Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mischief Manager
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 pm
Mischief Managed
Journal Tutorial

Everything you could ever possibly want for your journal- and more!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Questions & Answers

How many journals can I have?
You may have ONE journal and ONLY one journal. You should put all of your characters into that one journal. Generally one character per Page is the best setup, you may want to use the first page just for contents and navigation.

When can I add my character to my journal?
After your character has been approved HERE.

Blood status?
At this time, you can have one of four blood statuses.
1.) Mixed Blood; common; no additional charge. Your witch or wizard is born to two magical parents whose blood has been mixed with muggles at some point in their lineage. It can usually be traced; if not, it is assumed that their "pedigree" is impure.
2.) Half-Blood; common; no additional charge. Your witch or wizard is born to one magical parent and one non-magical parent.
3.) Muggleborn; uncommon; 30k additional charge. Your witch or wizard is born to two non-magical parents. They have magical ancestors, but these may or may not be traceable. Muggleborns have their Hogwarts acceptance letters delivered in person by a member of Hogwarts staff.
4.) Pureblood; rare; 50k additional charge. Your witch or wizard is born to two magical parents, whose lineages consist only of magical individuals for an extremely extended length of time. There are varying degrees of pureblood. The further back each parent's magical lineage extends, the "purer" they are considered. Pureblood families are often familiar with other pureblood families. They tend to keep close tabs on their lineages to reduce the effects of inbreeding as much as possible.

Can I be a metamorphmagus/animagus/werewolf/some "hybrid" variation?
No. These "slots" will be given out through various contests, at staff's discretion.

What if I win a premade character in an event and want to apply that character's image to my quest's personality?
You can! However, the premade pet and quest pet must be the same gender.
● If your quest is a "common" blood type, remove the character from the questing subforum and resubmit the character to the "Post Here Before You RP!" thread.
● If your quest is a muggleborn or pureblood, you are not eligible for this. We are sorry!

What parts of canon exist/don't exist?
Nearly everything at Mischief Managed is congruent with the Harry Potter books. However, most canon characters DO NOT EXIST. Voldemort, Harry Potter, and Dumbledore were all fictional. We make some allowances with this- such as Ollivander's and other well-known shops in Diagon Alley- but assume that any major players in the books' plots were fictional.

Can my character's dad/mum work for the Ministry of Magic? Hogwarts? Any other major "company"?
Your character may NOT have family at Hogwarts, with the exception of siblings who do not become major characters. Your character's parents may work at major companies, but it will be more difficult to get higher-up positions approved, as they must be rare.

Can my student be related to/know any canon character?
No. Some characters from the canon HP universe do not exist in MM universe, but those that do exist can't be referenced in your character's history as personal relations or acquaintances.

Mischief Manager
Crew

Mischief Manager
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:56 pm
Basic Journal Codes

Because we needed them!

You do not have to stick to this strictly, but if you find yourself having trouble with coding, you're welcome to use any of this. <3

[center][imgright]CHARACTER UNCERT IMAGE[/imgright][/center]
[size=20][b]Character Basics[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Blood Status:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]

[size=20][b]Personality[/b][/size]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Habits:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[size=20][b]Description[/b][/size]
Any other information you can think of!

[size=20][b]History[/b][/size]
Character History here

[size=20][b]Family[/b][/size]
[b]Father:[/b]
[b]Mother:[/b]
[b]OTHER:[/b] (copypaste this code for any others)

[size=20][b]Roleplay Log[/b][/size]

[url=LINK TO RP]Roleplay Title[/url] - With Whom? - Completion Status

[size=20][b]Familiar Information[/b][/size]
[imgright]FAMILIAR UNCERT HERE[/imgright]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Focus:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

Common Rooms (Journals)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff