Maybe that meant she liked him more than just a friend like.... Nodding at his surprised question and lowering her now pink nose to the ground, whispering. "Yes you..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 am
As Heze went to touch him he found himself almost wincing in anticipation.... suddenly torn between wanting her touch and his own habit of not accepting such things. They really did make an odd pair, did they not? One so forward with her feelings and touch, the other closed off and distant. When she apologised he felt like his heart was breaking, skaing his head softly he wanted to tell her it was ok, that she didn't need to apologise.... but no words came out.

Haki yawned slightly, he was unable to control the action. Lowering his head back to the ground he allowed his eyes to close for a moment, only a moment before opening them again and looking at Heze once more... was her nose... pinker? He wasn't completely sure, though part of him thought it was true. Still, Haki didn't point it out, even as he heard her softly whispered words. Yes you... His heart skipped a beat and a goofy grin spread across his face.

Not really looking at him now, missing his grin, feeling embarassed and unsure, then again Eden had only met Orion a few times before they mated, then again Eden was not quite normal in some ways. Besides Haki probably had a mate chosen for him, then again his family were dead weren't they? Had one of his family been his mate?... So many questions she couldn't ask. Closing her eyes with a soft sigh not sure what to ask him, she knew the important things about him, brave, kind gentle, tolerant, but details, she lacked those.

Opening her eyes and looking up at him finally, wondering back to one of the thigns he had said when they first met.... Females didn't fight where he came from, in his world her dream would probably have caused all kinds of trouble.

Haki watched Heze open her eyes and the smile faded from his face... "What wrong?" He asked, unsure what to make of the expression upon her face..... it looked like a cross between pained and troubled, and he feared he was the cause. His clawed feet flexed on reflex.

Smiling gently at him. "I just wish I knew more about you" Lifting her head up before she tried nuzzling his claw nearest her. "Is there a reason for no touching?" Curious about how this had started, it seemed so unnatural to her that something must have triggered the custom.

Haki nodded slightly at her words, ...to know morea bout him? He doubted she would like what she heard. Still, he didn't voice that, instead he continued to listen, a little suprised by her question. Why no touching? He thought about it for a moment, it was so second nature to him now he hadn't exactly spent much time contemplating the reasons. But a story from his childhood came back. "Ni alisema kuwa kugusa ni hofu. Zawadi tu ambayo inaweza kweli kukubaliwa wakati ikiwa ni pamoja na upendo wa moyo wako." (It is said that touch is scared. A gift that can only be truly accepted when coupled with the love of your heart.) He blinked, realising he had spoken in his own tongue and not hers. "Sorry.... a... moment." He requested, giving himself a little time to think of her words. "Touch... held dear. Only with..." He wasn't sure of the word for heart so patted his chest with his foot three times. "Can you accept.... truly... accept other." He looked up at the sky, thinking of how her people saw the Moon as special, perhaps she would understand. "We.... believe that Moon tried to steal Sun for his... mate." He hoped he was making at least a little sence, "But to take Sun would deny the land.... " He wasn't telling thei very well, he knew that but still he tried to explain. "Moon punished... to go without another... to see but not touch." Hense all the stars, all there to be seen but never within the Moon's reach. "But twice a day... as.... gift... the land allowed to touch Sun." Sunset and Sunrise. "Touch... gift."

Blinking at that, finding the story pretty, though with his limited language he was probably only telling the essentials. But she nodded and smiled gently. "It's a beautiful story. But the heart has much to give...." Really not able to explain how she saw things, touch was more than just a way to show love, it comforted, it calmed, it could be playful and it could be angry... "Who can touch?" Resting her head down again, looking at him.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:33 pm
There was a part of the story he had missed out, though he hadn't been sure how to explain it which is why he hadn't tried. The reason the Moon was punished. In a way, not touching lightly was a way to ensure faithfullness between mated pairs.

"Who...." He smiled and looked at her for a moment before speaking, "Mama. Baba. Ndugu zao (Siblings).... Mate." Only immediate family. He blushed a little, and added, "And Watoto." (Children)

Listening, she understood most of that, nodding and sighing. "I'm not sure I could have done that... gone from freedom of touch to it being forbidden." Looking round at the herd, while many were her family not all were immediate family, her head wings drooping at the idea of not being able to hug her grandfather, that there would have been no hugs from Crown to cheer her on as a foal... Not that she would have been tolerated following that path anyway.... "It sounds lonely."

Haki followed her gaze to see she was looking at her family, and he knew straight away what she was doing, she was trying to imagine a world where she couldn't touch them. Where she wouldn't have the same connection with them, in a way he envied her, in other ways he knew no different and found her ways a little strange. "I... know nothing else..." He said softly, trying to smile for her. "Lonely? I.... would not say... " He paused, unable to finish his sentence, before everything had changed it was true he hadn't felt lonely, now though? Well, now he was alone, and it didn't have anything to do with lack of touch..... he was simply alone.

Falling completely silent he rested his head on the ground and watched as the grass swayed from side to side in an hypnotic motion.

Looking at him again her expression sad. "I'm sorry, I did not want to make you sad. I know thinking about.... home.... makes you sad." Lowering her head so they were almost nose to nose, looking at him. "Please forgive me, I never want you to be sad."

He looked up at her and shook his head, the feathers upon the crown shaking softly as if captured by the wind. "It ok. I...." His eyes nearly tears up as he spoke. "Miss them." He said softly. Silence spread over him then, took away his ability to speak, his ability to think past the pain of the past, and before he could stop it tears started to spill from his eyes.

Swallowing hard, not sure what the lump was in her throat, gritting her teeth to keep from snugglign and nuzzling him till she convinced him ti would be ok.... Not only would the touch upset him but he was still hurt, she didn't want to hurt him more. So with nothing else to do she stayed with him and cried too, unable to ease his pain, not able to make him smile or do anything, but she cried with him because she didn't want him to be alone, and because she would cry too if she lost her family and was alone in a strange place.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff