s**t that you think needs to happen: The Thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:58 pm
DJ Kegan here, with a brilliant new idea for a thread: s**t that you think needs to happen: The Thread.: Additional words here

What is s**t that you think needs to happen? Keep it Nintendo related. Features: current consoles or future, or even just games.

Lemme start off:

3DS bulletin/whiteboard:
ALL ABOUT SHARING THAT EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR BUDDIES. Somewhere in the friends section or perhaps in it's own dedicated channel... maybe even as part of an updated mii plaza this s**t needs to happen... maybe not as much as a messaging system... but it seems to brilliant to me for Nintendo Devs to have not thought of it.

The idea comes to me in Spanish class, today. First step, add a feature that would let you take stereoscopic screenshots on your 3DS by pressing the home button and doing some s**t. Now you have some s**t to tack on your bulletin board. Maybe also some written messages, like an about me, or some web page you find interesting. Maybe you could choose to tack on messages from friends which you found funny. Press a button and flip it over(IN 3D! Though this part would have to use the touch screen. maybe it could just be what occupies the touch screen while you are at your bulletin.) Free drawing, or maybe a feature to let your friends draw dicks. I think that would be a ********, though. It should just be you.

Other nifty doodads, possibly... a shop section to buy magnets and new colors of dry erase markers for your whiteboard, which you could spend your play-coins on.

This s**t needs to happen! MAKE IT SO! STEAL MY IDEAS NINTENDO! PLEASE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm
Reorganize eShop. At least let us customize its layout or something.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 pm
Serious voice-chat in serious online play. SERIOUSLY.

IM on the 3DS with 3D picture sharing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:41 pm
Kegan should make better threads OH SNAP
jk

How about a Messaging system for the 3DS already? Having friends is pretty much pointless right now. I want to be able to send 3D pictures of dicks to people god dammit.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 am
STOP

LEANING

ON

GIMMICKS

make the technology for the games not the other way around.

and maybe release GBA games that were popular on the shop.
make it so ANY system can use stuff you paid for except things that wouldn't make sense, like wii ware, 3ds ware, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm
Yeah, my only big thought is on improving the friends system...
No big complaints.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm
Better system for inviting friends to games/communicating.

Spot pass and Street Pass needs more/better functionality too. I liked what they did with the Pokedex. More would be great.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:54 pm
- Stop it with the friend codes, Nintendo. I hate that s**t.

- Make the next Zelda game difficult. I'm tired of enemies that aren't a threat.

- Release the Oracle Zelda games on 3DS VC.

- Release Gamecube games on VC once the Wii U comes out.

- Make Wii U games compatible with the Gamecube controller. I have to admit, the Wii controller's novelty wore off for me a long time ago and I have a feeling it'll happen with the Wii U's controller too.  

Sir Codin

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 pm
Carchar-odin
- Stop it with the friend codes, Nintendo. I hate that s**t.

- Make the next Zelda game difficult. I'm tired of enemies that aren't a threat.

- Release the Oracle Zelda games on 3DS VC.

- Release Gamecube games on VC once the Wii U comes out.

- Make Wii U games compatible with the Gamecube controller. I have to admit, the Wii controller's novelty wore off for me a long time ago and I have a feeling it'll happen with the Wii U's controller too.
no THAT depends on the developers, if the developers didn't cram the new controllers features in like a lazy person they could make a game really good. like the first example was not even big but it would make a game so much less complicated, an inventory screen.

now a lazy developer might go s**t we didn't think about using that extra screen and just throw in something useless for the sake of using it. i could name maybe 20 games given enough time that felt like they threw in the motion controls only cause the wii players expect it of it, and then name atleast 10 given enough time that said these motion controls will be beautiful for our game and make it so much better to play than with just buttons. and i'm talking GOOD games from solid series like star wars and such.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 pm
3DS games that are worth the $40 I shell out for them or cheaper 3DS games period.  

Trop003

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 am
-GBA games on eShop
-The ability to at least message your friends like on the Wii
-More StreetPass stuff to do
-GB(C) Pokemon games on eShop with the ability to trade with others
-Moar 3D Pokedex with non-B/W mons
-Reorganized eShop (I can live with it the way it is, but it's so messy!)
-Gamecube controller - WiiU compatibility. I refuse to use the Classic Controller.
-Mario Paint WiiU?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:39 pm
Xilo The Odd
Carchar-odin
no THAT depends on the developers, if the developers didn't cram the new controllers features in like a lazy person they could make a game really good. like the first example was not even big but it would make a game so much less complicated, an inventory screen.

I'm really mixed on the idea of putting inventory screens on the controller screen. Using two different screens worked with the DS and 3DS, but that was because the screens are right next to each other. With the Wii U, you have to keep looking away from one screen to see the other. This is fine in turn-based games like Pokémon where you can fiddle around with your inventory and not need to worry about a wild pokémon attacking you while you aren't paying attention, but taking a few seconds to swap your inventory around in Zelda means the boss gets free attacks in.

Pausing doesn't necessarily fix it, either. Everyone keeps saying that constant access to your inventory will streamline games and make them less complicated, but pausing to mess with your inventory is exactly what you do in games nowadays. If anything it makes everything more complicated since pause and inventory are separate controls now.

I'm certainly interested in seeing what companies do with the Wii U, but just sticking every game's inventory screen on the controller would be a terrible idea.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kolexzik

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:46 pm
Capcom vs. Nintendo, anyone?

I mean, I know we have Smash Bros. as our main crossover fighter series, but I don't see a reason for this not to at least be considered.

If not that, then possibly adding Mega Man to the Smash Bros. roster in the upcoming game?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:00 pm
its been debated before on many forums and reports and research has been done by many popular net gaming news sites and its a big fat chance that capcom vs. nintendo will ever exist.

@zeph
true they could jsut make it so you can organize it on the touch screen and then give you a map screen on the touch screen. and im sure theres other things like you could look around using the screen for a special eye based item, like a item in zelda that shows you hidden things when you look through it. who knows nintendo won't fail us with skyward sword that im confident in saying.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:51 am
CaptainTempest
Capcom vs. Nintendo, anyone?

THIS  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers