Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Not the Same Tree (Betula x Lament)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:47 pm
This is a PRP between Betula (owned by Darkmoon Dancer) and Lament (owned by Nyx Queen of Darkness)
[ Link to DD's Teepee ] | [ Link to Nyx's Teepee ]

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:59 pm
Graveyards. They were a funny concept. Well, of course they weren't laugh-type of funny, they were... well, they were strange really. Why was it that some are so composed to try to bury the dead in the same spot? Even in the same general area? It seemed like a rather bothersome and quite frankly, possibly even a rather dismal event. Truly, though! If one were to bury all of one's relatives in the same area, who's to say that one wouldn't run into the trouble of accidentally uncovering someone who'd already been buried who knows how many years ago? No one! Well, of course, that is precisely why most mark where they have buried someone. But it's still a strange concept to Betula. Why wouldn't one just allow Mother Nature to absorb that body where it died? Or for that matter just bury it in any close-by calm place. Wouldn't that be less painful emotionally than having to drag a dead family member to some distant place, just so the corpse can lie next to other related corpses? Wasn't that just a silly idea?

Betula shrugged. He would never understand such a place, but every so often he would wander across a graveyard and he would have to stop and think about it. These thoughts hadn't changed much since the last time he came across one, or the time before that, or the time before that. It had always meant the same amount of nothing to him. All he wanted was to be put up against, near or under a tree when he passed away. And even that was just a little bit of sentimental want to be close to something living in his dying breaths, if he could manage it. After all, if he was dead already, then what did it matter where his lifeless body lay? All the secrets he knew would die with him, and the shell left behind... well that would provide for the next step in the cycle of life.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 pm
Lament moved across the graveyard silently. She could feel the wind whipping through her hair, and through the knotted ropes on her trees. She'd known what they meant from the time she woke back up--they were nooses, used for hanging. They spoke of violent life ended by violent death. The harsh choking cries of someone being ended, of someone being...punished for something.

Her minds went back over the disjointed memories in her mind that had been slowly coming back. She remembered pain, the ache of rope burn on her neck--the strangling feeling of being pulled down...but it had to be all a dream, didn't it? She didn't really know her story, not yet. Had she been bad before? Had she done something horrid? And how...oh how was she alive?

Her eyes glinted over the white stones of graves, of crosses marking the final resting places. Her heart gave a dull ache as if something...or someone was missing, but she didn't know what or who or where or why...

Across the graveyard moved white trees, and she approached warily both compelled by the presence of someone else and ready for flight because she was used to being solitary.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm
Row upon row upon row of these protruding rocks or crosses had Betula staring while his mind pondered his thoughts. He moved slowly, carefully, not really in a rush to get anywhere, just knowing that he was heading through the area, and while here he may as well take a look around. Culture was an interesting being, differed from one Soq, or two-legger, to the next.

Movement up ahead drew his eyes up away from a particularly intricate set of crosses. What he found himself looking at was unexpected, but after the first moment of shock his expression became one of amusement or something similar. Ears perked up, he picked up the pace a little and gently trotted his way over on those dainty cerynei hooves of his.

The mare was a pretty one, though sad looking, but what was most peculiar about her was the tree that held onto her back as if she were it's lifeline. Well, that presumably was the exact reason for it's attachment, but she was a welcome sight none-the-less. He approached her jovially, with a wide smile on his muzzle, but as usual he was silent. He did not offer the first word of introduction but merely came upto her with a small nod of his head and then cocked it to have a better look at her tree, making sure not to seem intrusive or insulting. He was merely curious and admiring, after all.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:15 am
She watched him as he came closer, his white body emblazoned with...birch trees was it? The crimson tears poured down her face, leaving bloody little pathways behind as the tree on her back swayed in it's haunting way. She'd come to think that maybe it was there as a part of some curse--a symbol of some horrid thing she done and needed reminding of. The only problem, of course, was that Lament did not remember.

"Who are you?" she questioned the stallion standing before her, "And what brings you here in a graveyard at this time of night?" She was not use to seeing others wandering in graveyards at night--to her they felt like home, but others often felt...terrified or wary.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:37 pm
His initial assumption seemed to be correct: the tree on this mare's back was holding onto her as its lifeline. It must somehow absorb enough nutrients either from her, or for that matter perhaps just enough exposure to sunlight and oxygen kept it in one piece, though now that he looked at it, he couldn't really be sure if it was still a live tree, it felt... old, at the very least. Some sort of omen, perhaps? He couldn't say.

Turning his direct attention back to the mare the cerynei straightened up and matched her dark, crying eyes with his lilac ones. Respectful and slightly concerned at the blood, he answered, "My name is Betula. I am somewhat alike to those that lie here. Each one holds secrets never to be told again... I am a Secret-Keeper." A small pause, and though he normally would have left it there, he could not hold his tongue, gingerly he pressed, "Are you alright?" Though there could be more said... he felt uncomfortable directly confronting her about her tears of crimson, but he did allow his gaze to follow the trail before looking back into her eyes. He wondered what had happened to this mare, but knew it was not his place to ask. He stood calmly looking up at her tall frame, inviting conversation if she wished to have it.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 am
For a moment, Lament just listened to him. It felt strange to talk to someone again, very strange indeed. She blinked slowly, trying to bring clarity to her mind. "I am called Lament. I once had another name...I think, but it is lost as is all my past. The questions I see in your eyes, I cannot answer. I do not know the answers myself."

She tilted her head, "Why come where there are none to tell you secrets to keep though? Isn't that against what you need?" She didn't know if she was being rude, she admired straight-forwardness and she thought it was unkind to waste another's time too much. "Or am I interring with your secrets, she asked sincerely.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 am
He nodded almost regally as she spoke. She was lost to the depths of time and memory. Betula did not envy her position, though he could also say that he knew a few individuals that would gladly take such an opportunity should they be presented with it. Some burdens were too heavy for one individual to carry. Betula knew of many such examples.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Lament. Perhaps your past will one day be found, should you want to look for it." He meant it as respectfully as he could, showing that he understood that some things were better off buried or forgotten.

Betula chuckled warmly, his ears flicking easily as she inquired to his being among those that can't share their secrets. It felt like this mare found some sort of... comfort in having conversation. Perhaps it had been a while since her last one. He indulged her happily. "It's not so much that I need the secrets to survive, as... well, I help others carry their secrets. I am the one whom those with burdens can trust." A wider smile as he brushed her concern aside, "You are naught but a pleasure, Lament. You needn't worry."

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:48 am
She couldn't help but give a small smile at Betula. "Why should I not? How can I learn what to do or not to do again? How am I to know who I am without knowing who I was? I don't know if this was voluntary or...not. Sometimes, I think I died.."

She paused for a moment, "I remember a tune just vaguely." She hummed off a few bars of it easily demonstrating it to him, "But I don't recall the words yet or what it all means or where...or what." She considered a moment as the crimson tears rolled down her face, "Tell me Betula...Do you find secrets as well as keep them?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 am
His smile faded a moment as he tried to explain himself, "I only meant that some things are better left forgotten, but I meant no disrespect. But I have to agree with you, I believe it is best to learn from the past, so I believe I would be searching for my past if I were in your place." Shaking his head as he brushed this drab feeling away, he straightened his expression to one a little more serious. It felt strong, being brave for her to show her that he was not afraid and neither should she be.

Cautiously he responded to her request, "I believe I can help you find what you do not know... But you must be certain." The cerynei took a step closer stretching his muzzle out closer to hers and expressed with concern, "My mate can find you information, if you're sure you want to know whatever it is that you cannot remember. There is no easy way to forget things, especially when you need to." He paused, looking deep into her eyes, trying to read her as he waited for her to weigh what he offered.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:50 am
She listened to his carefully weighed words and considered them. There would be no going back after this, there would be a time of remembering and a time of not remembering--there would be no undoing it again. But...what good had not knowing done her?

She whispered, "I have to know. I can't live without knowing what my past is, I can't get past it or move on unless I know. There's something important that's missing, I know it." She paused, "Whatever I have to do, I need to know."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 am
He did not move a muscle as she considered his words and eventually responded. He could have fooled a statue that he was one of them. Her response was one from the heart, and in those dark eyes he saw that she did indeed need to know, regardless of the consequences. He could respect that.

Drawing back with a nod, his expression was stern but determined. If this was what she wanted then he would do what he could to help the lost mare. He could not imagine ever not knowing, he shivered at the thought. First things first though, he would have to learn as much as she did remember. That would be where they would start.

"Very well, Lament. If you wish to find what you have lost then I need you to share with me what you do remember. Let's begin with that tune." Nodding encouragement he added, "I'm not much of a singer, but teach it to me. It may prove to be useful."

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 am
Lament listened to him and closed her eyes to try to remember. She began to hum the tune slower than normal at first. All that came to mind was darkness and pain. There were dark eyes and candles and nothing.

The tune haunted her with it's refrain and with the hint of a past she could not remember. It hurt her to think of it--to try to remember and find nothing there. All there was was blackness.

She opened her eyes again, the bloody tears falling down her face. "You can help me then? The song could mean something?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 pm
He listened patiently, perking both his ears towards her, intent on remembering every detail. He somewhat hummed parts of the melody as they came up, as it would help him to remember it better. He didn't think himself a singer of any talent, but his voice was pleasant even in this low hum. It was a voice of a father, and perhaps one day he would be able to share this soothing sound with a child of his own.

Pretty certain that he had most of the song memorized, Betula opened his eyes once more to see several more crimson tears falling from the mare's eyes. He hated to see mares cry. That alone was enough reason for him to want to help her.

Nodding solemnly, Betula confirmed that he would help the mare in any way he could. "I will have to take some time to look around for information. Something seems to be just out of reach of my memory at the moment, but I will do everything within my power to help you find your past, Lament." He bowed his head, to show that he was serious and quite certain. "Is there anything else I should know before I being my search?"

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm
As she hummed the haunting refrain with her closed eyes, the world swirled beneath her lids. Dark and intangible fringes of smoke swirled and coursed around her waiting for things to happen and take shape of the memories lurking just beyond her reach.

She heard distantly Betula asking her the questions, but the lilting refrain lingered still in her mind and words spilled from her lips like blood the night it had happened.

Whispy shadows, angered ghosts--tormentors come for her. And sweet child gone....the pain, the blood---the shame of what it all meant. Bloodied and beaten looking into his eyes knowing...he would take care of it.

"He would take care of it," she opened her eyes just realizing that she had been actually speaking. How much had she really said? What words had she formed?

"I remember the heavy feeling of a fall and swinging, never able to break free. Reaching for....him? But I could never touch. Never reach."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games