Reply The Muslim Guild Of Allah
Interested in learning about Islam Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

twisting vines

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm
I am a Christian but I love learning about other religions and decided it was time to learn about Islam. Can anyone teach me about Islam?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:16 am
im still learning my self sorry but i hope u learn bunches 3nodding  

Ultra snow storm

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Luke of Romania

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm
pretty sure they have book and internet articles for you to check  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 am
Seeing as how most of us lack patience I imagine you are busy and don't have time to study the Quran. You can, however, check out Islam on wikipedia to get the bare bones of Muslim faith.  

Assan al-Hamzah

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Tatters95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:14 pm
Allah Had No Son
Is Allah Like You?
The Pilgrimage
This Was Your Life  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:27 am
salam and peace be with you all,

Islam comes from the Arabic word 'salima' or 'obey'.. if I'm not mistaken. In this part, all we need to do is to obey to only one God and that is Allah. The word 'Allah' is from Arabic word "Illah' which means the One true God.

You can check description about Allah in Sura' Al-Ikhlas, in the Holy Quran about Allah declares Himself as the one true God, for there is no God besides Him, He never has son... nor being a son of other else, and nobody is equal to Him.

There are five fundamental pillars in Islam, and that is to proclaim the two kalimah syahadah or decree, to perform prayers of Solah 5 times a day, to pay zakat or tribute for the sake of the poor ones, and other categories of needed persons, to make fast on the whole Ramadhan month and to make pilgrimage to holy Mecca for those who is able to do it.

The faith pillars of Islam has six points. It is to have faith on Allah, His prophets, His words in the holy books, His Angels, The Judgement Day and His power to decide your fate in the past and in the future.

Islam covers not only our code of conduct in life, our behaviour and our relationship with people and with Allah Himself, but also the way we govern the nation and the business matters according to the Laws of Islam called Syariah.

I hope that explains the basic things about Islam. biggrin  

Hazique TeaWithMilk

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200

Lady Madelina

Premium Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:28 pm
I would like to give you an advice that you should use all your life. NEVER and I mean NEVER try to learn about a religion from the internet. talk to other people, question them, but, don't search sites that already have the information collected. Do not search, because the people who have collected the information usually post their own beliefs, and if they are not of the same religion, they can tell false stuff.

Well, I would like to tell you a couple of stuff.

Islam, is a religion of peace but, as there aren't many practicing muslims, and some people like to kill and destroy other religions, Islam is one of their prey. They are spreading false talk about Islam, like muslims, are barbarians, etc. But, we are taught peace in Islam. So, I would like to tell you that please, if you want to learn about a religion, do not think of what the media says, forget it, because half of it is a lie. They just want news, that's all.

Okay, let me tell you a couple of basic stuff in Islam

The Quran is our holy book. We believe that our God, Allah wrote it and revealed it to our Last Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) through His angel, Jibra'il (A.S).
The ahadith, and sunnahs, are the doings and sayings of the Last Prophet, Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Ahadith are his sayings and sunnah are the good acts he did.

We have five pillars in Islam. They are compulsory, but in some cases, the rules change. Well, the pillars are:

1. Shahadah: Kalima: Ašhadu an lā ilāha illá l-Lāhu wa ashhadu 'anna Muḥammadan rasūlu l-Lāh(i)" "I profess that there is no god except Allah and I profess that Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

This is the Kalima that makes a non-muslim a muslim, this is the starting of when you become a muslim. A muslim must know the Kalima or else, how can he/she be a MUSLIM?

2. Salah: Namaz: These are the five prayers of the day. We praise and bow to Allah five times a day.

3. Zakat: Alms: This is a certain amount of money that a person had to give. In percentage it is like this: 2.5% out of 100% This is amount you have to give for charity. There are certain types of people to whom you can give Zakat to.

4. Saum: Fasting: There is a special month, called Ramazan, in an Arabic Calendar, in that month, muslims are to fast, from the crack of dawn till the sunset, meaning, we cannot eat or drink anything, but before the crack of dawn, and after sunset, we can eat and drink.

Sehri is the term used for the time before the crack of dawn. In this time, we eat food so we can stay fine through the day. Aftari is the term used for the time when we finish our fast. We eat at Aftari to finish our fast for the day.

5. Hajj: There are special days for the Hajj. As you might know, Arabic Calendar is a Lunar Calendar, meaning its dates are different than our Gregorian Calendar. Well, there are certain days in a Lunar calendar when we travel to the city of Makkah, and a lot of other places. There are a set number of days in which the Hajj is completed. It is very organized you know smile

Ihram are two white un-stitched pieces of cloths that men use to cover themselves during Hajj. Women can wear anything that covers them up properly biggrin cool

Well, there are a couple of other stuff in Islam that isn't there in many religions. Well, firstly I hope you got the basics, any question, feel free to ask or PM me smile

There are other stuff, for example:

Pig and boar are haram, meaning not allowed to be eaten in Islam. They are dirty animals you see. That is because a pig (this is true as I know) discards 2% of the food it eats, and the rest of the food that has dirty stuff and other stuff stays in it. It is harmful for our body.

Wine and alcohol etc. is not allowed because it makes a person lose his/her senses and the person can do anything bad, or dirty etc. Some say that it can be used in medicine, but it has more bad effects than good, so, it isn't allowed.

Gambling isn't allowed as games of luck aren't allowed. They are not fair. Its just luck and anybody can win or lose.

The animals who eat meat, meaning dogs, cats, wolves, tigers, lions, etc. etc. are not allowed to be eaten. It is not really liked that horses or transport animals are eaten.

But, in certain cases, rules are different, like if there is noooo food for you to eat and you're dying due to starvation and all you have is some animal that is not allowed to be eaten, so, it is allowed for you to eat it. But, eat as little as possible actually, eat the amount that can help you stay alive.

These are some of the basics. Its extremely late and I need to get to bed. See you later. smile Oh! And sorry for the long post neutral

Ask anything you want. I'll be happy to answer it for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 pm
What's the Islamic version of the Apocalypse I'm pretty sure it's different from the Christian one?  

Luke of Romania

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hazique TeaWithMilk

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 am
The Muslim views of the Apocalypse.. I suggest you to read the Hadith narrated mostly by Abu Hurairah RA, if I'm not mistaken. furthermore, you can read about it in the Holy Quran... sura' Al-Zalzalah and others. I don't remember them very well. ^_^;;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:37 am
Our beliefs are different about life after death than Christians. We believe that when a person dies, he goes to his/her grave where he/she is asked some questions. After that, the person is shown two places, Hell and Heaven and is told where he/she will go. In the Hereafter, the earth will blast up and lots of other stuff will happen. People will run for their lives. Mothers will forget their children and will only be worried about themselves. People would be in terror and would be running around in fright. Before all this...LOADS OF STUFF WILL HAPPEN!!

The signs are already visible that the day of Judgement is near. The bloodshed will increase, girls will dress like men and men will dress like girls, earthquakes and natural disasters will increase, and the Dajjal will arrive and a lot of other stuff!! eek I need my Islamiat Book to tell you all the stuff. I'll try telling you when I get my book, Insha Allah.  

Lady Madelina

Premium Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Hazique TeaWithMilk

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 am
Lady Madelina
Our beliefs are different about life after death than Christians. We believe that when a person dies, he goes to his/her grave where he/she is asked some questions. After that, the person is shown two places, Hell and Heaven and is told where he/she will go. In the Hereafter, the earth will blast up and lots of other stuff will happen. People will run for their lives. Mothers will forget their children and will only be worried about themselves. People would be in terror and would be running around in fright. Before all this...LOADS OF STUFF WILL HAPPEN!!

The signs are already visible that the day of Judgement is near. The bloodshed will increase, girls will dress like men and men will dress like girls, earthquakes and natural disasters will increase, and the Dajjal will arrive and a lot of other stuff!! eek I need my Islamiat Book to tell you all the stuff. I'll try telling you when I get my book, Insha Allah.

Salam,

Alhamdulillah, it's an important knowledge for all... and from now on, let's memorize the last 10 verses of Sura' Al-Kahfi, for it is our only barrier against the fitnah of Ad-Dajjal Al-Masih (Dajjal the Great Deceiver).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:49 pm
Admiral Hazique
The Muslim views of the Apocalypse.. I suggest you to read the Hadith narrated mostly by Abu Hurairah RA, if I'm not mistaken. furthermore, you can read about it in the Holy Quran... sura' Al-Zalzalah and others. I don't remember them very well. ^_^;;

I don't know arabic so I can't read the Qu'ran (only the "translation of the meaning of the Kuran) and I'm not a Muslim by parents are already angry enough I wanna do my college in the middle east (the fact that Christianity is tolerated in the Emirates chilled them out a little but now they think I wanna convert Muslims to Christianity)

P.S. I tried reading the translation of the meaning of the Kuran but I got confused it's written horribly  

Luke of Romania

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hazique TeaWithMilk

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 am
Othman ar-Rashid
Admiral Hazique

I don't know arabic so I can't read the Qu'ran (only the "translation of the meaning of the Kuran) and I'm not a Muslim by parents are already angry enough I wanna do my college in the middle east (the fact that Christianity is tolerated in the Emirates chilled them out a little but now they think I wanna convert Muslims to Christianity)

P.S. I tried reading the translation of the meaning of the Kuran but I got confused it's written horribly

Ah.. In that case, please give me some time. I shall open a new thread to discuss more about the Apocalypse revelation in the Al-Quran and Al-Hadith of Prophet Muhammad, narrated by his companions and confirmed as true (sahih) by the leading Muslim scholars like Imam Abu Hurairah, Muhammad Ibn Idris As-Syafi'e, Abu Majah and others. okay? biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 am
That'd be awesome the only thing I do know is that the sun will rise from the west  

Luke of Romania

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Hazique TeaWithMilk

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:56 am
Othman ar-Rashid
That'd be awesome the only thing I do know is that the sun will rise from the west

Ah, I've opened a thread about it. You can read it and feel free to add things. Let other Muslims know about it. ;D

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=21860315  
The Muslim Guild Of Allah

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces