Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ B U R N :: the everything guild ]

Back to Guilds

The Everything Guild... For Everyone, Everywhere. Designed with you in mind, to help you make the very most out of your Gaia experience! 

Tags: charity, contests, reality, advice, gold 

Reply - Roleplay -
The Winds and the Wild -Literate RP- {Full} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beyond Autumns Gate

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:55 pm
The world of Deonia
Deonia is a place where magic rules. The people who reside in it are protected by the lords of the four houses that claim it as their domain.
But, even these lords cannot protect Deonia from the many terrible natural disasters.
For that, there are four people known as “Whisperers.” The Whisperers are the guardians of Deonia.
One person from each of the four houses who have the whispering gift, the gift to use the animal guardian of their house to stop natural disasters and promote peace in Deonia, will be chosen to become a Whisperer.
Not everyone has this gift. And there are even some who are promoted from apprentice to Whisperer who become corrupted and try to use their gift for selfish reasons.
It is about time for the current Whisperers to step down and pass on their places to their apprentices.

The Whisperers’ gifts and how they are used
A Whisperer’s main ability is to dive into the spirit world and call upon the guardian animal of their house to aid them in their times of trouble.
It takes many years to perfect that ability and even then it is uncertain if they will make it back from the spirit world after making contact.
The spirit world is a dangerous place.
The Whisperers’ and their apprentices must learn to ignore the lure of it or risk being trapped there forever.
The Whisperers swear an oath upon becoming a Whisperer to not use their animal guardian to hurt or destroy any life, but even the oath hasn’t stopped some from thrusting for power and becoming corrupted.
There is a possibility that a current Whisperer has indeed become corrupted and could bend their apprentice to their will or worse, win them to their cause and form a coup against the four kingdoms.

The Whisperers age from around twenty five to thirty.
Apprentices are usually sixteen or seventeen.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 pm
Four houses one destiny

The house of Drayce holds the most wealth amongst the four. Because of their large amount of wealth, the animal that represents their house is the dragon and wear the colors of emerald green and gold to signify wealth. Those who belong to this house are commonly redheaded and have analytical personalities. The Drayces are a cold and sour bunch who do not give any sort of help freely. There are some acceptations to this. There are some who reside in this house who do have tender and kind hearts, though they hide them because being kind is considered a weak trait to those who hail from the house of Drayce. They live in the south where the climate is warm and the gold is abundant. Their residence and the towns that they rule over dot the southern shores of Deonia. The disasters that plague them are usually monsoons and the occasional hurricane.

The house of Bramwell is the polar opposite of the house of Drayce. They are the ones who live in a more rural area in the west, and because the ground is so fertile there, they provide the rest of the realm with healthy crops and livestock. Their guardian animal is the ram and they wear the colors of white and pink to signify abundance and love. Those who hail from this hose are usually fair headed and bear a soft and kind demeanor about them. They hold love and understanding above all other ideals and rule justly in their kingdom. They frown upon fighting and killing. They use other means of punishing wrongdoers. The disasters that plague them vary from yearlong droughts to sudden tornadoes that destroy and whither their crops.

For the house of Phelan, the ultimate goal of life is to find beauty in all things. They are the artists of the four kingdoms, providing beautiful tapestries and magnificent castles and fortresses to all four corners of the realm. Their guardian animal is the wolf and the colors they bear are red and grey. They reside in the north where a magnificent mosaic wall surrounds their territory. They usually have black hair and can be either quite vain or very charismatic. Either way, they put everything they have into everything that they do. They are gifted in all the fine arts. Painting, music making, and throwing magnificent feasts are all common pastimes of the Phelans. The most common threat to them is the harsh winters that visit them each year.

The house of Algernon has the largest and strongest army. Their main concern is usually who they are going to defeat in battle next. They are all strong and proud warriors who hold the bear as their guardian animal and don black and brown to honor the colors of their animal, who they pray to before every battle. It is said that a man from the house of Algernon doesn’t become a man until he has killed his first enemy. They usually have varying shades of brown hair and are avoided by others because of their brutish customs. It is unknown as to what type of personalities these people have because no one has bothered to get close enough to talk to them unless engaging them in battle. The Whisperers who hail from here had a varying personality type, so it was undetermined what these people are really like. They reside in the eastern mountains and the main disasters that they have are earthquakes and rockslides or mudslides.

Beyond Autumns Gate

Beyond Autumns Gate

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:57 pm
Rules-

-Follow Gaia's ToS's
-No god moding
-All profiles are to be PMed to Irako of the Desert
-Send apprentice profiles as "The Rising Dawn" with the animal guardian in the title
-Send current Whisperer profiles as "The Waning Moon" with the animal guardian in the title as well
- Whisperers and aprentices are of the same houses and must be related in some way. (uncle/aunt, elder brother/elder sister, distant cousins, ect)
-They also share the same last name (house name)
-BE LITERATE. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE LINERS. HAVE AT THE VERY LEAST FOUR SENTENCES PER POST.
-Don't just decide to be evil. Ask me if you want to be the evil Whisperer.
-Three strikes and you're out.

Another thing which probably should mentioned is that if you want to be the evil Whisperer, no one is supposed to know you are evil but me. That means you should not mention anything about a coup in your profile. Also, I want you to collaborate wth me on what evil-doings you will perform during the RP. They will be subtle at first and will progress to worse and worse things later on

---

The Whisperers/apprentices go into the spirit world and call upon the animal spirit and the strength of the animal is given to them. The bear gives super strength to move boulders and clear mudslides. The dragons are like the Chinese ones where they control water and calm oceanic storms. The Rams are wind to stop tornadoes. The wolves are ice for lack of a better trem. They can't stop the winter storms entirely, but they can push them back and make them less severe.
Basically, they are elementals to a point where they can only control the weather to avoid natural calamity.
The animal uses them to perform their tasks. In other words, what's happening durring the connection in Deonia also happens in the spirit world. For example, say the bear apprentice/Whisperer is punching a boulder and breaks it in half and someone was peeking into the spirit world at the same exact moment, then they would see the bear breaking the boulder.
If two of the Whisperers were fighting for some reason, then you would also see the two animals fighting if you were in the spirit world.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 pm
Dragon Whisperer- taken
Dragon Apprentice- taken

Ram Whisperer- taken
Ram Apprentice- taken

Wolf Whisperer- taken
Wolf Apprentice- taken

Bear Whisperer- taken
Bear Apprentice- taken

skeletons in the closet
[size=18][align=left][color=white]-----------[/color][/align][/size][size=14][color=white] .........................[/color][color=CHOOSECOLOR]» [/color][color=gray]First Name[/color][color=CHOOSECOLOR]Middle or Nickname[/color][color=gray]Last Name[/color] [/size]

[align=center][img]ANIME PICTURE it's simpler that way, I guess[/img][/align]
[align=center][u] [color=white]---------------------------[/u][/color]
[size=9][color=gray]I prefer to be called[/color] [b]NICKNAME[/b]
[color=gray]Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm[/color] [b]GENDER[/b]
[color=gray]I was born [/color][b] AGE [/b][color=gray]years ago[/color]
[color=gray]I hail from the house of [/color][b] HOUSE [/b]
[color=gray]I am a/an[/color][b] APPRENTICE OR WHISPERER [/b]

[color=CHOOSECOLOR][b]Secrets Known Only to Me[/b][/color]
BIOGRAPHY AT LEAST A PARAGRAPH

[b][color=CHOOSECOLOR]...But I Must Warn You:[/b][/color]
PERSONALITY AT LEAST A PARAGRAPH

[b][color=CHOOSECOLOR]There's Somethings I forgot:[/b][/color]
Anything extra?[/size][/align]
[size=18]
[align=right][color=CHOOSECOLOR]★[/color][u][color=CHOOSECOLOR]USERNAME[/color][color=white]--------------[/color][/u][/align][/size]

Beyond Autumns Gate

Beyond Autumns Gate

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm
Dragons

-----------
.........................» Dragana Eadgyo Drayce

User Image

---------------------------
I prefer to be called Dragana
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm female
I was born 25 years ago
I hail from the house of Drayce
I am a Whisperer

Secrets Known Only to Me
My father married a woman from the House of Phelan, who later became my mother. It was a marriage of convenience and alliance, since at the time, he wanted free access to Phelan's trade routes. I was raised according to my mother's wishes, since I was a girl. This, of course, meant I was trained to be a proper lady. I wasn't taught about economics, or business, or trade, with the thought of being my father's heir. Instead, I learned to sew, and manage servants, and embroider fine designs. It was only after severe arguing with my mother that I was allowed to take up singing lessons. She thought I would run away to become a bard or something.
Mother was absolutely horrified when she learned I was a Whisperer. Father was upset as well, since that meant I could no longer be a trade good to be married off on his command. I was sent to my uncle's household to learn from him. He was my father's brother, and believed that women should be subservient to men. As a result, he took every opportunity to remind me that I would never be as good as a male whisperer, and that I should never expect to rise above a certain expertise. I took it upon myself to prove him wrong and worked hard.
Finally, my uncle admitted that I had surpassed him and was ready to graduate from apprenticeship. After I returned to my father's household, a freak monsoon came and destroyed my uncle's lands. He became penniless overnight and now roams the kingdom as a beggar. My father refused to take him in, saying that he doesn't hand out charity.
When I came back, my parents announced that they were going to start accepting suitors for my hand in marriage. Now my days and nights are filled with meeting eligible bachelors and generally being nice to them, even if some are disgusting old lechers.

...But I Must Warn You:
My tongue is sharp, and my wit sharper. Very few people can come away unscathed in a battle of words with me. While I act like the lady I am, I'm not about to let anyone relax around me. There are only a rare few people I let my guard down around, and they don't include any of my suitors or my parents. I keep my emotions shut off, but sometimes they boil over and explode. It's hard for me to make friends, but rest assured, I am loyal to the few I have.

There's Somethings I forgot:
I dote upon cats. I currently have two that have taken up residence in my rooms. They come and go as they please, but I always make sure there is a bit of a treat for them.

Irako of the Desert--------------

-----------
.........................» Marnie Alessandra "Messy" Drayce

User Image

I prefer to be called Messy/ Marnie
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm Female
I was born seventeen years ago
I hail from the house of Drayce
I am an apprentice

Secrets Known Only to Me
Marnie has always been a talented child. She's proactive, responsible and a good decision maker. Her parents, aunts and uncles have all trusted her at some point or another, with watching over her younger siblings and relatives.
Despite this over all attitude however she is truly a kind person, though she only shows her playful side to those younger than herself. God help her if an adult ever saw her without a mild expression, they might think she'd had a stroke.

...But I Must Warn You:
Marnie likes being the responsible one, but that doesn't mean she likes bossing people around. She only likes that if she knows she's right; and with the amount she reads and experiments she knows quite a lot.
Still she doesn't like it when people are aggressive, or being a bully. She can't necessarily put a bully down, but she is all to happy to jump in and deflect a person's attention, especially if they're picking on someone younger.
For all she's expressively/emotionally down played she is quite sensitive to other people's feelings. Which is quite the talent, as mostly everyone in the Drayce family isn't too keen on showing them.

She likes little kids, and is usually pretty open with them, though it too is downplayed in front of Drayce adults. It's not completely un-known however, it's just looked upon as more of a useful talent, as at family celebrations she can often keep the whole kids table occupied with almost no help.
Her nickname "messy" came from one of her smaller cousins trying to manage her first and middle name, when what came out was "Messy" it stuck simply because it was so unlike her and even funnier because of it.

Zetao--------------

Rams

-----------
.........................» GentiusT H E OBramwell

User Image

I prefer to be called Theo.
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm male.
I was born 30 years ago
I hail from the house of Bramwell
I am a/an Whisperer.

Secrets Known Only to Me
The elders of my house were hesitant to give me the Whisperer title at first, and all the privileges and responsibilities that came with it. After all, how were they to know what this random, seventeen year old boy was like, and how would they know whether or not he would take his duties seriously? But I've proved to be fit for the job, time and time again. Much consideration for the welfare of my clan, and, at times, the other clans, go into each action I take. I try to be the voice of reason and understanding for the entirety of Deonia. However, it is a great burden, and I have been living this life for quite awhile. I won't say I'm tired of it, but I won't exactly miss the life of a Whisperer the day I pass on the title to my dear Apprentice. However, I fear it may be awhile until Addie is ready to bear the fate of the clan on her shoulders. She has much to learn about the cruelty of the world outside Bramwell, and especially has to learn not to get so easily taken in by... well, everything. I feel like I must watch over her at all times. I know she gets peeved by my fatherly behavior, but I just can't help it.

...But I Must Warn You:
As a member of the Bramwell clan, I am kind and considerate. Although I stick to business most of the time, I have no problem switching to my playful side when I'm allowed. I try to be optimistic at all times, and maintain good terms with all my friends. I do tend to be a little overprotective over my closer friends and family; especially my apprentice, Addie.

I'm hesitant to hand over the title of Whisperer to my apprentice, Addie. I'm very fond of her, but she is very gullible, too quick to listen to what other people say. Truthfully, I don't think she is at all ready yet to become Whisperer.

T_trees_T--------------

-----------
.........................» AddisonSelima Bramwell

User Image

I prefer to be called Addie, but only by those who are close to me.
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm female
I was born sixteen years ago
I hail from the house of Bramwell
I am an apprentice

Secrets Known Only to Me
I feel it was a cruel joke of the gods to place me in a house that frowns upon taking up a sword. It is even more cruel that they believe that only the men should fight, if at all.
Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to learn how to hold a sword. I don't want to kill anyone or anything, but I've always been drawn to swordplay. I was seven the first time I saw two people swinging swords at each other. It was as if they were dancing. It was beautiful.
I long to break free from these people and learn how to hold my own. I finally have the chance thanks to my whispering gift.
I find the lure of the spirit world to be very tempting and I get into dazes easily. My master worries that I might succumb to the draw of the spirit world if they are not around to pull me back to Deonia. I swear I can become the Wisperer my master doesn't believe I can be! I just need more practice! It is almost time for my master to step down so I may take their place as a Whisperer.
...But I Must Warn You:
Though I am generally kindhearted, I also have a cynical side to me that I rarely show to everyone else.
I've grown a bit cynical over the years because I have been surpressed by my family to be an obedient young lady.
However, I am deeply loyal to my friends and I am quite optimistic.

There's Something I Forgot:
I have one big character flaw: I am somewhat gullible and I am easily manipulated by my surroundings, another reason why my master feels that I might be unfit to take their place.

Beyond Autumns Gate--------------

Wolves

-----------
.........................» ShiraGwynnPhelan

User Image

I prefer to be called Shira the Wolf's Howl
I was born 30 years ago
I hail from the house of Phelan
I am a/an Whisperer

Secrets Known Only to Me
I am the Whisperer of the Phelan clan, and my nephew is also my apprentice. My husband is a tapestry merchant, and when my nephew is not with him, he stays with me at my estate. I appreciate the art of weaving, but I choose to pursue the art of music instead. I became Whisperer to protect my family and my clan.

...But I Must Warn You:
I can be overprotective. Even though I may seem demure and quiet, if my family or clan is threatened in any way I will lash out against the offender. If you take the time to get to know me, you will find that I am extremely loyal to those I deem trustworthy.

I have a slight obsession with order and beauty. When something is not aligned correctly or has a flaw that detracts from its beauty rather than enhancing it, it will automatically catch my attention, and sometimes I will become sick until the object has been fixed or removed from the room.

SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath--------------

-----------
.........................» ReenVinViciousPhelan

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I prefer to be called Vicious The Grey Fang
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm Male
I was born seventeen years ago
I hail from the house of Phelan
I am a/an Apprentice

Secrets Known Only to Me
I've grown found of the minor things, the moonlit sky, the cold nights breeze, walks through the dangers of certain forests. I wasn't always so devilish, in my younger years I was timid, a shy boy with little to no friends. I tend to stick to myself, no need for the pleasantries or indulging myself within a group of fools who knew nothing of mankind. I was more prone to my school work and the books given to me to study as I was my Aunt's Apprentice. Growing in the House of Phelan beauty was my decor, anything horrendous or putrid was to be rid of. Art was my specialty, along with that of the beautiful Piano which was another art I was to study when I was young.

Eventually things went wrong leaving me an orphan to be raised fully by Aunt, in a monstrous both my Mother and Father were beautifully slaughtered protecting my own well being. This brought a sort of drought upon my life, never speaking again I staved away from the social scenes or human life to be blunt. I kept to the animals, mostly my Wolven Companions as I call them, my own word brought up for them. I learned that I was becoming more like them.

...But I Must Warn You:
Come, listen well. I am nothing more the a noble, if it isn't beauty then do not speak of it. I rather keep quiet then speak more the a sentence, I continually keep to myself because I rather not be bothered with ignorance which I have a low tolerance for. Always with a smile and a gentle expression I can be scary if deemed necessary, I'm more of a thinker, strategic analysis type of thing. Thinking through every single move while performing would we call such a thing a dance? I like toying with my prey, simple insults, turn fools into enraged beasts blinded by their aggression. How beautifully disastrous. But alas, that is all you need to know.

I tend to carry a Katana, no strap, just in hand. Secretly I carry throwing knives under my sleeves, no? And I'm very found of the sword which I was trained upon, hand to hand is my forte but I dabble well within that area of expertise.

Taeko Fukui No Goryo--------------

Bears

-----------
.........................» AstraylAlkaneAlgernon

User Image

I prefer to be called Alkane
Not sure if you knew or not, but I'm Male
I was born 31 years ago
I hail from the house of Algernon
I am a/an Whisperer

Secrets Known Only to Me
I grew up in a family of fighters. At the young age of 5 they started my training with brutal physical exercise that started with 100 push-ups along with a boulder twice the size of me on my back. If I stopped doing them I would have been crushed. From the beginning I didn't like being raised in the main household. At age 10 they taught me the techniques of the main family. Each time I would break a couple bones or go to bed so sore I couldn't get up for a few days. At age 15 I showed signs of a whisperer and my family cheered for me. It was the first time I got praise, usually anytime I did something well they congratulated me by making do the next exercise. Then I started to not only learn how to fight from my family but be a apprentice to my aunt for whisper training. Finally I beat her in a fight and earned my title at age 26. I am now the head of the family and the strongest in my area.
...But I Must Warn You:
I tend to day dream a lot when I am not doing anything. I don't like to teach others and tend to drift anytime I am talking to someone I deem uninteresting. If someone asks for a fight I will do it. I don't like to fight but I don't hate to either. At times it does make me feel alive, other times it reminds of the kind of household I grew up in. I tend to tick off some of the other head family members with my habits of sleeping during important lectures and acting to comfortable around others of royalty. I have some bad blood with the dragons and I still don't get why the Rams hate my attitude. I do have a short fuse when I am insulted or blamed for things, even if I did do them.
In my sleeves I carry a couple throwing knives. I have a short sword strapped to my side. I carry around candy to give to kids because kids are one of the only things I like. I have a retractable spear hidden in my coat and I tend to smoke a lot.

ichibi1--------------

-----------
.........................» RenNitaAlgernon

User Image

I prefer to be called Nita
I was born 17 years ago
I hail from the house of Algernon
I am a/an Apprentice

Secrets Known Only to Me
I've always looked up to the Bear Whisperer. Of the House Algernon, the Whisperer's the strongest, so why shouldn't I? I've been trained since childhood to take over as Whisperer, but my cousin Astrayl, who's the current Whisperer doesn't seem to have gotten that message. Of course, he was always busy with his own training, so it makes sense. My mother was the Whisperer before him, so you'd think I'd hate my cousin, but I really don't. Either way, it doesn't really matter. I'll beat him in a fight when the time comes.

...But I Must Warn You:
I have a sharp temper and will even snap at a superior sometimes. Sassy but serious, that's me. I laugh easily when given the opportunity, but it's not always at the right moment.

Although I come from a clan of warriors, I was trained as a dancer as well.

SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath--------------

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:03 pm
I'm sorry that I haven't really been active. It was short notice and I couldn't tell anyone that I was going on Hiatus. It was really buisy this semester. I am free for the summer though, so I promise I'll be more active. I hope you enjoy this rp and I hope we can all have fun role playing with each other.
_BAG

Beyond Autumns Gate

Beyond Autumns Gate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 am
I need four more people to begin the role play. I would really like some menfolk to be in this. I hope no one minds playing a guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm
(Woo hoo! Only two more to go!) I hope they're both guys XD  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

ichibi1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:56 am
((TWO MORE!!))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:17 am
(COME ON, PEOPLE! WE ONLY NEED TWO MORE!!!! WE CAN DO IT!)  

SKBCTayuyaFluteofDeath

Eloquent Phantom

15,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150

The Adorably-Gay Kouhai

Lucky Duck

13,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:18 pm
I guess I'll be the man here and side with the rams (ugh...white &pink).
Can anyone assist me in getting acquainted?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 am
So we need a Ram and a Bear? biggrin

The other ram seems to hate the Ram traits of kindness/love. So maybe the whisperer would be kind of like that?

I'm thiiiis -> <- close to making another charrie if we need it.  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

ichibi1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:04 pm
i am with Zetao on this one. If need be I will fill in another spot  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm
~bump~  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

ichibi1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm
cant we just start?