Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:19 pm
User Image
Celosia remembered what daddy had told her - the water was playing hide-and-seek, and that it didn't want to be found. Celosia thought the water must have been scared - hiding so long with no one knowing where it was. She knew she got scared when she played that game and no one found her for a long time. So that must have been what the adults meant when they said 'scarce!' Silies! didn't they know how to say 'scared' right?

Obviously the young one didn't fully understand what was going on. If she did, maybe she wouldn't have wondered away from the den to try finding that poor, scared, water!

Maybe she was old enough to finally have the truth broken to her. She wasn't exactly a young cub anymore, but she wasn't a big kid yet either, but surely she'd understand, right? She'd understand that no, the water wasn't hiding, wasn't playing any game, and it wasn't scared. Would she still search for it then if given the truth? For mommy and daddy and all of her siblings? For those she didn't know, and didn't know her? What good could a young, naive, girl do anyway?

Except prove that there was heart in the Firekin youth. An internal flame that wouldn't fizzle or be stifled by any drought.

It was admirable, but stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:30 pm
Mpeko had counted the pride cubs one more time before realizing one was missing. The Tracker rose, shaking herserlf off before setting to look, the female intent on finding the cub, neck craning about worriedlyu. Little ones needed to be safe, and in this drought, one missing child could be life or death for someone.

Best to teng to the cub herself. She didn't know who else would.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:48 pm
User Image She'd wandered away from her family again, and this time she'd brought her snake companion. Soleil padded along the sand, not seeming to notice the green snake's weight. After all, the way the reptile popped out against her red coat, it was very complimentary and all the more worthy to admire! And admire, she imagined, others did. Especially the unrelated boys.

Which was cast from her mind as she spotted Celosia. The gold-eyed cub tilted her head for a moment, before glancing at Hinata. "I wonder what she's up to..." Without waiting, the cub took off after the other young lion. As she got closer, she glanced at the other. "What're you doing?"

User Image"Probably looking to do something with her time." Besides bask in the sun, that was. Hinata, shifting on Soleil's neck, flicked her tongue at the other lion. "I think I've seen you around... Your parents are... Um..." She rubbed her tail on her cheek. "The angry medic lady's niece, right?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 pm
Celosia and Mpeko weren't the only lions out on the dunes that day. Hraga, for the most part oblivious of the pride's current problems, was returning from another day of mock patrols alongside his mentor. Azar might have been a bit of a curmudgeon, but what had started as forced servitude had worked out remarkably well for the scraggly young boy. In fact, it was better than that! At this rate, Hraga was sure he'd be at least captain by graduation! Or...well. He'd be close enough anyways.

His plans, for better or worse, were being eagerly dictated to another cub trotting behind. Fat little Tarsa, his face gruff and unamused, trotted behind Hraga with an air of impatience waiting to boil over. So, really, a typical day for the two. "Hraga, you are so stupid," the pugnacious child muttered. "Why on earth would they just promote you to captain? Unless the guards are really that dumb."

Hraga furrowed his brow. "I think your face is dumb. Just wait. You'll be nothin' but a normal old common soldier by the time I'm guard captain! And you'll beg me for a job but I'll just say no 'cause we don't got no room for dumb ugly fat lions."

Tarsa squinted his bright eyes and lifted up his paw. "Oh yeah?!" It was another brawl about to happen! Unfortunately, Hraga was distracted and Tarsa's glancing blow went unnoticed.

"Hey, it's my niece!" Hraga proclaimed proudly, noting Celosia in the distance.

"So?!" Tarsa spat.

"I bet she'll listen to my plans," Hraga muttered, sticking out his tongue and prancing across the sands towards the girls gathered there. Tarsa scrunched up his face irritably, and trotted behind.

Mimsey

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm
Celosia would be a little sad that she made Mpeko worry, but she was sure the water was even more worried. However the thought that Mpeko would be coming to find her never entered her mind. Instead, she stopped as another youth came up to her.

Wide-eyed and with a smile, Celosia proudly proclaimed, "I'm gonna find water! Oh~" the young one then looked at Hinata with facination and thought of her other's own snake friend.

"Angry medic lady?" Celosia wasn't good at remembering who was who in her vast extended family, especially by reputation.

"My mommy is the lady Azar." not to be confused with the boy Azar. But of course she meant the female one! Guys couldn't be mommies!

Another bright smile was given to the pair. Her ears flicked when she heard the talking pair headed in their direction. Unbeleivably the young one's face grew even brighter as she recognized one of them.

"Hraga!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:09 pm
The cub shot the snake a look. "She has a name, Hinata..." Her attention returned to the other youth, and she began to open her mouth... Only for two others to approach. And one of her half-sisters... How many of those did she have, exactly? She'd already lost count after THREE. But these two, she knew well. Hraga, one of the Regents' cubs and, according to her father, a distant cousin. And FAR closer in relation... "Hello, Tarsa..." It was weird, having aunts and uncles so close in age to herself.

The snake gave a sniff, as much as a snake could. "Well, forgive me for not remembering names... To a snake, you lions all look the same." They all smelled the same, at least. With subtle differences. Her tongue danced as she looked at Hraga and Tarsa. "Oh, look, the blind old lion's progeny..." She felt a poke of claws. "I didn't say blind and old were BAD things. Snakes can get quite old themselves... And we're as close to blind as we may possibly get." Her tongue danced in Soleil's ear. "That's why we taste the air."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Mimsey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 pm
"Hey, hey!" Hraga said merrily, knocking his head against the cub's shoulder. While the boy might have been obnoxious, he was far from lacking in affection. The sight of the little crowd delighted him. "What's going on? It looks like I'm missing out!"

Tarsa was less optimistic. Particularly with a snake rambling about his dad. "Whatever," he muttered. His eyes flecked towards Hraga, who was still chumming it up with his relatives. "Come on Hraga, we were going home-..." Also, about to have a fight. Boy things, you know.

Hraga did a good show of ignoring him. At the moment, he was all toothy grins. "You talkin about Ea? Did you know she had a bunch of babies? Yeah? Mom was real mad 'cause she didn't tell no one. Yeah, they yelled a lot." But that conversation was hardly the purpose of this occasion! In fact, Hraga seemed a bit surprised to hear Celosia confess to searching. "Really? You're lookin' for water?"

"There's no water," Tarsa snapped. "All the others are looking. I should know, all they've got us apprentices doing half the day is helping water-seekers."

Hraga flattened his ears. "Well, there's gotta be some water somewhere, you know? It didn't just go."

"I hear it did. Shouldn't you know, Hraga? You're so dumb sometimes your parents are in charge and you don't even know," the big cub said.

"Nah-uh. There's also monsters in the desert too, doofus. Who cares about no water when there's monsters? Didn't you hear what those Hongface lions say? All monsters. Maybe they drank up the water."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm
No one had told her about the monsters. Celosia's purple eyes widened at that. Then a little lightbulb went off in her head.

"Oh~ Maybe the monsters are why the water is so scared! Daddy told me that the water is playing hide-and-seek, but no one has found it so I thought it must be scared. People keep on saying it is scared anyway. They say it a little silly though. I thought maybe it wouldn't be so scared if a sweetie like me were to go looking for it though!"

Sweet and naive as Celosia was, she was also a little conceited.

"But if the monsters are why it's scared, then I dunno if I can do much help then..." She pouted, sitting her little butt down on the sand with a hard plop.  

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 pm
Soleil's ears went back. "The water is playing hide-and-seek...?" She thought about it. Well, Keahilani HAD mentioned digging... And so had Uncle Rowtag... And... A few others. She shook her head. "My parents have been talking about leaving... Until the water comes back..." She didn't want to leave, especially now. She hadn't even fully grown up yet. Suddenly her ears pricked. "Hey, why don't we all go look in the eastern desert? Or the north. Maybe we'll find something the adults haven't!"

The snake shifted, her eyes dancing. "And while we're out there, we can say hello to the invaders that drove out our new pride members from THEIR old pride!" The snake turned her head upside down, then frowned at the cubs. "Wouldn't it be wise to go back to the cub sitters? I think that big fat white one with the purple eyes has some ticklish spots we can all take advantage of." She, at least, thought it was funny to see lions squirm as they were tickled. "Or, we can all find a nice, sunny rock... Warm ourselves.. Take a good nap..." Not use energy...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 am
"Water doesn't get scared off," Tarsa balked. What, was he surrounded by a bunch of dumb babies? He expected that kind of silliness from Hraga, not the pride proper! "What are you guys, babies? Grow up. Monsters didn't have nothing to do with the water going away. You can't just go out and find it. If it was that easy, someone woulda already found it."

Hraga twitched his tail, narrowing his dull green eyes at his friend. Calling him names was one thing. He wasn't about to tolerate Tarsa bullying the others! "That's not true, Tarsa! You're not some kinda water expert. You're not even a water-seeker, how do you know what water does? Maybe Celosia is right."

The black cub just started laughing. "I doubt it!" In fact, he laughed so hard it looked like he might cry. He lifted his chubby paw and rubbed it against his face. "Only way we're gonna get water is if in rains, or someone finds it in the ground or somethin. Monsters, haha...!"

Hraga squared his jaw and trotted towards the boy, his tail flicking. "Tarsa, shut your dumb mouth! Really. You don't even know. I heard my parents talking to the new people, and they said there are monsters out there. They strike in the dark and rip out all your insides and eat them and stuff."

"Yeah, but they didn't scare any water away!" He laughed.

The other boy whipped his tail, and turned towards the girls. "I know the desert really well, 'cause I'm on patrols already. If you wanna go looking we can go. Tarsa doesn't have to come cause he's dumb. I wouldn't listen to anything he says."

Mimsey

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 am
"I'm so confused," Celosia said, still pouting. Obviously Tarsa's words gave her some doubt, but then Hraga ended up restoring it, and now she was wavering about what was true.

She looked to Soleil, "I don't want anyone to leave~. Maybe we should look. After all, what do adults know about playing hide-and-seek anyway!?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:52 am
((*Is a derp, sorry, lost ytrack XD;*))

Mpeko did not like missing cubs, but seeing the band of three, she trot over, ears alert and she smiled kindly, chuckling.

"And what are you three doing out on your own? You shouldn't go out by yourselves. Someone might carry you off, like a bad bird or something." A sage nod. "Or worse!"

What was worse, she'd think of as needed, but she wasn't angry. Cubs were cubs!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:21 am
Soleil grinned, then opted to swat Tarsa's nose with her tail. "Majority rules, Tarsa!" She then started eastward, head high. "Now let's go find that water! I bet it's here somewhere!" Maybe they'd find a river, or a lake so deep it couldn't dry up! She paused, looking back at the other young lions. "Unless you're all AFRAID of the big wide desert..."

Tongue flicking, Hinata slid off Soleil's neck... And then curled around her legs, trying to bind them together. "I would say it's not so much the big wide desert that's worth being afraid of... But strange lions. You never know what a stranger might do. Cubnap you, kill you... Hold you for ransom of the only water left in the desert.." In all, she could think of nothing pleasant coming of this expedition. "Never mind what your parents will all do."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:52 pm
Celosia was just about to jump up and follow Soleil when Mpeko's voice made her jump, then freeze. She then turned around slowly with a sweet little grin on her face.

What were they doing? "Oh~ nothing?" HEEHEEhee..heh.......  

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Mimsey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:50 am
Hraga and Tarsa turned their heads rather indignantly towards the lioness. They might not have agreed on...well, much of anything, but the two boys did know when they were being patronized. And both hated being called cubs. "We're apprentices!" Hraga proudly proclaimed. "I'm just coming back from my patrols. I know the desert really well!"

The larger cub furrowed his brow. "Yeah, what he said. No stupid bird is going to take me away, that's like lesson one."

Hraga nodded. "Yeah, and we're protecting the ladies. So we don't need a nanny." His chest puffed out.

"Also, we have permission from the regents," Tarsa said smugly.

Hraga paused. They did? Tarsa might not have been afraid of invoking his parents' names, but Hraga sure did! If there was one thing that made mom mad, it was her cubs trying to get special treatment. But...well... maybe this was an okay situation... "Yeah, my mom totally knows where I am."

The young soldier nodded. "See. So, we're going to go."

Hraga started to trot backwards, motioning for the other cubs to follow. "Yeah, we're gonna go now...!"

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff