Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
(FIN) PRP The Chicken Leg Hut (Baba + Fergus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:43 pm
Flan's Teepee

Fergus
User Image

Baba Yaga
User Image

& Lemon the goat
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:53 pm
Plot: Fergus had noticed strange weather; rouge winds, storms, and cackle that shutters the bones. Lemon once told him a legend, a fairly tale of the great witch Baba Yaga. A fearsome old crone with iron teeth, when she is near the wind howls and the trees creek and crack. Her appearance terrifying yet a hero who can pass her trials and earn her trust will be blessed with her wisdom.
Fergus wasn't sure if he believed the story Lemon had told him, but things in the forest were not what they seemed, something strange had been going on. He was determined to find out what it was, Baba or not.  

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 pm
The wind picked up again, howling through the birch trees. Leafs tumbled and twirled around his feet, with it dust and dandelion fluff brush his face. Shadows stretched over Fergus' lavender back, the sun low in the sky. The color of the clouds reflected his purple coat, along with shades of pink and magenta.

This was the time of day Fergus felt he could just slip into the clouds and be swept away with the wind. But tonight the wind was most fearsome it had ever been. He looked into the wind, else his hair would whip his face and blind his eyes. Looking into the darkness of the trees, he saw a flickering light, bouncing and hovering and bouncing again.

Is someone there? he thought. What could they possibly be doing so far into the forest. His curiosity grabbed hold of him and guided him into the dense wood. With the sun setting, he had only this distant flickering light as his guide. The forest was mostly quiet, the wind still howled but only in the tops of the trees causing them to creek and groan.

"Hello!" Fergus called out, "Is there someone there?"

No answer, he called again when he thought he was closer, but still nothing only that flickering bouncing light.
Fergus looked back, he could not see where he had come, the opening of the forest was long behind him, he had traveled far deeper than he had planned. His frustration was building, he had come all this way, following the light that was clearly moving, yet not responding to him. He became determined to find this light and give it a talking to, or something, he wasn't sure yet, but he would soon find out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm
As Fergus got closer to the light, he realized it was a candlestick. It bounced and rustled its waxy wings, its flame struggling to hold in the wind.

He stared at the bizarre creature before him, "candlesticks don't jump or have feet or wings for that matter." he assured himself. He said it aloud as if to confirm, that he was not crazy. How does he explain this thing? At the time it didn't seem so absurd to ask it, yet it was.

"Wha-what are you?" His voice demanding, yet still polite.

The candle stick paused and seemed to turn in his direction, there was a moment between them as each tried to process the other. The candle stick made the first move, it hopped on its spindly legs and bounce off again flapping its waxy wings, dripping and splattering wax as it did so.

Fergus watched it, dumbfounded. Don't loose it, you must know what it is! a voice in his head spoke out to him. His body responded, lunging forward, reaching out for the waxy bird.

The light moved faster than before, much faster to his surprise. Just as Fergus thought he was closing in, it would disappear again. He lost the candle several times, but with the sun now set its light was thankfully easy to spot again. The chase lasted a little over half an hour. Fergus was far behind the candle but it slowed, and he could follow it from a distance.

The candlelight lead him to fence, and not the white picket ones you picture in your mind. To his horror the fence was composed of leg bones and a spinal cords, twisted together with hair and nailed together with teeth. Partial skulls decorated the steaks of the fence. A mysterious glow radiated from the skull eye sockets.

Wicked chills ran down his spine, causing him to twist and twinge. What mad monster made this? Fergus began to question why he had followed that mysterious candle, this was starting to look like a situation from a horror story.
A story, that's it! He thought to himself, This must be the fence of Baba's hut, Lemon told me about this! The excitement twirled inside of him. He felt he was about to discover the house of Baba.

Finding new bravery in himself, Fergus followed the gruesome fence to an opening, a type of gate. The gate was open, as if to invite him in. It lead to a dusty path, as if someone had swept the leaves away but left no tracks.

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am
Baba's laugh is a loud high-pitch cackle. Its sound emits through the trees like a cracking thunder. Her candlestick knights shutter with every rising giggle.

"My knights!" She lets out with shortened breath. The candlesticks flap and hop into formation, presenting themselves in a line before her.
"I am expecting a visitor!" she told them, peering down at them with her milky eyes, "But he does not know the way, find him, show him the way" she made a pause as if to be done.
The candlesticks moved nervously, appearing to "look" at one another.
Baba started again, in a thunderous voice, "But do NOT get caught! If he touches you..." she drifted off again.

The candlesticks made way for the exit, hopping and flapping their waxy wings, leaving behind trails of black, red, and white.

"The mess they make.." Baba snarled at the waxy mess around her home, exposing her iron teeth. "The place must be tidy, the yard is a mess" she said to herself.
Baba stepped into the day, the suns light shaded by the towering coniferous trees. She made a path, sweeping her birch broom behind her, brushing down the grass and shooing away the spiders.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm
When her knights returned, first the white, then the black.
"Ah, my Bright Dawn, and my Dark Midnight, you have returned." Baba nuzzled the candlestick with her talon finger. "but you have no prince with you." she said sweetly, softly, like a whisper.
"WHY HAVE YOU NO PRINCE?" her voice booming and low. She flicked away, turning towards the house.

The knights cowered, then bowed before her, asking for forgiveness.

"Oh my pretty little knights, do not fear Baba, everyone fears old Baba Yaga." she said to them with a twinge of sorrow in her voice.

The two little knights rushed to her side hugging her clawed feet.
She scoffed, "I do not want your affection!" she shooed them, and went back into her hut.

The knights paced nervously, the third little knight had not yet returned and it was nearing sunset...

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm
Red Dawn scrambled up the pathway, splattering wax in every direction. The other knights bounced in their excitement. The trio bolted up the path way, scratching and flapping at the door of Baba's hut. Baba had fallen asleep, the scratching did little to wake her.

The window frames bent their shape, the shutters rattled, and the hut's siding ruffled and cracked. The sound of splintering wood and bending nails filled the air around them. The hut creaked and groaned frightfully loud. The foundation shifted and chicken feet stretched beneath the hut. The hut shook on its feet, twisting off the pestering knights.

The knights stomped angrily below, powerless against the towering chicken hut.
The hut shifted and spun, turning its back to the knights, then settling again.
Baba burst out of the hut, "Whats the racket about?" she asked, "oh look, the yard changed." she stated and giggled to herself in that rough twisted voice.

The knights bounced around the hut, and bounced around Baba, warning her of the prince's approach.
"Oh hush now! I know hes coming, I swear, you three think I pay no attention at all." Baba shook her head at them, "But we must hide! Quickly my knights, into the hut, else you'll be whisked away by the wind."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:12 pm
Fergus followed the path to a house, or a hut, or a shack. The structure was rundown and appeared as though it had not been graced by any eyes, but the birds that nested at the base of its chimney. Curiously enough, the house was backwards, the path leading directly to the back of the structure. Fergus saw no door to enter through, but the path that lead him here was fresh and appeared well used. White wax caught his eye, it glowed in the lunar light. The wax trail lead around the hut, Fergus lowered his face close to the ground as to see it better. He followed it around the hut and again the trail stopped, but when he looked up, he found himself again staring at the back of the hut.

How could this be?!? How could the hut have two identical backs? Fergus tilted his head, complete confusion written all over his face.
This must be a trick, Baba Yaga can be a trickster, and liked to play games after all. That was right, Lemon said you had to prove your pure of heart to see past her games.

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:41 pm
"Hut!" Fergus called it out, "turn you back to the woods, so that I may see your front!" he said with a stomp, "I am tired of your games"
Fergus turned his head in frustration only for a moment, and when he looked up again there was a door.

The door creaked open and Baba stuck her head out of the tiny hut,
"Oh what might we have here?" she asked as she stepped out of her home, "Might it be a roast, or a stew? Blood pudding perhaps? Oh yes, all of these I see before me!" Baba let out with a cackle.

"Y-you w-want to eat me?" the blood ran from Fergus' face and his knees began to wobble.

"Ah yes, quite the feast I will have," she licked her napping beak, "I will crack your bones with my iron teeth and suck the marrow within!"

Fergus heard a low hum in his ears, his head felt light as a balloon and his body heavy. He looked up to the cloudy sky and watched it turn black.
His body fell to the forest floor with a thump.

"tsk tsk tsk, the poor whelp can barley hold the blood in his head."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:03 pm
"Impressive, a unicorn prince, and a virgin to!" Baba burst with a laugh. "nice to have such pure company. Fainting is such an admirable quality, I dont even have to smack em over the head!"

When Fergus awoke, he was not where he had fallen. He was on the path that lead back to his home. Surly he did not move here on his own, he looked around for tracks. He found no prints but his own.
Fergus checked himself for any injury, there was none, but he did find droplets of wax in the feathering around his feet.

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Elf Princess Flannery

Skilled Worker

11,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:20 pm
Fergus curled his tail around his leg nervously, "What did she do to me?"

"She didnt do nothin" Lemon said as she approached him,

"L-lemon?!? You were there?" Fergus jumped back, startled.

"Yea I was there, she was about to eat you up."

"yea I passed out.."

"But I saved you! I ran to the scene valiantly my fur tailing in the wind. I stepped over your unconscious body said to Baba, "You hag! leave my best friend be or I will be forced to speak your true name!"

Fergus gave Lemon a curious look.

"Its true, listen. Then she said, "You cant know my name! No one knows my name!" then I told her, "Oh I dont do I? Should I say it so all the forest can hear? So all the forest will know your true name and render you powerless?"

"Did you say it? What is her true name?"

"Heck if I know, I bluffed her"

"So you dont know her name? What if she called you on it? That witch would have made Fergus and Goat stew of us!"

"Hey! She let you go didnt she? I even convinced her to take you back home, but she only got half way when she got distracted by something. But she did give me this string that leads back home."

Fergus shook his head, "that griff was crazy, she want to eat me then she takes me home. That mare needs therapy"

"yea well my knees are going to need therapy if we stand here any longer."

The pair followed the ball of sting through the forest, at the end it was tied to to a branch in their hut. Fergus wondered how she knew where to tie the sting, when he saw the entrance covered with wax droplets. It was a little un-nerving to know that crazy mare knows where he lives.
"Lemon, lets move the hut"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff