Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Rich Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:17 am

The Rich Family

"Absque Argento Omnia Vana"

Alexander Rich __ __ Lilith Rich nee Montague
                                            __ Pureblood ___________________ Pureblood, deceased

↳ Annabelle Ross nee Rich
                                                  __Pureblood
                                                  __(moved to Ross thread)

↳ James Perseus Rich
                                                  __Pureblood, (MPC)
                                                  (Played by Mephis Inferni, agreed 12/25/15 11:34 PM CST)
                                                  (Marked MPC as of 1/16/17)

Properties Owned
Rich Family Manor, Dunstable, England, UK
Annabelleʼs Flat, Hogsmeade, Scotland, UK

Last Update: updated 10/8/18

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/28/2017]
Updates Accepted by: ~ Dia [1/20/18]
Characters Accepted:
Alexander [03/28/2017]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 am
Lilith Rich nee Montague

Deceased

"Do you know what your sin is?"
"Aw, hell. I'm a big fan of all seven."

Hi, my name is Lilith Jessabelle Rich nee Montague

I'm a woman

I work as a homemaker.

I was thirty-two years old when I died.

I was born on June 8 1988

The house I was in was Slytherin

I may seem quiet, charming, polite, and well-mannered but I'm really quite the opposite. Behind my endearing mask, I'm cold, and manipulative. A dumb fox, one could say. I'd rather let my enemies underestimate me than to feed my ego. I don't mind the shadowed background, because I'm the one that can pull the strings of each and every marionette puppet. But, in the past few years, I've fallen ill and I haven't been able to leave my bed all this time. As time stretches, I'm growing more delusional and irresponsive.

My background story is charming, indeed. I was given everything a wealthy child could ever dream for, and my parents loved me dearly. I was the middle child of three, an elder brother, and a younger sister, but that had never truly bothered me. I enjoyed spending time with my family, but I haven't seen them since I've fallen sick. When I was but fifteen, I was arranged to wed Alexander Evan Rich, and not a year later, I was married. Ever since the day of my marriage, I devoted every ounce of my time to try and harbor a male heir for my husband, and I was blessed with three children. All girls, but only one had survived. My pride and joy, Annabelle.

I enjoy
Reading novels
Learning
Adventures
Tea time
Dolls

I despise
Sleeping
Free time
Cooking
Cleaning
Clocks

I look like Elisa Cuthberts

My wand is a Springy 8" Vine, Fox fur

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am still very ill, and often bed-ridden, though, my magic seemed to be taming and I venture out of the house more than I should.

Ambition can creep as well as soar.

I have a nephew, Dominic Montague, who will be starting Hogwarts.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:56 am

Annabelle Ross nee Rich

Married in the Summer of 2036

[moved to Ross thread]

[Old Profile in Spoiler]

Hi, my name is Annabelle Emery Rich

But I mostly go by Belle

I'm a lady, thank you very much.

I am the owner of Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range

I'm 32 years old.

My birthday is May 8 2004

My dream job is to be a world champion duelist

My blood status is Pure

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2022

I'm interested in boys

I'm currently dating Darius Ross

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm -too much of something. I can be too bossy, too charming, too rude, too opinionated, too reckless, too snobby, too prideful, and most predominantly, too selfish. In truth, I'm rather obsessed with achieving perfection in every aspect of my life. I'm spoiled, I'll admit it, and I love to be the center of everyone's attention. I've never been denied anything in my life, and I don't imagine I'd take kindly if it should ever happen. I may come across demanding to some and light-hearted to others, I'll always be fiercely loyal to my friends. There is a part of me that humbly cares, but I have a burning determination to be the most renowned witch of my time, and I will do anything to get the power that I want. Now that I'm older and a bit wiser, I've been burdened with the realizations of life. I feel like a shell, but I'm trying to find myself again.

My background story has always been a disappointment. I am the only surviving heir in my prestigious family, because my eldest sister had been born frail, and sickly, and my sister after her was stillborn. I was supposed to be a boy, but I wasn’t. I know my mother and my father mean well, and they understand it isn’t my fault, but I find myself growing to extreme lengths simply to gain their approval. Unfortunately, my mother fell bed-ridden when I was eight, and is unable to vessel another heir for my father before it would be too late. I’ve found myself spending a considerable amount of time with my father, now that it’s the last few years of my mother’s life, and every day I can see a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Each and every day, I’ll prove to him that I can carry on the family name, and that I won’t need a husband to do it for me.

School years all rolled on simply, just another wave in the ocean. My second year I started playing seeker for Slytherin. Fifth year, I was elected prefect. Seventh year, I was Head Girl, alongside Jasmine (which was a little odd, to say the least.) Nothing exciting had ever happened to me, not until after I had graduated. I was going to meet with Devin to tell him the news, I wasn't sure if I wanted it, but I was pregnant, and he at least deserved to know before I made any decisions. Before that ever happened, we were attacked by a dementor. He saved me, but he lost himself. He was caught by the dementors kiss, and then I ran. I never went back to find him. I apparated away, but was splinched, and had to go to St. Mungos. I lost the baby. Now, I don't know what to do anymore..

Lately, I've locked myself up in my shop. I was having too much relief in my depression, misery does love it's company, after all. And apparently da' just decided to inform me I have an eight year old brother. Absolutely lovely. He has a new son but I lose a child. It isn't fair and I can't help but feel pitiful, that I need to get out of this rut, that I'm ready for a change. I would close up shop for a few months and travel, but, times have gotten rough and as far as I know, the debt on my family just keeps getting higher. I can't afford not to work. But over the past few years, business has been picking up and Darius and Antony have been helping to ease me out of my slump. I've been spending a lot of time with Dare, actually; he's been sleeping over at my loft for a few weeks, (maybe months.) But now, after a drunken escapade thanks to the manipulating hands of Antony; me and Dare are officially dating since the fall of 2030.

I enjoy
Shopping
Drinking
Makeup
Dueling
Spontaneity

I despise
Disrespect
Impatience
Sexism
Judgement
Failure

I'm afraid of being tied down, robbed of my freedom.

My strengths are obviously, my dueling and flying,

My flaws are my reckless inhibitions, and fearlessness.

I look like Actress Ashley Benson

My wand is a 13” Hornbeam, Jobberknoll feather, unyielding

My pet is a Half-Kneazle named Lady, and I just bought a snowy owl named, Lucy

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy - E
Charms - O
Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
Herbology - O
History of Magic - O
Potions - O
Transfiguration - O
Alchemy - O
Care of Magical Creatures - P
Cursebreaking - O
Healing - E
Wandless Magic - E

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Charms - E
Defense against Dark Arts - O
Herbology - E
History of Magic - E
Potions - O
Transfigurations - O
Alchemy - O
Cursebreaking - E
Healing - A
Wandless Magic Practice Class - O

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Like my father, I'm also color blind, the protanopia one, which means I can't really see any red "light." My family name has dated as far back as the Middle Ages, and in all those years we’ve been renown across the lands for one reason: our wealth. Which most people assume was gained through extortion, deceit, and 'sudden-divorce' marriages, (and although that's mostly true) it has never been proven before. The Richs’ family sigil dons a silver chalice filled to the brim with blood, emblazoned on a purple banner. Their words are: “Absque argento omnia vana” = without money all is in vain.

Protanopia

Protanopes are more likely to confuse:-
1. Black with many shades of red
2. Dark brown with dark green, dark orange and dark red
2. Some blues with some reds, purples and dark pinks
3. Mid-greens with some oranges

People with dichromatic colour vision have only two types of cones which are able to perceive colour i.e. they have a total absence of function of one cone type. Lack of ability to see colour is the easiest way to explain this condition but in actual fact it is a specific section of the light spectrum which can’t be perceived. For convenience we call these areas of the light spectrum ‘red’, ‘green’ or ‘blue’ . The sections of the light spectrum which the ‘red’ and ‘green’ cones perceive overlap and this is why red and green colour vision deficiencies are often known as red/green colour blindness and why people with red and green deficiencies see the world in a similar way.

People suffering from protanopia are unable to perceive any ‘red’ light, those with deuteranopia are unable to perceive ‘green’ light and those with tritanopia are unable to perceive ‘blue’ light.

People with both red and green deficiencies live in a world of murky greens where blues and yellows stand out. Browns, oranges, shades of red and green are easily confused. Both types will confuse some blues with some purples and both types will struggle to identify pale shades of most colours.

Color Simulation Video

Color Blindness Info
Color Blindness Hereditary Info

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:17 pm
Alexander Rich

NPC

xxxxA L E X A N D E RxxxE V A NxxxR I C H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Alex

AGE 66

BIRTHDAY 8 March 1977

BLOOD STATUS pureblood

WAND 10” Walnut, Dragon Heartstring, flexible

GENDER male

SEXUAL ORIENTATION straight

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English, French

FACECLAIM Mysterious Old Man from Messiah [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Slytherin

CLASS OF 1994

BEST LESSONS
                  Wizard Law
                  History of Magic
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts

WORST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Potions
                  Astronomy

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ EE
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Ancient Runes ~ O
                  Wizard Law ~ O

NEWT SCORES
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ EE
                  Ancient Runes ~ O
                  Wizard Law ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Head of International Magical Office of Law

DREAM JOB Head of Department of International Magical Cooperation

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ STRICT Stern, harsh and unwilling to compromise, Alexander has high expectations for his children and himself. He doesn't show favoritism (though that might be because he doesn't actually like anyone.) He has strict rules in his household and tolerates no failure.
              ■ FASTIDIOUS Attentive to detail, meticulously organized and with an affinity for always double checking, Alexander works well within structure and rules. He's diligent in cleanliness and can't stand an untidy desk; most of his belongings are labeled and everything has a place.
              ■ JUDGMENTAL Alexander can be shallow and critical of others, he's easily persuaded by outward appearances. He's used to looking down his nose at others, especially those of lesser blood and uncouth mouths. Before ever speaking to someone, he'll already have his mind made up about them.
              ■ SHREWD Never willing to show his hand first, he always keeps his mouth shut. He's cautious in all affairs and never does anything without some benefit to himself. To this end, he always tries to get the inside information, be it people or gambles.
              ■ DOGGED Tirelessly hardworking, he has done nothing but try and claw his family out of debt. It's almost a blind tenacity; hopeless but never ending. He doesn't give up because he can't give up, he doesn't know how.
              ■ RESOURCEFUL Alexander is always open to opportunities, taking advantage of situations whenever they're presented. When backed into a corner (which has happened more often than he'd care to admit) he'll fight tooth and nail and use anything at his advantage.

aged wine
                  fine furs
                  expensive tea
                  wizards chess

DISLIKES
                  uncleanliness
                  muggle-anything
                  vehicles
                  miniature dogs
                  colors

HOBBIES
                  coin collecting
                  watching winged horse races
                  drinking

STRENGTHS
                  resilient
                  adaptable

WEAKNESSES
                  pride
                  colorblind

FEARS
                  losing his children
                  bankruptcy

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Alexander was the firstborn of seven siblings. He had six sisters. They teased him throughout his childhood, and Merlin, their chattering got annoying. But he always protected them. His father was a drunken gambler. Though most of their wealth had already diminished, his father had squandered the rest of it. Stooping so low as to sell family heirlooms.

The Rich family has a rumored criminal history (no charges had ever been pressed.) But many new grooms had suddenly passed away after marrying a Rich girl. Older men seduced into taking a Rich girl as a mistress, then they and their fortunes would disappear without a trace. Among other seedier rumors.

SCHOOL YEARS He dealt with many jests from his peers once sorted into Slytherin. He never had many friends in Hogwarts, but had made the mistake of knowing Remington Nott and Henry Burke, probably the biggest mistake of his life. But he managed to cut ties when things started to take a dangerous turn against (everyone has their price.)

POST GRADUATION Out of school, he was employed with the ministry under the Magical Office of Law. Often working odd jobs outside of the ministry to try and shave off his family debts from the other wizarding families. One of these deals would became an arrange marriage. The Montague's would renegotiate debts on the condition of a marriage. So Alexander and Lilith were married.

They had a daughter, Annabelle Rich, and raised her to become a proper young witch. It began with promise. When Annebelle was still a young child, Lilith grew sick and soon passed away leaving Alexander to raise her as a single father. She was soon arranged to marry a very wealthy pureblood of high standing, William Cloud, but after his untimely death and her "accident"--she changed. She withdrew and grew distant. He tried to help but in the end, she shut him out. He couldn't blame her, but he resented her for it.

He thought his house had fallen, and everything he had worked so hard to get would turn to dust in the history books. Until he learned he had a son. Brittany Everest had given the boy my name, and several contacts from the ministry had made the discovery and informed him. It wasn't hard to pull a few strings and ensure the boy would be released into his custody. Over the years, he's groomed him in preparation for the world. Alexander tried again to reconnect with his daughter, who had gotten very close to the Ross heir. Despite the Ross family having it's dark history, it was still a strong family name (even if the heir is a halfblood.) But Annabelle was becoming a negative influence on Jack, this time, he severed their connection. Jack wasn't happy at first Alexander convinced him the right of things. She had changed. And Jack was better than that, than her.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Daughter: Annabelle Rich ■ Son: James Rich (mpc) ■ Brother-in-Law: Charles Montague ■ Sister-in-Law: Mary-Louise Montague
              FRIENDS ---
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Lilith Rich (†)
              ENEMIES ---

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATES MADE
■ age updated [10/8/18]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:29 pm
James Rich - MPC
as of 1/16/17

Hi, my name is James Perseus Rich.

But I mostly go by Jack.

I'm a male.

I'm Eleven years old.

My birthday is May 28th.

My dream job is a Wandmaker.

My blood status is pure.

This is my first year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is

I'm interested in girls.

I'm currently with no one.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of a jerk, since I refuse to talk to many people. After the life I've lived, getting close to people isn't easy. I'm incredibly protective of people I care about, yet those are so few and far between. People get in the way and hold you back, it's so much easier being alone.

Raised the way I was, it's hard not to be a perfectionist. I demand it from myself, expecting others to fail where I triumph. I blame my father and his rules. I'll take advantage of any situation I can to make sure I succeed in my venture, sometimes at the cost of others in my way. But I'll never insult someone based on their heritage, especially considering my own. Do you know what it is like being called a b*****d on an every day basis?

I tend to look at the world in shades of grey, everyone has a reason for their actions. No matter how heinous a crime, there is always a motive behind it that drives them to commit it. Same goes for acts of bravery and everyday kindness, very rarely is anything what it seems.

Once you really get to know me, you'll see that I'm one of the best friends you'll ever have. I might get angry from time to time, might not speak to you for a few days without a spoken reason, but I'll always be there if you need me. And if you gain my trust, I have no secrets.

My background story is not something that I like to speak about often, as it can be viewed as a bit scandalous. My mother, a pureblood witch by the name of Brittany Everest, ditched me on my father's doorstep when I was about a year old. Maybe ditched wasn't the right word, she had received a letter from my father asking if he could have custody of me and she accepted since she already had one child she struggled to care for. Alexander Rich, a terribly indebted pureblood Wizard with only one daughter who was already an adult, took this opportunity to raise an appropriate heir that would bring their family out of the squalor that they had to endure for his entire life. The House of Rich would one day return to being just that, rich.

I had been forced to study magic in theory once I was taught to read, all in the hopes of preparing me for a bright and wealthy future in the name of Rich. I didn't exactly hate it, but it wasn't easy having that much pressure thrust upon me. I'd sneak father's wand away at night sometimes, just marveling at the prospect that little more than a stick with some catalyst on the inside was the source of all the magic in the world. Eventually I learned that the magic came from the wizard, but it still didn't take away the beauty of wands. When I was eight, I was bound and determined that I would one day make my own wand.

It wasn't until sometime around my ninth birthday that my half-sister Annabelle was told that she had a brother. She didn't exactly make it a habit of coming around the house much, but I'm sure that's because she is an adult and has her own life to live.
I enjoy Wand lore, enchantment(much the same way that brooms are made, but broader), peace and quiet, flying through the air on my broomstick(the only good thing father ever gave me for a birthday gift), and spending time with my sister.

I despise listening to my father drone on about how great our family is, failing to achieve something I set out to conquer, the smell of Murtlap Essence, board games, and prolonged exposure to sunlight. My skin is quite pale as a result.

I'm afraid of Veelas. They terrify me simply because just by looking at them, I can be totally swept away to be eaten or something without doing anything but smiling like a git. I read about them in a book once and ever since, I've just been praying that I never meet one.

My strengths are that I have impeccable control over my spell craft. Also, I have impressive reflexes for someone that's constantly running into things. But I usually catch anything I drop, be it with my hands or feet.

My flaws are a little embarrassing. It takes a long time for me to get angry, but when I do finally get set off...heaven forbid that you be near me as my anger is volatile and persists for nearly a week after an incident. I'm also a perpetual klutz, be that stubbing my toes, running into walls/doors, or dropping things in my hands.

I look like this.

My wand is a Twelve and a half inches, Hazel, with dragon heartstring. Pliable and smooth.

My pet is a nonexistent entity.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I also have a half-brother named Zeph, we have the same mother. I hear he's at Hogwarts already...

Marked Pending 12/26/2015 by ~ ♥ Cara ɱк

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff