[J] Illumin :: Light Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 pm
This is the Journal for Edelsteine Illumin, the Piercing Radiance. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of Sosiqui.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Post 1 - Introduction
Post 2 - The Host
Post 3 - The Light
Post 4 - The Others
Post 5 - Servants
Post 6 - Followers
Post 7 - Imagery
Post 8 - Works of Glory
Post 9 - Memories
Post 10 - The Temple
Post 11 - Offerings
Post 12 - Quest Log
Post 13 - Ending
Post 14 - The Land of OOC

And how I've loved and I have served, and I have sinned but I have learnt
As long as you are true to the life that you live, this is the time to feel love
I feel a stirring deep within, slowly picking up momentum
Like the tide coming in to shore, over and under in its course
This feeling emblazed inside
Every nerve like a firefly
Hovering above me
Glow, glow, glowing, divine.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 pm

There's a requiem, a new congregation
And it's telling me go forward and walk under a brighter sky
Every nerve glowing like a firefly.

Image Song: Euphoria (Firefly) by Delerium

Personality: Illumin has gone through many shifts has he has grown: from a cocky, vain god to his current state, a gentle yet bold protector, no longer held apart but fully integrated into the lives of those around him. Gehenna cracked him open, and healing was a long time coming... but it came, at the hand of a dear friend.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Naturally, Illumin adores the light, reveling in his own element. He quite appreciates creatures who also share his love for light, especially moths, who hold special affinity with him - though now some of his retinue have departed for the court of his daughter Callisto, who is the Goddess of Moths.

In the past Illumin was big on emphasizing his godhood, with all the glories and trappings accorded to them. He viewed such things as his due. Now, he has all those things - followers, a temple of sorts in a town dedicated to his worship and glory - but his attitude towards them has vastly changed. He no longer feels entitled, but treats his followers with gratitude and mercy, living together with them in a symbiotic relationship. Of course, he does like his luxuries, and now that good things are much more widely available, he feels he can accept lavish offerings without guilt... but also without greed.

Illumin's attitude towards his fellow deities is similar. He has several close friends, though he no longer goes out of his way to make friends with as many gods as he can - he has much to do in maintaining his lands and serving as a good and kind god to his followers. He won't set his hand against another deity unless they give him a reason to do so. If someone does give offense, however, Illumin does not easily forgive - it's one of his old failings that he's never quite managed to get rid of.

Illumin loves the light, but also the Light, which he embodies. Now, though, he has come to welcome other aspects of his element. Light is the opposite of shadows, the breaking of the darkness, the illumination of truth and the clarity of complete knowledge - but it is also warmth, life, the nurturing of growth and restoration of hope. Illumin detests secrecy, spying, concealment and deviousness; he loves forthright truth, revelation, and straightforward cunning. He values generosity, kindness, and other traditionally 'light'-aspected behaviors.

In Short: Light Transformed; warm and gentle, nurturing and attuned to the worlds around him, open to all aspects of his element. Still a little spoiled, but only a little.

Likes: Attention and adoration, candles, lanterns, luxurious/beautiful things, catnaps, moths, honey, light foods, flaky pastries, hot baths, harp music, lots and lots of warm sunlight/candlelight/lantern light/firelight/electric light/etc. Also enjoys research (as long as it's not too hard), seeking truth, and prying quietly into mysteries and secrets, though always in a straightforward way and NEVER by means of spying or sneaking around.

Dislikes: Darkness/shadows, pickled foods, insinuations against his personal honor and trust, guilt/people preying on past sins, being dirty/ill-kempt.

Current Powers: As a fully-ascended deity, Illumin's abilities are at their peak.

Illumin is invulnerable to light and its negative effects - he cannot be blinded, sunburned, etc. He can look directly into any light source, no matter how intense, without ill effects.

Radiance: Illumin glows constantly; the light he produces includes all the visible spectrum of colors. Unless he is very aware/concentrating on dampening his brightness, this glow is too powerful for mortal eyes to look upon without causing at least temporary blindness. At his full excitement and radiance, his glow is blinding to any except other deity stages (who might need to squint, pending their own domain).

Create Brilliant: As Light itself, Illumin can create light from nothing. He can physically touch it and mold it, and any ambient light in a room tends to shift in his direction when he enters. He can create all types of light, both visible and invisible, from sunlight to infrared to cauterizing laser-blasts. He can create more 'permanent' balls of light that can be as large as stars, and can last if he spends a great deal of himself. He can make actual stars that will last centuries, but the length and size is proportional to how long and how much he will be fatigued.

Warmth: Light is energy. When energy is expended, part of that expression is the presence of heat. Illumin himself constantly makes areas around him warm. The area is proportional to how much he is glowing, as well as how close any person is standing to him (much like the sun).

Illumin is capable of flight. This flight is faster and more stable in daytime or in areas with a high level of ambient light, as his own personal glow interacts with the light in the air to move him along - such that he's not so much flying through air as he is gliding through the ambient light. His stamina for flight is also higher in that case.

Children: Shortly before his final ascension, Illumin produced two children - Callisto, Goddess of Moths, and Aelius, God of the Sun. He loves his children desperately, and views them as a sign that at last he is bringing something good into this world.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 pm

The Pantheon

Harmodius :: Creation/Destruction - My Lord, my Father, has returned! And yet... the cost was great. I fear to seek Him now, even as I know I must. My part in this must be known, and atonement made...
Lucius :: Universe - Universe, your sin was great - but the end to which it brought you far outstrips what was just and true. I am ill at ease.
Gianfar :: Knowledge - Quiet, and pleasant to be around, eager to share and teach it seems... I will have to have further dealings with him.
Byrne :: Rebirth - Byrne... an exquisite dance, a burning of joy. I pray your domain holds true and that you will dance among us again.
Beryl :: Wind - So domestic and overly mothering... she seems to think she knows what's best for everyone and has the right to discipline those who don't follow her rules. Still, she is forthright and strong, and while I thinks she offends far too easily, she is a good ally.
Eamnonn :: Hunt - Fierce hunter, yet kind beneath his prodigious strength. I think... he is, perhaps, a friend. At the very least, a brother-at-arms.
Melanctha :: Shadow - (...)
Morpheus :: Dream - (...)
Kaelin :: Water - (...)
Revei :: Dream - An ally of old. I heard his creatures echo in my dreams, and in the dreams of mortals. I should meet with him again.
Khiviance :: Love - What form of love are you, Khiviance? When is treachery equal to adoration?
Lisana :: Laughter - (...)
Evadne :: Mountain - (...)
Echo :: Music - A goddess of courage and inspiration in addition to song. She has proven herself a stalwart ally, possessed of a powerful will.
Panacea :: Medicine - Will she ever return? I miss her dearly for all that the time spent apart is now greater than the time spent together. I pray to hear more news of her.
Tilion :: Lunar - My, what a nervous child the host is. The god, who can say? He was not talktative, but he did seem respectful and genial enough. Perhaps a useful ally.
Kishara :: Gaia - Strength and sacrifice... I fear, greatly, the result of all that has happened. She lives, but...
Calico :: Insanity - A confusing creature, but her spirit proved useful when Creation was betrayed.
Nergal :: Underworld - A dignified lord, implacable and serious, single-minded in his goals. Will he sit in judgment over me when all this is over?
Gelezis :: Magnetism - (...)
Desiderio :: Love - Pleasant, and rather more mature than Khiviance, I daresay. I must deal with him further, sound him out more.
Tera-Ilana :: Archery - A sweet babe, most appreciative of Light's beauty.
Caolan :: Suffocation - A somewhat disconcerting child, oddly mature and too canny at times. Still, she is a pleasant young one and I enjoy her company, when she's not confounding me at every turn.
Sh'khin :: Plague - (...)
Hahligil :: Assassination - (...)
Melanthos :: War - (...)
Itztlac :: Night - Of course there are whole herds of centaurs that worship me somewhere where I can't get to them. Naturally. How frustrating. At least the host knew respect. The god... I am not sure about him, just yet.
Karaskis :: Fire - Kindness in unexpected places, and flame to match light when it was sorely needed. I would speak with her again.
Gadriel :: Deception - (...)
Endiovar :: Silence - (...)
Lucidique :: Suffering - (...)
Tien :: Trickery - (...)
Jahara :: Poison - (...)
Phaedra :: Greed - (...)
Chari :: Charity - (...)
Cosine :: Number - (...)
Neva :: Winter - (...)
Dagny :: Science - (...)
Ankou :: Spirit Guide - Underworld's brother, it seems? He sacrificed much to give us a single name, and I thank him for it. Because of him, I may be redeemed...
Tista :: Chance - (...)
Eid :: Oath - (...)
Umbra :: Shadow - (...)
Tajnevaki :: Mystery - (...)
Glaucon :: Judgment - (...)
Glyph :: Forest - A thoughtful and encouraging god. I pray the aborted End did not damage him too badly.
Bazyli :: Famine - (...)
Alazne :: Arcane - (...)
Lacrymosa :: Grief - (...)
Sotiris :: Guardian - (...)
Akakios :: Lament - (...)
Una :: River - (...)
Nixie :: Rain - (...)
Adra :: Forge - (...)
Alecto :: Anger - (...)

