Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
New Evols Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:30 pm
So for the new Order of Chaos pack, there are going to be some new cards in store. Some of these are a new Evol exceed and 2 level 6s to make it. My question is if it's worth it or not.

Just to be clear, the new exceed is this.

It looks like it isn't quite worth it, just because solemn warning is going to be more accessible now, and covers wider range for negation (any summon or effect that special summons from your opponent). Granted, there are 2 level 6s that can be special summoned using the reptiles of the archtype, but even then it might be a risk for dead-draw.

What do you all think?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:54 am
I know of a few ways that I can summon this card onto the field, so it seems fairly solid to me in terms of a Dinosaur-Themed card. As for other decks, I can't see other decks using this card just because of the 2 Lvl 6 Dinosaur restriction to it. So, if I happen to get me a few of those when this set hits the states, you can bet my dinosaur deck will be running at least 1 or 2.  

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50

Devil-Steel

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:51 am
Jurrac decks running two Herra will be able to use it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 am
Pretty much. Also, I believe there will be some evols to go along with him that will meet the lvl requirements of the card.  

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm
Basic evols can use it by special summoning using the reptiles (can bring them from the deck to the hand, or special summon them from the hand or graveyard).

What I"m asking is, are the level 6s practical in an evol deck?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 pm
There are no lvl 6 Evols out at the moment, so you can't really gauge if they are practical or not. As for a normal dinosaur deck, I can't see the lvl 6 being practical since the only good lvl 6 dinos (that aren't Jurrac related) are frostsaurus and dark driceratops.

So, before we can even gauge if the rank 6 Evol is good in an Evol deck, we need to see some lvl 6 Evols come out.  

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:48 pm
Naru_Uchiha007
There are no lvl 6 Evols out at the moment, so you can't really gauge if they are practical or not. As for a normal dinosaur deck, I can't see the lvl 6 being practical since the only good lvl 6 dinos (that aren't Jurrac related) are frostsaurus and dark driceratops.

So, before we can even gauge if the rank 6 Evol is good in an Evol deck, we need to see some lvl 6 Evols come out.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evolsaur_Terias
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evolsaur_Elias  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 pm
Labyrinthknight63

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evolsaur_Terias
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Evolsaur_Elias

Those just got added to the Order of Chaos list, so it still falls in line with what I said about none being out yet since the set is still being previewed in Japan. But, based off that Elias' effect, I can see Evols lvl 6 monsters being played in an Evol deck in order to get that Xyz onto the field. Seems rather easy so long since there are a few Evols that let you summon the Dinosaur-type Evols to the field.

So, in short, I find they are playable so long as it sticks to the evol theme.  

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm
Your basic combo, just to throw it out there, would be to normal summon Evoltile Odonto, thus allowing you to special summon Evolsaurus Elias, and if you have another Elias or lvl 6 Evolsaurus in your hand (which isn't to hard because of Fossil Dig allowing you to put Lvl 6 or lower dinos in the hand) you can proceed to Xyz summon.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 pm
But considering solemn warning does a better job (negating any summon or effect that summons, not just special summons), and crowding in several of the level 6s can lead to dead draws if you can't bring them out, are they worth it. I know they fit in evols (they're named for the archtype), but just because something is from an archtype doesn't mean it's useful in a deck for that archtype.

There's also the possibility of using them for the exceed to take down bigger special summons, while saving solemn for effects causing multiple special summons at once, or powerful normal summons.

Which option is better, to go with or without them in the deck?  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:32 am
Labyrinthknight63
But considering solemn warning does a better job (negating any summon or effect that summons, not just special summons), and crowding in several of the level 6s can lead to dead draws if you can't bring them out, are they worth it. I know they fit in evols (they're named for the archtype), but just because something is from an archtype doesn't mean it's useful in a deck for that archtype.

If you can manage the deck correctly and know what stuff needs to be put in it and what stuff doesn't need to be in it, you don't run into the risk of clogging it up. Also, there are multiple ways to keep from clogging the hand with Lvl 6's so long as you only one 2 or 3 or one or the other: i.e. Gilasaur comes to mind.

Labyrinthknight63
There's also the possibility of using them for the exceed to take down bigger special summons, while saving solemn for effects causing multiple special summons at once, or powerful normal summons.

This card can easily take care of a Stardust Dragon or even help you punch for game after a perfectly timed Torrential Tribute or Dark Hole, since the first effect of the card protects it from destruction effects of cards. IMO, I find that to be very useful indeed... but this also stems back to my stating I can only see it being used in the archtype that it was made for.

Labyrinthknight63

The final verdict on this card: If you are going to explore the Evol archtype, this card is a good to run at 1 or even 2 (depending on the build you decide to make). As far as any other deck is concerned, this card won't be seeing much play at all given the restriction of having to use Lvl 6 dinosaurs to bring it out.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 am
Naru_Uchiha007
Labyrinthknight63

If you can manage the deck correctly and know what stuff needs to be put in it and what stuff doesn't need to be in it, you don't run into the risk of clogging it up. Also, there are multiple ways to keep from clogging the hand with Lvl 6's so long as you only one 2 or 3 or one or the other: i.e. Gilasaur comes to mind.

Labyrinthknight63

This card can easily take care of a Stardust Dragon or even help you punch for game after a perfectly timed Torrential Tribute or Dark Hole, since the first effect of the card protects it from destruction effects of cards. IMO, I find that to be very useful indeed... but this also stems back to my stating I can only see it being used in the archtype that it was made for.

Labyrinthknight63

The final verdict on this card: If you are going to explore the Evol archtype, this card is a good to run at 1 or even 2 (depending on the build you decide to make). As far as any other deck is concerned, this card won't be seeing much play at all given the restriction of having to use Lvl 6 dinosaurs to bring it out.

Thank you for that input, I'll see about adding in a couple.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Naru_Uchiha007

Dangerous Werewolf

9,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 am
No problem. And, in all honesty, you might want to look into just using Elias, since it seems more effective then the other. Basically, 2 to 3 Elias, 3 of the Odonto (cause of being able to summon the Evol from the hand when it's normal'd) and 3 copies of Fossil dig so you can setup the hand for a play with the Xyz. Also, other helpful cards to the deck might be Gilasaurus and hydrogedon, just because they can help you get easy rank 3 and rank 4 Xyz monsters on the field.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm
Well I'm going to try making a stun evol to take the opponent's resources. That being said, extra negation might just do the trick.

Also, I've put in 2 instant fusion for a rank 5 like freezerdon. This has led me to realize that those and 2 solemn warning would wear out my LP pretty damn fast if I'm not careful. Any ideas on recovery, or should I just drop instant fusion?  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers