Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:38 am
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:03 am
Joining

There are three well-known ways to get your SoA into the Stormborn and one little-known way. All but one require some form of JRP.

The first way is the simplest, and boils down to having the good fortune to have been born into the pride. This pride accepts adult SoA of any rank that were born into the pride as long as it fits both OOC and IC with the SoA's history. It is not necessary to complete a JRP for lions in this category, only to apply and be quoted by the mule with acceptance. (This is an "original member" on the form.)

A lion not fortunate enough to be born into the pride must participate in (and win) an Askorun, or challenge, against a Reaver. Any lion who wins their challenge or fights to a draw is accepted into the pride as a Freeborn, which is the rank they will hold until they go viking for the first time. A winning or tied challenge RP is required and serves as a JRP.

The third way to get into the pride is to be captured on a Viking, in which case your lion will automatically hold the rank of Thrall for their entire life, though their cubs will be at least Freeborn and allowed to rise through the ranks just like any other Freeborn lion. Hybrid cubs are an exception to this, of course, as they can only be Thralls. The RP in which the Thrall is captured serves as its JRP.

Finally, it is a little known fact that if a lion from outside the pride is recognized by a Freeborn member (this can include Reavers and the like) as a family member and claimed as such, that lion will be accepted to the pride as a Freeborn without having to fight an askorun. An RP where their family member in the pride recognizes them serves as its JRP.

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:13 am
Forms

Regular Form
Fill this out if you have a lion who is challenging into the pride, being captured and brought back to the pride, or who you would like to say was born and raised in the pride. Keep in mind that joining RPs will be required, so that means challenges and captures (for non-original members), or just some sort of joining RP (for original members).

[size=18][color=navy]I have iron in my blood![/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] Your Name
[b]SoA's Name:[/b] [url=imagelink]SoA Name[/url]
[b]Original Member?[/b] Yes/No
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Brief Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[/b]

Litter Form
Only one parent needs to post this for the entire litter. Simply add cubs as necessary.

[size=18][color=navy]I am born of the storm![/color][/size]
[b]Father and Mother:[/b] Father Name (owner's name) x Mother Name (owner's name)
[b]Cubs' Rank:[/b] (thrall or freeborn)

[b]Cub's Name:[/b] [url=imagelink]SoA Name[/url] (owner's name)

[b]Cub's Name:[/b] [url=imagelink]SoA Name[/url] (owner's name)

Once your lion has been certed, please be sure to update your members post.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:24 am
I have iron flowers in my blood!
Username: hibi-tea
SoA's Name: Mær - Sara has given him this name, he tells no one his birth name.
Original Member? No
Desired Rank: Thrall
Brief Personality: Mær is kinda cocky and a little rough around the edges with people. He's not a bad guy, but he does not think before he speaks at any given time. He loves Saraneth blindly, which is why he's now her slave and becomes increasingly jealous at any man who pays her an ounce of attention. He's a hard-worker and follows things through to the best of his ability.
Brief History: Mær's history is boring. He was born to a loving single cheetah female and has a couple other siblings. When he was old enough he left and somehow found himself close to viking territory. He caught sight of the lovely Saraneth and fell in love with her. He pursued her for some time, showing up to say hello whenever she went looking for herbs and she scorned his intentions each time. He was not Viking after all, she didn't want him and was kinda pissy at the idea the only thing capable of loving her was a Thrall. Eventually Sara got tired of Mær's constant attempts and told him that if he truly loved her, he would need to prove it. He asked her how and she told him he could prove his love through slavery to her. Since he's stupidly in love with her he said yes, and that is where we are now.  

hibi-tea

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 am
hibi-tea
I have iron flowers in my blood!
Username: hibi-tea
SoA's Name: Mær - Sara has given him this name, he tells no one his birth name.
Original Member? No
Brief Personality: Mær is kinda cocky and a little rough around the edges with people. He's not a bad guy, but he does not think before he speaks at any given time. He loves Saraneth blindly, which is why he's now her slave and becomes increasingly jealous at any man who pays her an ounce of attention. He's a hard-worker and follows things through to the best of his ability.
Brief History: Mær's history is boring. He was born to a loving single cheetah female and has a couple other siblings. When he was old enough he left and somehow found himself close to viking territory. He caught sight of the lovely Saraneth and fell in love with her. He pursued her for some time, showing up to say hello whenever she went looking for herbs and she scorned his intentions each time. He was not Viking after all, she didn't want him and was kinda pissy at the idea the only thing capable of loving her was a Thrall. Eventually Sara got tired of Mær's constant attempts and told him that if he truly loved her, he would need to prove it. He asked her how and she told him he could prove his love through slavery to her. Since he's stupidly in love with her he said yes, and that is where we are now.
Accepted, poor fellow. What rotten luck he had in falling for Sara.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:27 pm
I have iron song in my blood!
Username: pinchmonster
SoA's Name: Tazira
Original Member? Yes -- born into the pride as Taraxa's younger sister.
Desired Rank: Freeborn.
Brief Personality: Tazira has never really understood the drive and pride that comes with being a Stormborn. She has no desire to fight or go viking, she has no need for Thralls and such, and certainly doesn't share her brother's love of surrounding herself with billions of cubs. She's sassy, spunky, outspoken, but at the same time she's loyal to her family and in all honesty would give anything for her brother and her heaps of nieces and nephews (although when she last left he'd not yet had cubs, so this is all news to her!)
Brief History: Where Taraxa had a lust for blood, Tazira had a lust for travel, for exploring -- and doing so in the most peaceful way possible. She did not feel a thrill in battle or excitement when sparring. No, Tazira has preferred to spend her days wandering where her feet might take her, collecting stories and song, prose and poetry. It's been years since her departure but she never stopped considering herself a member of the pride, and now in her not-so-young life she's returned home, much to her brother's dismay. Tazira has always taken a perverse pleasure in teasing and embarrassing her brother and, well, there's really no reason to stop now.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Adona Benedicta
SoA's Name: Katira
Original Member? Yes
Desired Rank: Lawspeaker
Brief Personality: Katira is a proud Stormborn and had she not chosen the path of a Lawspeaker, she would likely still be a Reaver. Simply sitting on her paws did not interest her, and fighting is in her blood, however she found her purpose in the ways of their pride and quite enjoys the records of history and traditions their pride is based upon. Outside of her job, Katira is a no-nonsense sort, and has a cynical view of males. Not necessarily malicious, but she is not above putting a male in his place. She has no mate of her own and feels it unnecessary to worry about such things. Instead, she focuses solely on her job. She is vaguely religious, but holds more to the factual side of things than the supernatural.
Brief History: Katira was born in the pride in a litter of girls, unfortunately for her father. But they proved to be his godsend; they all grew into Reavers. Even Katira, for a time, served as a Reaver. However, her calling was really in lawspeaking. She enjoyed learning about the traditions and rules within the pride, and not just the simple things. She immersed herself in the complex relationships of roles between the religious and the more factually-based roles. It was a hobby for her for a while, but eventually she left her sisters to their reaving and took an apprenticeship under an elderly lawspeaker. With her mentor's blessing, Katira has been a lawspeaker for the Stormborn for quite some time. She has no children, though she has many nieces and nephews thanks to her siblings, and has no inclination to change that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:10 am
pinchmonster
I have iron song in my blood!
Username: pinchmonster
SoA's Name: Tazira
Original Member? Yes -- born into the pride as Taraxa's younger sister.
Desired Rank: Freeborn.
Brief Personality: Tazira has never really understood the drive and pride that comes with being a Stormborn. She has no desire to fight or go viking, she has no need for Thralls and such, and certainly doesn't share her brother's love of surrounding herself with billions of cubs. She's sassy, spunky, outspoken, but at the same time she's loyal to her family and in all honesty would give anything for her brother and her heaps of nieces and nephews (although when she last left he'd not yet had cubs, so this is all news to her!)
Brief History: Where Taraxa had a lust for blood, Tazira had a lust for travel, for exploring -- and doing so in the most peaceful way possible. She did not feel a thrill in battle or excitement when sparring. No, Tazira has preferred to spend her days wandering where her feet might take her, collecting stories and song, prose and poetry. It's been years since her departure but she never stopped considering herself a member of the pride, and now in her not-so-young life she's returned home, much to her brother's dismay. Tazira has always taken a perverse pleasure in teasing and embarrassing her brother and, well, there's really no reason to stop now.
Welcome, Tazira. I look forward to reading of your further exploits.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 am
Adona Benedicta
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Adona Benedicta
SoA's Name: Katira
Original Member? Yes
Desired Rank: Lawspeaker
Brief Personality: Katira is a proud Stormborn and had she not chosen the path of a Lawspeaker, she would likely still be a Reaver. Simply sitting on her paws did not interest her, and fighting is in her blood, however she found her purpose in the ways of their pride and quite enjoys the records of history and traditions their pride is based upon. Outside of her job, Katira is a no-nonsense sort, and has a cynical view of males. Not necessarily malicious, but she is not above putting a male in his place. She has no mate of her own and feels it unnecessary to worry about such things. Instead, she focuses solely on her job. She is vaguely religious, but holds more to the factual side of things than the supernatural.
Brief History: Katira was born in the pride in a litter of girls, unfortunately for her father. But they proved to be his godsend; they all grew into Reavers. Even Katira, for a time, served as a Reaver. However, her calling was really in lawspeaking. She enjoyed learning about the traditions and rules within the pride, and not just the simple things. She immersed herself in the complex relationships of roles between the religious and the more factually-based roles. It was a hobby for her for a while, but eventually she left her sisters to their reaving and took an apprenticeship under an elderly lawspeaker. With her mentor's blessing, Katira has been a lawspeaker for the Stormborn for quite some time. She has no children, though she has many nieces and nephews thanks to her siblings, and has no inclination to change that.
Ah! A Lawspeaker! How delightful.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Fenshae
SoA's Name: Solvtorn
Original Member? Yes
Desired Rank: Freeborn
Brief Personality: A bit of a dandy in his precise way of speaking and carrying himself, many have teased Solvtorn at length as being too soft for this life -- but he's as capable a fighter as any. Sharp-minded and idealistic, he's been known to expound at great length upon many topics, most of which interest no one but himself. He's also quite adept at making up little stories and songs, although sometimes he wishes he wasn't -- as it seems people would prefer to listen to his silly ditties rather than pay attention to anything important he might be saying.
Brief History: Born within the pride, Solvtorn has known nothing else all his life but the life of a Viking. He's still fairly young and may not have completely proven himself within the ranks.  

fenshae

Beloved Codger

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 am
fenshae
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Fenshae
SoA's Name: Solvtorn
Original Member? Yes
Brief Personality: A bit of a dandy in his precise way of speaking and carrying himself, many have teased Solvtorn at length as being too soft for this life -- but he's as capable a fighter as any. Sharp-minded and idealistic, he's been known to expound at great length upon many topics, most of which interest no one but himself. He's also quite adept at making up little stories and songs, although sometimes he wishes he wasn't -- as it seems people would prefer to listen to his silly ditties rather than pay attention to anything important he might be saying.
Brief History: Born within the pride, Solvtorn has known nothing else all his life but the life of a Viking. He's still fairly young and may not have completely proven himself within the ranks.
Accepted, of course.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am
I have iron in my blood!
Username: _ p a o cx
SoA's Name: Aereon
Original Member? No
Brief Personality: Serious, quiet, and impartial to anyone and anything that crosses her path. She doesn't have a temper, but likes a good fight. She has insecurities for various reasons, so she can be slow to reply during conversations because she's thoroughly thinking about how to reply. About the only thing she's really confident about is her strength and fighting ability.
Brief History: She was raised by a mercenary father, and so fighting's basically in her blood. They were a nomadic family, and she was trained by the two females that travelled with them who were skilled fighters themselves. She's always been out to prove herself to her father because she felt that she was better than her only brother in a fight. Her father didn't seem to agree. After her brother left, her father still didn't change his mind so eventually she left as well. She's a night wanderer because her eyes are light sensitive, a trait she inherited from her father. It gave her trouble when she was younger, but now that she's fully grown she's adjusted quite well. She feels her dark pelt and ability to hunt at night gives her an edge of sorts.  

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Satsurashi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 pm
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Satsurashi
SoA's Name: Hadiya
Original Member? No
Brief Personality: Hadiya never speaks to Stormborn lions if she can help it. She was captured in a fight and longs to know the fate of her former pride, but as a Thrall she does what she's told but secretly hates her captors. The only exceptions to her silence are cubs, which she adores regardless of their pride affiliations. If they are willing to listen, she likes telling stories. Hadiya is completely nonviolent and will probably never be provoked into harming another living thing.
Brief History: Hadiya was a priestess in her old pride, but when the Stormborn attacked she was captured after attempting to hide the cubs. She's never had a mate or cubs of her own, though she loves them. She was raised listening to the stories of her elders, and she loves listening and telling them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:28 am
_ p a o cx
I have iron in my blood!
Username: _ p a o cx
SoA's Name: Aereon
Original Member? No
Brief Personality: Serious, quiet, and impartial to anyone and anything that crosses her path. She doesn't have a temper, but likes a good fight. She has insecurities for various reasons, so she can be slow to reply during conversations because she's thoroughly thinking about how to reply. About the only thing she's really confident about is her strength and fighting ability.
Brief History: She was raised by a mercenary father, and so fighting's basically in her blood. They were a nomadic family, and she was trained by the two females that travelled with them who were skilled fighters themselves. She's always been out to prove herself to her father because she felt that she was better than her only brother in a fight. Her father didn't seem to agree. After her brother left, her father still didn't change his mind so eventually she left as well. She's a night wanderer because her eyes are light sensitive, a trait she inherited from her father. It gave her trouble when she was younger, but now that she's fully grown she's adjusted quite well. She feels her dark pelt and ability to hunt at night gives her an edge of sorts.

Accepted quite happily. She sounds like she'll fit right in.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:30 am
Satsurashi
I have iron in my blood!
Username: Satsurashi
SoA's Name: Hadiya
Original Member? No
Brief Personality: Hadiya never speaks to Stormborn lions if she can help it. She was captured in a fight and longs to know the fate of her former pride, but as a Thrall she does what she's told but secretly hates her captors. The only exceptions to her silence are cubs, which she adores regardless of their pride affiliations. If they are willing to listen, she likes telling stories. Hadiya is completely nonviolent and will probably never be provoked into harming another living thing.
Brief History: Hadiya was a priestess in her old pride, but when the Stormborn attacked she was captured after attempting to hide the cubs. She's never had a mate or cubs of her own, though she loves them. She was raised listening to the stories of her elders, and she loves listening and telling them.
Accepted, of course.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 48 49 50 51 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces