Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 pm
What Cetus didn't realize about the Moteore Freezelands was that they were cold. Very, very cold. Had she realized this very obvious verity, she wouldn't have agreed to scout the frosted over forests and lakes, nor would she also have gotten herself lost with only her senior shiny Marowak for companionship. A blizzard hit the hour before, winds harsh enough to batter her stiff, pale form and tug her Pokeball belt from her waist. It went flying into the thicket of snow blanketed trees and Cetus, concentrated more on not freezing to death, didn't realize it come loose.

It was not until she found shelter in a cave and emerged after the cold torrent's passing did she realize she only had one Pokeball on hand. Panic set in, as did fear for her tool's lives, until she decided to be the hero and search for them. She wanted her search to be quick and simple, even letting out her only Pokemon on hand to be an extra pair of eyes, but Thanih al Naamat slowed her down terribly. The cranky Pokemon, considering he was a Ground-type, didn't fair well in the horrible weather. His hip pained more and every two steps typically lead to a single stumble back.

"C'mon, Thanih, pick up the pace," Cetus huffed, a puff of smoky white floating from her mouth. "The quicker we find it, the quicker I can return you to your Pokeball."

"Maro, Marowak!" he cried, shaking his femur walking cane at her. She was such a careless and cold shouldered human. Thanih always wondered why he ever chose to stay. He always had the chance to leave. Hell, even now, he could-

"Thanih, c'mon!"

"Marowak!" Thanih hobbled faster after her, ignoring the pain pulsating in his right side. That's right, he could never leave. She needed him more than she realized.

"Thanih! Oh Arceus, hurry up!" Never mind, she might fair well without him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 pm
Unknown to Sienna, she was not the only one on the Moteore Freezelands who did not realize how cold the land truly was. With her team all weak to Ice attacks, save for Kipper, she had to return them to their pokeballs. Her usually energetic Psyduck was unusually quiet from the cold, and struggled, waddling through the deep snow with his trainer.

"" Quacked the psyduck. Although she couldn't completely understand him, she knew he was not happy with the weather, and neither was she. They didn't exactly have winter gear packed away, she hadn't counted on it being this cold...Stupid mistake. The bird keeper was lucky to have had her jacket stuffed at the bottom of her pack. The gloves and boots she always wore helped a little, too.

"It'll be alright boy, we could be out of here sooner than-" Sienna was interrupted mid-sentence by falling face first into the snow. She stood up, teeth-chattering, and brushed herself off, "W-what was-s t-that?" Sienna stooped down and picked up the object she had tripped on. A pokeball? Was it an item capsule, or a pokemon in there? It didn't look like and item capsule, but when she threw it, no pokemon appeared. "Weird." She remarked and clipped it to her belt, among her own pokeballs.

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm
Mid-way through their aimless trek through the thicket of countless trees, Thanih paused mid-totter and turned his bony head to the audible cacophony of voices. Cetus turned when she didn't hear her Marowak's missteps and tilted her head.

"What? Do you hear something?" she asked, drawing her eyes over her Marowak's red streaked face. "It's probably just another Pokemon, don't worry about it. Come on."

Marowak didn't budge. He kept his slanted eyes concentrated on the canopy of snow smothered evergreens, searching for something -- anything -- that might answer the matter for a potential battle. Even in the frosty cold of northern Zatao, the elderly Marowak burned with the passion for a fight. . . even when he'd likely get his a** kicked due to a type disadvantage.

Cetus huffed again, threaded over towards him, and bent down to tug him along. The shiny senior responded by clunking her across the head, driving her into the snow.

"You old bonehead!" she bellowed, a four cornered vein forming to the side of her head. "How about I knock you to the side of the head-"

"Marowak!" Thanih cried and held out his free paw to her, which caused her to silence. The voices sounded louder. Tracking the sound with his hidden ears, the Marowak than launched his femur into the trees in an impressive Bonemerang. If it was a Pokemon and looking for a battle, he'd have the upper hand.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:50 pm
The tree line! That must be the way out, Sienna thought. "C'mon Kipper!" She made a dash for the line of evergreens, Kipper suddenly shooting ahead of her. "No flying!" She called ahead. The psyduck suddenly had a burst of energy and practically skid across the top of the snow.

"" Kipper frantically skittered towards the trees when suddenly - WHAM. He was hit square in the forehead with an extremely hard object. The duck pokemon did a backflip in the air, then landed in the freezing snow. "Duuuuuck," He groaned from the trees.

"Kipper?" Sienna called, "What was - woah!" Sienna was nearly struck by the large bone as it decended from the air. She feel sideways into the snow, narrowly out of the object's way. It stuck upwards in the snow, a little ways away from her. She stared at it and then remembered her pokemon's cry. "Kipper!" She quickly rose from the snow and ran to the trees.

The psyduck was a wriggling mass of yellow feathers in the snow and evergreen needles. "What happened to you?" She scooped him out of the snow and carried him through the trees. Upon exiting the line of evergreens, she spotted a green pokemon, and what she assumed was it's trainer. "Um, hi! Did you throw something? Like...A bone?" She questioned.

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm
A person! It was the first and last thing Cetus had wanted to see at that moment. Thanih, however, catching his mistake, staggered over with great difficulty before obtaining his only item for balance. He pressed all his wait onto it, leaning haphazardly onto his side, as he took the moment in stride. Finally, a moment to rest. He was quite relieved this human and her Psyduck just so happened to show up. Without the duo, he would have likely walked until his joints broke.

"Oh, uh, no . . . that . . . wasn't me." Cetus answered, smoothing a hand over her head where the same bone was hit against her noggin. "It was um, Thanih here. Apologize."

"Marowak." Thanih replied, looking away into the opposite distance from whence he and Cetus came. Though not understandable to humans, the Marowak actually said, "idiot." His statement was mostly directed towards the Psyduck, who looked pathetic in Sienna's arms. However, to Cetus, it translated into an indifferent, "Sorry."

"There, good." Cetus said, than sighed. Considering her predicament, the only option the grunt had was to request assistance. "Hey. So I've got a bit of a problem. A blizzard past through the area a while ago and I lost my Pokeball belt in the storm. I had about . . . five other Pokemon on hand besides, y'know, him." She cocked her chin towards Thanih. "Think you can help me find it? Though I don't want to, y'know, distract you if you're on a journey or something."  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 pm
On the other hand, Sienna was more than happy to have run into another person. Kipper wiggled out of her arms at the Marowak's comment. "
"S'alright, Kipper can take a hit, he seems more than fine," She laughed, as he ruffled his feathers. She listened to the other trainer's predicament. "Sure we can help, I have a party of four and they're all birds. I can have them scout from the air for them," Sienna reached for her belt, "Although, yeah, we are sort of on a journey and I've grounded all of them for misbehaving, but it seems like an emergency situation so I'll let them fly around and look for your pokeballs,"

The bird keeper tossed up the four pokeballs, a Pidgeot, Murkrow, and Swablu appeared in separate flashes of red light. The last pokeball landed flat in the snow. "Oh, yeah, I tripped over that ball actually! Wouldn't happen to be your's, would it?"

"I'm Sienna by the way, and this is Frey," The Pidgeot nodded in the other trainer's direction, realizing he was being introduced, "Enide," The crow pokemon wasn't paying attention and was digging in the snow, "Skylar," quickly flew onto his trainer's head, "and the little Psyduck is Kipper,"

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm
Thanih glared at the Psyduck. "" he glared, shaking his bone club at the Water-type. ""

Cetus quirked a brow at her Marowak, than stepped back a bit when three feathered fiends drifted into the air. Dear Arceus. They reminded her of Deneb Algenubi the Pidgeot, her first Pokemon. He absolutely hated her and, unsurprisingly, the feeling wasn't mutual or one-sided. Still they'd be a great asset on finding her missing Pokemon, especially when one seemed to be traversing about outside their Pokeball.

"It's a possibility," the older woman answered, striding forward and digging the ball out of the snow with a gloved hand. "Though . . . it's empty. I guess one of them is milling about in the cold. Oh goodness . . . " She hoped it wasn't her bird Pokemon, but also feared it might be one of the others. Cetus was fine with either Deneb Kaitos or Schemali being the missing Pokemon, considering they most likely had enough sense to find their way back to her. Mira was a bit worrisome, considering her timid nature. She was on likely to sit and wait than venture and search. The worst of them all was likely Menkar, her Tentacruel, who had . . . separation issues. The moment he were to find out he beloved trainer was missing . . . well, the Lake of Rage would freeze over.

"I'm . . . " Name . . . name! Like hell Cetus was going to tell the opposing trainer her real name. Suddenly, she spat out the only thing that came to mind. "C-Claramay. My name is Claramay and this is Thanih."  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:33 pm
Kipper glared back, but did have the sense to hold his tongue. This old guy was mean! The psyduck fluffed his feathers and sat in the snow, staring down the older pokemon.

Had Sienna the ability to raise her eyebrows individually, she would have. What's with them? She didn't have time to question it further, "Oh, I hope whoever it is, that they're alright. What kind pokemon do you have?"

"Nice to meet you then, Claramay! Thanih wouldn't happen to know and fire-type moves, would he? We could try and clear away some snow, grab some branches and make a fire, you sound cold!"

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm
Cetus blinked. Thanih could learn Fire-types moves? Guess that statement an individual learns something new everyday was pretty accurate. "I really . . . don't know." Cetus replied, tilting her head to the Ground-type. "Do you know any Fire-type moves, Thanih?"

The Marowak shook his head. Wasn't that something she should already know? "Marowak," he answered with the gesture, confirming her inquiry.

"Well, um, there's a few," she said, fixing the empty Pokeball into her winter vest's pocket and counting her Pokemon off her fingers. "There's Schemali, a Purrloin, Mira, a Pikachu . . . Deneb Algenubi, my Pidgeot, Menkar the Tentacruel and Deneb Kaitos, my Milotic. That's all of them."

"Marowak," Well, besides Thanih of course.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 am
"Hm, too bad about the fire then, doubt we could get anything going without a pokemon's help, with all this snow," Sienna rubbed the back of her head.

Sienna nodded, "Hopefully most of them are still in their pokeballs," She turned to her team, and grabbed Skylar off her head, setting him down with the other birds. "Did you guys get all that? She's lost her team in the snowstorm and we need you to fly around and look for them. One seems to be out of their pokeball,"

Frey took off first, not wanting to waste any time. He hadn't flown in awhile, and it felt great despite the cold. But at the same time the sooner he found these missing pokeballs and pokemon, the sooner he'd get back to his warm pokeball.

"" Kipper took off after Frey, not wanting to look weak at all. "Krow?" They were looking for things? She was good at finding things! Sienna noticed her pokemon's questioning look. She pulled out a pokeball, "Looking for four of these, okay? Go fly around and see if you can find them," The murkrow was off in a blur of black feathers. Skylar stayed, nervously shuffling in the snow. He didn't want to go by himself!

Sienna's face softened, he was the baby of the group after all. "Skylar can stay and help us look closer to here, could you show us where about you were when the storm hit?" That could be a hard spot to find, but hopefully the other trainer at least had an idea.

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:44 am
Cetus grimaced under the weight of their predicament, casting her upset glance down towards her Marowak. Though she didn't outright state it, he could read her scrunched-up expression like an open book. You're more useless than I thought you to be. If he had a nickel for every single moment he's heard that statement, he'd be a damn millionaire. Thanih pressed his weight onto his bone club, favoring his left side with twisted annoyance as his eyes fluttered down. He'd been in the cold for too long and his muscles were taking the torture like steadfast soldiers. Still, there was an aching pain he couldn't deny. Though he completely despised being in his prison cell called a Pokeball, he couldn't deny his want to return to it as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, knowing Cetus, she wouldn't give him that grace unless every last member of her team was found.

For a fraction of the moment, he allowed one eye to flick open and watch Kipper scramble off. Closing it again, he snorted and a double wisp of white blew from his nostrils. He didn't have a point to prove, but eh, let the Psyduck live up to whatever expectations he wanted.

Cetus twisted her lips up in thought, sketching thoughts in the wide expanse of sky above as white as a slice of paper. Finally, she drew her gaze down and nudged her head behind her. "It'll be hard to find, but I came from this way. There was a cave I took shelter in while I waited for the blizzard to pass. It wasn't far from where I lost my belt . . . I think." She took a step forward and the snow crunched under her standard issue Galactic grunt boots. "C'mon, I'll lead the way."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 am
Skylar fluttered to her shoulder, keeping close to the side of her head as they started walking. Sienna didn't mind this at at all, his fluffy little body was now keeping her head comfortably warm. He was now her personal head warmer, although the other side of her head was unevenly cold. The bird keeper still cursed at herself for not packing real winter clothes. At least her birds themselves had feathers, even if they were weak to ice, they were warm.

"Sounds good, I hope we can find it soon," Sienna remained chipper, although chances of actually finding the belt right away in all this snow and ice were extremely slim. Skylar liked the sound of finding whatever they were looking for soon. Even with his feathers it was cold, and they were in such an open space! It was kind of scary to the small, timid bird.

"So how come you guys came through this way anyways?" Sienna inquired. She would never pass up a chance to make a new friend, and they might be searching for awhile so there wasn't any hurt in asking about the other trainer.

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 am
Cetus didn't reply with anything, but she shared the same hope. Who knows where in the wide expanse of frozen wasteland her belt could be? Its unknown where exactly the before blizzard took it, but whether it be near or far, the blanket of blown over snow concealed it from the duo's eyes. It was going to be an arduous search and the grunt really wasn't in the mood to do so.

The impromptu question caused Cetus to stall in her tracks. Why exactly was she out there, other than from scouting, of course. She just couldn't come out and say she was a crime syndicate underling following orders from her higher-ups, so she prepared a completely fake lie, and told it as convincingly as she possibly could.

"Oh, I'm looking for an Ice-type Pokemon." she said, turning her head over her shoulder and smiling to the bird keeper. "I want to vary my team. Thinkin' about challenging the Katarina gym leader."

Mat huffed at her lie, stabbing his bone club walking stick into the snow with a mushy crunch with each step. His trainer is a terrible battler. Like hell she would survive against a gym leader.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 am
Skylar shifted so his wings were cradling his trainer's head. The heat coming off it was also providing him warmth. "Ahh, so warm, thanks Skylar!" Sienna said, happy for her new and improved Swablu-hat. The lie was near undetectable to Sienna, who was generally rather gullible unless a lie was blatantly obvious.

"That's really neat! Any kind of Ice pokemon in particular you were hoping to find?" The girl questioned further. She missed the Katrina gym sometimes, it was her home as a gym leader assistant for some time. She wondered how the gym leader, Luna, was doing. The bird keeper should probably challenge the gym leaders, since she wanted to be one herself she could use the badges as clear indicators that she was worthy of being a gym leader herself!

That was a bit of a touchy topic in her heart at the moment though, having recently been defeated in a tournament where the 'prize' was a position as a gym leader. Sometimes having only bird pokemon was tough, but Sienna stuck with it.

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

radish

Crew

Regal Himedere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:10 am
"Oh, anything," Cetus replied, nearly adding on, "-better than a shiny Marowak" when she caught the stern sideways glare her Ground-type gave her. She withheld the words simply to not come off as a jerkwad, though she would've followed up the statement with a few choice words to Mat if the duo were alone together.

Mush, crunch, crunch, mush, crunch. "So, why are you all the way out here? Searching for Pokemon too?" Crunch, mush, mush, crunch. "It's rare to see people out here . . . considering it's so far from civilization. And cold, can't forget that."  
Wilderness

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff