Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Summer Harvest - (Lovelee, Aika & Luminary)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Cicadas cried out their songs as mid day approached, the summer sun beating down upon the fields of long sweetgrass that swayed and covered the meadows that a small herd of colorful mares called home. Aika skipped through the grass, pausing every once in a while to flitter her little wings and bite off a particularly tasty looking daisy or three. She had left Moon and Nightingale back at the nest she had found for them, they were normally pretty nocturnal so during the day she liked to to go see her mother Lovelee, her other daughter Luminary was already there helping with the festivities. That put a spring in her step! The Summer Harvest was going on! the sweet fruit that arrived this time hung laden on the trees surrounding the meadows, sweet full peaches, tangy nectarines, crispy apples. Aika smacked her lips in anticipation, the peaches were her absolute fave. At the end, when all the fruit they could carry back was brought safely back to their Holding, which is what they called home...base camp, that sort of thing, They ate until they couldn't eat anymore! It was a great thing, happened once a year and once a year only, the rest of the fruit was made into preserves by Silvra, the odd kirin who had come to their little herd a few years back, hailing from some cold country where they made kirin much larger. She always made preserves from where she came from, for the long winters she said. She giggled musically as she crested a hill and could juuust make out the forms of the herd folk. " Finally!" She cheeped and began to trot, eager to join her family.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:45 pm
Lovelee opened one eye, it was a lazy afternoon...or it was supposed to be! She had almost forgotten about the Summer Harvest, of course the herd hadn't let her forget about it when they all clamored around trying to get her up at godawful o clock in the morning! Silvra had gotten her up to start preparing the area to make preserves, Cregga was in charge of cutting up the fruit and making sure nothing would steal it, she wanted to go out for early morning patrol. Luminary showed up early and nuzzled her "gramma Luvvie" and brushed her with those enormous wings of hers, Bella had been telling stories to the young foals who had been hanging around...it was a madhouse! And not good for sleeping in. She grumbled and gruffed, making a show of how "old and cranky" she could be, but a smile was tugging on the side of her lips and she couldn't hide it, she was as excited as everyone else, she just liked to sleep a little longer than the rest of the sunny faces around here.
" Awright Awriiiight i'm UP!" She stretched her legs and spotting Luminary (which was quite easy considering she was the only one with wings) she walked over to her and gave her an easy smirk " SO! Where's your mom ey? Stayed behind to tuck in that hubby of hers? Silly nocturnal lot you've got there girl!"

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 pm
Luminary smiled brightly as her grandma approached her, she had been up early, she lived and breathed the daylight, she had been named appropriately. " Hi Gramma Luvvie!" She chirped " You're finally up! I was gonna call in the calvary! You know, the little kitties that come to visit every once in a while?" She giggled when she saw the stricken look on her grandmothers face " Oh c'mon gramma, i wouldn't do that to you! Not yet anyway!" She giggled and tucked her wings in as she looked around " Looks like everyone is getting ready to do their tasty work today!" She had enjoyed the Harvest, it had always been a delight to go to as a filly, running around with her sleepy sister and her kind but snoozy father.

" Well i'm in charge of getting the high fruit off the boughs, you know how that is!" she chuckled, spreading out her enormous wingspan " Since i'm the one with the wings" She caught her grandma looking at her with a raise brow " Awright awright, well you know what I mean!" Her grandma had always been a little weird about wings. " Are you gonna do the overlook again gramma? You ARE the head honcho around here" She smiled winningly down at her, grandma had always been pretty spunky.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 pm
Her granddaughter was such a bright young snip, it was easy to see that she got the brightness from her mother and the mouth from her own!
" Hardy har har, you crazy sunny faced featherduster!" She tossed her tail behind her as if she were irritated, but she couldn't ever be angry with her adorable grandbaby. She paused for a second to think about the fact that she WAS a grandmother...egawds! " Yes yes, well that's what wings are good for aren't they? ey? That's what i thought ye dork, have fun flyin, i'll never know how that feels obviously!" She chuckled after receiving the end of a skeptical magenta glance " You know i'm just kiddin" She looked out to see all the other herd members busying themselves with the preparations " Well i suppose i SHOULD be making sure everyone knows what they're doing, it's not like many of them are new to this thing Little Lumi" She chided comically, using her granddaughters pet name. She blinked at the horizon past where Bella was helping Silvra with something..." Say, is that your mother I see WAAAYYYY out there? hard to tell against all the rest of the green, but i'm pretty sure." She chuckled. " Whatta you think?"

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 pm
Aika got closer and spotted her daughter and her mother with ease among the dots of color that made up the Songbird Herd. She nickered happily and ran forward to greet them, cheeping and nuzzling her daughter and smiling winningly at her mother " Heyyyy you two! How are things going? She trilled happily " I would have gotten here earlier but you know Moon, always sleeping in the morning, I had to make sure Nightingale would come a check on him." She amused herself with the thought, both her hubby and her other daughter were mostly nocturnal as opposed to herself and her daughter, they made a weird little pair, but they were happy and that's what mattered!

She flittered her little wings and beamed, the little device at her throat beeping along with her occasional cheeps and twitters " How's the prep coming along? Am I pulling fruit carrying detail again? I'll bet I could just use one of the baskets that two legger left us and catch the fruit as it fell, with Luminary's help of course!" She chirped sweeetly at her daughter, so happy that she could fly and help out with things like that.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 pm
Luminary laughed brightly, the sound akin to the sweet trill of the songbirds the herd was named after " Oh mom, yes yes, I will fly whereeeeever you need me to and get whatever you want, that's what these are for Gramma Luvvie" She winked at her grandma who just scowled playfully back. These wings had come from her grandfather apparently, who had not cared enough to stick around for family business and summer harvests and such things. But she was glad they were useful, she hadn't expected to get so huge either, but no one really KNOWS how you're gonna turn out till...well...you do!

" So dad AND Nighty are sleeping, haha, well we'll have to bring them back some fruit for later when they wake up, silly goofs, couldn't even get out of the nest for this funstuff!"

She watched Bella teaching the young visiting colts a thing or three about pitting the fruit they brought in, it was kinda cute, the little ones had juice all over their faces, obviously enjoying getting TO the pit more than taking it out.

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:12 pm
She smiled saucily at her daughter and granddaughter, both had grown up so beautifully she almost couldn't believe it, even though she had spent most of her life watching them grow. " Well as the kid here is the only one that can fly, i'd say she gets top tree fruit duty." She laughed, of course she remembered where the wings her granddaughter had originated from, the stallion with the good looks and attitude, she frowned slightly, a line appearing between her eyebrows. He had left with one of the baskets, said goodbye, all matter o factly, smug as you please.

She shook her head and beamed " So we all know what we're doin then?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff