[SRP] The Open Sky (Bali x Pumilio)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:06 pm
(( This is a self-rp between Bali and Pumilio ))

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 pm
Keeping his paws light, Bali was feeling pretty tired, even though the day was only half over. It must have been the extensive traveling that had worn the young cheetah down, having not stopped for rest in a few moons. Maybe it was just something that would come with age, but Bali whole-heartedly believed that he was invincible in every sense of the word. Now, he wouldn't go out and do extremely stupid things; rather, he'd just push himself a little further. His mind always told him to never back down, and it always seemed to give him extra energy.

Blue eyes looking drained and weary, Bali finally accepted the fact that he should probably rest for a little while. At least now he could really take in the scenery and try and figure out where he was. For Bali, being lost was...well, it was kind of a forte for him. No matter what, his sense of direction was completely unimportant to the cheetah, and he'd let it fall by the wayside during his travels.

Sitting himself down in the grass, Bali sat up with a sort of regal appearance. His eyes were in small sits as the wind blew across his face, and the dirt that had crusted his underside made him seem far older than he actually was. Though it didn't really look it, this was Bali's was of resting - keeping himself looking like he was alert even though he'd already let his senses slip into the back of his mind.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 pm
Padding only gently, Pumilio had been out hunting for food for his beloved Avani, who had been feeling rather tired lately. He knew it didn't mean anything real important - he'd been pushing the adolescent to travel as he did, with little rest. It must have just been how young males worked, going on for days without resting. But he was quickly finding out that the things he was used to as a single young male weren't the things that even younger females needed. While it was different, he welcomed the change, loving the change to care for someone he loves.

His navy eyes were open and fully of energy as he went along, having had a mid-hunt snack to keep his energy up. He wanted to bring back a real prize for Avani, to give her lots of energy. And maybe to show off. Just a little.

With a small grin on his maw, Pumi barely caught sight of a sandy-colored figured sticking straight up out of the grass. It's dark brown face was the only thing that really stuck out from the scenery around it, and Pumi was quick fascinated by the creature. From afar, he couldn't make out what it was, just that it was skinnier than he was. He was never really afraid of others, and this fact just made him all the more confident. Glancing up at the sky, he knew that there was still enough time in the day to hunt and meet someone new, so he turned his direction towards the creature and headed towards it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm
Fur tussling gently in the breeze, Bali looked as though he was in a trance. So much so that he didn't notice the spotted leopard that was approaching. Rather, his mind was concentrated on other things. Like clouds. And a mountain of gazelle just waiting to be eaten.

By this point, his eyes had closed shut, and his body swayed lightly back and forth, like a frail tree in a windstorm. Although he looked as if he could fall at any moment, his hypnic jerk would prevent him from actually doing so. But for now, he simply swayed, deep in an odd sleep.

At some point, his mind registered what Bali himself couldn't see - the approach of a dark figure in his dream was his mind hinting that he wasn't alone anymore. Rather than be startled into waking by hints like this, Bali just growled at the dark figure in his dream, trying to guard his precious pile of gazelle. To the surrounding atmosphere, however, his vicious growls came out as nothing more than soft purrs, with an eyebrow twitch here and there.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:00 pm
Keeping his vision on the other creature, Pumilio thought it rather strange that it hadn't noticed that he was there. The thought of a trap flickered through his mind, but Pumi knew that his sheer size could defeat the creature that sat before him.

As he grew closer, he could see that the other creature looked more like a cheetah than anything else. He was fairly certain, though it was harder to tell with the other sitting down.

"Uh, hello?" His deep voice questioned out, now that he was just a few yards away. He thought that by now, surely, the other should have at least sensed his approach. But, the creature sitting before him could have had a defect of some sort. Maybe.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:07 pm
Fluttering his eyes open, Bali seemed quite confused upon awaking. Looking around, he quickly saw the leopard standing before him, and was quite astonished that he hadn't noticed it sooner. Maybe he should stop and rest more, if this was what straining himself did to his senses.

"Ah-" His reaction was startled and abrupt sounding, as he had little idea of what to do at this point. The only thing he could really make out of the situation was that the leopard mustn't of meant him any harm, for he had ample opportunity while Bali was lost in sleep.

Standing impulsively, Bali fidgeted back and forth on his paws. He hadn't really seen another creature in a long time, so it felt awkward at best. "I didn't really....notice you here." Shifting his gaze elsewhere, he felt rather embarrassed at that fact.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 pm
Letting a grin slip onto his face, it took a lot of concentration to keep Pumilio from busting out in laughter. He knew that the other male felt horrible for being so blind to what was around him, but it was still just too funny.

With the other male now standing, Pumi knew with confidence that it was a cheetah that he was looking at. He seemed to be around Pumi's age, as well, which actually relieved Pumi. Talking with someone his age made things so much easier for him.

"Ah, yeah, I was kind of wondering about that." Letting his gaze slip to the side as well, Pumi kept on smiling. It almost felt like two friends poking fun at each other, even though they were complete strangers. "I was just out hunting for....someone, and I saw you sitting here." Thinking briefly of Avani, Pumilio's face had a reddish tint come over it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 pm
"Hunting?" Bali could sense that it was for someone special to the leopard, just by his expression and use of words. "Sounds like they mean a lot to you." He didn't really want to pry; for one, he didn't want to force information out of the leopard if he intentionally didn't say anything, and because Bali just really didn't care all that much. It wasn't his life, so it wasn't important to him.

"Ah ha, yeah, I was just so....exhausted. I didn't actually think that I'd slip off that much out in the open like that." Laughing at himself, his voice had a shaky embarrassment laden in it. He almost felt like a failure in that moment, especially after he had been trained so vigilantly to be able to withstand anything the savannah threw at him.

"I'd hate to waste your precious hunting time with the story of my failure, though." Letting out a slight laugh, Bali was kind of hoping that their conversation would end soon, so he could find a sheltered place to get some legitimate rest.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:48 pm
"Yeah, she's....mine." He looked down with a sudden wave of embarrassment, not really liking terms like 'mate' or 'lover.' It had been such a cute romance, and no label seemed to fit it. She was so young - they both were, but she was still such an innocent, having just recently left her home and her parents. It was a subject that Pumi could ramble on about for hours.

"You were that exhausted?" Letting out a puff of laughter, Pumi tried to think if he'd ever been like that. Nothing really came to mind, as he usually tried to keep himself well-rested. It may have just been in a leopard's nature to do that, as it may have been in a cheetah's nature to push on through exhaustion. "I guess there's always truth in the saying 'the young and the reckless.'"

Looking at the brown cheetah before him, Pumi could tell that their conversation was drawing down. The other couldn't really hide it's exhaustion, and Pumi did have food to kill. "I guess....I should be going, though."

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Ah, good.

Not that there was anything wrong with company, and Bali had no problem with the young leopard, but he really just wanted to curl up and float off into his dreams. It was sounding better and better as he thought about it...

"Well, it's been....nice." Laughing a little, Bali knew that the other male probably shared his feelings; after all, it was no fun for a young male to be caged by a dull conversation.

"I do hope you catch something nice, for your girl." Giving the leopard a wink, Bali swayed uneasily for a moment, before taking a few steps away from the leopard. "I've got some dreams to catch myself." Turning his head, Bali set his sights on an area of brush that he knew he could be safe in. Maybe when he awakened, he would find himself on another amazing adventure.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:19 pm
"Ha, it has." Nodding his head, Pumilio probably thought better of the conversation than the cheetah had, but he knew what it was like trying to function on small amounts of sleep.

"And thank you." Giving a sheepish smile, Pumi really did hope to bring back something amazing for Avani; not that she'd really care about things like that. It was so sweet, how she truly loved him for what he simply was.

"Ah, farewell." Flicking his tail back and forth, Pumi waited a few moments, his gaze following the brown cheetah's body as it walked away. He didn't really feel a big rush, as he knew he'd find something and kill it with some ease, so standing still in the light breeze felt nice. After all, he knew that he had his girl waiting for him.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games