Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu Yu Hakusho Battle Universe RPG

Back to Guilds

...Now that the next Makai Tournament is about to begin..what will our heros do? 

Tags: Yu Yu hakusho, roleplay, battle fighting, makai tournament, Anime manga Kurama 

Reply General discussions. Anything that is NOT rp-related goes HERE!
The art corner Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina-dono
Captain

Dedicated Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:16 am
User Image
It seems many of you are interested or involved in art,so I made this topic.
Here you can show off some of your latest drawings,your favorite ones, give some tips,or request critique.

I think it's really interesting to find out what inspired an artist to draw one picture,or what technique was used.

General discussions about art take place here.
-Can include all sorts of crafting as well (plush making,costumes,accesorsies etc.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 am
User Image

Title: This....... ( probably will end up as a poster for the upcoming convention..that if I actually finish it. Either that or it goes straight to the doodle dump.. )

Time take: hmm...about an hour and a half

Tools /Program/s:Genius (frozen) tablet, Paint tool Sai.

Additional notes:
When I wanted to draw this, my tablet was literally FROZEN ...no,not that 'windows freeze' but the physical state of frozen neutral
It seems the temperatures were so low that day,that it had an upper layer of thin ice formed on it.....
I almost had a heart attack when seeing that and prayed to God for it not to be dead.... but it eventually started working after having it wiped properly and warmed up a little crying

Ok..in this picture you can see 2 characters that I'm using in my soon to be published manga..around April or so *cough* ..if my editor finds out I'm posting spoilers on the internet I can expect as much as from a kick in the @ss to a pushing down the stairs.... *shudders* aaanyway,moving on.
This isn't even finished...and I have no idea if it will ever be. I might force myself to eventually have this look more decent.
As you can see,the guy is only base colored so far..and I have to do something about that wannabe future gun thing he's holding... and also the dudette's hand........Mother of God..the hands...... I could NEVER figure them out.... I've been trough 2 years of art school (but frankly didn't learn anything from there...) and 2 years of anatomy...and I should be at least knowing proportions and stuff,given that I actually know how and where each bone of the body is bound..
This is a complete mystery to me...

Anyway,this is a basic,messy cell shading. I've been into cell shading for some time now,after having used mostly soft shading in the past 2 years.
Ever since I found paint tool Sai and the HOLLY STABILIZER my life has changed...
Thank you Paint tool Sai! neutral

Hmm...should also do something about the girl's hair...and his face...and everything in general.
*sigh*  

Yukina-dono
Captain

Dedicated Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Otome Picasso
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm
User Image

Title:...eeeh Youko Kurama sketch?.... Pickin' daisies!!

Time: ...a.....long time... let's just say I did an all-nighter for this drawing. But if I had to guess...I'll say I worked on and off on it for about 6 hours? inking included

Tools: Pen and ink on paper

Additional Notes:
This drawing refers back to fangirl incident in the Why humans are stupid chat...Youko (Kurama) had fled to a bushel of man-eating daisies to escape the raving fan-girls, and I attempted to draw him while throwing sketchbooks at the fan-girls, shooing them away so that I could complete my drawing...This is the result.

=>Also,It's not quite complete..The background of daisies are missing and I intend to give some, but I shall do that in my coloring stage (yes I will be putting this into color, so this might turn up again later)

Thanks Kurama!! You're such an awesome model!

I Spirit Fox Kurama I

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 pm
Well, Mine isn't near as good as the ones posted, but I suppose I'll post it anyways. It was based off of a 1 x 1 role play a while back, which is why it's red haired Kurama with Youko ears.

The girl is just an OC, so don't feel obligated to know her. xD

It's a large picture, so I'll post the url, if anyone is interested in seeing it... sweatdrop

Click  

blood_red_night

Shameless Ladykiller

KaraTails
Crew

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:22 pm
User Image
~ Kara the Fire Dragon ~

I am terribly pleased with having made a spiffy new post format featuring Kara. 8D Isn't she cute?
Photoshop CS5, Wacom tablet. Swirls in wings were a brush found on dA  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 pm
blood_red_night
Well, Mine isn't near as good as the ones posted, but I suppose I'll post it anyways. It was based off of a 1 x 1 role play a while back, which is why it's red haired Kurama with Youko ears.

It's a large picture, so I'll post the url, if anyone is interested in seeing it... sweatdrop

Click

I love your style! ^--^ The figures are quite poetic in their stances... And the way you've done the roses look effortlessly done in their impressionistic rendering. I'd love to see more of your work, so don't be shy!

And Kara,The wings are very cool! They look like erupting lava 3nodding , and so do the flames on the tail!  

Otome Picasso
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200

KaraTails
Crew

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:44 pm
Otome Picasso
blood_red_night

Click

I love your style! ^--^ The figures are quite poetic in their stances... And the way you've done the roses look effortlessly done in their impressionistic rendering. I'd love to see more of your work, so don't be shy!

And Kara,The wings are very cool! They look like erupting lava 3nodding , and so do the flames on the tail!

Kara Madora
User Image
~ Kara the Fire Dragon ~

Thank you. She's directly based off my current avi, so I was going more for flame wings, but lava is still awesome. 8D
Oh man all these amazing artists are making me envious. So much talent.
(I had a terrifying moment in the making of this when I had thout I had erased my entire custom swath library. Got it back though. I loves my pretty custom colors

(BLARG. I hate how close the edit is to quote. D8 I'll get this right eventually.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm
Otome Picasso
User Image

*chokes on tea* (bad idea of taking a sip while going trough this topic...I keep doing this OTL )
....Mother of God.......the.....anatomy! D:
It's ....brilliant....
Looking at this reminds me I fail =))))))))))) rofl xd
I don't think I'll ever get the chance to do realism/ half-realism pictures ..

blood_red_night

heart heart

Kara Madora
User Image
~ Kara the Fire Dragon ~

Awww heart heart *Pinches Kara's cheeks*  

Yukina-dono
Captain

Dedicated Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Korean_Seokwon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:18 am
Otome Picasso
User Image

Oh my sexy darling angle you draw sooooooo awesomely!!!!!! <3
How did you become my fave person on Gaia so fast? Hehe.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am
Amena-artist of angels-

RichKim21

A few hours later:

classified_fu
Color...*wheeze*... version ...*wheeze*...Finished

Media Revision: Copic marker, pen, on paper
Time Taken:...* burning_eyes *

Description: 'Daisies on steroids'....one daisy is actually pumping its leaf muscle... v.v Why did I do that? no one will ever know...even I don't understand my reasoning...

Fun fact: The flower on the left, waving by his leg....dazz me! C=

User Image  

Otome Picasso
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Korean_Seokwon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 am
Otome Picasso
Amena-artist of angels-

RichKim21

A few hours later:

classified_fu

Description: 'Daisies on steroids'....one daisy is actually pumping its leaf muscle... v.v Why did I do that? no one will ever know...even I don't understand my reasoning...

User Image

Oh gosh flower rape. Damn you are even a sexy flower! How you do that girl? Teach me your ways!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 am
Otome Picasso
Amena-artist of angels-

RichKim21

A few hours later:

classified_fu

User Image
User Image
~ Kara the Fire Dragon ~

gonk So amazing. *pets/envies/worships*  

KaraTails
Crew

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200

KaraTails
Crew

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm
User Image
Finished this realism experiment today. Not sure how exactly to do Kara's wavy hair  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm
Kara Madora
User Image
Finished this realism experiment today. Not sure how exactly to do Kara's wavy hair

Very lovely! She's quite beautiful! And Hair can be a bit difficult, but I think this is a great description to how her hair is.  

Otome Picasso
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200

KaraTails
Crew

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm
User Image
Not completely finished. I still need to color it. But I imagine Suzaku and Murugu had a very close friendship with eachother.
Additionaly, have a plush Murugu. She is a modified Dr Suess plush. I made her to go with my Suzaku cosplay
User Image  
General discussions. Anything that is NOT rp-related goes HERE!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games