The Dragon Kings

Jin Huang :: Futs Lung - (...)
Shenlei :: Shen Lung - (...)
Xuan Yi :: Qian Lung - (...)
Kawagiri :: Ti Lung - (...)
Li Shing :: Chien Tang - (...)
Zhijian :: Ying Long - I didn't think much of his host, but she did learn respect when she discovered the truth of the Edelsteine by force. The King himself... seems pleasant enough, and I would meet with him again if I had the chance. Still, the Dragon Kings are an uncomfortably unknown factor as of yet.
Xia Lu Ling :: Yu Five Claws - (...)
Tian Yue :: Tien Lung - (...)
Zhang Li :: Mang - (...)

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Eibhilin, High Flame: This fearsome-looking being is actually one of the Aoidei, the servants of the gods. She is devoted to Illumin as his first and most trusted servant. Eibhilin, whose name means 'light' in Irish, knows she is frightening but actually has quite a sweet and gentle heart, only allowing herself to give in to her base nature in defense of her lord. If allowed, she'd happily mother Illumin - but as she's not, she settles for taking care of him and his things. She is a caretaker, but when roused she is most fierce in battle. The feral banshee is not to be taken lightly.

Before Illumin faded, she served as his High Flame - his trusted aide when calm, and the leader of his armies in her wrathful banshee form. The light that comforts, and the light that rages both.

Nowadays, though, Eibhilin is mostly warm and friendly, and commonly calls other people (besides Illumin) 'love' and 'honey'. She speaks in a bit of a brogue, and is represented in the color olive.

Eibhilin's Abilities: Constantly floats/flies, melee combat with claws and biting, higher sensitivity of hearing and smell, sonic-disabling banshee scream. Can also make a damn good chicken noodle soup.

Eliam, Lantern-Bearer: This Aoide is Illumin's advisor. Eliam is devoted to Illumin, the only one of his advising Aoidei that did not turn traitor on him in the past. Due to Harmodius' judgement after Gehenna, Eliam took Illumin's burden of judgement upon himself, willingly, and is sealed away for an Age.

Though he finds his lord's attitude on several points to be a bit annoying, he tries to give Illumin the best advice possible, and even to delicately sidestep his orders when he knows it would be the best for their overall cause. He is more formal and diplomatic than Eibhilin, but they work well together as a team.

Eliam's duties in the past, besides advising, were largely diplomatic - designed to increase Illumin's influence and bring more followers to his banner. Eliam carries a lantern with him always. It bears inside a flame of pure light, granted by Illumin, that never goes out.

Eliam's Abilities: Flight, innate charisma, and silver-tongued speech - he can calm and entrance others to a minor degree using his voice.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:34 pm

One day, all the world will remember the power and glory of the True Light...

Plushie 'Followers':
Sosiqui
Draconayzia
chaeval
Meepfur
Mintaka
Eftemie
Perri Indiya
Zero Dream
Ithiltari
Thabara
Merci'
Sizzla
Prolixity
Lady_Ourania
Rhiannon Everwind
mistalina13
Cinderfae
Eirnae Slytherin-Natenhar
Dark_Musashi
Inle-roo
Cerena
SkieBorne
Slander
D Infinity
Vesale
Mireille Lemieux
midnight_medea

Total: 27

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 pm

A mysterious gem... it seems to call to me with a soft light.
I slumber fitfully; I hunger for release. Together we will regain true glory.

At last, this body is mine... it will take some time to fix the remaining imperfections, but I have all the time in the world now. Light walks the earth once more.

The last threads of mortality are gone at last and Light is reborn. Soon all mortals will be unable to deny my rising glory, and my ascension will continue...

User Image
At last, I am become worthy of ascension. I pray to the Twin Crown that I will prove myself better than I was before.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Works of Glory:

Commissioned Artwork - Morph Stage:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Credits: [1] Illumin smiling, by Ivynian; [2] Illumin and Memi/Panacea at the moment of morph, by an unknown artist; [3] Illumin smug, lines by eviktedRei, color by Sosiqui.

Commissioned Artwork - Youth Stage:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Credits: [1] Illumin and chibi, by KosaiYukito; [2] Illumin aglow, by Alienarose; [3] Illumin languid, by Syrie from Ithiltari; [4] Illumin puff'd, by chirigami; [5] Illumin sketch, by LadyMist; [6] Illumin lounging, by bluZeroe; [7] Disgruntled chibi Illumin, by [ P U P P E T ]; [8] Light with Lantern, by Prolixity.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:37 pm

February 13th, 2005 - I came to a strange house and met a goddess named Beryl. Crazy, I know, but true - she proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Could this be what I am searching for?
I've been calling so long - is this at last an answer?

February 15th, 2005 (Calling) - On returning to the house, I briefly met Byrne - and an unusual gem. It shone with a strange light, and... well, I didn't feel very good after all that, like my brain was muddled. Beryl put me to sleep on one of the couches, because I couldn't bring myself to leave. It was so bizzare...
I feel you there. You are mine.

February 16th, 2005 - When I woke up, a god called Harmodius was there! He startled me but treated me kindly... and brought out the Light gem for me to see. Is it really calling me? What do I do if it is?
Light becomes you. Listen to my voice.

February 22nd, 2005 (Accepting the Gem) - I had a strange dream... I had to go to the house, and Beryl helped me... place the gem. There's no going back now.
Two become one.

February 23rd, 2005 - I moved in, I guess. Harmodius made a room, and Lucius helped me move my things, though there weren't many of them. Also, I don't like being called 'Light'. That's not my name...
A kiss?

February 24th, 2005 - The rooms... change. We have a home, or is it a temple?
Light must have a suitable home.

March 15th, 2005 - His name is Illumin... and he's already begun to change me.
What other name should I have?

March 31st, 2005 - Illumin shows me the place he has prepared within my - our - own mind. The subconcious Halls of the Mind.
Whatever else I may do, I always take care of my own.

April 1st, 2005 - We went out today and brought home some 'sprockets'. They're attuned to light, which means Illumin loves them, and named them Glory and Glow.
Mechanical followers! How quaint.

May 12th, 2005 (Merging) - Finally I can rest. I am so tired... I think I really am ready to let Illumin have control at last. Enough fighting.
At last, two become one - and this physical form is mine once again!

August 27th, 2005 - Some more people came, feh. Beryl tried to herd the little lost sheep as usual... maybe it was because of that, because I was tired of letting her get all the attention, that I invited Memi to share my chambers? I hope I won't regret this.

August 31st, 2005 - Memi decided to accept Medicine's call. I hope I won't have cause to regret helping in all this.

((And from there, the story continued... ))

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:38 pm

At the Pharos Beacon:

[image pending]

About the Pharos Beacon: The Pharos Beacon is a large lighthouse on the coast, an hour's flight from the Edelsteine shop. It is a graceful structure, made of white stone and taller than anything else for miles around. The tower is a graceful upward spiral of ivory stone, vaguely reminiscent of the horn of a unicorn. A small and graceful hall rests at the tower's base, and the room at the pinnacle where the great lenses and lamps are kept is walled in pure glass.

The Pharos Beacon has been restored by the mortals living in the surrounding town of Solde-on-Palecliff. Illumin lives in the Beacon now, and has taken Solde-on-Palecliff under his protection; he considers it his 'capital', of sorts. Though Light himself doesn't consciously consider the Beacon to be a temple, no small number of mortals do.

Solde-on-Palecliff: The area around the Pharos Beacon suffered greatly during Gehenna, but it has largely recovered. The coastline has revived with Creation's return, with ample fishing and fertile rolling hills. The town of Solde-on-Palecliff has now nearly recovered to pre-Gehenna population levels; they got a good boost during Gehenna itself due to being under the direct protection of a god, and one of the only places with constant, reliable light prior to the restoration of the sky. The fishing fleet of Solde has been rebuilt, as has the town itself.

Pretty much all those living in Solde either worship Illumin openly and willingly, or at least know exactly whom they owe their prosperity to.

At the Edelsteine Shop:

Notes & Changes: Illumin no longer lives here, and has not returned for quite some time. He may never return, quite frankly... but the rooms remain.

The small storage room belongs to Panacea; though she hasn't been there for years, Illumin has preserved the room as she left it - at first intentionally, in anticipation of her return, but now simply through inertia.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Many, many lanterns - lit with electric bulbs - hang from polished wooden beams that span the room. When they are all lit it is both quite warm and quite bright within.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
More elaborate lanterns hang on the side walls.

Polished wooden shelves bear other items and knick-knacks related to Illumin's sphere of influence. Illumin enjoys these things, seeing them as both symbols of due homage and as signs that the greatness of Light is not wholly forgotten.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Candles, incense and a globe showing the sunrise add softer light - and scent - to the room. The music box on the end belonged to Sosiqui; Illumin keeps it for sentimental reasons, for the memory of his host.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
These lamps were a gift from Memi, Medicine's host. Illumin adores them because not only are they his first real 'offering', they're very different from any lamps he's ever seen... and, of course, because they were from Memi.

A dear treasure - Memi's lamp that she brought back to Illumin's rooms when she returned to the shop for good. The most precious lamp Illumin owns, to his mind.

Fancy incense. Mmm.

User Image
A mirror, gift from Forge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Quest: The Grigori
Balance the Twin Crown

Introduction: Bandaged Chains
Part One: The Ancient Puzzle
Part Two: Sacred Secrets
Part Three: Unwilling Rainbow
Part Four: The Jewelled Tablet
Part Five: Illumin and Eamnnon
Part Six: Those Who Would Hunt Knowledge
Part Seven: Breath of Insight
Part Eight: Truth in the Tale
Part Nine: Departure

Convergence - Next Step Details

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 pm

The Edelsteine belong to Ivynian; Sosiqui and Illumin are mine. Please do not post in this thread - if you want to roleplay, drop off a gift, or anything like that, please PM me. Uninvited posts will be deleted as spam.

Thanks to Draconayzia and Prolixity for getting me curious about Edelsteine way back when, Ivynian for welcoming the rafter-clinging lurker, and Draconayzia again for helping me financially during Illumin's gem auction. biggrin I'd have missed out on a hell of a lot if it weren't for you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Illumin will never know about this, likely because he'd be highly insulted, but... PLUSHIES~!

Well, okay, Illumin does approve of this one:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gotta catch 'em all.

User Image

User Image User Image

biggrin

Oh yes, and for posterity:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5954877&page=1

Link to the auction I won Illumin's gem in.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:42 pm
this space intentionally left blank, or something  
[ Journals ]... // Player Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers