Meet'N'Greet - Avani x Kelda

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 pm
User Image Kelda was at a loss of what to do, stuck between a rock and a hard place. She groaned lightly. He pups were all grown up now, she was back on her own with Mzio off doing whatever it was he decided to do. Which was fine. Or so she tried to convince herself, she hadn't realized how go go go her life had been and now settled down, she was on the verge of leaving herself for the lions to eat.

"So this is what Motherhood has come to, leaving me high and dry with nothing to do. How did I do it before?" Thinking back, it was just as boring, but she hadn't know excitement. Finding a place to sleep wasn't hard, she pondered on her time as she did so. Kelda looked up, her gaze falling upon a tree that seemed to pick her, more than she picked it.

"The heat is unbearable with my pelt, luckily the sun will be dropping soon. I really should go back to my routine of sleeping the day away." Her sigh was echoed by crickets and sounds in the distance that resembled growls and more. They sound made her pelt stand on end and her skin crawl. No matter what state she was in she would never give it up. Her thoughts carried her through while she watched the moon, awaiting company she figured would never arrive.

Company, she may simply never have again, that thought made her eyes glimmer with tears.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:25 pm
User Image

Looking around, Avani really didn't recognize this place at all. Pumi was off hunting, as usual, since she had been deemed 'too frail' to give it a try herself. Though, she would never argue with him; she knew that he loved being able to do things for her, and she wouldn't ever want to deny him that. But, since he went off so often, she found herself getting overly anxious just sitting there and waiting for him. So today, she had decided, she would go off and have a little adventure of her own. She was still just barely considered an adult, and she wasn't ready to resign herself to a daily routine of just laying around. Oooooh no.

With the light fading, Avani's vision slowly shifted, everything taking on a different tint than it would in the daytime. She didn't go off in the dark very much, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't at least a little bit nervous.

Despite her natural size, Avani's fur bristled slightly when she saw something kind of....florescent. In the darkening scenery, the few streaks of bright green stood out vibrantly to her, and she quickly found herself going towards it. "Uhm-" Stumbling a bit as she made her way closer, she still could barely see a vague outline of something - something with a smaller body than her own. It looked....canine? At least, its tail didn't look like any feline she'd every seen before.

Polette
Crew

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm
Kelda shuddered again lightly, some more guttural noises of a feline echoed then, the falling of a lifeless body. The sounds of a happy kill were much, much closer than she had predicted, this threw her quickly into a panicked take bake of her urgency and she let her fur stand on end. This motion made her seem that much larger, but would do nothing if the attacker was male.

Tears quickly forgotten, but left unshed, she began to search. Not moving she let her nose do the searching. Not completely a fail she turned slowly, bringing herself into a very low crouch. There were eye's on her. The hyena, weathered by age and by ways of being brought up by her own self was quick to assess the situation.

The attacker was female, bonus, she was small and seemed just full grown. With that Kelda smiled brightly, if the female were to attack she could easily use her skill to win and escape if not kill and devour the female. Not a simple hello would suffice, but the word escaped her suddenly. "Hello." She whispered softly to the predator. She didn't miss the scent of the male looming around this feline like an aura of it's own power, but she would not pass up this meeting, when running would be futile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:55 pm
Flicking her ears up quickly at the sound of movement, Avani tried her hardest to focus in on the creature that stood before her. In this light, Avani couldn't really see the aggression coming from it; though, she wasn't the type to sense that sort of thing anyways.

"Oh, hello!" Smiling obliviously, Avani took a few cautious steps forward. With the distance decreased now, she could better see the other. While she had never been overly fond of canines, since most saw her only as an enemy, she still put on a brave grin. "I really didn't see you there at first. You're so dark....and my eyes aren't the best at night." Her young voice was full of energy, and her eyes were wide and bright.

"I didn't really think I'd come across anyone else while I was out, but I can't say that this is a disappointment." Avani continued to speak, completely oblivious to the fact that the other didn't really seem like they wanted to.

Polette
Crew

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 pm
Shock. Simple and purely shock. It wasn't obvious on Keldas face, but she watched the leopardess move cautiously at first then begin blabbering like that of an oaf about this night not being disappointing and such. Judging by her looks she was literally freshly adult, her voice was still a young one, unchanged by burden and more, she was certainly pampered. This made Kelda even more frustrated not angry, but aware that they were in two very separate lives.

"Hello." She said again, still quiet, but she was trying The leopardess would cause her no harm, no trouble either. So long as the pesky male didn't come back. It was her guess that the male was babying the female. Ironic that he had left her to fend for herself against a mangy hyena. Kelda almost laughed out loud at this thought, but stifled it with a sniffle. Her mistake, with that a tear, still hiding away in her eye crept it's way, glistening until it drips from her pelt and its the ground.

She glares at this and prays the younger feline was oblivious.

"Where's your male?" She asked, hoping the straight forward way would avoid questions about a rising problem in her life that she wished not to discuss with some feline, though it may feel nice to get her story out, even though the other may not understand.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 pm
Staring blankly at the hyena for a few moments, Avani couldn't really notice anything other than blackness on the other's face. Even if it was light out, there was little chance that she would have seen anything at all anyway.

"I'm Avani. But you probably don't really care too much, since we've only just met." Letting out a small laugh, Avani at least knew that the rest of the world didn't really care about small things as much as she did. It had been obvious when she had first met Pumi....

"My....male?" Her thoughts wandered off for a moment. In all the time they'd been together, Avani had never really considered him to be 'hers.' Rather, she was his. As similar as the words sounded, the difference between the two was huge to her, and she never let herself forget it.

"Oh, Pumi? I wouldn't really say that he's mine...." For once, the young leopardess looked rather sad. She knew all too well that, no matter how strong the feelings were between them, she was merely a 'pet' in the grand scheme of things. Sure, they both cared deeply for each other, and she knew he loved her more than anything, but it didn't change the fact that he monitored her every movement, sheltering her from the 'bad' things in the world. In fact, she knew he'd be furious to find her away from their den.

"Well, last I heard he went out hunting." The smile arising again, she almost began thinking about what it was he could be bringing back for her.

Polette
Crew

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 pm
Kelda watched the quick change in emotions, the leopardess could have been taken for a slight bit mental, had she not been so young. "But he is yours? Not at all..." She pondered this slightly. How could a smell be so strong, but he not be hers? "Pumi?" Kelda barely acknowledged her name, but nodded briefly and paused, as if wondering whether to share her name. "Avani, my name is Kelda, I do not understand how he is not yours... you reek of the male, Pumi, or whatever you said."

Her tail flicked in frustration, was the male holding her captive? No, it couldn't be, there'd be no love in her eye's if she was a captive.

Kelda was drowning in confusion, awaiting the explanation she figured she deserved.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:50 pm
"Oh, it's just...." She paused for a moment to think about what exactly she should say. "Well, I came across him when I was just a cub." She thought back to that day; she had been wandering off on her own, and he hadn't given her much more than a mere glimpse. "His eyes seemed so cold, but that didn't really matter to me then. I guess I was just persistent, or stubborn, enough to not really care." Laughing a bit, she'd already realized that their situation had begun that very day.

"It's not really hard to guess that we both came to love each other." Avani could feel her cheeks start to turn red a little, but in this darkness, it wasn't too visible. "It was when I became of-age that I finally realized that he had his claws wrapped around me closer than I had originally thought." He eyes drifted off, wondering why exactly it was that he was so obsessive.

"I dare not ask him why he does what he does, though; as odd as it may sound, I still love him, and as long as that remains, I won't question his ways. Goodness knows I'm a bit of a wreck on my own." Laughing lightly, her eyes flicked back up to the hyena in front of her. "I know it may seem a bit odd or twisted from the outside, but I have no reason to question him. But that's what I mean when I say he's not 'mine,' really...." Nodding slightly, she smiled, trying not to think about the situation too much.

Polette
Crew

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm
Kelda listened patiently, though she wasn't a very patient hyena. The story, though, enticed her. The leopardess before her appeared to still be the cub she had said was 'rescued' by this beast. When the other began to express a love for the other is when Kelda began to speak. She was hushed by more of a story and then she let her head bob a little. Nodding, basically saying, I listened.

"What happens if you're on your own and some lion comes to get you? Perhaps you have not heard, there are some rather savage creatures out there that even a well-educated leopard could not survive." She stressed her question, extreme concern welling into the look on her face. She was a Mother by accident, but did it well and the instincts did not fade. "He ought to be teaching you how to defend yourself, you should have when you were younger. Now, out here by yourself, you are a sitting duck. A duck that was not taught how to fly is no duck at all, just a meal."

The voice that rang through the words. Telling this feline what to do, was not her own. Kelda paused and heard her own Mothers aggressive voice. She cringed at the thought and chose a much lighter tone. "I'm only pointing this out because I care." She said softly, her eyes glassy as if she wasn't truly looking or even speaking with the leopardess. Though she did mean the words for her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 pm
Looking up at the hyena, Avani smiled warmly at her. It felt weird talking about her relationship with Pumilio with a stranger, but it also felt....pretty good to finally be able to get the words out.

"Well, actually, I'm almost kind of hoping for an encounter of that sort." Glancing up towards the sky, Avani quickly tried to edit her own words. "W-well, what I mean is, I kind of want a 'real-life' experience. I d-didn't actually mean that I wished to be attacked." Laughing a little, it was kind of funny. She knew it may have sounded a bit odd, but for Avani, experiencing what the real world was like was what she had dreamed about for awhile now. "But, you know, I really don't want to take away his vision of his private 'bird.'" Her smile faded for a moment, like someone looking back fondly on a memory.

"It makes me really happy, though, to hear your words." Grinning at the hyena, Avani really hadn't ever had anyone else to talk to in awhile.

Polette
Crew

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces