[PrP] Settling in (Mihika x Obadias) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm
Licking the head of a sleeping cub one last time, Mihika decided it was time to go out and enjoy the morning sun. It was weird that once she rarely saw the bright orb in the sky for fear of predators and now it was completely normal for her to be out during the day rather than at night. Not to mention the fact that she was constantly surrounded by others –mostly lions at that!- and had a strange family.

Family.

What a warming word. Once the leopardess had found herself always on the run, a rogue with no one or place to call home, but now ever since he had found her she had both. Some days it feels like I gave up more to get them. She reflected silently before shaking her head. No, it wasn’t that bad. She really was content here. Though if anything happened to him, her dear pad, (another thing she found odd about this pride) Mihika didn’t know what she would do.

“Jeez! What a way to start the day,” muttered the leopardess with a soft laugh. Really she shouldn’t worry about things too much. Her cubs were happy here, and she was happy here. Happy to be with Obadias.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Obadias had been out for a walk that morning, stretching his legs and enjoying the familiar scenery of home. He had only seen his family briefly - his mothers and father, that is, and his siblings. He had seen Anwar often, since the male had taken up residence in the den beside Obadias', which thrilled the younger male. He had hoped not to loose contact with his brother now that they were older, and it seemed that they wouldn't.

He had not slept well the night before, plagued with dreams of death, but waking up with Parvana, his beybanu, and Mihika and the little cubs -what an odd thought! - crowded in the den with him, he had calmed easily. Although he had not fallen back to sleep, he had spent a fairly restful night, at least.

He approached his den, his eyes half-lidded and his dark figure standing out starkly in the warm sunshine. He spotted a familiar figure outside of the den, and a warm smile worked across his face.

"Mihika," he called out to her. "Good morning." He had sneaked out before his banu had awoken, so he had not seen her that morning.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Startled from her thoughts Mihika looked up. Ah, it was him. Immediately her features brightened and she smiled back. "Good morning, Obadias." She replied lightly before teasing, "Though I wonder exactly when your mornings start sometimes. Must be early for you to be already gone when I wake up."

She didn't sound harsh or anything at all. The leopardess just stated the fact lightly. Obadias had his reasons and she respected his privacy. Though sometimes she was guilty of worrying. Her gaze went up to the sky and she observed the clouds happily, " At one point I nearly forgot what the daylight looked like. But now I'm always able to see it." She smiled sheepishly over at him. "It's really pretty."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 pm

He reached her side easily, nuzzling her cheek in greeting, his smile brightening at the sight of her own smile. He chuckled, his voice having deepened as he grew. "It starts whenever the moon starts to fall, it seems," he told her honestly, giving her a warm, if not regretful smile. Just once, he would like to sleep in and wake up at the same time as his girls, but that did not seem like it would happen anytime soon. "Did you sleep well?"

He sat beside her, casting his gaze to the sky as well at her comment. It really was a lovely day. He had barely even noticed on his walk, but at her observation, he nodded. "But the night can be just as pretty," he said gently. He knew she had not been thrilled with the idea of a pride, but she had come - for him and for her cubs who were now sleeping peacefully and safe. "Tell me, Mihika." He placed a paw on hers, softly and not restricting her movements. If she wished to remove it, she could have done so easily. "Are you happy here?"

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Mihika's cheeks warmed at his touch and the leopardess couldn't help but to move closer to him. "It seems so." She replied looking over at him with concern. "If there's anything I can do - " She started before growing silent. She really wished she could do something for him.

She blinked over at him before sighing, "Yes, I slept well. Thank you." She felt guilty for some reason that she could honestly sleep like she did when he always seemed to be awake. Maybe she should revert back to her late night ways...if just to watch over him.

"You're right. The night sky will always be beautiful to me." Mihika confirmed with a small smile. "Yes?" She looked back at him before pausing thoughtfully. Then just as quickly a grin spread across her face, "You're here aren't you, Obadias?" Her tail flicked around her paws, "There's your answer."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Obadias was touched by her offer, and gave her a warm smile. "Thank you, Mihika," he said honestly. "But I fear there is little you can do. I am used to it now, so it does not bother me as it used to, but thank you." He did not have many offer to help, beside Parvana and Anwar, the two other constants in his life. He gave her another warm smile, pleased that she had slept well. He was not aware of her guilt, as he had never felt jealous of other people's sleep, though sometimes he wished he could sleep as easy as they could.

"I see much of the night sky," he said, nodding. "If you come to miss it, then I will take you out walking under the stars," he suggested gently.

He chuckled at her reply, his delight evident. "I am glad to hear that, Mihika." He nuzzled her cheek again, pleased she was happy. He had been fortunate with his banu, with both Parvana and Mihika being sweet and his affection for them only growing more each day.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Mihika frowned before finally nodding. "Alright." She paused before looking up at him and speaking softly, "But if you ever need me at anytime. I'll be there. Just let me know, Obadias." She leaned against him with a soft sigh.

"You should." She murmured with a smile, "I would really love that."

She laughed lightly, "I hope you would be." She smiled to herself. At the moment she honestly couldn't be any happier.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Obadias nodded. "I will. Thank you," he repeated, smiling. He was glad that she was so honestly interested in helping him. It was a warming thought. "And you know the same goes for you. I am always here, if you need anything." He paused. "Or if I am away, Anwar is just next den." He knew his brother - while not always the most emotional - would help any of Obadias' banu if they needed help.

"Tonight then," he said, impulsively - and romantically, he liked to think. "Tonight we will leave the cubs in the den and walk, just the two of us." He wanted his banu to feel loved, as they were, and that meant one on one time was necessary. He knew Mihika was still adjusting, so perhaps a walk at night through the pride, when there were less lions around, would help her.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 pm

"Good." Mihika nuzzled him with a smile, "I'm a mother you know. I'm stubborn and determined when it comes to helping my family, including you." She blinked away any traces of tears and nodded. "I'll remember that. Thank you." Once she never knew anyone that wanted to help her in the roguelands, but now there was so much kindness in her life. She knew Anwar was his brother too, and though he was a lion...she had to trust him. Especially since Obadias was so close to him as well.

Mihika blinked in surprise at Obadias. "Tonight?" She repeated before grinning warmly up at him, "If you insist then who am I to say no?" She laughed lightly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Smiling in enjoyment of the nuzzle she gave him, he chuckled. "You're stubborn and determined in most things," he teased her gently. "But you're right, as a mother, you are a wonderful example of what they should be." He was always impressed with Mihika as a mother. She was caring and gentle with her cubs, but still firm enough for them to grow up properly. She was a wonderful banu. He licked her cheek gently, not seeing her tears but knowing that relying on someone else was hard for her, and trying to offer some little comfort.

She seemed eager enough about their time tonight and he nodded firmly. "You must obey me, of course," he joked. He knew she should listen to him, but as long as she stayed within the pride rules and did not put herself or their cubs in harms way, then he did not expect her to be a mindless drone, listening to everything he said.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Mihika looked thoughtfully to the side before slowly nodding. "I 'spose your right about that." She replied with a grin. Though obviously recognizing her own stubborn personality the leopardess was touched by his compliment. "Thank you." She whispered. "I'm glad that they also got such a great father." As much as she remembered their blood father with fondness, she was glad that she had also found the ones that stayed with her a second father. One who she knew would take just as much care of them as if they were his own.

Laughing the leopardess wiggled free of him, "Oh really?" She teased turning away. "But I guess this time I'll let it happen."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Obadias had always thought of having cubs, at some point in his life, but he had never thought of adopting cubs. When he found Mihika and she was protecting the little bundles of fur that he soon adopted as his own, he didn't even hesitate to say that they should come to. He had always thought that he would have cubs the normal way and they would be his by blood, but they weren't, and he didn't care. "I feel lucky to have the chance to take care of them, and you," he told her softly. The banu were his banu, not his daughters, but he would not treat them as his banu. They were young and he would give them away when they were older, and that would be enough. They would still be his daughters - and his sons - no matter their age.

He chuckled, getting to his feet to follow her. "So gracious of you, to let me have this one command," he joked, nudging her. Most looked at him and saw a dark, silent figure, but his banu, his family, knew different. They were one of the few who saw the happy Obadias, even when he was exhausted.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Mihika nudged him, "I'm glad then for that." She licked his cheek affectionately before adding as an after thought, "I appreciate what you've done for us, though I think I might have been able to handle it." She didn't want him to think that she came with him just so she could have help. No, her feelings went far beyond that.

"Mmm'hmm." She winked at him, "You know it." The leopardess laughed and nudged him playfully back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Obadias chuckled. "I know you would have been able to handle it just fine on your own, and your cubs would grow up just as wonderfully," he admitted. He had no doubt that she would be a wonderful mother and would help her babies survive, rogue or pride-bound. "I simply didn't want you to feel alone," he told her, with a warm smile. He nuzzled her back. "Of course, I was selfish too," he chuckled. " I just wanted you for myself." He was being honest too. He had wanted to 'save' her, although she didn't really need it, and he wanted to be part of her life.

He grinned at her playful attitude and the wink, pleased that she was so relaxed.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:22 am

Mihika just smiled at his agreement. That was good then. When she first agreed to come here with him, she had been worried that he thought it was just for the sake of her cubs. "Well I'm definitely not alone now." She replied lightly before his next statement made her cheeks warm. "Selfish hmm?" She blinked and rubbed against his shoulder affectionately. "Guess I was a little selfish too then."

Looking back at the sky the leopardess stretched out on the gruond. "Mmm. A good day to soak in the sun."

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff