Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
Why're You hiding? Lets Be Friends! [PRP](Luminary & Reject)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:21 pm
User Image

It was early in the afternoon, sun trickled down between the leaves of the surrounding trees, creating a pretty dappled effect on the ground below, where a large LARGE nest sat nestled against a tangle of roots. Within the shaded nest a bright golden flutter and a smaller, more green form with similar wings slept soundly, The nocturnal duo of the family. Yet two spots were left empty, a larger spot where the mother usually slept, she had gone off to find food for her family, and a smaller spot, reserved specifically for a little winged filly, who was at the moment, sneaking off to explore again!

Luminary knew what time her mother left and around the time she'd get back, she just wanted time to herself! She wasn't a daysleeper like her father or sister, she liked the feel of the sun on her wings and enjoyed exploring her surroundings, it was a bright and beautiful life she was living! Why on earth should one have to stay in a nest all the time? hmf! And so she satisfied her curiosities about things, how things worked and she was especially thrilled whenever she happened upon another Soquilli!
She really really wanted to make friends~ And so she ventured through the woods, poking and peering into things, A winged ray of sunshine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:01 pm
User Image

Reject was sleeping.

The uni-kalona was strictly nocturnal, and didn't often do well during the daylight hours. He was pleased that the nights were growing longer, even if it meant winter was just around the corner. Unfortunately for the long haired stallion, he had been unable to find a suitable cave this deep in the woods. There were no hills old burrows to hide upon, and so he had found the next best thing.

Pressed up against a clump of trees, keeping his wings folded tight, the stallion had settled down to sleep. The trees pressed to his side assured him that nothing would actually sneak upon him from at least that angle; the thick leaves surrounding him would also crunch beneath the pressure of the curious sorts, which would be ample time for him to wake. And the foliage was so thick above him that he severely doubted something attacking him from on high. . .

He still preferred caves and crevices, but for now, this would do. He was a light enough sleeper, needing to always be alert, that he doubted anything would get to him before he was aware of their presence. Little foals included.

For now though, the yellow eyed stallion was oblivious to Luminary's trip away from the nest. He was lost among dreams, settled in a pile of leaves and autumn grasses, doing his best to catch a little shut eye. Sleep was one of the few times he could forget about the world, the rejection, and all the negativity that seemed to surround him. He didn't often have good dreams, but even the nightmares were kind in the knowledge that the hurt found within wasn't real. Sleep was numbing. Sleep was kind.

One of the few kindnesses in his world.

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Luminary skipped among the autumn leaves, happy to be out and about. She had nibbled on some berries she had found growing wild, mom had taught her which were good to eat and which werent. They were ripe and delicious and she happily chewed as she nosed into bushes and searched for little answers about life. Soon, she found something curious, a large swath of vegitation was flattened, as if some large beast had ambled through. She wrinkled her nose at the tracks and decided that she certainly had time enough to investigate this!

She had been walking along for quite a while, her hooves were starting to tire from picking around all of the roots when she peered over the mound of a rather large clump and found herself looking at a rather laaaaarge black stallion. She was still a good bit away from the sleeping giant but as she looked at him with wide magenta eyes she guessed it was good she had found him sleeping! Her mom had told her that there were bad meanies out there with sharp teeth and wings like a bat! this one sure fit that bill...though she hadn't recalled any mention of a single horn...and what about the whippy tail? ...well THIS was confusing! She scrunched her brow and decided this was a NEED TO KNOW situation!

She mustered up her courage and peering over the clump, she let out a small cheep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:19 pm
It was good for Luminary that Reject wasn't a heavy sleeper. Age and experience had taught him a hard lesson about always needing to be on guard, especially when he was resting. The stallion had heard the ruffle of dead foliage as soon as the colt had begun to near his place of rest, and instinct further told him he was not alone. Any sleep he had wanted to get was dashed, though he kept his body still and his eyes closed. His breathing was steady, but the stallion was well aware.

Something was out there, closing in on him. . .

His muscles automatically bunched, preparing the stallion to move and defend himself if necessary. Where others might have jerked awake, Reject had found it was often to his advantage to feign sleep and hope upon hope that whoever stumbled upon him quickly (and quietly) passed. It was better to avoid confrontation or any socialization if he could help it. . . on the other hoof, it also meant he was more likely to be attacked should those that cross him dub him unfit to live.

With every breath, he calculated exactly what to do; if he had the option, he could jerk to his feet and take to the air. The woods was dense but he was strong - if he had to break his way topside, he would. Then again, if he felt their presence get too close all he'd have to do was snap and snarl, startled them before they had a chance to attack first. He wasn't going to risk himself harm (even if he was a healer); as much as he hated violence, if they dare strike he'd show them. . . He wasn't a weakling any longer.

Thankfully, whatever was out there sounded small. If such a thing was true, he'd have the advantage provided there weren't larger things waiting in the distance. But when no attack came, and nothing but a peculiar cheep was heard, Reject couldn't keep playing the sleep-card any longer. Ears focusing on the source, the large, ebony lump gave a small grunt and opened his yellow eyes. Though it was still daylight, his gaze glowed with an eerie sort of light. . .

Strangely enough, what he saw absolutely terrified him. It was a foal. Of all the things that could have stumbled by to investigate, the petite and brightly colored wind was the last thing Reject had hoped to see. He knew damn well that most foals had parents, and over protective ones at that! If there was a foal lurking nearby, his or her parents had to be nearby and when they saw HIM . . . oh gods. He was going to get slaughtered.

Jerking back his head, his surprise clearly visible, the stallion couldn't help himself. He didn't like to talk, especially to strangers, but he couldn't just let the foal linger! "What do you want from me?" He asked, though his voice was quiet and surprisingly gentle. He sounded about as unsure as Luminary was feeling!

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 am
Luminary stared at the large black stallion in owlish wonderment, her eyes like saucers. She had never seen anything like him! He was certainly intimidating, even from so far away , with a wall of roots as her protection, but the more she looked him over the less she was worried. Even though he LOOKED like a meanie, there were definitely parts that didnt... She "eep'd" in surprise as he moved, her ears sort of half mast on her head, unsure. He spoke then, a sort of sleepy mumble. But not harsh at all. She cleared her throat and cheeped at him " O-oh, sorry for wakin you mister! I don't really WANT anything from ya though" she smiled at him, hoping to disarm him with brightness " I've never seen anything like you before! it's interesting! woah, you're very large you know!" She rattled on, fluffing her little wings in greeting.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:50 pm
Reject stared down at the petitite little filly. She was vibrantly colored, with a pair of wings, and a mane of blond hair. Part of him cast a dubious eye to the sky, waiting for one of her parents to crash in on their little 'party' and begin to give him hell. While he was a decent flier, he realized that her own family might be able to pursue him in air.

And what if she was part of a herd!?

Oh gods, this situation really wasn't good for the stallion. All of his life he'd sported scars and wounds due to that rejection he felt and faced. He didn't fit in to the kalona society due to his more amicable nature; but he didn't fit in to many other herds due to the risk of his blood lust, of his carnivorous tastes, and his monstrous appearance.

Today, it seemed, wasn't starting out very well at all. Not only was he exhausted, and the little sunshine that poured in to the woods aggravated his vision, but now he was on edge and uncertain. The yellow and green filly was so petite and tiny! Really, it wouldn't be difficult to harm her - all he'd have to do was bite or stamp upon her with his cloven hoof. Not that he'd DO such a thing, hardly, but . . . . he hadn't been around foals often, and Luminary looked more than a little fragile.

Yep, if anyone saw him with her, he was dead.

At her apology, Reject's ears flattened even more in uncertainty. Part of the stallion glanced around, as if he might find help on how to handle the small thing. He wasn't exactly Mr. Conversationalist, and this little one seemed to do a lot of talking. His wings shifted uneasily as he considered his options. If the filly didn't leave soon, he'd have to make a hasty exit himself. . .

"I'm only large because I'm older," he finally forced himself to respond, turning his yellow gaze back on to the filly. Not only was he uncomfortable by her presence and what it might mean if her parents showed up, but he didn't like to be stared at either. While she seemed innocent enough, it was still disconcerting. Dipping his head, he allowed some of his thick mane to cover his features, allowing him a base amount of comfort.

". . . don't you have parents that might be looking for you, foal?" He questioned softly, still doing his best to look as small and non-threatening as possible. It wasn't easy given his size but he'd try.

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:23 pm
She cheeped up at him cheerfully, less bothered by his size or physical appearance. " Oh~!! well that makes lots of sense now, thank you" she giggled lightly " silly me, grown up are always bigger!" She flicked her tail behind her, her ears flicking at any noise beyond the reaches of the conversation, it was always good to keep ones senses sharp
Especially if you were out of the nest when you werent supposed to be!

" Er, my parents? no, mom's away getting food for dad n my sister, and they're sleepy heads and only wake up at night! I'm more of a daywalkin kinda filly" She smirked up at him, a feathered lemon lime with a sunny smile. " So i decided to take a walk! they never let me out of the nest, and i get so boooored~" She tilted her head " why do ya ask?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 am
Chatter. Chatter. Chatter. Endless chatter. Reject found himself staring down at the little lemon-lime kissed filly, completely baffled at what he was supposed to do in this situation. She was young, very young, and didn't seem to realize that strangers could hurt her. Especially strangers that looked like him! Kalona sorts were notoriously bad natured and tough - they wouldn't necessarily hesitate to kill the young and far-too-curious filly.

Granted, survival of the fittest, he had managed to live on his own. . . . and if her parents didn't have the good sense to teach her how to tell the difference between a safer-looking breed, and one to always approach with caution, then good riddance. But she was likely too young to understand such concepts, or remember their good advice. Oh bother. And worse, if she thought him to be friendly and safe, what if she snuck out later and ran in to a kalona who looked similar to him!? Would that be his fault if she became a snack!?

Oh, this situation was becoming worse and worse!

And her parents. Not only had she snuck away, which would cause panic to ensue on their hearts, but if they found her with him he would be dead. DEAD. Doomed to a fight or at least driven away. Go away, filly, go, shoo, begone, or so he yearned. The spirits needed to whisk her away before she got in to any trouble, or dragged him in to such a thing! Still half-cowed next to the tree, burying his face in his mane, the stallion tried to figure out the best way to end this.

". . . then you should go back to them. Now." He stressed, voice low. "Don't make them worry, making them fret so isn't . . nice." Or something like that. Yeah, that would really get her to leave. Guilt her. He doubted she would listen, but he hoped reasoning with her would be better then scaring her away or driving her out. She was just too little to understand the problems her presence in his company might bring.

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:00 pm
As she watched the big dark fellow she did something that wasn't at all in her general nature. She frowned. " You're actin kinda funny mister! yer tryin the voice trick on me too!" she puffed up her bright cheeks " Grammas' friends do that to me sometimes! It doesn't work on me you know! i know who'd bad n' who's not! And you're not bad" She said matter o factly.

She fluttered her little wings " I'm pretty good at that! and besides, you're hidin! You dont have to hide!"
She wriggled her nose " i know when my mom gets back and when my pa wakes up~ they wont worry about what they dont know!"
She beamed up at him, not bothered at all by standing in front of the spooky guy. " By the way!" she exclaimed " my name's Luminary, or Lumi for short...what's YOUR name?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 am
The stallion was absolutely appalled that he was cornered by some delicate and jumpy little filly. Reject didn't have any opinion of foals one way or the other besides the fact they terrified him . . . All they seemed to do was cause untoward trouble and this little one was likely no difference. Not only was she stubborn and not listening to him, but she wasn't afraid either. Clearly, this had something to do with her ignornace of the world, or her parents lack of proper upbringing.

He was a meat-eater. He could kill her with one snap of his jaws. But he didn't, and he certainly wouldn't. He had to kill to survive, but he did his best to hunt deer and caribou, as opposed to other soquili. He was no cannibal, that much was clear.

Still half-hiding behind his mass of hair, the stallion turned to regard the little wind. Luminary. She claimed to know that he wasn't bad, which wasn't entirely inaccurate - he wasn't, but that didn't mean another kalona woudn't play the 'sweet' card and then gobble her up. "I don't have a name," he responded, his words quiet and reminiscent of a growl. It wasn't entirely true - he had been given one when he was first born, but the name was lost on him. He had always been referred to as t, or the reject, and thus, it was what he referred to himself as.

But just because he called himself such a thing, didn't mean he wanted others to do the same. Best to claim he was nameless - it was easier that way.

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 am
Lumi tilted her head curiously " Well that's silly, of course you have a name! And what a shame if you don't! Names are important, like your pinion feathers!" She exclaimed, wrinkling her nose " Though i suppose if you really DONT have one i can make one for you. You're kinda big n black...uhhhh...How about Blackie? Maybe Shadow? i know a guy named that!"
She blinked upward, trying to see through his curtain of hair " If you were bad you woulda eaten me all up already!" She laughed musically, her little wings fluttering. " So you can't have a scary name!" She pulled a face " though there is a guy named Nightmare, he's not scary either!" She beamed " so we call him Nighty"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 am
Reject honestly was at a loss. The unikalona's discomfort around the talkative little filly was so strong you could practically feel it. He kept his wings tight to his side, and continued to hide within his thick mane of hair. Despite that, he was ever aware of his surroundings. It wasn't easy listening over the fillies endless amount of prattle, but he needed to know if any thing else was lurking nearby. . . .

She claimed to know when he parents slept and when they rose, but leave it to them to wake up early this one day. Or notice her disappearance. Some parents. . . . while he had no children of his own, he knew the sort of paranoid wreck he would be if he did! Especially with how many foals he'd come across that just up and left the protection of their family unit!

Still, he had to be aware. . . for his safety, of course, but also for hers. Others might be drawn to the small filly out alone, and once he did get rid of her . ..well. . . who knew what might happen if a predator was lurking nearby, waiting for Reject to turn away.

Damnit all.

"Not all predators pounce at first opportunity. Do well to remember this." It was more of a warning. Just because Reject hadn't snatched her up now, didn't mean he couldn't later. Not that he would, but another predator could easily do such a thing. Ugh. . . foals.

Uta

Shy Mage

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm
Luminary pursed her lips a little at his warning. " Now you're sounding like my daddy" she chuckled " you know, when he's awake enough to scold me!" she laughed merrily " I'm pretty fast, no meanies could get me...though i'd have to hide in a field of daisies or something!" She fluffed her little wings " I'd stand out really well anywhere else!"

She sighed, a little of her pep fading as the stranger seemed only MORE tense " You need ta relax mister, I'm not gonna gobble you up or anything!" She giggled and wrinkled her little nose " Well I'll have to go back home to the nest eventually, but it's so much better explorin, even if i have to brave meanies sometimes!" She put on a tough face " rawrrrr!"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games