Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Elder Scrolls Library

Back to Guilds

General Discussion of everything Elder Scrolls related. 

Tags: The Elder Scrolls, Elder Scrolls, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim 

Reply TES IV: Oblivion
How to kill Umbra at level 1

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Varnek

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am
It's always nice to get Umbra at level one and I know a lot of people struggle in doing so.

Here are two main ways to kill Umbra at level one.

Arrows or a slightly higher Willpower would be recommended, bow and arrows bring a long just in case.
Scrolls can also be used.
Near the room Umbra is in there's a path on an elevated level which leads down stairs into the area Umbra walks in.
You can see Umbra from the elevated level.
From the elevated level jump onto the stone sides, the stone rail to your right when you enter.
Put away any weapons you hold.
Take off all armour.
Look at the pillars in the room, the ones closer to you. There's a broken one to the front right. Jump onto that pillar.
You'll find that you can stand on it quite firmly, also that in most versions of Oblivion you can move through that pillar.
Start hitting Umbra. Spells seem more efficient.
You'll need to hit slightly behind Umbra for spells and arrows to connect.
If you sneak and hold block, then cast, you'll cast faster.
You can kill Umbra within 10 minutes using this method.

This method is more fun by far and I think it's easier.
Bring a few potions, but it is possible not to get hit at all if your character is faster.
Take off all armour and put away your weapon to make you faster.
From the upper level in the room where Umbra is, fire a spell at her or an arrow.
Run towards the exit.
When you've left the ruins, get some distance from the entrance and wait a few seconds for her to appear outside.
It's possible to swim across the water from here and go into the Imperial City.
Personally I take her across the bridge, to the higwayman and watch the totally unbalanced fight take place. (This is unnecessary)
Then swim across the water, make sure to check she's following you all the time. In the water she'll be underneath you a lot of the time.
I swim to the Waterfront.
When Umbra has landed walk along the shore, just along the edge of water, she'll then run outwards onto the land, at this time let her follow you towards the Imperial City.
At this point the guards will attack her.
Wait for her to finish off the guards and probably knock a character unconcious, then lead lead her into the Temple District where the gaurds will rush her.
Note that there is a possibility that a few citizens could get killed.
After a while the guards will kill her.
There are other ways to get her into the IC.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Ya know of all the times that I've played though OB not once did I ever try to kill Umbra at level 1. I'll have to give that a shot and see how well it goes down.

Nerevar Telvanni
Captain

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Varnek

Invisible Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 pm
Nerevar Telvanni

Ya know of all the times that I've played though OB not once did I ever try to kill Umbra at level 1. I'll have to give that a shot and see how well it goes down.

After my finding out about Umbra's base damage I had to do this every time. As soon as I start a character, no matter what I wanted to be, first get Umbra, then shatter the Arena for some quick gold.  
TES IV: Oblivion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games