Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] The Weirdest Conversation Ever (Manelesi and Pinakip)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:24 pm
The day was beautiful, the sky was just cloudy enough to make his sunny spot coveted, and Manelesi was still satisfied after his recent encounter with the gray lion. It was a pretty good day, all in all.

Manelesi was about to settle down for a nap when he noticed a shape moving toward him. Another feline looking for anonymous love, perhaps?

No such luck, it was a striped hyena. Still, no harm in being friendly.

"Hello, there," he called.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 pm
Pinakip was heading for the shade to rest from her day of preaching to the masses when she was hailed by a feline. Felines were not on her good list at the moment. That blasted black and white one had not only insulted her, but taken her rightful kill right from under her nose.

Taking a deep breath Pinakip prepared herself to be open minded. Perhaps this cheetah would like to hear about the majesty of her father. He likely wouldn't be as interested as Kepo was, but well, we can't have everything in life.

At the very least, the cheetah could share his shade. "Hello, hot day isn't it!?" she called back.

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm
"Oh, very hot. I'm surprised to see you moving in the heat. Want a some shade for a while?"

Manelesi moved over to make room for the hyena. Even if she wasn't a feline, he could enjoy just conversation now and then. Besides, he felt bad for anyone stuck in the sun on a day like this, especially someone as grumpy as she appeared to be. At least, he thought she looked grumpy. For that matter, he thought she was a she, but the cheetah wasn't very familiar with hyenas, so who knew?

"What brings you out here, anyway? It's awfully dreadful to be moving around. I thought hyenas tended to be nocturnal types."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:00 pm
"I would love some shade, thank you. And yes, we hyenas are usually nocturnal, but I'm a priestess, so I must be awake when the unbelievers are so that I may reach them with the tales of my father." She settled down beside him with a relieved huff. "Being my father's scion is not as easy as it looks at times. I am Pinakip, thank you for sharing your shade. May father bless you with many cubs and plentiful meals."  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 am
"Oh, thank you. You're a priestess?" Manelesi sat up a bit. He had never really met a priestess before. He wasn't too keen on the many cubs prospect, but he liked the idea of plentiful meals.
"What do you mean, with tales of your father? Is he some kind of god? I've never heard of a hyena god before."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:00 pm
"Ah, how silly of me. Yes, my father's a god. The only Hyena God I've ever heard of. Isn't that wonderful? Finally the gods are branching out from lion supremacy." Pinakip smiled at the cheetah tiredly. Preaching took a lot out of her. In a good way, but it was still tiring.

Even tired and hot, Pinakip had enough enthusiasm for the subject to wag her tail slightly as she thought about her celestial father. "He came to my mother one night by the sea side, struck by her beauty and faith, he blessed her with my sister and I. We are his earthly voices and scions. Though alas, my sister's faith is not as strong as it should be."

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 am
Despite himself, Manelesi found himself intrigued.
"Wow. It must be amazing, being the child of a god. Does he come and see you often? Have you met other gods? What is he the god of?"

Manelesi had heard that the gods sometimes had congress with mortals and cubs followed, but he had never heard of it with a hyena before. Or met one of the offspring for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:02 pm
"It is amazing. To know that I have been chosen to carry on the line of a god. I've never actually met him. But I can always feel his presence and power. Sometimes he sends me dreams." Pinakip sighed with religious fervor. In her delusions of grandeur and adoration of the god, her father she "accidentally" ignored the question of what exactly he was the god of. It didn't matter to her. He was a god and she was his scion.

"Do you identify with any gods?" She asked curiously. Surely this fine upstanding cheetah would have some sort of faith.

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:31 pm
"Well . . . no," Manelesi admitted. "I've never met any gods, or their scions before. My parents weren't very religious."

His dad had been absent, and his mom tended to be to angry about having to raise him and his sisters alone to ever teach them about any gods that may or may not have been around to be worshipped. And ever since he left them, Manelesi had been far more interested in the pleasures of the flesh then seeking out his spirituality.

"What is your father like?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:27 pm
"My father's the best father one could ask for. I've never met him in person, but he's blessed my sister with a truly astounding nose, she's very good at finding us food. He's also given me the gift of speech, I can put together a well thought out sermon very easily." She smiled and nodded. "He can be very forgiving when he thinks the situation merits it. But he can also be extremely stern, he smites those he thinks have sinned. He keeps Kinang, that's my sister, and I safe."

She sighed and stretched a bit, it was wonderful shade. "He provides for us wonderfully. My greatest wish is to meet him some day and have him be proud of me. I do my best for him, every day and every night. One day I'll have pups to continue on his line."

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:14 pm
"You are really lucky to know that your father loves you so much and put so much responsibility on your shoulders. And it's wonderful that you're so devoted to your dad. It's inspiring, really."

Manelesi looked at the hyena for several long minutes.

"So what does your father require from those who follow him?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 pm
"Well," Pinakip was totally excited, a convert?! "He wants us to be good creatures. He wants to be revered and worshipped." She paused to think. "He doesn't like it when creatures fling poop or disrespect others." She gave him a charming (well, as charming as hyena's get) smile. "I'm sure he'd love to have such a fine upstanding, friendly, and gentlemanly cheetah such as yourself following him."  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:34 pm
"Can you initiate me into following your father? Maybe this is the direction I've been seeking my whole life!"

Manelesi bowed his head in preparation for his conversion. How unexpected, passing conversation turned into a spiritual experience.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:08 am
"Of course, it would be my honor." Pinakip intoned. She set about inducting him into the religion brining the cult's number to a grand total of two.  

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces