Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:07 am
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 am
Parvaneh had received permission from her father to spend the morning hunting. She didn't normally go out by herself, but today she wanted a bit of peace and quiet from her large family. There had been several successful kills before she decided to hunt for herself. Nearing noon Parvaneh had dragged her gazelle into the shade of a tree to eat. She ate slowly to avoid making herself sick in the heat.

Traveling for miles now, Hesper was absolutely starving. Still with no where to go and nothing to really do other than live, the newly release lioness was trying to learn everything she possibly could in order to live a decent life in the lands of the rogue. Taking a deep breath in, she could smell the faint scent of another lion. Perhaps this was her chance at finding out more information or even finding something to do with herself.

Squinting cyan colored eyes, the dark pelted lioness caught sight of a few trees. Perhaps the other lion had taken refuge in the shade for awhile? She decided that was a decent observation and loped her way over. If no one was there, well, she could enjoy the shade herself for awhile before continuing on her travels.

Parvaneh was well into her meal when the sound of footsteps caught her attention. She looked up and licked her lips clean. Meeting a Pad with blood in her lips wasn't a good idea. The dark lioness had to wait awhile before the source came into view. It wasn't a Pad after all, but another lioness. Instantly Parvaneh assumed she belonged to a Pad and smiled.

"Hello there. You must be hot out there. Please come into the shade. You're pelt is very pretty, but I don't recognize it. Who's Banu or Beybanu are you?" She watched the other with polite interest.

Only offering a small smile, Hesper stared for several seconds at the meal that Parvaneh was enjoying. Almost mesmerized by the beautifully juicy looking flesh, the lioness missed the question the other posed. That was until she felt the other watching her. Politely of course... but still watching.

"Ah... Um, sorry. I must look rude. Been... having trouble hunting." Assuming she had been speaking of her hunt, Hesper tried her best to chime in. Maybe this lioness would help her out? She had been having trouble after all. He had made her lazy, doing everything for her like he had. She needed to relearn everything...

"Umm, I am Hesper, by the way."

"Oh no! It's rude of me not to offer. Come and help yourself then. I've already had enough." Parvaneh eyed Hesper critically. Yes she did look a bit thin. "Pardon my asking, but since its just us out here.... Has your Pad not been taking care of you? And who is he, if you don't mind my asking." She flicked her tail. She knew how lucky she was to have her kind father.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hesper. My Pad is my father Misilivuma. I'm Parvaneh."

Ears perked almost immediately at the offering of food and almost too quickly, Hesper got back on her feet to dig in. However, this lioness asked her something strange, causing her to stop before she had even begun digging in. Pad... What in the world was a pad. Something strange that was part of the rogue lands? He had never spoken of such things... and... No. Something was odd.

"Pad..." Pausing for a moment Hesper tried desperately to figure out what in the world that was. And then she spoke again, telling her of her own Pad... Parvaneg's father. Perhaps... a pad was a male lion in some sort of slang language.

"He... Never gave me his name. I-I..." Suddenly fearful of what might be going on, Hesper chose to stay dumb and play along. Perhaps this would keep her alive the longest... and fed.

Parvaneh smiled sweetly as the other came over to join her. It was nice to have company out here as unexpected as it was. The hesitation and uncertainy though got her attention. Everyone knew who their Pad was. How could you function without knowing? What if another Pad asked who yours was? The only explanation Parvaneh could come up with was a new lioness to the pride.

"I'd suggest you learn his name if you don't know it. That could help keep you out of trouble with other Pads. Are you new to the pride? You'll want to be careful then and make sure its ok with him that you're out and about alone." Parvaneh stretched and purred softly to sooth the other lioness. "It really isn't that bad you know. Most Pads are nice as long as you listen to them and do what they say. I can be your friend if your lonely too! This is your home now."

Hesper had to fight her sudden surge of emotions when she was informed of just where she was. A pride? She wandered into a pride? What happened if it was hostile? And what was this about getting into trouble with other pads and making sure to get an okay for her own pad? Confused, Hesper took a bite of food and chewed slowly, mulling over possibilities.

As she finished, Hesper came to a conclusion. This pride she was in right now... It was full of males that enslaved and thought less of the females. A disgusting thing to even think about! Cyan eyes looked to green. She wanted to know more.

"Thank you..." Acting the part of a scared new lioness, Hesper found she was able to get more information out of Parvaneh. Perhaps she could continue this act and learn more... She had to be able to do something to save the lioness here. Just thinking back to how she lived with... him... She didn't want to think of how these lioness were being oppressed.

"C-can you tell me about this place?"

She looked on her new friend with a happy smile. Some were just so scared and some very rebelious. Parvaneh hoped she could help make Hesper's transition that much easier. Of course she didn't know the other wouldn't be staying. For awhile the black female let her eat. Turning to the watch the lands and animals before her.

"You're most welcome." Parvaneh gave a happy sigh and half closed her eyes. Where could she start about her home? "Well I guess the most important is the Pads. That's any adult male by the way. A young male is a Pesar. We still have to listen to them. There's the Sultan, and Emir, and three Viziers. They rule the pride, but really each Pad protects his females. Every Pad as a Beybanu which is his main female and rules his harem of Banu. Watch out for the Kajira though. Those lionesses haven't learned their place yet and have it harder than us."

Listening intently to Parvaneh, Hesper grew more and more restless with her words. This place... One male didn't rule over one female... No, they were greedy. They ruled over many. That... that was downright disgusting. At least he hadn't done that to her. No, he just ruled over her and made damned sure she didn't do something he disliked.

"Parvaneh, He... never told me the name of our lands. What is it?" Hesper needed to know now. She had to, what with all that was going on. Warning all of these lands was a must. Waiting for her reply, Hesper took one last bite of food, chewed and swallowed. This was absolute craziness. How could any lioness be happy here?

"...I should go soon, before he gets mad, but... I want to see you again. Here. I-I... will make sure to learn quickly." Standing slowly, the celestial pelted lioness watched her 'friend', worried for her lack of care and understanding in what freedom was. Should she try to save her?

Possibly... I will need to have another meeting...

"Thank you again, Parvaneh."

"Oh dear." Parvaneh shook her head. "It's the Ukuucha'Wafalme. If you have any questions you can always talk to your Pad's Beybanu. She'll know everything." She giggled softly. "Alright, but you can always see me at the dens. I really don't come out here often. That's good Hesper. I wouldn't want you in any trouble."

She gave the stary lioness a quick cuddle then bounded to her feet. "I should try to get a bit more hunting in before I go back. Take care! and you're welcome." With a beaming smile, Parvaneh bounded away into the bush. Her tail giving a last wave before disappearing.

"Eh, I enjoy being out here... Helps clear my head. Thank you again and good luck on your hunting adventures. See you again soon." Smiling, the lioness moved away from what she assumed to be the heart of the pride. Wouldn't want to get caught in this dreadful place. Not until she had back-up anyway...

And thus, the lone wandered was given a renewed purpose. One created through curiosity, and her own sense of well being for others. Or more likely... her own selfish feelings.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces