Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Interstellar Wars Armada

Back to Guilds

Gathering allies to gather for the future! 

Tags: Camp Half-Blood, The Potter-World, Mecha, European Folklore, Dr. Who 

Reply Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!(The Potter-world)
Dumbledore's Army Recruitment!(Ends at Page 20!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm
Dumbledore's Army Recruitment!(Ends at Page 20!)

http://www.zerochan.net/710995

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If anyone's going to ask, this matter is to take place 5-6 years after the demise of Tom Marvelo Riddle, the Magi-Terrorist we otherwise known as Voldemort himself, Hogwarts has started a rebuilding of itself within the 1st half of the 5-6 years after it within just the 3 year span alone, and many threats, ranging from Voldemortian loyalist remnants to threats outside of the small rabble outside Britain, to even bigger threats now beginning to threaten Europe, all the way leading to across the globe(we'll worry about this sort of thing on Diagon Alley or the Wizegamot 1st, though, this isn't the combat thread for that!This is another kind of kombat thread going on, one where it ranges from new spells to new ways of fighting will be discussed heavily is confirmed!I promise if more people arrive, we'll get there later, okay?), but let's start with the basics, alright?

One of the veterans of the recent war against Voldemort volunteered as one of the leaders of Dumbledore's Army and as a member of the Order of the Phoenix, and intends to volunteer for the task since Harry is rather busy with Auror duties he's attending, among other military matters anyone would note.

Stapling Scotty

Catnipped Heels

Sweet Melancholy Bells

FranBeary

I think it'd be quite the understatement to say that things are probably going to be different in regards to learning the basics of combat, whether it's like the usual DADA affairs or trying to learn how to get your wands to develop sentience via a Sink-or-swim lesson, to even learning entirely new means to fight altogether!

Do you all want in, or what?

P.S: It should be of note that the matter ends when it hits Page 20 as a lot of the affairs might transfer over to a Diagon Alley recruitment going on, alright?

P.P.S: Pottermore content is permitted to be of use!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 pm
I'm definitely in! o:
Where is Garrett, he's missing a lot. scream  

Mhavaris

Bashful Powerhouse

11,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle: Mage 100

Stapling Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:13 am
I'm game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 pm
Stapling Scotty
I'm game

Its been a while since we last saw from you and your Ravenclaw attendant, correct?

FranBeary
I'm definitely in! o:
Where is Garrett, he's missing a lot. scream

I don't know, he might have sent someone from the Auror Department to check on any new incoming students, if he's hearing this I hope the newcomer is here.

Kiku_Remura X

So has the search for one of the residents came in?
Did the Auror buddy of yours find anyone worth joining?
Kiku Remura is welcome to assist if he wishes.

Only a matter of time before Neville arrives, and then we may begin, okay?  

Javier Cross
Captain

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:47 am
-Requiem-Seraphim-

Kia Tasha

Fernflyer

IIBlack-Embers48II

iSunako Nakahara

SweetMelancholyBells

CatnippedHeels

Testing, is everyone in here so we can get the classes on the road?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm
Javier Cross
-Requiem-Seraphim-

Kia Tasha

Fernflyer

IIBlack-Embers48II

iSunako Nakahara

SweetMelancholyBells

CatnippedHeels

Aye, I am here.  

CatnippedHeels

Quotable Dabbler

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm
CatnippedHeels

-Requiem-Seraphim-

Kia Tasha

Fernflyer

IIBlack-Embers48II

iSunako Nakahara

SweetMelancholyBells

CatnippedHeels

Aye, I am here.

Neville Longbottom is expected to arrive in here, and while we await for Evie Rose to arrive in class before it starts in session, know that I'll be busy listening to matters from the Ministry of Magic while they go to have discussions in having a video game company known as Ministry of Magic2, since CyberConnect2 already has a response that's quite akin to the MoM in no small amount of respects, okay?

Wait, he's coming, keep the Magi-tech to a minimum until the lessons start, okay?
Wait...someone's coming, is anyone in here?

It looks like one of the Veterans of the Voldemortian Wars from 5-6 years ago has arrived at last, please clap your hands for Neville Longbottom of the Auror Department, is everyone assembled in here ready?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:42 am
Javier Cross
iSunako Nakahara

Yep I'm finally here!

IDEK92

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:46 am
iSunako Nakahara
Javier Cross
iSunako Nakahara

Yep I'm finally here!

You remembered to bring your students in there, this time?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 am
DeVey, Xavier: Slytherin 2nd year

I was directed here. *shrugs* nice to meet you all.

Brewing success one experiment at a time.  

X_of_Pentacles
Vice Captain

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:47 pm
X_of_Pentacles

I was directed here. *shrugs* nice to meet you all.

CatnippedHeels

-Requiem-Seraphim-

Fernflyer

FranBeary

Flashback Voice
Cur Amendio: To Cure and to Amend! Used to heal more moderate injuries!

http://www.zerochan.net/731303

http://fav.me/dzyv9s

Neville goes to think to himself in regards of thinking about what could have happened during the events of 6 years ago before Tom Marvelo Riddle(AKA Voldemort) was finally destroyed, with his aid in slaying Nagini in fact, while he walked his way into the Room of Requirement while discussions were being held.

One couldn't help but feel a sense of empowerment being in play while the music player in the room was working, and then another track just happened while a strong sense of power was already within the very room of Requirement itself where hundreds of attendees were gazing at the room itself, and the changes happening around it.

Once more, another track is in play and this time, the scenery within the Room of Requirement changes to the showings of the basic events that the Sorting Hat of Hogwarts has discussed during the Legacy of the time of the Four Founders of Hogwarts, themselves.
It showed how the likes of Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin were all shown to be working together to create and breathe life into the Sorting Hat during Medieval Times.

By the time the music was near the halfway mark, one then notices that someone was finally here as a Silvery Mist came in where he was, the guy was said to be carrying what appeared to be the Coin for Dumbledore's Army and the Blue Cape shown with the Members of the Order of the Phoenix on him, when he showed up.

"Did anyone ask for me to be here, or did they meant to ask for George Weasley or Oliver Wood?" the guy said, before someone asked,"Is that Longbottom?The guy who re-rallied the Original Dumbledore's Army back when the Death-Eaters took over Hogwarts those few years back?" as the older guy goes to glance at the 5th year student who asked, a Gryffindor asked the question while some of the Slytherins eager to learn here were already aware of the fact.

(To anyone noticing the music in play!*)

(To anyone else still in here: Yes, music from the dot hack universe will be in play here, and double-yes in terms of how fitting the music would be in here in case anyone's wondering, don't even be surprised if dot hack-verse shout-outs come in play in an organic manner either!)

(This is the part where you may freely use Pottermore content as you wish!)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Xavier scoffed, not sure he liked such questions. Much media fanfare had surrounded the event after the recovery, you had to hide under a rock to somehow miss it all. Settling back against the wall, he saw the various expressions on fellow students. Celebrities were still people and he hoped Longbottom had good practical experiences for them to fall back on. How many Gryffindors would be leaping before looking in this organization.., Xavier wondered.

X_of_Pentacles
Vice Captain

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100

Javier Cross
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm
X_of_Pentacles

Xavier scoffed, not sure he liked such questions. Much media fanfare had surrounded the event after the recovery, you had to hide under a rock to somehow miss it all. Settling back against the wall, he saw the various expressions on fellow students. Celebrities were still people and he hoped Longbottom had good practical experiences for them to fall back on. How many Gryffindors would be leaping before looking in this organization.., Xavier wondered.

Already noting that some of the students were already aware of some of those incidents where Longbottom was actually involved, according to Theodore Nott's word, a lot of the students were already wondering if that was all there was to what Nott reported or if there's something more that Nott wasn't talking about, they were aware of his occasional visits to current Slytherin students for quite some time after the war came to an end, and rumor has it that he may have taken some degree of involvement with the Order of the Phoenix in terms of recent events.

"I heard of that one incident where when Nott reported he was In Charge of the overall Assignment to provide info, back when someone in Andrei Alechiv's lot among Voldemort's remaining hordes from Russia already brought in a couple of Purebred Veelas, that before they could unleash a major SnowStorm in Europe 2 years ago and do far worse than simply get a lot of massive lockdowns and dead muggles around that Neville took to the field and with Nott's help, managed to get to one of Alechiv's own Subordinates and engaged him man-to-man and won in a Sword Fight!" One of the Gryffindors said based on what was recalled in that time, while a Ravenclaw then said,"I heard of another incident that came from 4 years ago that in Scandinavia, he and Harry were busy trying to prevent a Snowstorm that was happening in there from getting worse than it already was, they had to fight a group of Dark Wizards in the Jourmungands from there, said to have carried a flag that represented some kind of Giant Serpent that was said to one day devour the World if it hasn't done so by now, didn't Potter himself had to cast a spell known as Tempus Bardus, which meant Time Slow when Minutes got converted to hours in its use, long enough to rout the Jourmungands out before the two engaged two of the Leaders in there, Potter even went to blast off the right arm of the one he was fighting with The Blasting Curse, and then bind him with a non-verbal Area Spell of some kind while Neville managed to cripple the other with Bombarda Maxima, and broke the back of the guy after aiming it at a location where the guy got caught in an avalanche and had his back break afterward!" when after going to get a flask of water across after saying the mouthful, then adds,"I suspect the way they managed to sneak by the Jourmungands was pretty inspiring, I wonder if Hermione was Orchestrating the Operation or if it was Nott who did it," Said Ravenclaw thought before thinking to himself,'If I didn't know any better, the guy standing next to us reminds me of a more violent counterpart to Silibus from dot hack//G.U, I wonder if that's just a coincidence going on, then again my mother's a Muggle-born Otaku while my Father's a Pureblood who loved mom, I wouldn't be surprised if Pi would have made the cut for Ravenclaw house if Hermione could have done so, either,' as the track in play in the room is pretty much more or less the sort of track said Ravenclaw would have found the next time he played the dot hack G.U games, at some point.
'Heh, I'd wonder how coincidental this Mostly-Muggle Company in CyberConnect2 would have done, a lot of the stuff in the dot hack games kind of sound like us in some ways,' as this reality-warping attack known as Data Drain kind of sounds a lot like the Unforgivable Curses when one thinks of Illegal Powers in general.
As Xavier DeVey asked, a lot of the Younger Gryffindors were congradulating Longbottom in a series of massive applause already before anything more was said, but the Hufflepuff veteran who was apparently there 5-6 years ago along with another Slytherin were already looking at each other in terms of the most recent events going on, so the Slytherin had to be the one to ask this,"From what I heard, it was just two days ago that Professor Longbottom just wound up in a fight with a couple of Rogue Creatures in there, they were able to cast magic as well and they couldn't be fought off by conventional means so he had to get rid of them with Exploding Potions to send their way, except Longbottom forgot to check his Remembrall on Nott's instructions and didn't get out of the way in time, so as a result much of his left arm and right leg is busted up and would require days to deal with if no healing potions like the Wiggenweld Potion's in use," as the Slytherin in question had to be the one to ask the question in case anyone might look at the Hufflepuff associate wrongly, out of concern in his own way for Longbottom's well-being.

Longbottom hears all of the things being said about him, and not wanting to forget to use the Remembrall in case anything was missing to get started in class, he goes to pull out a Tennis-ball sized Glass Ball with his right arm to check if he's forgetting anything, when he notes that the Glass Ball went blank, Longbottom felt relieved,'No need to worry for now, it'll all be better soon,' when Neville goes to look at the Class and ask this,"Are we gonna be started in class with the teaching of a spell as the opening?" before the majority of the audience from all 4 houses look back at Longbottom rather than discuss the rumors based on actual missions Neville had to deal with, one of the ones that were mentioned outright was with Potter back to back.

'At times like these I wish Fred Weasley was here, its like yesterday since he died, George and Angelina got married 5 years back and Lee Jordan said that if he's not here in the Room to come by at some point, he'll be somewhere at Diagon Alley where Hermione is for OoTP recruitment,' Neville thought to himself, before going to look back at the class.

"ARE YOU READY AND PAYING ATTENTION?BECAUSE HERE I GO!!!!" Neville instructed with a sense of Urgency, as he goes to cast the following spell outloud for the audience to hear without even using his wand:

'CUR AMENDIO!!!!'

As just like that, the spell was already taking effect on Neville Longbottom, as all the hidden physical pain he felt for the past few days were already leaving him rather quickly, as Neville suddenly goes to show a more playful expression going on with a major smile in his mind when he looked back at the Audience, as the Slytherin in question was using some kind of special glasses made in the same kind of manner that the late Mad-Eye Moody's Mad-Eye would have been used to notice the progress in dealing with the badly damaged limbs.
Said Slytherin then goes to pass a note to Xavier DeVey to let him know of the findings while the Hufflepuff in question then thought,"Just as I remembered him," in a suppressed chuckle.

(Spoiler Warning to anyone still here!)

(Spoiler tag done!)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:07 pm
ϟamantha risby
ragon esearcher and .. Member

Samantha arced over the countryside, leaning down over her broom and urging a little more speed out of her Nimbus. She was eager to visit her old friends and help with the recruitment for the D.A. and it showed in the no-nonsense way that she flew.She was usually all over the place when she flew, stopping to investigate anything and everything that caught her interest.
When Hogwarts finally came in to sight, she grinned, landing at the eastern gate and presenting her wand to gain entry onto the grounds.
Here I come! she yelled, hopping back to her broom and zooming toward the castle itself. Within moments she was within the castle, walking purposefully through the halls, heading toward a certain classroom.
She slipped into the room, watching the students one-up each other about Neville's accomplishments as an auror.
He really has grown since our school days together. she thought fondly, remembering her days learning Witchery in this castle.

OCC: I hope this is a RPing place, because that's how I posted... blaugh
NOTE: Her wand is Cedar with a Dragon Heartstring.
Javier Cross

Avenging Eternity

Beloved Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Generous 100

Avenging Eternity

Beloved Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 pm
X_of_Pentacles

Your post Pentacles 3nodding

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!(The Potter-world)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games