Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 am
I was watching the show Innerspace on the channel Space (it's the channel I watch Doctor Who on) and they were interviewing Julian Richings (he played Death on the TV show Supernatural) and they were asking him about this rumor about how they might consider him for the next Doctor after Matt Smith. He said that he never heard of it, but he'd be honored if they did ask him and would like the role because it was one of his favorite shows. What do you guys think? Do you think he'd be a good choice as the next Doctor?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 pm
I don't really know him, but... I'd rather they keep Matt around for a while. One more Doctor means one less regeneration. and I can't get enough of the show!  

Etriel Devyt

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:03 pm
Etriel Devyt
I don't really know him, but... I'd rather they keep Matt around for a while. One more Doctor means one less regeneration. and I can't get enough of the show!
Agreed, but it is inevitable, it will happen eventually. However, I believe that there is no longer a limit to how many times he can regenerate as long as he has the chance to regenerate due to this article found online. Here is the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/12/doctor-who-immortal-reveals-bbc  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:08 pm
Nightshroud01
Etriel Devyt
Agreed, but it is inevitable, it will happen eventually. However, I believe that there is no longer a limit to how many times he can regenerate as long as he has the chance to regenerate due to this article found online. Here is the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/12/doctor-who-immortal-reveals-bbc

Really, BBC? That's just f***ing cheap! At least say why.  

Etriel Devyt

Time Lady of Gallifrey

Lonely Lover

7,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm
I heard that they are seriously and legitamitely considering choosing a woman. I'm all for female empowerment and all that but that's just WRONG!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:27 am
Time Lady of Gallifrey
I heard that they are seriously and legitamitely considering choosing a woman. I'm all for female empowerment and all that but that's just WRONG!

Well it has been stated before that it could happen. Christopher E. (the ninth) stated as he was about to regenerate that you never know what could happen, and Matt Smith first commented that he thought he was a girl right after he regenerated. Yes the doctor's always been a guy, but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm kind of hoping for a ginger, because they've had that joke for a while, so you'd think they'd carry through with it eventually.

As for Julian Richings, I personally don't see it.  

Dark Doe Alysse

Demonic Darling

22,440 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am
Time Lady of Gallifrey
Yeah, I agree... it'd just be wrong if they did that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm
If they choose a girl that would need to have some explaining to certain people *cough cough River cough cough* But i'm really hoping the next one to be ginger like myself and still think bowties are cool because they are.  

Headmistress of Gallifrey

Distinct Businesswoman

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250

Time Crow

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 pm
I believe I heard a rumor that Benedict Cumberpatch (Sherlock) might be playing the next doctor. He says he doesn't know where it came from, though he certainly likes the show. He would make a cool doctor, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:01 am
that guy was amazing as death. supernatural and doctor are like my fav shws and i think he could pull it off if he tried. but idk it is a rumor  

sorceress of the shadow

4,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

BanHammer555

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:54 am
Time Lady of Gallifrey

This is what I heard too. All I can say is that it's about time. I'm all for seeing a female Doctor

Please don't hate on my opinion  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:56 pm
Time Crow
I believe I heard a rumor that Benedict Cumberpatch (Sherlock) might be playing the next doctor. He says he doesn't know where it came from, though he certainly likes the show. He would make a cool doctor, I think.

That would be awesome! I think he would make a good doctor. The game Misses Hudson, is on. razz  

jenoala

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:59 pm
BanHammer555
Time Lady of Gallifrey

This is what I heard too. All I can say is that it's about time. I'm all for seeing a female Doctor

I don't hate your opinion, everybody is entitled to thier own, but I just don't like the whole gender bender thing... imagine what that would do to any timelord intimate relationships? Example: man timelord regenerates into a women and says to his wife "Well, looks like we're lesbians now." lmao  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:53 pm
Nightshroud01
BanHammer555
Time Lady of Gallifrey

I don't hate your opinion, everybody is entitled to thier own, but I just don't like the whole gender bender thing... imagine what that would do to any timelord intimate relationships? Example: man timelord regenerates into a women and says to his wife "Well, looks like we're lesbians now." lmao

You have to admit though, It would be a bizzare enough plot twist to be worthy of Doctor Who  

BanHammer555

Aged Hunter

gazoomeli

5,700 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:41 pm
BanHammer555
Nightshroud01
BanHammer555
Time Lady of Gallifrey

You have to admit though, It would be a bizzare enough plot twist to be worthy of Doctor Who

It might be funny, and interesting, but I agree with nightshroud- the whole river song plot would be destroyed, and who would want that?  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff