[PRP] Tip of the Iceberg (players inside) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Rishy walked through the sun lit woods. it would still be quite a while till sunset. she had to get away before her mate woke up. trailing behind her was her daughter Frostbite, who looked more than unhappy to be there. Rishy did not care though, this was important. She weaved her ways through trees and over brush, keeping a trotting pace. they had to get far enough away so that their scent would not be picked up from the borders. She reached a clearing and stopped. behind her her daughter was panting loudly. Rishy turned around and hisses. "Shut up child, i want to make sure you understand why you got in trouble yesterday." Frostbite said nothing so Rishy continued. "you are a female, and i am a female. we are the lowest of the pack. when it is time to eat father eats first, them brothers, then me and you. but its more than that, you know better to speak out of turn. if Nightstalker tells you to hunt, you go and hunt, i dont care if he is your brother, he is also your superior." Rishy waited to see if Frostbite was even listening, that stupid girl could be so outspoken and stubborn sometimes.

Frostbite growled as she tripped over a root. it was still bright outside and her vision was all messed up. why the heck did her mom wake her up so freaking early. it wasent even sunset yet and here they were prancing through the forest. of course her mom seemed un-phased by the stupid sun, but Rishy had always been on the odder side. as soon as they reached a clearing Frostbite dropped to the ground. she was exuahsted, it had been a long run, way outside of the pack borders. Rishy began spouting off some nonscence about hunting for the family and a famales place in the pack. Frostbite already knew all if this crap. in fact most if it just came to her naturally. of course the boys always eat first, and why would she ever challenge her brothers. they were twice her size and both excellent fighters. not that she couldnt hold her own against them, but there was no need to prove this. Frostbite just sneered and turned her head away from her mom. she did not need to listen to this crap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 pm
Kenton Stood staring down his two children. they had just received a long lecture on the dangers of living by a forest. he had covered topics like running off a cliff, drowning in streams, being carried away by large birds, and other ridiculous scenarios that would most likely not happen. he was really just playing with them. but there was one point that he wanted to make very clear. "Now i want you two to remember this." he paused for dramatic effect, "not all soquili out there are nice. infact some of them can hurt you. there are two main ones that i want you to avoid, they are Kalona and Skinwalkers." Kenton straightened himself and began pacing back and forth with continuing the lecture. "Kalonas are easy to spot, they have sharp teeth, leathery wings, and long snakelike tails. not all of them are mean, but it is beast to avoid them until you know for sure. now Skinwalkers you must avoid at all costs. they look like normal soquili, but they have an animal pelt on their back, usually a wolf or cat pelt. skinwalkers are enemies, they feed off of flesh. to them you are no different than a rabbit or a squirrel that they would eat for dinner. if you ever see either one of these types of soquili it is best if you run and tell an adult immediately." he looked to Cali for approval. he did not want to scare the children, but it was important that they knew these things. he hoped in the deepest depths of his heart that neither of his children would ever cross paths with any danger.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:59 pm
Calixte smiled at Kenton as she laid down beside him in their family's nest, leaning against his legs slightly. Oke plopped down next to her. She was so proud of them - of all of them. Tin, Enaran, Kenton, Oke... She'd give up anything for them, and as Kenton gave his lecture about the danger that the dark woods could present, she mulled over her own experience with a skinwalker. Although the stallion hadn't been one of the mythical pure skinwalkers, he had been a little scary, even to her; Cali's past life had been filled with beasts, and the skinwalker she'd met hadn't been even close to terrible, in her eyes. But her children, young and innocent as they were, were unafraid of everything. They'd been raised within the loving, protective arms of the herd, and didn't know much about the outside world. If they ever encountered a "stranger danger", disaster could strike.

"Your father is right," she said firmly, giving each foal - Oke included - a stern look in the eye. "Even talking to someone you don't know can be dangerous. The wood is hard to patrol, and I imagine that some things slip by us. If you hear someone or see someone that you don't know, get away as soon as you can. As for skinwalkers and kalonas..." Thinking about effective phrasing, she paused. "If you ever encounter one, I want you to run away or hide. If they have paws where hooves should be, sprint. The only chance you will get for survival is if you get to us before they get to you."

Looking up at Kenton, she smiled again and stood. "Now, with that thought in mind," Cali said, gesturing with a hoof and tapping each of them on the rump. "Run along and play."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 am
Enaran had tried to listen, he really had; but it was so much fun to watch all the different leaves in the tree’s and count how many were red orange yellow or even still green. He heard something of large birds; and some Soquili were mean, but as his mother spoke he heard to of something with paws and run. Then at the tap to go play he shook himself happily and smiled before prancing off. Who wanted to sit still all day! The whole forest was changing and he wanted to count all the ways it was! Bucking and licking backwards he nearly spun in circles before he took off in a dead run. Yes, nice and chilled; he wanted to see everything!

Looking behind himself to spot his sister, he whickered and called her to play; but stopped as his wide eyes caught the sight of a filly. Ears upturned he looked her over and thought she was very pretty, and how useful to have a nice warm thing of fur on her. Happy and excited for someone knew, he started trotting up to her and nickering a greeting. “Hi hi!” His voice bright and high still in colt hood. He spotted her paws as he drew closer, such sharp claws, but then his mother bear had claws to! Maybe she was like Oke and would play with him. Tail wagging he stopped before the new foal and tossed his head wishing her to play.

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 pm
Tinuviel looked after Enaran as he ran off, wondering whether he had listened - she could almost see his thoughts wander off. Though she loved her brother, she ran after him warily, hoping she wouldn't find him facing one of the ghastly subjects that Dad had just covered. "Enaran?" she called, puasing at the edge of trees he had run into and craning her neck to find his well-camouflaged coat. Not seeing it, she cautiously picked her way in after him.

Tin didn't see Enaran until she saw the bright blue coat of the scariest thing Mommy had talked about - a pure skinwalker, standing right in front of her brother. And he was asking it to play! She knew that look; his tail was even wiggling.

Slowly, she noticed something else about the skinwalker - it was small. Foal-sized. Okay, she thought, maybe it won't hurt him if it's a foal like us. Not wanting to ruin the happy mood Enaran was in, she kept watching from the clump of bushes she was hiding behind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 pm
Rishy was in no mood to deal with her daughters attitude. she sneered and turned to leave. "dont disappoint me, go and get us something to eat. ill be waiting back by that rock." Rishy nodded in the direction that they had come from, a ways back was a rock. Rishy left and headed towards the rick, but had no intention of going there. instead, when she was out of sight from Frostbite, she turned and jumped into a tree. she carefully lept from tree to tree till she was back to were she left Frostbite. Rishy intended to watch and see just what her daughter would do. the smell of Cerynei was everywhere. would Frostbite go hunt them, or would she avoid them and go for smaller prey.

Frostbite did not even turn to watch Rishy go. this was so stupid, who drags someone out in the forest in the middle of the day just to make them hunt. there was plenty of game by their cave, why did they have to walk all the way out here. Frostbite sat down, if she was forced to stay here then here she would stay. she had no intention of leaving this spot until Rishy finally gave up on her and came back. Frostbites ears perked up, something was coming, something noisy. she got to her feet and smiled as a foal came crashing through the bushes and right up to her. looks like she wouldent have to leave this spot after all. "you have got to be the stupidest person alive." instead of nickering like a stupid foal, Frostbite growled gave a little bark. she got down into the "play" position like a dog would, and waggled her tail. if this foal wanted to play, then she would play, but she doubted that they had the same meaning to the word. "ok ill play, but i wont hold back." she smiled and waited for the boy to make the first move, just like her mom taught her. boys go first.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 pm
Kenton watched as the kids ran off into the forest. he turned and nuzzled Cali thinking of how perfect his life was. he had a mate, and two children. granted the children were not from him, but it was all the same, he loved them with all of his heart. he would do anything to keep them all safe and happy. Kenton sat down next to Cali's familiar Oke. "how does one go about getting a familiar. ive never really thought about it before, but they are quite odd creatures. i mean Oke your fur is blue, not like a normal bear." he was generally curious. the subject of familiars was very foreign to Kenton. do they have a purpose or are they just fun to have around. of course, he did not mean that in a bad sense, he loved Oke, the funny blue bear was apart of their little family.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 pm
Cali looked at Kenton curiously and nuzzled him back, glancing down at Oke. He was looking up at her with a goofy, childish smile on his face, just like usual. "Haven't I told you how I met Oke?" she asked, studying the sweet little bear's rather messed up fur. "Why don't you tell him, Oke?" she said, and reached down to fix the fur on the top of his head with her muzzle. It was all sticking up in a fluffy mess.

Oke grinned again, but then she started fixing his fur. He hated that... That and baths, even though it was nice to be clean... But baths were just not nice. Scrunching his face up and closing his eyes, he weathered the small abuse that was happening on top of his head. His hair was fine the way it was. But his eyes lit up anyhow when Tay asked him to tell the story. He loved to talk to people, but he didn't usually. People who weren't Tay made him feel shy, but Kenton was family. "Well, Tay found me when I was looking for my mommy," he said, using his nickname for Cali. "And she took care of me when I couldn't find her. My coat kinda changed over time; it was weird." Happy as ever, he rolled over onto his back when he decided that Tay was done fixing his hair. He messed it up again, grinning the whole time.

"Why do I even bother?" she asked, laughing at Oke and poking his tummy with a hoof. She looked up at Kenton, who was much bigger than her at this level. "His mommy left to find food and disappeared." Trying not to make Oke sad, she nuzzled him lightly, rolling him over a little toward Kenton.  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:38 pm
Ears dropping he tilted his head. “No, not stupid.” Frowning he looked at her but seeing as how she declared she would play he smiled again and was bemused only for a minute as the filly bowed. He had seen foxes, before he was nudged away and warned they could eat foals. Still he had never had another foal do that before. Tail swishing he bowed back, clumsy and wobbly but he smiled and nickered. Not caring the odd sound she made was something he knew was a thing to fear. His mind was on play, and the simple fact she said she would play was good enough. “Can play then, tag is fun; maybe then hide-and-seek.” Moving forward he tried touching his nose against hers, intending to race off to start a game of tag.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm
Tin's ears flicked backward in anger as the foal called her brother stupid. He wasn't stupid! He could be silly, but he wasn't stupid. Just naive and playful. She snorted as quietly as possible, trying to hold in the quiet rage that settled in her gut.

Uneasiness raked through her when she saw that purewalker go down into what looked like a hunting position, growling... And then Enaran, probably thinking she actually wanted to play, copied her and moved in with their classic tag move. Oh no... Tin thought, and ran out of the bush nickering to stand beside her brother. "What do you think you're doing?" she asked him. "She could kill you. Didn't you hear what Daddy said?"

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 pm
Rishy watched in amusement as a cerynei foal came prancing up to Frostbite. that lucky little git was getting things way too easy. things were looking even more interesting as a second foal popped out of the bushes. two against one wasent really fair, but Rishy knew what Frostbite was capable of. two silly little foals was more like a play date than an actual challenge. Frostbite seemed to be treating it that way too, it looked like she was going to have some fun before she made a kill. well, not like she was expected her daughter to be any different. Pure blood ran deep in her veins.

Frostbite was just about lunge forward and swipe that silly grin off his face, when out of the bushes popped a second foal. a quick look over told Frostbite that they were probably siblings. the filly seemed to have a bit more sense than the colt that had just tried to start a game of tag with her. to bad too, tag was one of her favorite games. Frostbite wasent going to give the filly time to explain, she Lunged forward towards the colt, claws fully extended and aimed right at his throat. if all went well this would be an easy kill.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 am
Kenton nudged the bear a bit, his nose poking into the soft familiars side. it made sense at least. Cali found a lost bear and took it in. getting a familiar was a lot easier than he had thought. for some reason he had this idea in his head that there was some long journey and life experience involved, and something to do with getting it approved by spirits. Kenton scrunched his nose, something smelled funny. "hey when was the last time we gave this bear a bath?" he asked it in a playful manner, but when he leaned in to smell the bear, oke smelled just fine. the odd smell was coming from somewhere else. he looked quizzically at Cali. the smell of Purewalker was new to him, for he had never actually met one.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:42 am
"Oh, I push him in the stream regularly," Cali said, watching Oke mock-glare at her as Kenton poked him. Of course, the effect was lost - Kenton must have hit a tickle-spot, because Oke began to laugh hysterically. Glancing at Kenton, she met his gaze and lifted her nose slightly to the air - something strange was in it... She couldn't quite place it...

"Hey, I think I smelled that right before Mama disappeared," Oke said, sniffing too. "But it smells more... Delicate. Like a kitty."

It smelled like the skinwalker Cali had once met - but stronger and more evil. Fear grew in Cali's eyes as she got to her feet and looked at Kenton, hoping he would put it together.

((not giving Oke his own color 'cause it's too complicated XD))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:41 pm
Enaran looked to his sister confused as she popped out from somewhere and charged in angry. “Playing tag?” Ears falling back he looked at his sister then the other filly. He had only wanted to play, he saw nothing that would kill him here, but then his sister said she and the only she around was the other foal with the funny feet. When said funny feet foal lashed out at him Enaran’s eyes widened and he reared kicking out with his front hooves. This didn’t change the fact he felt claws rip at his chest just missing his tender neck. The shock of pain he had never felt caused him to scream and turn kicking out wildly with his back legs now before he took off in a panic. He had never been hurt before, falling and stumbling of course; and at times playing to rough; but the pain of those claws sent his vision tunneling.

Turned to a creature of panic he felt nothing of the brush ripping at his legs or hitting the scratches at his chest. His single thought was to escape. He forgot his sister, but had he been thinking he knew she would have run to if he took off. She was smart and fast; he had trouble with most of what she seemed to do in seconds and perfectly. Like noticing the smell of a predator, or even the sight of one.

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 pm
As Tin saw the filly reach out with her claws, she moved to hip check her brother - but he was already on the move, his chest scratched. Moving to stand in front of the purewalker and keep her from following after her brother, Tin got down in the same 'hunting' stance she'd seen earlier. A scream of anger ripped up her throat and out her mouth. It was a wordless cry for help from her parents, wherever they were... "How dare you attack my brother," she hissed, watching the filly like Helberd and Daddy had taught her - watching for the next move. "What is your name?"

Glaring, Tin's eyes searched the other filly's. "What do you want with us? Who sent you?" She had temporarily forgotten her parents' warnings in defense of her family and herd.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff