Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply DnD Role Play
Mazes & Monsters 2.0 - OOC Thread & The Pantheon Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:52 pm
OOC Thread & The Pantheon

This is where you may discuss with other players, or myself about the current, past or future status of the role play.

Main Story Thread
Spells & Ability Lists

This is also where you will find the most common Pantheon.

The Pantheon

Unfortunately there are *so* many deities within the D&D universe that I cannot do them enough justice here.

List of the Deities of the Forgotten Realms

This is a link to the wikipedia page where they are located. You may select whichever is appropriate, I am well versed in who is what and how they react so I will assist you if you request it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. So sayeth Grimand Rockjaw, dwarven priest of Talos and Cedric Goldmire, priest of Lathander.*User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These are NPCs, not players.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:41 am
First!

Okay, that was really immature of me xd .

On to my question. I'm having trouble with a name. Help me sweatdrop ? Just a list of examples will help me a lot. If you can, maybe specifying which culture/language I should look at for names. Heck, even pointing out video games/books/movies with similar naming themes to this rp will likely help. I'm just overall lost at what's thematically appropriate gonk .

Also, Astra, what class are you going to be? That is, if you don't mind telling me. I'm just curious.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am
I plan on being a mage because mages are what I dooooo, Baby ~<3

I already sent my char sheet to Tonas, I'm just waiting for it to be looked over and handed back for edits.

What race/class are you planning on? Cause I can help!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 am
Elf race and either thief or bard class. Although, since you're going to be a wizard, I'm leaning more towards the more physical thief.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Astra_Senpai

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 am
Elves! 'Oo righ', Love!

I can't speak for the GMs vision of it, but as I know then elves have fancy names like : Galadial Silverleaf or Amalthea Goldenpetal there's a ton of name generators etc online for them. ahhhhhhhhh it also depends on where you were raised and by whom- because humans have been known to adopt the occasional pointy eared forest demon etc.

Check out the Lord of the Rings, Um D&D guides online have lots of name suggestions, there's like a kajillion name gens. *nod nod*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 am
Name generators? Hm, that's a good place to start. Thank you for the idea whee .
*scurries off to look through the name generators*  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 am
So yeah. Plenty of elven names out there. The best tend to be a combination a words for the surname and then a whimsical name for the first name.

Alleria Wildwhisper
Erron Goldmane
Tethys Windsong
Silmeria Silentstep

Etc
Etc Etc

Additionally, one thing I forgot to put on the profile skeleton was what deity you follow. You don't have to have one unless you are a cleric, but it adds character depth. I'll provide a list soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 am
Just a note on something I wasn't expecting:

While I *LOVE* that people are willing to go into such detail about their characters and their actions, please reel that in for the actual story. One-three paragraphs per post during non-combat situations and only one-two for combat.

It really slows the pacing of a fight if the DM has to barrel their way through a wall of text for every action.

Again:
I am not upset. I LOVE that you guys are getting into this, so much. Just an FYI for future reference.  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Gareus Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am
hihihihiHIIIIII

*clears throat* Eherm, ah... Hello.

Really glad to be here, ahm... I'm a complete DnD virgin, soooo. This'll be an interesting first head long butt smack into it all, I'm guessing.

Happy to be here, looks like it'll be lots of fun with the people we have. ^ ^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 am
Don't worry, Gareus. I'm sure everything will turn out fine mrgreen . Just get out there and stab ALL THE SHINS!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On another note, I like how our entire group is atheist xd .  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Gareus Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 am
Ah, I have a question, being so untouched by DnD and all...

While I do love my current character to pieces, may we have several characters at once? Not in one campaign, I mean, but what are the rules as far as making different characters and having them in reserve for when the next campaign comes around, for example?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:53 am
Well.

Right now, in the guild I believe, I'm the only one who is wanting to DM.

As such, I have no plans of creating multiple campaigns, and therefore, multiple characters are not in the blueprints at this time. My plans are a *long* term campaign where the characters develop to their full potential.

If someone else down the road chooses to start up a new campaign, I would recommend secondary characters at that time.  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am
Oh, also, the group isn't atheist.

Just because you don't *worship* a specific god in D&D doesn't mean you don't believe in them. The gods/goddesses of the world are quite active and there's no doubt that they exist.

D&D is well known for the fact that in this world, even the gods may be killed. (Though obviously not by players in games, but rather in lore/books etc.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 am
Ah, right. My bad. I used the wrong term sweatdrop . Since it's so weird that not a single one worships a deity, I think I might choose one myself if I'm allowed to edit it in? Maybe Banjo :p ?

(Props to those who get the reference.)  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Gareus Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 am
Aahhhh, got it.

Understood. :3  
DnD Role Play