Welcome to Gaia! ::

Camp Half-Blood: Heroes After Percy Jackson

Back to Guilds

After Percy Jackson's generation, the gods almost thought there wouldn't be another hero... 

Tags: Demigod, Half-Blood, Percy Jackson, Greek Mythology, Camp Half-Blood 

Reply Camp Half-Blood: Heroes After Perseus Jackson
Questions and Answers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bara the Mercenary
Captain

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 am
If you have a question, ask! We don't mind answering questions. Any question pertaining to the guild, we should have an answer for. If no one has an answer, the one trying to answer will let me know they're having issues if I haven't seen the question, and a true answer will come to you as soon as I can get it there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:34 am
Here's my question. How the HELL did Hera have a child??

Hera is the goddess of marriage. She does not have any demigod children. At all. Ever. The only children she had were Zeus's, and then that thing where she impregnated herself to make Hephaestus. Hera has never BEEN unfaithful, nor will she be. That's her shtick. It said so in the books, and in all of the myths about her.

Being claimed by Hera is impossible. x

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Bara the Mercenary
Captain

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:42 am
LollyxBeans
Here's my question. How the HELL did Hera have a child??

Hera is the goddess of marriage. She does not have any demigod children. At all. Ever. The only children she had were Zeus's, and then that thing where she impregnated herself to make Hephaestus. Hera has never BEEN unfaithful, nor will she be. That's her shtick. It said so in the books, and in all of the myths about her.

Being claimed by Hera is impossible. x

I realize this. However, how odd would it be if she DID have a child as revenge to Zeus? Hera is a very angry person, and very vengeful. It's an interesting thought, in my opinion. I understand what you're saying, but I would prefer to be allowed to experiment with this a little.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:51 am
But that's the thing. She wouldn't.
I understand creative license, but this is just...mmn. Wrong. It's going against everything the books said, and everything the myths said.

Hera gets revenge on Zeus in other, more creative ways, and that's what makes her interesting. She's the cause of a number of interesting situations because of it. If she were to stoop so low as to become as petty as Zeus, she's forsaking what she embodies, which is the loyalty and trust of the sanctity of Marriage.

It's like Ares suddenly deciding to dress in drag and become a pacifist.

Also, I think you using your position as Captain to break the canon rules is hypocritical, considering that you created this guild to make it more organized than the last. :

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Bara the Mercenary
Captain

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:57 am
LollyxBeans
But that's the thing. She wouldn't.
I understand creative license, but this is just...mmn. Wrong. It's going against everything the books said, and everything the myths said.

Hera gets revenge on Zeus in other, more creative ways, and that's what makes her interesting. She's the producer of a number of interesting situations because of it. If she were to stoop so low as to become as petty as Zeus, she's forsaking what she embodies, which is the loyalty and trust of the sanctity of Marriage.

It's like Ares suddenly deciding to dress in drag and become a pacifist.

As I said, I understand that. However, she also represents the family. She searches for a perfect family, and perhaps feels that would only be possible with a different husband. Thus, she looked to form a perfect family on earth. Even the best of marriages crash and burn. Not all wives are faithful, not all husbands are. It doesn't always destroy a marriage; divorce does.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:00 am
Divorce is the product of a destroyed marriage. Not the cause.

Hera doesn't search for the perfect family. She tries to create it out of what she has, and stubbornly manipulates everyone into being what she wants them to be.

That's the THING about Hera, which you're missing entirely. Despite Zeus's many whore-ings, she's always faithful. ALWAYS.
You're bastardizing it.

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Bara the Mercenary
Captain

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 am
LollyxBeans
Divorce is the product of a destroyed marriage. Not the cause.

Hera doesn't search for the perfect family. She tries to create it out of what she has, and stubbornly manipulates everyone into being what she wants them to be.

That's the THING about Hera, which you're missing entirely. Despite Zeus's many whore-ings, she's always faithful. ALWAYS.
You're bastardizing it.

In any case, the Child of Hera post is being terminated, if it makes you feel better, Lolly.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm
How many charries can we have?  

Lieutenant Harry Kim

tinytrrtle
Vice Captain

Desirable Genius

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm
Harry Kim husband of CJK
How many charries can we have?

Four.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:58 pm
I left the guild and then came back. So I was just wondering, do I keep my old characters?  

Lieutenant Harry Kim

tinytrrtle
Vice Captain

Desirable Genius

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:02 pm
Harry Kim husband of CJK
I left the guild and then came back. So I was just wondering, do I keep my old characters?

Welllll, they were deleted, but I suppose you could reuse their profiles again if you really wanted to; there wouldn't be a guarantee they would be claimed by the same god as before though. Or you just make brand new ones; either works. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 pm
Can anyone has a Hunter of Artemis as a character?  

Lieutenant Harry Kim

Bara the Mercenary
Captain

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm
Harry Kim husband of CJK
Can anyone has a Hunter of Artemis as a character?

Yes, but you have to send me a role play sample as the intended character.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 am
um i don't know if its just me, but its freaking hard to navigate this thing....Where the heck do I find the actual camp? not the outskirts of it or whatever, the camp.....  

FireFistAyane

Pure-hearted Wildcat

JJmonkeychic
Crew

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,125 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 am
Kanames_Edwardsgirl
um i don't know if its just me, but its freaking hard to navigate this thing....Where the heck do I find the actual camp? not the outskirts of it or whatever, the camp.....

The Big House
The Olympian Cabins
The Minor Cabins
The Dining Pavilion
The Forest
Training Grounds
Working Areas
Isolated Areas

All of these sub-forums are the camp itself. ^^ Within each are different threads that you can rp in.  
Camp Half-Blood: Heroes After Perseus Jackson

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff