Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] In Need of Encouragement (Yanamari & Eversong)[FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:13 am
User Image

Yanamari was not having a good day so far. She had woke up in an unfamiliar area, a place that she knew was different from where she had laid down for the night with Cian. If that hadn't been bad enough the half eaten carcass of some poor creature that laid beside her had been like a nightmare. It was obvious that at some point in the night her Kalona blood had taken over and she had hunted and fed. Thankfully Cian wasn't around, but she was worried that she might have accidentally hurt him. But not knowing exactly where she was meant she couldn't find the grove they had picked to spend the night in. She quickly escaped the horror that had greeted her when she woke and entered a large open meadow.

This was like living another nightmare. She hated open spaces, especially when Cian wasn't there to encourage her and ensure her that everything was okay. Swallowing hard she began to walk across the large expanse of land. But the progress was slow as often she would take five steps forward and then three steps back. Why oh why had she been cursed by her fathers blood? Her wings were practically glued to her side and her spade tail was wrapped around one of her back legs. Yanamari's hooves came to a stop as she glanced about. She had not made it too far into the meadow and now she pranced in indecision, continue forward or go back and hug the treeline where she felt most safe.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am
User Image

Eversong was on a rare journey without his mate alongside him - it was kind of odd really, it had been a long time since he had traveled without Jarita and he was feeling rather lonely and forlorn about the whole endeavor. It was entirely ruining his mod and what he needed was some sort of distraction, something to take his mind off of missing Jarita.

And speak of the devil, was that motion down below? Someone to talk to would be a welcome change of pace and spiraling lower she caught a better look - indeed it seemed to be a purple and blue mare and she looked to be a bit upset about something - well, it wouldn't do to leave a mare in trouble behind now would it? Landing lightly near by the mare he started towards her "Excuse me Miss? Is there something wrong?" He called out to her as he walked forward.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:44 am
The sudden appearance and voice of the stallion made Yanamari sidestep. Wide eyes looked towards the purple stallion. She didn't know him, oh how she wished he was Cian, but he was not. Strangers were so foreign to her. For years they had treated her like a monster, either outright avoiding her or throwing slurs her way because of her Kalona blood. But this stallion was approaching her and didn't seem concerned with what she was but that she was okay. It oddly enough reminded her of Cian, how he had been so accepting of her and what she was. Still, talking to him wouldn't be easy. She found it hard to trust strangers, especially males.

"Oh...um...I..." Yanamari looked everywhere but at the stallion as she struggled over her words. The option to run away to the safety of the trees was still there, but if she were ever to get over her fears of the world she would need to learn to face them, and this time she would need to do so without Cian's presence. Taking a deep breath she glanced towards the stallion, though avoided looking too close to his face and half mumbled. "I'm...just a bit...lost." There that wasn't so bad, and for a split second her eyes made contact with those of the stallions before looking away again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 am
She really was a nervous creature now wasn't she? Eversong thought to himself as he took in her sidestep and widened eyes. Pausing a bit aways from her so that he wouldn't frighten her anymore Eversong took a better look at her - Kirin blood was obviously there with those scales on her body..and Kalona as well if he had the wings and tail right. It was an odd mix to be sure and Kalona's Eversong knew were unpredictable beasts. Still it didn't look like this mare was much of a threat to anyone but perhaps herself with her nerves so strung out like this. Besides given the way some Soquili looked at him with his strange mane and weird looking wings Eversong didn't think he was in much of a position to judge others by their looks.

Giving her a cheery smile with the hopes of putting her even more as ease Eversong nodded his head slightly "Ah I see - well I've certainly been there and done that before" He told her with a chuckle "Its never fun being lost, perhaps I can help you?"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 am
Much as she tried to avoid looking at him Yanamari had to admit she was just a bit curious about him. His wings were different than any she had seen before, and the gear he wore was even more interesting looking now that she braved a closer look. Why on earth did he wear such things? Did they have a purpose or were they just for decoration? She knew some Soquili wore things for no reason except they looked nice, so they served no actual purpose. Something however told her these items did have a purpose, but what that was, well she was too shy to ask at the moment. She had to pull her attention away from his items in order to hear his question clearly.

She was certain that she was not the only Soquili to ever become lost, so that made her relax - just a bit. Ears perked forward a bit at his offer. "You'd...you would help me?" The shock in her voice was hard to miss, obviously she was used to not being offered help so the idea that he would help her was a bit hard to accept. "Well...okay." She said after a few hesitant moments. Problem was, she didn't know exactly where she needed to get to. Her and Cian had at the grove just after nightfall so things had been dark and there had been no landmarks to be seen then. Yanamari thought on what they had seen before it had gotten dark. "I don't remembered exactly where I was going...but...it had...a river." She began to explain, thinking on the details. "And...there was a...large bolder in the middle of it..." She could only hope these details meant anything to the stallion because saying that there were trees and plenty of them was a pretty moot point as this area was practically full of trees.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 am
Eversong was equally surprised by the mare's response and lifted his head a bit higher "Of course I'll help you!" He told her firmly "it's simply not right to pass someone by who needs help and not offer - I think that's part of whats wrong in this world nowadays" He shared with her, though he had no idea if she shared the same thoughts or not. Eversong was hardly a knight or anything - he just didn't believe in leaving a pretty lady in distress and playing the hero when given the chance.

Listening to her description of the area Eversong tried to recall what knowledge he had of the surrounding lands - which wasn't much as he wasn't really from around here. He had spoken to some of the locals however and so had a bit of information to go on. "I believe there is a rives to the east of us, though I don't know of the boulder..perhaps if we find the river we can find the boulder. I doubt its very far" The mare didn't look like she was the type to wander all that long off track, she was far to nervous so Eversong did not think it would take them long to find her missing grove.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:30 am
How strange it was for him to want to help. Perhaps not everyone saw her as a monster, or perhaps he had known Kalona crosses in the past and knew they were not creatures of pure evil. Either way she was grateful for his help even if her nerves were still on end and she wasn't entirely sure that she could trust him. "I...I'm not used to others helping me." She admitted while averting her gaze for a moment. Yanamari wasn't used to a lot of things and talking about them was one of them.

"Oh...well, I guess we should go look for it then." The sooner she found the river the better. Then she could return to the place she was most comfortable in and most importantly she would be back with Cian, the Soquili who she trusted more than anything else and treasured her friendship with him greatly. Even though Eversong had said the river was to the east Yanamari was still feeling flustered enough that she couldn't quite figure out what direction east was. So she looked at Eversong for some direction, her tail twitching nervously behind her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 am
Helping this mare was likely going to make him late to his meeting with Jarita...and while he had originally thought to simply give her directions now that he had seen how very nervous she was how could he possibly turn his back on her and not help? It would be unthinkable and completely ungentlemanly. Besides a part of him wondered at the mare's past..given her reactions to things he almost had the feeling she might have been abused in some way, though of course he could hardly come out and ask such a thing - that would be rude and likely bring up bad memories if she had been.

"Perhaps you simply haven't been around the right kind of Soquili" He told her in a light hearted tone trying to keep her in a good frame of mind, even if he suspected there was a fair bit of truth to his statement. When the mare made no move to head east Eversong turned about and headed in the proper direction motioning with his muzzle for her to follow him - perhaps she simply didn't like being in the lead, it seemed like a plausible excuse given her nervous nature "This way" He told her.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:56 am
A small smile crossed Yanamari's lips at his words, though it felt a bit unnatural to her at the moment. Really the only time she could remember that she had truly smiled was whenever she was with Cian. Whenever she wasn't at his side she often fell into her old routine of avoiding others and worrying constantly. So in a way this stallion was right. Maybe she hadn't been around the right kind of Soquili, but when one avoided others at all costs it was hard to meet new Soquili, whether they were good or not. "I suppose you're right." Yanamari finally admitted after a pause.

It took a moment for her to get her legs moving once he pointed out the direction. The fear that constantly bounced about her mind warned her that he may be walking her into danger, but for Cian and to see him again, Yanamari pushed those thoughts away and for the moment somewhat trusted the stallion who was leading her. Though that didn't mean she let her guard down. Ears constantly swiveled listening for hints of danger and her eyes, remained almost constantly glue on the stallion, though she occasionally glanced about as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 am
The tension from the mare behind him could almost be felt in the air and it caused Eversong to glance behind him now and again to make sure nothing had happened to the mare to cause such a reaction from her - each time he looked back however it was always the same - She was following him with nothing seemingly out of the ordinary around them..but she acted as though he was trying to lead her into some terrible place.

It really made him wonder just what had made her so frightened of everything, it made him a little bit angry too - no one should have to go through their lives so frightened all the time, it just wasn't right. in an attempt to make her more at ease Eversong decided to strike up a harmless conversation. "You know I think my mate would love your mane, she is always fond of long hair - and purple to boot" He told her cheerfully and it was true..Jarita did like both long hair and purple things.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am
Try as she might Yanamari couldn't help but have her head snap up every time the stallion looked back at her. It made her more nervous that it should have been. Part of her felt bad for it, since she knew her fear was quite extreme and not everyone understood it. But how could she explain that to him without dredging up too many bad memories from the past. "Sorry..." she said in a quiet tone. "I'm not used to open spaces." Or strangers. Or others being nice to her. Or kindness. And a whole plethora of other things, but Yanamari kept that to herself.

His comment about her hair made her pause in midstep for a second. "Oh." It was kind of nice to know that another would like her, even if it was just for her mane color and length. "My...uh...mother had hair like this too." Ouch that hurt. Yanamari didn't talk about her mother usually, it brought up a lot of repressed memories about her mothers sadness towards her daughters upbringing, her mother tried hard to make life good for Yanamari but it was hard given the circumstances that revolved around how the mare had come to bring her into the world.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 am
"Oh?" Eversong answered her when she spoke of her mother "Both Jarita's mother and father had long hair as well..although her mother was a Cerynei and Jarita inherited her short bobbed tail rather then the long flowing one her wind father has - I think she's always been a bit disappointed in that..but she's beautiful the way she is" Eversong told the other mare, surely if anyone could understand such things it would be another crossbreed right?

He had noticed the way his looking back had made her more and more nervous and so had ceased to do so as much as he could - it was hard though not to check on her. Perhaps if he could keep her talking that would be enough for him to keep his head forward and keep from scaring her any more. Before very long his ear pricked slightly "Do you hear that?" He asked her "I think its the river"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:17 am
Nodding her head slightly at his words Yanamari knew well of the disappointment of gaining certain breed traits from one parent. Nearly every day she had wished to look more like her mother and have nothing but pure Kirin traits. Yet her father had seen to destroying that. Her wings and tail were a constant reminder of his deceit to her mother. She did not know if her siblings shared her fate, as her father had taken those baskets violently away. Chances are they had not survived if they didn't fit into fathers life. Giving her head a shake she looked towards Eversong. "I...can understand that."

Mention of the river made Yanamari's hooves come to a stop for a moment. Yes, now that she had stopped she could indeed hear the distant sound of the river. It couldn't be far now. "I hear it." And for the first time since meeting him she smiled a genuine smile. The river meant she was that much closer to being reunited with Cian and that thought made her happier than anything else could. With a bit of new found courage she started walking again. "I just hope it's the right one." She said more to herself than Eversong. It wouldn't be his fault if he lead her to the wrong river. This land had several of them and her description had been quite vague now that she thought about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:31 am
He could imagine that the mare did indeed understand what he was talking about - although her mix was a bit more unusual then Jarita's - it wasn't often that one met someone with both Kirin and Kalona traits, the two breeds were so very different that it was hard to imagine any sort of love being between them. Of course love was not the only thing that produced foals and those darker thoughts might well explain why the mare was so nervous and frightened all the time. It was enough to make Eversong want to sigh in sadness for the mare...but she did not need his pity at the moment, what she needed was his help and he was here to give it.

"Perhaps once you see it you will know" He encouraged her, pausing slightly as he heard her steps stop for a few moments "If it is not then it is likely a tributary of the one you are looking for and we will only have to follow it upstream until we find the proper one" He went on, quite sure that this was the right river but wanting to soothe any fears she might have if he turned out to be wrong.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am
More than anything at this moment, Yanamari was glad that he did not bring up her own half-blood into the conversation. She may be feeling more relaxed around him now bu that was a subject she preferred not to speak of. She walked along for a few moments, dwelling on these thoughts and others. Suddenly her head snapped up. In all the fear and nervousness of their meeting Yanamari had not told this stallion her name, nor had he shared his. It wasn't uncommon for her to withhold such information from strangers however now she believed it would be the polite thing to do. "I...I'm Yanamari." She told him with a bob of her head. There, that wasn't so hard. Now he would probably share his name as well.

As they continued to walk the sound of the river got louder and soon she count see it just up ahead. At the moment it looked exactly like every other chunk of river out there. But like he had said, if this wasn't the right place then it likely would lead them to the main river. All they had to do was search around for a bit, see if that bolder was here and if not move to a section further up. "Oh look...there it is." The river she meant, not the bolder, but the happiness in her voice could not be mistaken. Soon, very soon everything would be set right.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff