Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 am
User Image

The weather was unusually warm today, and Rise decided to bathe herself in a more or less clear and shallow pond, covered by branches from the searing sun. She made sure that there were no crocodiles to be found, and gently lowered herself into the water. The cooling liquid made all her muscles relax, and Rise let herself drift aimlessly to and fro by slightly bending her legs and dis anchoring herself from the muddy floor. She completely lost track of time, and even set to dozing, lulled by the gentle whisper of the wind in the trees.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:31 am
User Image

The sun was even a bit too much for the sun-lover today. Perhaps not the sun, but the muggy heat that came with it. Knockdown trotted along softly without much thought in his head; he was wandering about to keep entertained. (It really wasn't that entertaining). Giving a small sigh to the boring situation, the buck continued onward as the trees became more dense. At least he was getting out of the direct sunlight, he thought.

Oh, what's this? Traipsing through the trees could only do so much, but he had spotted the edge of some water in the distance. A perfect spot for a day like this. As he approached the pond, a figure came into view. Someone else had the same idea that he did, and that someone looked to be a lovely doe. Cocking his head upward, he continued on with a more regal swagger in his step. Knockdown stopped himself at the front of the water, looking downward at the bathing doe. But... she wasn't doing anything. In fact, her eyes were closed!

A slight smile came to his face. "Unseasonably hot day, isn't it?"

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:08 am
Rise's eyes snapped open, and as she stood up and looked at the Kimeti that stood by the bank, she gasped from shock. Oh, I'm sorry, I was dozing off and I didn't notice you at all. It is such a warm day though, you're right, it's almost unbearable if it wasn't for this pond. Would you like to join me and just talk a while, sir?She splashed the water with her hooves invitingly, as she was a bit bored and she really did want a companion to talk to and pass away the time. Especially if it was a wise companion, and this buck, as interesting as he looked, did look wise.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am
"Thank you for the invitation," the buck responded in his deep, yet soft tone. Easing himself down into the water, a sigh of relief escaped his maw. The water was rather refreshing and envigorating to Knockdown, sending a light tingle down his spine. He decided it was best to stop chest-deep, for he did not want to get his large ears wet.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself! I am Knockdown." He gave a slight bow of his head in greeting. "And conversation is all ways a welcome thing," he chuckled.

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am
"Very pleased to meet you, Knockdown! My name is Fragile Sunrise, but just call me Rise," She decided to stand right next to Knockdown, as he obviously did not want to go further in than his chest. It must be quite troublesome to live with such large ears, Rise reflected. But, on the other hand, they did look quite nice on the beautiful, creamy looking buck. Wait, she wanted to talk to him, didn't she? Rise scrambled to think of an conversation opener. What did they talk about just now? Right, the weather! "I sure hope this splendid weather lasts for a while! These little foals running about need all the sun and the energy they can get before winter!" Foals... How she wished for some foals of her own! Rise sighed dreamily, lost for a minute in her own joyful fantasies.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 am
Knockdown did not mind as the doe came closer; it'd be easier to converse this way. He did, however, give a head-tilt at her name. "Fragile Sunrise? I will remember that. But I surely hope you are not too fragile," he commented, musing to himself.

The buck adjusted himself in the water, swaying just a bit as he picked up a hoof to shake (as best he could) the muck off. He made a mental note to make sure to clean his hooves before leaving. Mud was not so becoming on white fur. His idle thoughts were paused as the conversation returned. "I am sure that the weather will last," he said in a confident and assured tone. "There is no doubt in my mind." If he wanted the weather to last, he could make it so through sheer will power. Or, so he liked to believe. "The young foals do need the sun to grow, yes," he stopped, looking up through the tree limbs above them. "But they also need the rain and cold." Knockdown turned his gaze back to the doe-- more smiling. "Can't grow without some tribulations."

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:58 am
"True, but they have to be prepared for them otherwise the result could be..." Her eyes narrowed with sadness as visions flashed in front of her eyes. "Devastating," She whispered the last word, spilling all her forlorn feelings into it. She would never allow her own foals to suffer. Ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 pm
That was certainly a shift in atmosphere which left Knockdown all most taken aback. His smile quickly changed to a more serious face, crinkling his nose. "I did not mean to give you such..." he searched for the right words, but was not coming up with much. "Fright," he decided was the best. Softly shaking his head, he apologized, "I am sorry, Rise." Knockdown worried that he had stirred bad memories from this doe. That maybe the things which she had to endure were of great measure, and it was not his place to comment on such.  

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:19 am
Knockdown's gentle voice and kind words woke Rise from her dreary daze, and she stuttered a bit while replying."Oh, I should be the one apologizing! I didn't mean to spoil this wonderful day for you, and I'm not usually this touchy. I don't know what is wrong with me today." She ducked her head in embarrassment, her nose blowing bubbles under the water. "Um, do you want to have foals of your own, Knockdown?" Trying to cover her embarrassment, Rise said the first thing on her mind, and was now wishing a crocodile would come and eat her. Why, oh why couldn't she talk properly today?!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 am
"You did no such thing," Knockdown quickly responded to the doe. Trying to be of some comfort, he raised his head up above Rise's and brought it down in a nuzzle of sorts. "You have not ruined anyone's day." Moving his head from the doe and taking a step back, the buck resumed his soft smiling. She did seem rather flustered by the whole ordeal, but Knockdown did his best to try and make light of it all.

His ears twitched lightly at the question. "Foals?" Perhaps this doe was hinting at something, but Knockdown brushed it aside in his mind. "Yes, I suppose I would." He tilted his head in thought, "I know I would." It was in his very being to spread his genes, after all. Knockdown knew that it was his destiny to have children of his own. "And you, Rise? Have you any foals?"

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:00 am
Rise was comforted by the buck's nuzzle, and slowly started to come back from her embarrassment. "Thank goodness! I apologize once again, I don't know what's wrong with me today, Knockdown really knew how to make her better. His next statement pleasantly surprised Rise. "Oh, then you're the same as me! I don't have any foals currently, but I'm planning to travel and search for a place to settle down so that I could find a proper mate, and raise my children. I'm thinking to set out today, I'm just mentally preparing myself for the journey in this pond," Rise looked happily at Knockdown. "But, umm, I'd like to meet you again sometime. How about... Oh, two weeks from now we meet up here again? Would you like that?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 pm
Knockdown thought that was rather nice. A journey to find a lover sounded romantic and far-off. And to think he was interrupting this doe's meditative process, trying to prepare for what was to come.

"Another meeting," he pondered. Rise wanted to see him again after beginning to look for a mate. He was unsure how to take this and what it meant from her. He shrugged internally, "That would be very nice!" Knockdown said with a firm nod. "It would be an honor to see you once more, Rise."

Roadkill

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:25 am
Rise jumped up happily at Knockdown's agreement. "Oh, how wonderful! This is going to be so exciting!" She quickly trotted to shore, and glanced up at the sweltering, mid-day sun. "I hate to leave so soon, Knockdown, but I think now's the time for me to get on with my travels. Goodbye!" She then proceeded to turn around and start at brisk pace, taking with her the happy memories from this encounter.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:15 pm
With the jump of excitement came splashing-- water splattering right across his face. He smiled, shaking his head to try and get rid of the water. She seemed very thrilled at the proespect of leaving, and meeting Knockdown again. This gave him a sort of smug feeling. Some nice young doe wanted audience with him again, after all.

"Yes, yes," he said, looking up at the doe as she left the water. "It is quite exciting. Do not worry about leaving, for we will meet again." Ah, yes, charming. Knockdown thought that might leave a good impression on her.

As she trotted away, he laughed to himself. She was sort of strange, but very endearing. He decided to stay in the water for quite some time, reflecting on his chance encounter. "Hmm... Fragile Sunrise." He closed his eyes, becoming lost in thought.

[Fin]

Roadkill

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces