Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[MISSION ORP] Yes sir, thank you sir. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:03 pm
Bix, in his own opinion, was doing well lately. He'd not had any significant battle losses or hiccups with his weapon, he was running every day and training with his bow, he even poured over books in his free time in an attempt to further his knowledge of Halloween creatures. He'd been a shut-in bookworm before the island so falling back into stride gave the albino hunter a bit more confidence. He had a drive to do well, but not be the best. Being the best drew way too much attention to yourself.

After a successfully conquered Shadow Run he was feeling good, showered, dressed again and went out seeking his fate. His 'fate', as it were, ended up being Caelius sitting in the same room as always. Did Bix have misplaced confidence? Probably... but he didn't expect any props or commendations from the Death Hunter head.

Bix did know that Caelius, in even the smallest of ways, didn't stop Gale from going on the mission with Ben and if he'd sent the younger hunter then why couldn't Bix step up and take some more responsibility? Bix found the same room as always, rounded table with the imposing man at the other end. He didn't cough or choke, in fact he was trying to be respectful like his father had taught but just as he was about to speak up his familiar allergies kicked in and in the empty quiet of the room there was a booming, echoing, "AAAACHHOOOOO!!!!"

He wiped his nose in a noisy panic. "Sorry sir!"

Zoomutt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:45 pm
'ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'.

And there went Caelius's tenth pencil as it snapped not a second later in his hands. And the look he gave Bix suggested that perhaps, they would need a new trainee too. "Is there something on the grounds of ******** life or death that needs to be discussed with me trainee?"

It was a good thing that looks could not kill. For the most part. 

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:36 pm
"Uh.. Sorry sir." Bix straightened now that he'd adequately wiped his nose. "I was hoping maybe you had a mission or something for me to do."

He'd obviously participated in regular duties, as Caelius saw him there when the pods opened. He'd also been sparring, working out and ran a training course. Of course he could do them all over again, many many times, but Bix was looking to expand a little bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 am
And just like Bix's pod duty, and any mission involving the Death Hunter, the trainee's request was ignored. 

Caelius pulled open his notebook again, flipping a few pages, before comparing them to the diagram he had drawn - which either looked like some sort of geographical layout, or more possibly, that he had been preparing a Satanic ritual. At last he looked up at the trainee. "They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth." A pause. "A fourth of the earth. Don't you think it is rather convenient, Ferdinand?"

Before the trainee could even consider answering, Caelius stood up. "Very well then, we shall play this game, but not on their terms." Wait, what did this have to do with anything? In fact, Bix might as well have just been a statue in the room.  A statue that the Death Hunter looked at and estimated an overall auction value in the negatives. "It looks like you'll be getting that mission trainee, I recommend for this job that you find a good number of your esteemed colleagues. You can request as many as you like, there is no shortage in golems for this mission, but it would be a pity to be responsible for their misconduct wouldn't it?"

OOC: MISSION SET UP AND GO:

- Caelius is requesting Bix to help find some "volunteers" for this mission, whatever it is, though he did mention the word 'golems', it is probably safe right?
- At this point Bix can quote and request as many trainees as he would like for the mission. Anyone and everyone interested is allowed to come, simply have them step into the classroom to await further instructions, as long as they have a quote invite
- In addition, any of Bix's friends can also quote and request one of their buddies to come along. ICly this happens 3-4 days post last mission (Sahara)

iloveyouDIE

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:36 pm
Bix was curious about the quote. He remembered it from that part of the bible about the four horsemen. He wasn't very religious but he'd heard the passage a million times. There were horseman at the Haunted House and he'd just found out they were the horses from the island. The first person he thought of was Madison and her intense hatred of them.

"Yes sir.. " Bix nodded. His mind was spinning around who he should invite. He played on his phone, digging up people he was interested in inviting. He'd gotten the impression that Caelius was encouraging a good sized group.

In each text he included the time of meeting and a message. He pondered each one and what friends they may bring. This definitely influenced his choices:

Sosiqui
Hey Madison.. I'm getting a group together for a golem mission. Wanna come? Bring a friend if you want.

Huni Pi
Mission bro. Golems. Bring a friend.

kuromeez
Hey if you are feeling up to it, going on a golem mission. Come meet me. Bring a friend.

Kaiyumi
I think we are going to Halloween. Want to come along? Bring a friend.

Dragain
BOSS! GOLEMS! Meet me! Bring a friend.

Manda
Hey newbie! MISSION! Come and meet me.

Bix did not tell Tedan to bring a friend. Why? He figured they had enough people. Of course he had no idea if this was enough or TOO MANY because Caelius was really damn vague.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm
Gale was, in fact, napping when he got Bix's text. An unusual thing for him, perhaps, but lately he had been feeling overly exhausted and weary. He hadn't yet told anyone of his promotion - not even Bix, who was half a brother, half a best friend - instead spending his time either training or eating.

And now sleeping.

<< Gale. >>

There was no answer.

<< GALE. >>

A sort of shuffling sound and a muffled grunt. Then -

"...what."

<< Your cell phone is vibrating. >>

There was an audible groan from Gale's lips, not bothering to turn his head as he stretched out a hand, grappling for the small phone on his bedside table. His fingers touched the small metal object and he dragged it towards him, forcing his eyes open.

"...s'from Bix," Gale mumbled tiredly, waking up a bit more clearly now. "Something about a...mission? And he wants me to - " He squinted at the tiny screen. " - bring a friend."

He didn't add the completely unnecessary what friend, since he did not have many on the island.

<< Sounds interesting. >> said Jinhai mildly. << You gonna go? >>

Gale was already swinging his legs over the side of the bed.

"Yep."

Ten minutes later he arrived, clad in his new Intermediate uniform, still yawning as he typed out a text to the only other person he could think of.

OnionGrump
Ryan - it's Gale. Mission if you're interested. Come meet us.

"Hey, Bix."  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 pm
Far away in the lighthouse guard post, Madison's cell phone buzzed - a highly welcome distraction from staring at nothing, nothing, and more nothing. It was most especially welcome given that it involved leaving her current post and doing something that, at the very least, sounded more interesting. She nodded at the other Hunter she'd been observing with and slipped through the portal, heading back.

On the way there, she hurriedly texted; that was one thing high school was good for. She could definitely text and walk, run, probably even fight at the same time.

Frigoris
hey u want 2 go on a missn? meet whr bixy says ok c u soon

... She never claimed her texting was grammatically correct. She forwarded on Bix's text with the information on where to meet, then hurried on herself to the classroom.

"Hey," she said when she arrived, grinning at Bix and giving Gale a slightly more tentative smile. "I asked Ennea to meet us here too. What's up?"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 pm
Going to Halloween? Eva's heart picked up pace upon reading the text, but she wasn't sure whether it was from anxiety or excitement (though the grin on her face pointed to the latter). Whatever the case, she definitely wasn't going to turn down the offer, especially since it sounded like she would get a lot of much-needed experience out of it. As for bringing a friend...

Danse-Hexe
Haha, sorry for always bothering you, Reine! Up for another mission? A trip to Halloween, apparently!

She typed in a few more details--mostly about meeting in the classroom and that it was probably a group mission--and then sent off the text. As she left her room and head towards the classroom, Evie reached up to rest her hand on Chara's desummoned form. "Going to Halloween...sounds kind of serious, don't you think? I wonder what this will entail."

Yes, you'd best be on your guard. I'm sure things will be explained once you meet with the others.

When she arrived, Eva noted with delight that that Gale was there, as were Bix and another female hunter who she didn't recall meeting before. Well, that was what introductions were for! As she stepped towards them, she raised a hand in greeting. "Hey, Gale! Hi, teach!" The second greeting was addressed to Bix, and then she turned and held a hand out to Madison, lips pulling into a friendly grin.

"Don't think we've met. I'm Eva, but I typically go by Evie."

Kaiyumi

Frigoris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 am
Come on, Pinkie! You can do better than that! Baraz yelled.

Ennéa was wheezing heavily but she nodded and gamely swung the axe around again in a series of movements. She still felt a bit grey and her movements were clumsy and slow after several days of being sick with the cold of doom, but it was nice finally being outside again. One more day in her tiny dorm room and Ennéa was sure she would have gone stir-crazy.

Faster, slowpoke! Move it! Baraz had already gone crazy long ago, Ennéa supposed, judging from the glee in which he barked his instructions.

She paused to catch her breath but it quickly turned into a coughing fit. Ennéa fished around in her pocket for a tissue when she noticed that her phone was vibrating too. She pulled it out and read Maddie's text. A mission, huh? She chewed her lip.

Ennéa had sat out the last mission due to being sick, and by all accounts she had been lucky she had. At the same time though... it had sucked being left behind. What had she left home for if not to be a Hunter?

She quickly texted an equally misspelled response back to Maddie, feeling a rush of nervous anticipation as she hit send. "Ready to go on a mission, Baraz?" She asked unnecessarily. The ahriman was always ready for anything that promised the potential for violence and bloodshed.

Of course I am. Baraz said haughtily. Are you?

"I can finally breathe through my nose again." Ennéa said, giving him a thumbs up. "I'm good." She unsummoned her axe and headed towards the classrooms.

---

Ennéa entered the room and smiled and waved enthusiastically at Gale when she spotted him. "Hi Gale!" She called out to him. "How are you doing?" She then looked around the room at the other hunters. She recognized Caelius, of course, and Bix, and ah, there was Maddie, but Ennéa didn't know the other girl standing nearby.

She headed towards the pair and caught the tail end of Evie's introduction. Was the girl another new trainee? Man, there was a lot of them. Ennéa was still having trouble remembering all the trainees she had arrived with and now there were even more faces and names to remember.

Nevertheless, it was nice to meet new people. She gave Evie a friendly grin. "Hello~" She said cheerfully, moving to stand next to Maddie. "I'm Ennéa."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:27 am
Before had agonized over the "friend" his Bro wanted him to bring. His first thought had been Tika, but every time he keyed in her name, he could never quite bring himself to send the message. Case of cold feet, perhaps? Or just... general chickening out. More likely the latter. Plus, it didn't sound too far fetched for Before to assume Bix would have also invited her, thus making his own invitation redundant. So he quickly retyped the message, entered a different name, and hoped she would agree to join them.

naggeela
Hiiiii Story~ Before here! Remember me? Mission partner? 83 Um, we have a new mission. WE GET TO USE GOLEMS! 8DDD come join us! Plz?

Fingers crossed and a thumb press later, Before was rushing to the designated spot. He was trying to lay low with the wild chatter and wide smiles after his "heart to heart" (read: near open-heart surgery without being put to sleep first) with Caelius. But old habits die hard and Before was all smiles and anxious energy as he trotted up to the group. He spotted Gale's new uniform and whistled, "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice threads, After!" What? Gale looked awesome! "Oh and uh, hi, people-whose-names-I-don't-know!" he added as an afterthought.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:46 am
The phone went off, giving Ryan a start.

The thing had barely rung since he was given it. The fact that the last time it went off was when Caelius has messaged them all to attend that meeting, the one before that mission in the Sahara, gave Ryan a chill down his spine.

Holding his breath, he flipped it open, eying the message from Gale curiously.

A mission.

So it was a mission... He wasn't sure if he liked the sound of that. It was what? Three or four days since the last one? Then again, he doubted they would be given much of a break over something like that, nor did he want one. This was their 'job' now after all. Besides, this one was optional and after doing so poorly on the last mission he wanted to get more experience.

Typing a quick, short response and hitting 'send,' he flipped the phone shut again.

kuromeez
I'll be there in a few minutes.

A few minutes might have been a bit of an exaggeration. About fifteen minutes later he finally showed up.

"Sorry to keep you waiting..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:08 am
Once again Tori's nose was in one of her books and so in the reading zone and taking notes that she didn't at first hear her phone vibrating on the desk.

Aklin yelled as he couldn't figure out why she couldn't here the phone going off.

What Lin! Don't you see that I'm reading and you said I could have some quiet time.
She replied in a little huff as she was making sure she remembered all those codes and even her own.

Oh and sorry.
As she sounded a little sheepish at the tone she gave Aklin as he just sighed as picked up the phone and looked at the message. Its from Before and with a new mission. She wasn't too sure about the golem part but it did seam interesting and it was Before asking and she just couldn't say no to him. So you ready for a new mission, Lin?

Quickly Tori sent a reply back to Before that she would be there as fast as she could and headed off to the classrooms.

---

Quietly entering the room as once more she had gotten a little lost again. Looking around the room to see Caelius and hope that she wasn't late or something. Then Tori spotting Before with others that she had seen in there last mission and one she hadn't seen before. "Heya, Before," she greeted him and then grew quiet as she didn't know what else to say to the others. "Hi, I'm Tori," she said sheepishly to the others as it was a start she thought. Moved closer to Before as he was the one she really knew as she started to fidget a little.  

naggeela

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 am
The smallest trickle of trainees seemed to fill the classroom in the longest, most excruciating period of wait time. If this was an analogy for life, Caelius probably would have said something like "<******** you life" and walked off into the sunset, burning explosions behind him, but unfortunately the reality was, trainees were trainees. They were a lot more expendable for such a task.

"Do you need some help, Ferdinand?" Never leave anything up to someone else's hands, other than them making an absolute fool out of themselves, it really all surmounted to a waste of time. The Death Hunter was more than happy to press the "All Trainees" option on the cell phone, type in a few words, and press 'submit'. He then turned to the other few occupants in the room. "Sit down. I will begin the debriefing soon."

If it was any consolation, he seemed more distracted than usual as he continued writing notes on the not-quite-Satantic-ritual map on the table. Looks like this was going to be a full blown mission.

OOC

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- At this point every single (available) trainee (that means even people who Bix and friends did not send texts to, okay) has gotten the text either from others or from Caelius. They can arrive to report/mingle, until further instructions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 am
Yawning, Gale turned his head to look at Madison, fingers linked behind his head. He hadn't ever really talked to the older girl, except for a few scattered times over the past few months, but he'd heard from Bix that he hung out with her. The tentative smile she offered him was returned with a somewhat hesitant one of his own, Gale suddenly feeling a little awkward.

Eva's arrival, however, gave him a nice and pleasant distraction. "Hey, Evie," he said, this time with a wider smile, lifting his hand to greet her in a mock salute. "How goes it?"

Another figure had stepped up, and thankfully another that Gale could feel comfortable around. Ennéa got a nod of his head and another smile before he answered "I'm doing well; and you?"

Apparently Bix had invited a great deal of people, since there was a rather large crowd beginning to form. Gale lifted a hand, rubbing the back of his neck, sticking the other into his pocket. Before's greeting made him smile halfway.

"Thanks," he answered quietly, face flushing a bit, but before he could say anything further Ryan had arrived, and Gale stepped towards him.

"You're not late, no worries. We're still waiting on a few others."

A pause.

"I think. Depending on how many people Bix actually asked."

All Caelius got was a cool glance, Gale's eyes narrowing just the smallest amount.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 am
"Hey! I'm Madison - you're one of the brand new trainees, right? Hatchlings?" Madison said, taking Evie's hand and shaking it in return. "Last mission was... ugh. What a horror show. I wouldn't have blamed you if you guys all, like, hit the beach and started swimming to get away after all that..."

Then Ennea appeared; Madison greeted her squadmate with a bright smile. "Hey! Glad you could make it~"

Kaiyumi

Frigoris

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas