[PRP] Glow For Me [Forgotten x Cue] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Kiokote stamped irritably, throwing his head back to ward off an insistent bug. A good roll in the dirt would have fixed the problem of their itching bites, but there was none to be found here. He was surrounded by mud and he couldn’t quite convince himself to cover himself in that.
Once Forgotten peered through the darkness; first in one direction, and then in the other. The moon was out in force and his own markings added to the lighting; however he wasn’t sure exactly which way he had come. He had left his siblings behind and meant to return before nightfall but it had snuck up upon him while he meandered about, pondering what exactly they were supposed to do next.
Forgotten had brought them to this place following a dream for the future, but he still had not gotten any closer to finding the truth of their lineage. He kept up a strong front up for the others, but even he was being plagued by doubt.
Another snort and he turned, starting out slowly in search of the others… or anyone else who could show him the way.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The usual nightsong of cicadas and frogs had been interrupted by a series of impatient noises. Cue paused mid-step, scanning the scene: in the distance, a strange, pale glow. Slipping into the foliage with practised ease, she moved soundlessly through the leaves until - oh. It was a Kiokote.

Kiokote don't glow, the thought flitted through her mind as she ticked off everything she knew about these creatures from the plains: this was a strange one - and it seemed ill at ease too, practically a beacon with his markings, looking this way and that. Was it - he, she corrected, noting the beard - lost? It was not her concern.

But neither did it seem a threat, and to travel unseen through the brush would take much longer than cutting through his path; Cue had a way to go. Having decided, she emerged near his shoulder silently, bright blazes suddenly stark in the moonlight, and made to move on.

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm
Catching movement in his peripheral vision, Once Forgotten half turned with his body tensed suddenly in a potion that waited for the decision of flight or flee. A bright flash of colour in the night. He was suddenly filled with wild hope that his troubles were over, that a glowing Kimeti had been delivered to him and she would have the answers he sought. Such wild fancy would embarrass him later. If he had looked at her a second time, without his gaze blinded by hope, he might have realized that her markings were simply that… markings that had been shown off in the moonlight.

“You! Wait!” Before the Kimeti had disappeared into the night, he stepped forward and bellowed out, his voice shattering the relative calm of the swamp night. AH, he hadn’t meant to be that loud and lowered his voice for the next attempt. “Excuse me…!”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 am
Even the crickets went silent at the outburst that rang through the dark. He was not one for stealth, that was for sure. She did not look back, but she did pause, waiting in the moonlight for his question.  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 am
With very little grace he trampled his way over, nearly getting his hoof stuck in a reaching root, before finally reaching her with a snort.

The change of expression as he finally got a good look at her might have been comical; wild desperate hope collapsing into utter dismay. She didn’t glow. He could see that now. Her markings simply ‘popped’ in the moonlight against the rest of her dark pelt. “Darn it!” He stomped and quickly rallied himself, features settling grimly.

“I thought you were something different.” Bitter. “But since I have you here, do you know any of your kind that glow?” 'Like I do' were the obvious unspoken words.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:17 pm
I thought you were something different. The corner of a lip almost quirked into a humourless smile - that was certainly the fastest way to get information from a doe. She was rather inclined to say 'no' and be on her way, but the little show his swiftly changing expressions put on had afforded some amusement...and 'no' would be a lie, wouldn't it? Ah, decisions. She was headed in that direction, anyway.

"One." She did not bother to elaborate. She wasn't going to make it any easier for him after that luckless remark.

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:09 pm
One.

“Fantastic!” Once Forgotten waited, expecting her to continue. His ears, which had instantly perked up in anticipation, slowly flicked back down as the second moved on. “One…” He repeated, as if that would prompt her to offer more information. However as Forgotten watched the doe, he was getting the idea that if he wanted anything from her he would have to work for it. Great.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 am
There, again, such a comical look. It was getting rather hard not to at least smile, so entertained she was by this Kiokote's moods. A funny fellow - she was starting to quite like him, but, no, she would not make it any easier. It was already testament to her favour that she still stood there, waiting, rather than go on her way. After all, she had already answered what he had actually asked.  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:02 pm
Silence. Okay, fine. “You wouldn’t be any chance know their name… or know how to find them?” He asked her and then continued on, hoping that maybe if he gave her some back sorry she’d feel inclined to be helpful. “You see, I have come to the swamp from far away with my siblings to find our father… a Kimeti.” Under the doe’s quiet gaze, Forgotten began to feel oddly foolish. “He glows...”  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 pm
Now, she had to smile. To find their father. What a sweet story. "There are many kimeti who glow," she started, replacing her raised hoof - a brief pause, to rake him over with a critical gaze, "though not many, I imagine, who have lain with a Kiokote." A harsh, quiet chuckle - then her mood turned brusque. "The one I know is a doe," she said, turning back to her intended direction, "she may know bucks who glow, she may not. But I know where to find her - it is a distance from here; it is where I am going." Without waiting for a response, she started to move, floating her voice on the wind, "Still interested? You may come with me. If you're not - you're on your own."  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 pm
A doe was better than nothing. It was a chance. A possibility. But Forgotten hesitated, shuffling and throwing his head back, his gaze slipping off into the darkness. His brothers and sisters were still out there, probably waiting for him. Scattered would fall apart if he disappeared for too long. But he knew they would understand. An opportunity was here and he had to take it. With determined snort, he followed after Cue. Trotting until he had reached her side, then changing his pace to match hers.

“I am Once Forgotten.” He told her with his head held high. “And I thank you.”  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 pm
"I am Cue Queue," never slowing, never looking over, "don't thank me yet."  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm
“You’ve offered me a chance and so even if this doe knows nothing or if she cannot be found, I still thank you.” He nodded firmly, gazing over at her occasionally but mostly trying not to catch his hooves on anything as he trudged along beside her. Compared to her silent steps, his own hoofsteps sounded thunderous to his ears. He couldn’t make a step without something cracking or thudding underneath him.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:07 am
Such a righteous statement - an honest sort, an honourable sort; how he amused her! Cue was not at all used to bucks such as this, a change from her brothers, indeed. An excellent travelling companion to entertain herself with on the long, dark journey, or, at least, one could hope. After all, the silence of night had already been shattered - it seemed his honour certainly outstripped his subtlety. Perhaps a being so open held no room for deception? This, among others, she could probe on their way.

"You run with your siblings." She stated, "All of them?"

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:27 pm
“Yes, of course. I could hardly leave them behind.” He looked back over his shoulder, as if he would be able to see them glowing in the darkness. “There are four of us. We belong together.” Forgotten returned to studying the path ahead. He had driven them hard, forced them to stay together and keep going. Now they were here, he felt the weight of responsibility. For their sake he must find their father.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff