Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 pm
User Image

This is an rp that takes place shortly after Roman's encounter with the Skinwalker Barracus in which he is having a dream about what his life would have been like had Barracus not murdered his mother. This takes place while he is passed out from blood loss and exhaustion. Shortly after this sequence he will be found by his 'adoptive father' Haides.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:00 pm
His wings were growing more and more tired with each beat and he knew he would not be able to remain in flight for much longer. Blood was dripping from his wounds and falling to the earth below him in minuscule raindrops. He fought to keep his body posture correct for flight but his vision was growing blurry and his body was becoming weak. Without much thought about where he was landing Roman began to lower himself to the earth in small increments, not desiring to come crashing down and cause himself further harm. When the ground grew close enough his struggling wings barely allowed him to hover as he stretched his front leg out to catch the dirt beneath him. The landing went awry as his leg collapsed and caused him to fall heavily. With a groan he allowed his body to go limp and his eyes to close. He hadn’t enough energy to stand and begin walking toward an unknown destination, he had no will to either. His breathing grew shallow and his body had become numb to the constant pain ravaging his flesh. The hot sensations had vanished and he now began to wonder if this was what death felt like when it first gripped it’s victim. He wondered also if this is how Cottus had felt while he lay there dying, his brother too naïve to even notice.

His posture was unusual and uncomfortable looking but he could care less. His front legs were collapsed at odd angles and his rear legs were splayed out. His wings were unfolded and one was pinned awkwardly beneath his body. Not only was he splotched with blood but he also was now covered in mud as he realized it has begun to lightly rain during the last part of his flight. He could barely feel the little drops hitting his skin. As he lay there a moment, dreadfully aware of some things while ignorant to others he began sinking into darkness. Perhaps finally his painful journey had come to an end; the Skinwalker who had murdered his family had completed the job. This was it, were the only words running through his mind.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm
The sun was brightly shining when Cottus found his brother lying lazily beneath a tree. Rolling his eyes he trotted over and gave Roman a rude nudge with his hoof. “Roman, mother and father were expecting you nearly an hour ago. What are you doing?” It wasn’t usual for his brother to sleep in this late; Roman always seemed so dutiful and was always prepared to learn about the herd and how to run it. When his brother didn’t stir he gave him a swift kick to the belly and took a step back, awaiting the retaliation. When it didn’t come he cocked his head and stared down at the sleeping figure below him. “Are you sick or something? Our parents have been waiting patiently for you but you know how father will get if you don’t show up. If you are sick you should at least tell me so I can let them know.” As he awaited a response Cottus observed the area around them. Spring had truly sprung, flowers were dotting the landscape and the grass was green and lush as ever. It was hard for him to believe that one day his brother would be in charge of all of this. Roman was the eldest and therefore held the rights to the herd and all that came with it once their father died. He raised a brow as he looked down at his barely moving brother and wondered if he would have the strength to manage such a task.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 pm
Roman was sure he had left the world of the living when he heard his brother’s voice. Even worse he had heard Cottus mention that mother and father were waiting for them. His mother and father had never waited for him; they hadn’t ever gotten the opportunity. He ignored the command and passed it off as little more than the hallucinations before death would truly take him. There was no way he could end up happy, no way he would be able to see his family again, even in death he would be a miserable stallion. He was content believing this was nothing more than a mind trick until he felt, felt, the kick to his gut. Grunting and pushing aside the pain he barely opened his eyes and found himself being blinded by sunlight. Hadn’t it been raining only moments ago? Opening his eyes a little wider he found himself gazing up at Cottus. Barely lifting his head he stared as his brother became lost in thought. Could this be true? Was he truly looking upon his brother at this moment? “Sick?” He asked stupidly still unsure of what was really going on at the moment. Rolling himself up he looked over his body and let out a gasp when he noticed the lack of blood or injuries. Shakily he brought himself to his hooves and stared directly at his brother. His blue eyes were wide and his shock was evident as he reached his nose out and pushed against his brother’s solid shoulder. “You….you’re alive….how?”

It hadn’t been that long ago that he had seen his brother’s carcass resting immobile on the cold hard earth. Tears came to his eyes and he lunged forward, embracing Cottus and inhaling the familiar scent of his younger sibling. “I missed you so much!” He sobbed. Though he knew it wasn’t like a stallion to cry in this manner he couldn’t help it. Though he was still questioning this entire situation he allowed himself to accept it for the moment. “Cottus…” He murmured.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 pm
He gave his brother a look revealing how dumb he thought he was being at the moment. “Sick? You know, like upset stomach, not feeling well enough to get up. Do you need me to spell it out for you?” He eyeballed his brother, feeling slightly unnerved as he witnessed a number of emotions passing over his face. “You don’t look so well now that I think of it…” He hadn’t ever seen his brother act this way before and it was beginning to worry him ever so slightly. Things got even more strange when Roman asked him how he was alive. “Roman…What is wrong with you? I have been alive since birth, haven’t died since that I know of.” Cocking his head he looked at his brother wondering if perhaps he had experienced some kind of night terror that would cause such a thing to occur. It wasn’t some prank his brother was playing on him, he knew that as soon as Roman had reached out to touch him as though reaffirming that he actually was there.

The teary embrace was the worst part; his brother had actually thought he was dead? What had brought this on? He allowed his brother to cry on his shoulder, cooing to him soothingly that he had been alive and well this entire time. “You are really worrying me brother, I saw you just last night before you went to sleep. We haven’t been apart for that long.” Backing away from his brother he nudged him affectionately beneath the chin with his nose. “Did you have some sort of bad dream that was a little too real or something? Do you want me to tell our parents that you will not be coming to lessons today?”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:32 pm
It took a great amount of strength for Roman not to once again hurl himself at his brother as he broke the embrace. Had what he experienced before just been all a bad dream? One of those realistic dreams that seemed to drag on for a lifetime. His mind began believing it every second he watched his brother breathe. “I guess I did.” He said with a small laugh, attempting not to seem too crazy now that he was once again looking upon his beloved brother. Mom? Dad? Shaking his head violently he rid himself of left over tears as well as giving his brother an answer. “Four Winds no! I would very much love to see mother though father I could probably live without…” Even though he was seemingly in a different world he still harbored a deep hatred toward his irresponsible father. “Lessons?” His ears pricked as he heard the last part of his brother’s sentence. Then and only then did he really take a look around where he was located.

Though he had been very young when their father pulled them away from their home he could still recognize it. He and his brother had raced around the tree he was now under many times, proving to one another who the best stallion would be. This land was so beautiful and he didn’t often think that now a days…or was it only in the dream he thought so drearily of the world? This was home, he could feel every fiber in his being telling him so. Inhaling deeply he took in the scent of flowers and greenery that suddenly seemed so normal to him. Looking back at his brother he shrugged his shoulders and gave a hearty laugh, something he hadn’t done in what seemed to be years. “Sorry about earlier, I guess it was just a vivid nightmare.”

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 pm
Cottus listened to his brother speak a moment, feeling a little more at ease now that he had admitted to having a nightmare. Even so he still found himself shocked at the mention of their father. “What? Did you guys have an argument or something? You are usually so close to him.” He mused a moment before answering his brother’s second stupid question of the day. “Yea, lessons, you know? About how to become the herd leader once he steps down? That must have been some dream for you to be so disoriented. You sure you are alright?” When Roman laughed Cottus was able to relax even further, it seemed he had gotten over whatever had just occurred. Rolling his eyes he bumped his brother with his shoulder. “Wait until I tell Cleo that you cried and hugged me, she will get a kick out of that! Though she probably won’t believe the crying portion.” The mention of the name brought to mind the image of his brother’s spunky little mate. Her long blonde hair and her cream colored pelt making her quite a rarity in these parts. Though it had been an arranged marriage the two of them seemed to have hit it off quite well. “Although, because she is pregnant she may be a little more emotional about these sorts of things and you could get doted on.” He chuckled and thought of his own mate and two foals. “By the way, your niece and nephew want you to give them flying lessons today. Seems they get tired of me being so technical.” He laughed.

Realizing they had kept their parents waiting far longer than they should have he turned and began to walk toward where they were waiting for their sons. “We better not make them wait any longer, they may decide to cancel lessons if we don’t get our rumps down there.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:50 pm
He and his father? Close? The perspective of this being all the hallucinations before death returned again. He and his father had never gotten along and he didn’t imagine they ever would. Rather than delving further into the topic he shoved it to the back of his mind for later speculation. More concepts of unfamiliar origin were thrown in his direction and he imagined smoke coming from his ears. If this had been reality and what he had thought he had been living was a dream, then why had he forgotten everything? Like who Cleo was and who knocked her up. Rather than asking about it he decided to play along. “Some doting would be nice, though, now that she is pregnant I should be the one doing the doting.” His laugh was false but he was sure it would pass. When he heard his brother speak of nieces and nephews all of the breath was snatched from his lungs instantaneously. “Your kids?” He couldn’t keep himself from this stupid inquiry. Ever since he had watched, dreamed, of his brother’s death he had ached for him to have children and a mate. He felt his heart grow warm at the thought of his brother having kids running around and a mate loving on him constantly, it is what he deserved. “Of course your kids,” he chuckled, “I just meant, they seem like my kids lately.” It wasn’t the best cover up but perhaps it would keep him from drawing too much attention to himself.

Inhaling deeply he gathered the courage to follow Cottus and see his parents. He hadn’t ever seen his mother, or had he? He was getting the dream he had just lived through mixed up with the reality of his life. Or was he? Shaking his head he cleared his mind and walked along side his brother. “I should hope they wouldn’t. There is still so much to learn.” He grinned.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm
Cottus laughed at his brother’s comment about doting on his mate. “You know better than that, Cleo doesn’t like to be doted on. She is one of those feminist mares who believe they don’t need a stallion’s help to get by.” Pensively he looked skyward with a small smile on his maw. “I bet your foals are going to be the same way! Just as head strong as their mother,” eyeing his brother, “and as dumb as their father.” With a wink he trotted a little ways ahead so as to avoid whatever kick would be coming his way. He and his brother often acted this way; it was how they showed affection which is why he was so shocked by the tearful embrace earlier. Looking back over his shoulder he allowed his eyes to linger on his older brother, still unsure of the episode from before. His path of thought was diverged when the subject of his own children came up. With a chuckle and a shake of his head he responded to his brother without a second thought. “You can have them if you want; though I know you wouldn’t last very long.” Sighing deeply and smiling complacently at the thought of his mate he continued. “They are so much like their mother! So fiery and spirited, they never want to do what they are told.” He didn’t regret these qualities in his children; he knew it would cause them to grow up strong and independent.

With a whinny he alerted his parents that they were nearby and would reach them in a matter of minutes. “Too true brother, there are so many things one has to know in order to take over the position of the head of the herd.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm
Though he still didn’t trust it entirely Roman was thoroughly enjoying the feeling of happiness and warmth building in his chest. These emotions had been dormant within him for such a long time he had almost forgotten entirely about their existence. “Oh yea,” he chuckled, “that Cleo, always trying to do things for herself and never allowing me to even lift a hoof.” Though he didn’t know any of what he was saying for sure it felt right. He was becoming more and more immersed in the idea that this was all true he was beginning to blend his mind with it. A frown tugged at the corners of his mouth as his brother mentioned his foal’s being stupid. “Ha! I am sure they will be plenty smart, taking after their father in that respect!” What was he saying? He was going to be a father? He hadn’t even lingered on that thought for more than a mere second. He hadn’t ever thought of having foals before, sure he had shared in company with a mare or two but it was nothing more than satisfying a basic need. Or was that all in that nightmare he had experienced? He was able to draw his mind away from those thoughts as he listened to Cottus speak about his mate. He was so happy to hear this, Cottus deserved a mate and family, he always had. “Sounds like they have the making of greatness in them.” He laughed. “Especially if they do not listen to you!”

His heart began to thump loudly in his chest as he heard a return whinny to the one his brother had just sounded. It sounded as though it had come from a mare; it had to have been his mother. Tears began to p***k at the corner of his eyes but he held them back. He would soon see his mother, he hadn’t ever seen her that he could remember. She had been taken from them when they were still in wicker…or had she? Another thought weighed on his mind and he found the words shooting out before he could control them. “Are you still experiencing your episodes?”

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:26 pm
“Well that is Cleo for you.” He laughed. He could barely make out the forms of his mother and father as they climbed the last hill leading to the river where their lesson would take place today. “I don’t remember you being overly bright so I will pray to the Four Winds that your offspring inherit what you lack.” He shot back absentmindedly. Then the comment about his own children caused him to turn his head back and smirk. “Oh aren’t you clever! One day they will listen to me! You just wait! And they will be all the better for it I guarantee it!” He snorted before continuing on towards their parents. He was so glad to have found his mate; it was just an accidental meeting unlike his brother’s arranged marriage. One day he had just happened to cross paths with Lisella and he found himself love struck. Even after all of the teasing from his sibling he asked her to be his Lifemate and now they were living out the end of the fairytales he had heard so many times as a foal.

The question about his episodes had him shrugging. “Ah, every so often they flare up if I push myself too hard but other than that they are pretty much nonexistent. It has been months since the last one so I have begun to wonder if I have perhaps outgrown them.” His illness had never truly been a problem, certainly he had moments when they were younger where he pushed himself too hard in order to keep up with his elder brother but nothing serious ever came of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:47 am
All other topics had been swept aside when his brother told him of how his illness was pretty much nonexistent. No words were able to come to him as he thought on this matter for a matter of moments. For much of his short existence he had often been worried for his brother’s health, watching helplessly night after night as his brother’s breathing quickened and became more and more difficult. As he looked to Cottus now he saw the corpse he had awakened to one morning and squeezed his eyes shut. All of that had been a horrible dream, he was now awake and living a life he would not soon take advantage of. “I am relieved to hear that.” He muttered. His heart felt light and a great weight had been removed from his shoulders. The sun felt wonderful on his flesh and all of the world seemed to come alive with beauty and happiness.

Suddenly he found himself frozen, unable to even twitch in the slightest. Eyes the color of the cleanest water gazed lovingly at him from beneath thick red hair. A soft and knowing smile spread across the mare’s face and Roman felt his heart stop for a moment. “Mother…” He said breathlessly. In the nightmare he had experienced prior to this day he hadn’t once laid eyes upon his dam. Stepping hurriedly forward he curved his neck over hers in a hug and closed his eyes. Breathing in he took in the spicy scent of her freedom and life. “Mother.” He repeated with more strength. Upon opening his eyes he looked upon his father who was looking at him in a rather curious manner. His father seemed different, happier and more alive than he was in Roman’s nightmare. Even so he still felt a small bit of hesitation within, not wishing to embrace his father. Stepping back so he was once again beside his brother he locked eyes with his mother and drank in her lovely appearance.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 am
Calixta was taken off guard when her son stepped forward and gave her a yearning hug. She had seen him the day before yet he was acting as though she had never laid eyes upon him. When she heard him whisper mother she had begun to worry about him. “My boy, are you alright?” She asked delicately. Her head delicately turning to look at her eldest son then to her mate who looked nearly as confused as she had been. When he stepped away from her she eyed him carefully a moment before smiling once again. “You act as though you haven’t seen me in ages my darling, are you well?” She heard her mate shift beside her and leaned into his side. Ardus was probably wondering the same thing about Roman though he would not voice his concern; he was much too masculine for that. With a gentle laugh she looked up into the eyes of her love. “Well dear, what are the boys to learn about today?”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 am
Ardus watched as his eldest son embraced his mother as though she had been away from him for more than merely a night. Though curiosity and concern bubbled up within him he said nothing on the matter, allowing his mate to ask the more sensitive questions while he remained the strong jawed rock. It was the duty of the stallion of the herd to always remain strong and never concern others, he often wondered if he had become a little too good at it. His mate asked the right questions and he awaited the responses with pricked ears. Perhaps Roman was just feeling a little more lovey today? Or perhaps something else had been on his mind and he needed his mother. His thoughts were interrupted when Calixta asked what he would be teaching the boys today. Clearing his throat and standing up tall he smirked. “I planned on teaching them about the land, how to tell where is best to move the herd during cold times and how to read whether or not the area is going to flourish or wilt.” He remembered learning this lesson from his father; it had been boring but most definitely beneficial. “Though I wonder if I should have taught how one is to be on time.” He said whilst eyeballing his sons. “What took you two so long to arrive?”  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:05 am
Cottus shifted uncomfortably under his father’s gaze, having already forgotten about Roman’s strange reaction to their mother. “Sorry about that father, Roman was having a nightmare and was really hard to awaken. At first he didn’t seem well so it took us a little longer.” Lifting and dropping his shoulders he smiled awkwardly. He had his brother had been so punctual in the past that it was rather unusual for them to be running behind. Moving on in subjects he thought about the lesson they were to learn today and groaned. He wasn’t one to complain normally but this lesson seemed so mundane in comparison to the others. Looking to his brother he whispered. “I guess you should have played sick today Roman, this isn’t going to be much fun.” He wanted nothing more than to return to his mate’s side and watch as his children played but that wouldn’t be happening for a while.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff