Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 am
My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic

OC's only, I'll be running the show, possibly a twisted grimdark/horror theme NOT INVOLVING CUPCAKES, only accepting so many, don't reply or even bother if your tastes don't agree with the setting, already get enough hate from close friends for it lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:25 am
I am ready. mad

In fact... ready doesn't even BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

More like passionately enthusiastic.

Iomma Sensei
already get enough hate from close friends for it lol.

It's okay, Iomma-chan. I still love you.

And tolerate you.  

Fiver

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 am
>.> ....

<.< ....

User Image

Might be interested...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 pm
Well, this is for interest atm, still testing waters, and found no one I one irl minus like, 2 people, were willing to try it.

Be a very heavy RP focus game, cause, well, it's an RP heavy system.  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fiver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm
User Image

That's all? That can't be all.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm
Alight. Alight! You got me. If you're willing to teach me how to play, I'll join.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Fiver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:08 am
Sure! blaugh Not a whole lot to know, honestly, more guidelines to roleplay than a strict rules set. The book is even smaller than it looks: a lot of the pages are either not full or altogether blank. Here's the extra-short version:

Everything is rolled on a d20. DCs are determined on the fly by the GM based on a loose guideline. Bonuses don't get very high. I think it gives it a nice "ordinary person" feel that fits FiM rather well. ^-^

Ultimately the point is to create a character, not a character sheet. How you play them - their personality, desires, loves, and flaws - is more relevant to the game than how big a plus they get to something.

Pick a race. You get a +1 to one Primary Ability depending on this. Unicorns and pegasi get the obvious benefits, earth ponies get benefits obviously based directly on Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Had to give 'em something, right?

Three Primary Abilities: Body, Mind, and Heart. Almost everything else is derived from these. They all start at 1, you get +1 to one depending on race, and another +1 of your choice. When you make a roll, you add whichever of these most applies.

Three Secondary Abilities:
- Health is Body + Heart. This drops when you get hurt.
- Energy is Body + Mind. This drops when you exert yourself, especially over a long period. You can also spend it after rolling for an extra +1.
- Courage is Mind + Heart. This drops when you encounter something frightening. You can spend it before rolling to get a +1. If you succeed, you get the point of courage back.
Whenever any of these are challenged, you roll them (1d20+Health/Energy/Courage). On a successful roll, you lose 1. On a failed roll, you lose 2.

You can also, once per session (or per in-game day, I believe Iomma plans it), convert any number of energy into health, or courage into energy or health. Yay tenacity over sturdiness!

You get to choose two talents from a list of ten to represent what your character is just inherently good at (strong, smart, empathetic, etc...). You get a +2 to rolls where the talent applies.

You get a number of skills equal to your Mind. There is no skill list. Just pick anything so long as it's not too broadly defined (Ex: "chemistry" instead of "science"). You get a +1 to rolls where the skill applies.

Pick an Element of Harmony. They actually gave Magic personality traits. The people who wrote this game seem to be as confused about the meaning of "honesty" as the people who wrote the show. Aside from the obvious implications of developing a character's personality, this is also how you recover health/energy/courage, and once per session (day?) you can use your element to provide a bonus to a roll (your own or someone else's) equal to the number of friends in the group.

These rules, as I've listed and explained them, are as they apply to little ones. Adults get more benefits, but don't worry about those yet... Yay insider information! Also, a lot more to do with your character's special purpose/cutie mark, as well as the magic system if you play a unicorn, but I was trying to keep this short. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 am
Well, if a 'day' could feasibly count as a session, but I may divide it into chunks, even have a few sessions happen in a single day. No set schedule for that  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 pm
If no interest is found for this, I can remove it, or take it elsewhere, at least for now ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:27 pm
Just posting here to say; I am zee interested! I don't get on Gaia too often though, so send me messages whenever possible on updates, once the thread is made, when we're making characters, etc etc etc. But yes.

FOR BRONIEEEES  

AceCordellis

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 am
It's all good, I have a plan in mind, discuss it latter when I have my own keyboard up and running lol  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 pm
The countryside spreads far and wide, with the small city Fetlocksley nestled away, old cryptic structures, rebuilt and maintained for ages past, both good times and the bad. The weather is somewhat rough, rainy for the climate, as the Pegasi have determined to be the best course of weather through culture. As with the nearly constant rain, rivers and lakes are common, and gardening is everywhere.

You're all young, discovering your special purpose, living under others, learning the higher ends of life and its archaic ways. There are plenty of others your age, a time of hopeful outlooks and prospects. Welcome, to your life.  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm
Make 'two' characters. One as a small pony 'Blank Flank', and a fully fleshed out Adult version, as there will at some point be a time gap between the two ages.

The story will start out with each member discovering their special purpose, discussing your character with me in full before hand will increase the plot development for the future.

This will be horror, but plan a character as if it were cannon MLP:FiM, the cute, cuddly, careless, frivolous, optimistic outlook sort. Horror is more horrible when it happens to those who aren't ready for it :3

I promise to be tender, but I am a fear weaver. heart

PM or message me over MSN [for the few of you I know to have me on their MSN and want to enter].  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 pm
Epiphany is a filly with a passion for learning, feeling it's the best way to unlock a person's full potential. This applies to others if anything more than herself: she loves to help others discover in themselves what they are capable of.

She embodies the polar opposite of Oscar Wilde's definition of a cynic, seeming to see the value of everything but the cost of nothing. This frequently leads her to overextend her means, entering most everything with energy, enthusiasm, and a lack of due care. Even at this, she's far from a spotlight hog, all too happy to stand back and let others shine, ever-ready to channel that energy and enthusiasm in the support of another.

She likes to try to understand the world around her, people and things. By knowing people, she helps them know themselves. Knowing the world and how it works gives her a skeptic's understanding. In a world with magic and fantastic creatures, she likes to be able to differentiate between what really exists and what is only stories.

Epiphany is a unicorn with a near-white creamy orange coat, her mane and tail the colors of autumn leaves, curling at the end.

Body: 1
Mind: 2
Heart: 2

Health: 3/3
Energy: 3/3
Courage: 4/4

Special Purpose: unknown (blank flank)

Talents: perceptive, empathetic

Skills: psychology, paranormal investigation

Element: magic  

Fiver

Roleplay (dice)