Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
The Legend of Zelda : Shards of Elysia (OPEN) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:46 pm
User Image

The RP is OPEN, and Chapter Two has just begun!
The main plot is just beginning. There are two teams, one of Kokiri and one of Hylians, each of which have conquered their first dungeons. The Hylians are sleeping in Keuredet, and the Kokiri are soon departing from the forest to begin their journey! (What journey? Find out all about it in Chapter One!)
You're free to jump in at any time, as long as your profile has been approved.
Also, you don't have to follow the main plot at every moment if you don't want to. Variety is the spice of life, after all. Read the Information post for more...well... information. XD

Sub-plots:
A Weapon For Felin - Izzy and Felin climbed the Old Tree in search of a weapon, but got something extra along with it... COMPLETE

You are free to create your own at any time.
It should be easy to think of something, if you're familiar with this version of Hyrule.
Need or want help making a sub-plot? Ask in the OoC thread or PM me! The only stupid question is the one you don't ask! ^_^

The Main Villain has yet to be revealed, but there is one.

User Image
The current Season is AUTUMN, so:

• The general climate is cool and breezy during the day and chilly during the night.
  • Pumpkins are now growing in their usual areas (in other words, wherever we want them to be. XD).
  • Pegasus Trees in Hyrule Field are awake, and producing Pegasus Seeds for those who can use them.
  • Bouncy Mushrooms are now growing, allowing us to bounce on them to reach tall heights.
  • Fallen Leaves are everywhere... No, not the Billy Talent song, although I do love it. ^_^
  • Harvest Festivals will be going on in places such as Kakariko Town and Keuredet Village.

User ImageHappy HauntingUser Image

Contents

Page 1-

I. Title Page & Contents -
You are here

II. The Story
III. Information -
- World, Characters, Races, Weapons, Magic, etc.

IV. Rules
V. FAQ
VI. Cast
VII. Miscellany

The adventure begins on page 2~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:20 am
Prologue

Many years ago, an evil mage came to Hyrule from a northern land, with an army of followers. This young man - for very young he was - had somehow gained an unbelievable mastery of dark magic within his short years. With his terrifying powers, he forged a gargantuan palace right on the Northeast border of the land, destroying and defiling much of the earth there in the process. Once he had recruited enough fiendish people and created enough horrid monsters to do his bidding, he was prepared to move on Hyrule and conquer our people. His forces were like a horrible swarm, ready to consume our beloved country at a moment's notice.

But they never got the chance. Our Queen Zelda, who had foreseen this calamity, used all her power to seal the mage within his palace. The Hylian army then moved in to do battle with his forces... but they were too late. Upon discovering what had befallen their master, his generals had fled to the palace. They used their own magic to create a barrier around it, forever blocking any attempt at attack. And then they retreated into the depths of the dark stronghold, to find their once-almighty master bound in enchanted chains, unable to move, and trapped in an endless, dreamless sleep.

And there he will stay. No one can ever enter that accursed place again... and the none in the mage's army were ever brave enough to venture out of it. Thanks to the magic of our Sages, the land has been once again blanketed with endless forest, and the castle itself just a painful memory in the minds of our people.

So our land has been ruled in peace and prosperity ever since. Now Queen Zoe is on the throne, and although her first son mysteriously lost his life when he was still very young, she remains a wise and happy and much-beloved ruler. And so, everyone is sure, will her little ones Zelda and Zach be, when they grow older.

And the dark ones? None remain but the hordes of vicious monsters created by that evil boy. And they scattered and disappeared long ago, never to be seen again... Or so we all thought. We thought they would remain the stuff of legends.

Rumors, when they are spread, can be harmless.

Ah, but when they begin to be confirmed, now that's another matter entirely...

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 am
Information

This RP will be rather simple, and nowhere near as complex as the now temporarily deceased FF RP, The Fiction We Live. But there are certain things you should know, other than that short plot summary you've just read. I'll break down the subjects and details one by one.

World and Timeline Placement:

The RP does take place in (and some places outside of) Hyrule. I know what you're thinking: WHICH HYRULE?, right? XD
Let me clarify:

In timeline placement (don't get me started rambling about that), this story takes place about 164 years after Ocarina of Time. (In the Child Timeline, for those of you familiar with the official timeline released by Nintendo; if you are not, and would like to know where exactly this RP would fit, PM me or Izzy. If you don't want to know, that's fine too; we won't spoil it for you.) So, if you've played Ocarina of Time (who hasn't?) then breathe a sigh of relief, because we're using that Hyrule. It IS going to be a bit different, but just in a few ways. Any changes or new locations, whether big or small, will be made clear at one point or another, so don't worry about getting lost in ten huge infodumps.

User Image

Area List:

Hyrule Field - This is basically a central hub area connected to many of the other areas of Hyrule, as those who've played the game (or discovered it from the map) know. The four kinds of Mystery Trees grow here, but each of them only awakens in a certain season. There are many Secret Grottoes scattered along the field, waiting to be discovered by curious adventurers.
  • Lon Lon Ranch - Located in central Hyrule Field, this ranch was originally owned by one family, but they've taken a few people in since those days, and now five families share the two houses. They all do their part to raise the ranch's cuccos, cows, and of course, horses. They also own quite a massive amount of farmland, and grow many crops year-round.
    Note: The ranch has expanded quite a bit since the OoT days.
  • Keuredet Village - A small village, founded not even half a century ago, when some citizens in Kakariko Town and the Castle City decided to move away and find their own land. It is located in southeast Hyrule Field. Although most of the inhabitants are farmers and millers, there is a bakery, a forgery, and a tailor. (What song does that put in my mind? Hm...) There are also two sister witches (No, not Koume and Kotake; these witches are also Hylians, not Gerudos) who live in a hut at the southeast of the village and make potions and other medicines for the other villagers.

Hyrule Castle - This should be obvious. Hyrule's castle is located in the North of the country. There are rumors that one of the Great Faeries lives near here. The Guards defend the castle 24/7. I've heard it's hell on wheels to sneak into that place these days...
  • Hyrule Castle City - The city just south of the castle, where many, many Hylians make their homes. The Market is the spot people usually hang out in, seeing as how there are so many shops and games around. There's even a back alley with secret shops that only open at night! The Castle City is also home to two important buildings: the Temple of Time in the Northeast, and the Hyrule Academy in the Southeast. The Temple is a sacred place, and everything is sealed off except for the main chamber. The Academy is where young ones go to learn the ways of Knighthood or the path of the Sage. Everyone who wishes to join the Knights of Hyrule must train here.

Lost Woods - A seemingly endless, thick forest whose boundaries are not fully known. It can be maze-like in some areas, and it is said that those who become lost in these woods and never find their way back, eventually become monsters (resulting in Stalfos and Skull Kids)...
  • Sacred Forest Meadow - A sacred place in which rest the ruins of the ancient Forest Temple. It is said that a Great Faery also makes her hidden home here, though she has rarely been seen...
  • Kokiri Forest - Home of the Kokiri, the forest children. They have their own little village set up here. This is also where you will find the Deku Tree's Meadow.
  • Deku Town - Home of the Deku Scrubs ever since the current Deku Tree granted them permission, this town is located in the heights of the Old Tree (Great Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time). Their homes are basically holes in the "ground" (tree branches). The Deku Scrubs guard the Deku Mine (the inside of the Old Tree), a place where they mine for all sorts of materials. Being a part of their home, and the dearly departed Father of the forest, they also consider the place sacred.

Kakariko Town - This was originally a Shiekah village, but the great Impa opened it up to everyone. Since those days, it has grown and developed into a real town. Interesting places to note are Impa's House, The Windmill, and Kakariko Well.
  • Graveyard - The Kakariko Graveyard holds special burial places for not only the royal family, but also the defenders of Hyrule. It is said the Shiekah watch over this place in their slumber...
    The Graveyard also holds the entrance to the obscure Shadow Temple; however, the entrance was sealed off many years ago...

Death Mountain - This mountain is actually an active volcano. It is said that the large smoke ring around the peak reflects the state of the mountain.
  • Death Mountain Trail - A wide trail that leads to all the famous locations of the mountain, and even all the way up to the summit, where a Great Faery is said to dwell.
  • Goron City - Home of the Gorons.
  • Death Mountain Crater - You'd better have a high tolerance for heat if you plan on going in there. This fiery, lava-filled crater is home to the legendary Fire Temple.

((More areas coming to the list soon! Phew, that was a lot of typing!))

About Characters:

First of all, it should be stated that in this roleplay, your character will be you. Er...well, in a sense. You'll be playing yourself, as if you've lived in Hyrule all your life, and as if you were born whichever Tribe you choose for your character (more on that later).

Note: You don't HAVE to make your character yourself, if you don't want to. That's just the main way it'll go. If you have an OC you'd like to use, we'd love to see it.

I decided on the "you are your character" formula a while ago, because I thought it might be easier, especially for first-timers. I had to trash a few character concepts I had been working on when I came to this decision, but it's alright, I'll use them for something else. ANYWAY, the point is, you don't have to worry about creating an OC. Just do everything naturally. Also, you don't have to make your character's name as YOUR actual IRL name, if you don't want to. It's just optional. You can use a nickname, or something completely original. It's all gravy.

Tribes: There will be five Tribes to choose from for your character. Only two will be available at the beginning, but the rest will become available rather quickly, as the story progresses. The list will remain here, for everyone to see. Oh, and one small note: some Tribes have their own independent abilities (they should be obvious to anyone who knows about them). These abilities are pretty much exclusive (except for the rare occasion of an ability being granted by a special item or circumstance), such as Kokiri being able to go places that adults can't, or a Zora's born ability of breathing underwater.

• Hylian - A race of human people who look extremely similar to the humans of our world, with the exception of their pointed, elf-like ears. They mostly live in highly populated cities and smaller villages. For more info, click here.
    User Image

• Kokiri - The "children of the forest" - so called because they remain children, and never age - watched over by the Deku Tree. They live in the Kokiri Forest, and it is said that if they ever leave, they will suffer a horrible fate. This hasn't stopped some of them from venturing out of the woods, however. You can read more about Kokiri here.
    User Image

The others will be available soon, although I'm sure it's obvious what they are. XD

Powers, Skills, and Character Development: Yes, I know. If any of you were around for the TFWL days, you're probably asking, "What's the system for abilities?" or "How complex is the job tree/ability chart?"

Well, the system is very simple, and as for the job tree, THERE ISN'T ONE! Muwahaha!

Skills will mostly be obtained under certain circumstances, such as gaining a special item or piece of equipment that grants you the skill, or visiting a Great Faery, et cetera. You know, the way it usually works in Zelda games. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it? Ya know, since this is a Zelda RP? XD

Also, some skills will be obtained simply as your character grows. No, there are no levels, no XP or AP or anything. There's not even a heart gauge (There originally was going to be one, but then Banshee thought to himself, "Wow, I'm overcomplicating things again."). No tabletop stuff or anything, no trying to be a video game. The formula is cut right down to just simple RP mechanics. SO, when I say "as your character grows", I mean as story events happen and you go through character development. See? Isn't that simple? Yay!

About Magic: There WILL be magic spells as some old-school Zelda fans would come to expect, but there are many more than three, and there are many more ways to obtain them than the methods we remember (another old stone tablet? Oh okay, lemme raise my sword to the sky real quick.. Oh, wise man of the village, let's go visit him so I can learns me some magics!), and some characters will be more proficient than others.

"But Banshee," you ask, "I thought you said there were no job classes or anything in this RP?"

And right you are, and I'm so glad you're paying attention! Gold star for you! It's true, there are no job classes. But in your application, you'll be able to choose whether you have exceptional physical strength, exceptional magic power, or a lower, balanced proportion of both. People who choose strength will acquire stronger weapons through the RP than the others. Those who choose magic will learn more powerful spells. Those who choose to be in-between will have an average balance, but will not receive weapons and spells of the EXTREME variety.

Also, there are certain special items, the use of which is fueled by magic. If you're out of magic, they won't work until your magic recovers. Makes sense, eh?

Weapons: Every character will have at least one weapon. You can start out with a weapon, or choose to not have one yet. If the latter is the case, your first little side-quest thingy will be obtaining your first weapon. Someone will help you set it up, too. It'll be fun, kinda like finding the Kokiri Sword in OoT, except not exactly because the Kokiri Sword isn't IN this RP. In your app, you'll be asked to describe your first weapon (or what your first weapon will eventually be, if you don't start out with one).

You can choose what type of weapon it is (BUT keep it realistic {as realistic as Zelda games go, anyway}. See note below.), and come up with its individual design, you know, material, colors, etc., you know, really make it your own. It can be anything from a simple wooden sword, to a finely crafted slingshot with intricate designs and badass paint that you spent hours upon hours making for yourself. Any way you want it, that's the way you need it. Haha, Classic Rock references. My heart feels all warm inside now. ^_^

NOTE: Like I said, try to keep it realistic (is that an oxymoron in this context?). Example: A Goron wielding a huge, 200-pound hammer or a gigantic axe, or a pair of fighting gauntlets made for a Goron. Hm... Yes, those are perfect ideas for your weapon. Makes sense. Now, example part 2: A Kokiri wielding a huge, 200-pound hammer or a pair of fighting gauntlets made for a Goron. Hmmm.... Something doesn't add up here....
How is this tiny person who looks like he/she is ten years old, gonna even swing their arms around with those gauntlets? Not happening.

Obviously, there are certain weapons and equipment that is exclusive to certain races who can wield it. And there are also certain weapons that some races just can't use, as seen in example 2. Also, there are some weapons that a certain race is well-known for using in the games (example: Gerudos have always been seen using glaives and scimitars. Does that mean that's all they can use? Hell no! If you're a Gerudo, and you want to wield a broadsword or a crossbow, be my guest! Not only would it be something interesting to see, but everyone would love to hear the stories of it, like where you got it from, why you prefer to use it, etc. Let's just not come up with anything TOO farfetched.

Relics: There will be certain special items called Relics obtained in this RP. Anyone who's played a Zelda game will surely recognize at least a few. There is only one of each Relic, although I'm doing my best to make similar, original ones (aka ripoffs {JOKING}) of them so everybody gets a wide variety. Relics will be unveiled as the story progresses, and I WILL give everyone choices on which ones they get, but the choices will be limited to what is coming up at any given time. Some examples of Relics are: Hookshot, Gust Jar, Pegasus Boots, Lens of Truth. There is no Bow Relic, because bows are weapons open to everyone who wants one. Iron Boots and certain other useful items are not relics either, because they are Forged items (keep reading for info on Forging), and there will be multiple copies available, as opposed to Relics, which, as mentioned before, are all one-of-a-kind.

Forging

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 am
Rules, Guidelines, and Other Tidbits

1. Posting -

This RP isn't going to be nearly as complex as The Fiction We Live. This has been said a few times before, I know, but I wanted to make sure it was clear. Anyway, as such, the literacy standards won't be so high this time around. But yes, I expect you all to at least read what your write out to check it before posting it. Also, your posts don't always have to be GARGANTUAN. At least one paragraph is acceptable, if that's all that's required. And what I mean by "paragraph" is about five sentences, maybe a few more. Even cutting it to three sentences may fly when that's all that's needed, but those will be rare occasions. Any less than that at any time is just not gonna work.

Also, colors in your text aren't REQUIRED unless you're posting as more than one character (which will mostly only be RP moderators who play NPC's and monsters and stuff with me), you know, to differentiate between them. Make it easier on the readers, as well as your fellow writers. And another thing to help with that will be your locations. In the beginning of each post, you'll put a small notice of your name and location, in this format:

[Link : Kokiri Forest : Link's House]

If you're writing multiple characters, just add the extra name(s) in there, giving them their respective colors if you want:

[Link & Talon : Kakariko Village : House]

Pretty simple, right? You can use brackets, parentheses, whatever - or even just italicize it, if you want. Whatever works for you. Just make sure it's at the beginning.

2. Time:

Please be consistent with time. Not to a nagging, nerve-racking extent, but at least have sense. If a group of heroes is fighting monsters in sunlight at around noon, don't make a post with your character wandering around town at night. Wait till it actually is night time. And... that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

3. Cooperation:

Everyone has their own opinions and views and whatnot. And I respect that. And I expect everyone else to as well. And this guild has always been a friendly place. But every once in a while, something's bound to happen. If anybody ends up getting in an argument or something, that's okay, I understand that it happens - we all can't agree on everything. BUT, and this is the only thing I will ask of you in this instance, take it to the OOC or to private messages. Keep personal arguments and fights out of the RP, please. I'm asking this nicely, not telling, because as our older members know, I'm just one of the guys here. I only jump into Captain Mode when it's called for. And when people start unhinging the doors with their verbal wars, that's when it's definitely called for, even though it's never happened before. Be that as it may, I'm asking this one thing: keep it out of the RP. If it's over some personal stuff, take it to a PM. If it's over something Zelda- or RP-related, take it to the OOC or the Village (fan corner). That is all.

4. God-moding:

It just straight-up isn't allowed. The only time it will EVER be allowed, is when you're playing a very powerful boss or other character which would HAVE to god-mode to make sense. This RP will have a few of those, but other than those brief cases, no one, including Iz and myself, is allowed to do it.

5. Limitations:

There are certain things (weapons, items, skills, etc.) which will not be allowed in the RP. A lot of these should be incredibly obvious. Many of them may not be. Either way, here's the list:

• Needless to say:

No, you cannot play Link. No Zelda either. Ganon? Nope. "Why?", you ask? Well, for starters...

Link, Zelda, and Ganon are not in this RP! Neither is Vaati, although I love him so. XD
    This RP is all original characters. YES, the current queen's daughter IS named Zelda, but that's:
    1.: just a nod in the game series' direction, you know, show love for the game and whatnot, and
    2.: not relevant at all, because she's not actually IN the RP except for a few short scenes. The plot doesn't revolve around her, no heroes go rescue her, and, to top it all off, she's just a wee bairn! What's she gonna do, shake her sippy cup at the bad-guys? Honestly.

So, are we clear? No Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. Good. Moving on...

Also, no, no one can have the Triforce.

• Weapons:

Before you even say anything, in case you don't read the list, no, you cannot have the Master Sword. This should go without saying, but eh, might as well trim the trees while you're at it if you're gonna trim the hedges.

Here's the list of weapons that are off-limits:
    Master Sword - because come on, seriously?
    Kokiri Sword - because Link (OoT Link) took it with him on his journey, and it's never even been confirmed that he even returned to Hyrule at all, so NO.
    Four Sword - HELL no. Don't get me started on a timeline rant.
    Ganon's Trident - That's like taking Shao Kahn's hammer away. Oh wait, didn't they do that? ANYWAY, the answer is still no.
    Any other weapon from some other video game or anime like Final Fantasy or Bleach or whatever the "kewl kids" want to butcher with fanfiction these days - Because ew, can you say "cliche"?

• Items/Equipment:

Ocarina of Time - No, no, and NO.
    Wind Waker - does that even BELONG here?
    Spirit Flute - again I ask, does that even belong here?
    Eight Instruments of the Sirens (Full Moon Cello, Wind Marimba, Surf Harp, etc.) - Because this isn't Koholint Island.
    Faery Ocarina - because it was a gift to (OoT) Link from Saria.
    Majora's Mask - because it's an evil mask with a dark god sealed inside it that wreaked havoc on Termina. And as far as we know, it belongs to that creepy Mask Salesman guy now. Let's leave it at that.
    Fierce Deity's Mask - because it turned the final battle against Majora into a cakewalk. Godmoding much?
    Dominion Rod - because it's passed down from generation to generation to be given to a certain person, and that person is not in this RP.

(If I've missed any, let me know)

• Skills:

Unless otherwise stated in the future, warping via music will not be allowed here.

And that's about it! If I've missed anything, bring it to my attention in the OOC thread. ^_^
Type "Waking Up" at the bottom of your RP app to show that you've read the rules.
Ting along, tong along, diggin' around fer kinstones~  

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:36 am
F.A.Q.

No questions yet... If you want to ask something, do it in the OOC thread, and I'll try to copypasta them all here for easy reference. Cheers~  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 am
Cast

This is where all the characters will be listed. If a group is still open for members, your character may be enlisted in it. All you have to do is put the name of the group in the "Groups" section of your app. If you wish to create an NPC to roleplay, or apply for an already created one, you may do so.

Groups

• Deku Squad - A group of Kokiri who have proclaimed themselves the working hands of the Deku Tree. Their leader is Mido. Their headquarters is the Deku Tree's Meadow.
    - Open for members

Members:
    Mido (NPC)

• Snapdragon Gang - A small group formed by young Kokiri, who pull pranks on occasion and make up secret games. Their leader is Izzy. Their hideout is located in the Hole of Z.
    - Open for members

Members:
    Izzy
    Nado (NPC)
    Luke (That's debatable amongst the other members)

Main Characters

Izzy - Izzy Talliessin
Felin - Kallori
Phyela - Kallori
Naroh - Dark Xaero
Luke - Banshee Coffinnightmare

Supporting Characters/NPC's

Major:

Great Deku Tree - Guardian of the Forest who watches over the Kokiri.
(Everybody keep in mind that this Deku Tree is the one that was a mere sprout in the adult time in OoT. Of course, a little more than 100 years have passed since then, so he's grown quite a bit.)

The Owl - A mysterious, talking owl.
He claims to have lived a rather long life, though how is still a mystery, as is everything about him. He has decided to swoop in and check up on the Heroes every now and then.

Minor:

Nado - Second-In-Command of the Snapdragons Gang, she's known Izzy all her life.

Mido - Leader of the Deku Squad, and self-proclaimed boss of the Kokiri.

Woodbine - A Deku Scrub who plays saxophone in a band in Deku Town.

Fen - A Business Scrub who travels around the Lost Woods in search of forgotten treasures. He also has imports from faraway lands.

The Indigo Sisters - Emily and Amy Indigo run the Indigo Potion Shop in Keuredet Village. They are young, but very wise witches. They are the ones responsible for Phyela, their apprentice.

Aroma - The younger sister of the Hylian boy Luke. She claims to have seen people in a cave beneath Keuredet's well - people no one else can see or hear.  

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 pm
Miscellany

Current Jobs Open:

NPC's - As always, there are plenty of important (and not so much) NPC's to be played. Anyone is welcome to try their hand at playing them; any NPC's left open will be (until filled) played by myself or Izzy or some unlucky victim we choose, muwahaha! And yeah, considering how many NPC's there will wind up being here, that's a lot of work! So if you're feeling up to it, grab 'em while they're hot! There are no requirements for minor roles, but if you want to play a major NPC, you must be decently active (as in, at least one or two posts a week) during the times that the character is present. Don't worry, if you're playing a major NPC, we'll let you know when that time comes! Also, you can play as many minors as you like, but at the moment, just one major NPC per person, please.

List of open NPC's

Major:
Great Deku Tree

Minor:
Mido
Kokiri Shopkeeper
Know-It-All Brothers
Aroma

This list will be changed periodically, so check it every now and then to see new additions~

Monster Mods - If you want to control a portion of the many hordes of monsters to be faced in this RP, feel free to let us know! The only requirement for this job is that you must have at least fair knowledge of Zelda monsters.

Dungeon Masters - And no, it has nothing to do with D&D. This is a job only for those of us with lots of spare time on our hands. This job consists of designing a dungeon. For the sake of the RP not dying (and my sanity), I already created the first couple of dungeons in here, long before I opened the RP (in fact, before I even came back to Gaia). So should we put off making the others just cause we have time? Hell no!

Here's how this works if you're interested: You PM me or Izzy and tell us you'd like to try this job out, and we'll tell you which dungeons are up for designing. You pick one and get crackin'! Of course, you might want to get another person to help you with it, unless you've got no life or something, because it's a VERY complicated job. You've got to:

• Decide on an overlaying theme (unless it's a pre-existing dungeon in OoT - if you're designing the Water Temple, it's still going to be the Water Temple. There may be a few pre-existing ones you may change up a litte bit, as long as you keep it recognizable; if so, we'll let you know.)
  • Draw up maps
  • Design each room
  • Design puzzles and decide which puzzles go in which room
  • Decide which Relics are needed to progress at which parts
  • Decide which monsters will appear in the dungeon, which monsters will be in which rooms, whether or not any of the monsters will be key to the puzzle in a certain room, etc...
  • Decide which rooms are Mid-Boss Rooms
  • Decide which room is the Boss Room, and create a unique/interesting puzzle that must be solved in order to reach it, or decide which Relic makes it accessible
  • Place all the treasure chests
  • Decide what goes IN each treasure chests (Small Keys, Map, Compass, Big Key, random treasure like rupees and whatnot. There will be at least one or two treasure chests which hold Relics. You must decide where these chests are and how they are obtained, but you cannot decide which Relics are in the chests; that job is solely mine, unfortunately. NOTE: Relic Chests MUST be in Puzzle Rooms or Mid-Boss Rooms, as must be the Big Key Chest. Map and Compass Chests require Puzzle Rooms, not Mid-Boss Rooms.

As you can see, it's a tedious, complicated job, but for dungeon nerds like me, it's also fun and rewarding. It's also really fun when you work on it with a friend; that way, you get to share the awesomeness of making something together, plus it's easier on the both of you. If I haven't scared you off, here's hoping you have fun with it! XD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 pm
Turn the page...  

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items