Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragon Ball Z : Eternal Reflections

Back to Guilds

A Dragonball Z RPG That takes place after Goku and Vegeta Leave Earth. 

Tags: Dragonball Z, Fight, Goku, Literate, Roleplaying 

Reply Eternal Reflections
~West City Academy~ (New Characters Start Here) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uchiha Damian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:13 pm
West City Academy

-----------------------------------------------

Random Teacher I haven't named yet
The following technique list is techniques that most warriors should know before braving the great beyond in search of fame and/or fortune. The very fact that you've made it to our prestigious school says a lot on your part. Feel proud that you've been chosen, for many not unlike yourselves have failed at coming this far.

Rules and Explanation
1. You create your own instructor
2. Everyone starts here
3. You must learn at least one technique to move on
4. When you learn a or some techniques post in the Training Completion
5. Training doesn't mean you actually have to train 100% of your post. You can go off, eat, sleep, dream, fight, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:14 pm
West City Academy

-----------------------------------------------

Mod wrote: All of the following techniques have a number that follows it. That number is the amount of words you must produce in order to learn it at minimum. If you do more words then what is required then it can be counted for later techniques. Its a fairly easy system, but if you have troubles with it just ask me in a private message.

Flight
(舞空術, Bukujutsu; Literally meaning "Sky Dance Technique") is one of the most commonly used techniques in the whole Dragon Ball Series. The result of it is that the user manipulates their ki energy so that they can levitate or fly with their feet. 300 Words

Ki Sense - Ki sensing is the ability to sense the location, life force, and power level of anyone; the stronger and closer the enemy, the more powerful the sensation. Also, if one has higher energy, he can sense strong people from afar. 300 Words

Ki Blast (気砲, Kikō; literally translated as Spirit Blast) is an energy wave technique in the Dragon Ball franchise. It is the most basic and common form of energy wave. Its power is usually determined by the amount of energy put into it, or the person using it. 400 Words

Power-Up Powering up is used to increase one's power level so that a greater advantage in battle can be obtained. In most power ups, the size of the users aura usually increases and at times tends to change shape and form. Other than increasing the power, users can also suppress their power. This allows for the user to hide the full extent of their power, or to simply keep a relaxed amount of energy. Some characters even create special forms to keep their full power suppressed and under control. 200 Words

Energy Shield is a technique used to create an energy shield around the user to protect them from attacks. It's effectiveness is based on the amount of ki used in the barrier 400 Words

Solar Flare The technique is performed by the user placing their hands close to the center of their face with the fingers spread toward their eyes. The user then calls out the name and a blinding blue light fires out that blinds everything watching except the user, since they are projecting the light. Due to the fact this is simply a flash of light, it will work regardless of any gap in power between the user and the target. This technique is defensive rather than offensive, and is mainly used as way to gain the upper hand or in order to make hasty retreat. Because of the nature of the attack, it has almost always been extremely effective. The technique is rendered useless if opponent is wearing sunglasses or if they close their eyes. 500 Words

After Image
or Zanzōken (残像拳; literally translated as Afterimage Fist) is an ability to move so swiftly that an image of the technique's user is left behind. Most often it is used to dodge an incoming attack and get behind the opponent to perform a counter-attack. Its usage is not limited to just counterattacks, though. 600 Words  

Uchiha Damian

GreenTigerr

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 am
~Lord Zhou and Vi were headed to the West City Academy in order for Vi to get some formal training before going on a journey with Lord Zhou. Vi had some natural power but Lord Zhou knew she hadn’t reached her potential yet. First Lord Zhou would have her learn at the West City Academy then go with him to visit the Crane School so they could both learn how to use telepathy. He needed Vi to learn telepathy so that they could communicate efficiently. They were ok at times but with Vi being mute sometimes Lord Zhou is off on the points she tries to get across.

~Lord Zhou knew their current form of communication wouldn’t be efficient enough for use in battle… On the way to the West City Academy Lord Zhou thought back to when he had first found Vi in the Skull Valley. Less than a year ago Lord Zhou wandered through the Skull Valley in search of a hidden treasure. The treasure was said to be buried underground in the section of the valley where the carnivorous wolves lived. It was night time so Lord Zhou sat down on the edge of a high point in the valley so he could easily see over everything.

~A short time later, Lord Zhou began meditating while sitting over the valley. Hours later a strange surge of power broke his concentration. He opened his eyes to see what appeared to be a young saiyan girl being chased down by a pack of wolves. “It’s a monkey…” Lord Zhou thought to himself as he noticed the furry brown tail wrapped around her waist. It took a moment but eventually Lord Zhou decided to help this girl even though she was a saiyan. He stood up and in a matter of seconds he appeared in front of the saiyan girl with amazing speed.

313 Words  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 am
~When Lord Zhou appeared in front of the saiyan girl she slid under him allowing Lord Zhou to take care of the wolves on his own. They were backed into a dead end in the valley so the saiyan girl took cover behind a boulder. Lord Zhou reached for his katana and pulled it from the sheath. The wolves slowed down as they got closer, growling as they approached Lord Zhou. Lord Zhou gave a loud roar in a last attempt to scare the wolves off but they didn’t take the bait.

~The wolves launched themselves at Lord Zhou and he easily slaughtered the wolves. Using his immense speed he killed all of the wolves before they could hit the ground upon their first launch. One survived and started to whine in pain. Lord Zhou put the remaining wolf out of its misery with a swift jab. He shook the blood off of the katana so it doesn’t stain or rust but that wouldn’t matter once he finds the treasure he was looking for. He walked over to the saiyan girl without getting too close. “Are you ok?”

~Lord Zhou said once he stopped walking. The saiyan girl came out from behind the boulder and didn’t say anything. Lord Zhou sighed, “I asked you a question.” The saiyan girl still didn’t say anything but she ran to Lord Zhou and gave him a hug. He towered over her, nearly being 7 feet tall, so she only grabbed on to his leg. “Hey! What are you doing?” Lord Zhou shouted as he shook his leg in an attempt to get the saiyan girl to fall off. His attempts were useless, it wasn’t until he gave in to her affection that she let go of him.

607 words  

GreenTigerr

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Undertaker258

Barton Raider

5,900 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:27 am
~Meanwhile, since ReLyn's death, GoLyn has constantly been trying to train. Dad, if you can hear me, I WILL NOT FAIL YOU. He starts to remember the days when his father would train him. "Oh, Dad, why'd you have to go and die on me like that. Why. WHY!!!!!!!!!!" A tear starts to roll down his face, then he wipes it off.

~On his way the West City Academy, he sees two others before him. A nemekian and a girl. The two remind him of Piccolo and Genesis. He starts to wonder if that is them."Hm, those guys should be a good start off practice.

~He goes in and sarts to confronts the two while they're training, but then backs back. No, I shouldn't. It would be rude of me to interrupt them while they're training. If I really want to test them I should wait. He goes out of the academy and sees a huge rock. Hm. Well if I'm going to wait, I might as well try breaking this thing. After a while, he couldn't wait any longer. He goes inside and confronts them."Hi. I'm GoLyn. Would any of you like to train with me. It may give us a head start for more power.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 am
~Lord Zhou looked around and noticed that he was standing near the place where the supposed treasure was. The ground was covered in bones which made it difficult for the search. He didn’t really know what he was looking for and that didn’t make finding the treasure any easier. The saiyan girl followed Lord Zhou and mimicked him as he looked through the bones. “When is this monkey going home” Lord Zhou thought to himself as he looked over to the saiyan girl smiling at him. Hours later after looking through piles of bone and dirt Lord Zhou decided to give in.

~Suddenly the saiyan girl jumped out of a pile of bones with a brown cloth sack. This certainly wasn’t the treasure chest full of gold that Lord Zhou imagined it would be. “Come here.” Lord Zhou said to the saiyan girl as she held the sack up. She ran over to Lord Zhou and handed him the sack. He cut the strap, tying the sack up and looked inside of it. Lord Zhou gave as slight smirk when he saw all of the zeni in the sack. He pulled the money out and began counting it.

~A few moments later Lord Zhou had all of the money added up. “This might be enough zeni to get that sword I‘ve wanted… Thanks monk… kid.” The saiyan girl was happy to receive thanks from Lord Zhou. “Guess I’ll see you later then.” Lord Zhou said as he tied the sack to his belt, turned and started to walk away. After he took a few steps he heard her stomach growling. It was feint but his hearing was extremely sensitive. He paused briefly and continued walking then he heard her stomach growl once again.

~Lord Zhou sighed and decided to go back to help the saiyan girl. He grabbed a wolf that he had killed earlier and dragged it over to the saiyan girl. He grabbed a few sticks in order to set a fire. The fire was used to keep the saiyan girl warm during the night as well as cooking the meat from the wolf. Lord Zhou pulled his katana out and sliced the wolf to pieces. Then he used his katana like a shish kabob with pieces of the wolf on it and held it over the fire.

~The saiyan girl took a seat by the fire and watched Lord Zhou at work. “I saw a human do this once.” He said as he turned the katana to the other side. Lord Zhou didn’t plan on eating anything since water is all that’s required for him to live off of. After a few minutes under the fire the meat was ready to be eaten. Lord Zhou pulled it from the fire and let it cool down a little before the saiyan girl devoured it. After eating the saiyan girl fell asleep while Lord Zhou stared into fire until it died out…

~… The sun rose and Lord Zhou got ready to leave the Skull Valley and head to the Antique Shop to acquire a certain blade. The saiyan girl woke up with a yawn and saw Lord Zhou leaving she hurried up and started to follow him as he was leaving the Skull Valley. They walked for a long time before making it out of the Skull Valley and making it into a nearby town. In this town Lord Zhou decided that he would buy the saiyan girl some food and new clothes. On the way to the town Lord Zhou realized the saiyan girl couldn’t speak.

1206 Words  

GreenTigerr

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Damascus Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:04 am
“I’m your instructor.” A blue man haired, tattooed man said. He wore a long cape and pants. Noticeably showing off his chest. He wore strange V shaped like glasses and a long sword hung at his side. A grin pulled off his face.

“You? But where’s Master Chun?” Asked the young Hero. He had arrived late but Master Chun was never later for instruction. The old man was boring but his methods work. He was unsure how to react to this new guy.

“Chun is taking a sick day! But never mind that! I am your sensei now!” Declared the blue haired man. “I shall teach you to do the impossible, see the invisible, too touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable.” He intook a breath and shouted. “I shall teach you to FIGHT THE POWER!”

Hero could only stare at the man with an ‘are you serious’ look on his face. “Uh..alright but what do I call you sensei?”

“Not sensei, call me bro. I’m your life guide into becoming something beyond what you are!” He declared and grinned. “And now I’m going to teach you to fly.”

“To fly? But that’s advanced techniques! I’m just a first year.” Hero said thoughts of other students who could walk on air just as he could on land.

“Haven’t you been listening? Just who the hell do you think I am?”

“My sen- er bro?” Hero asked unsure of the question.

“That was a rhetorical question. Anyway lets get to training..”

---

“Again.” The instructor stated to him. Getting up from the ground, young Hero Shen grunted as he pulled the heavy weights up. Balls and chains, each clasped around his wrists and his legs. Crouching for a moment, he pushed himself into the air, only to crash back into the ground. “Again.” The instructor walked around Hero, his voice was gruff but to the point. He was told to try again and Hero was going to do it. Again! With that he pulled himself off of the ground. The weights around his arms made him sag but he ignored them, straightening his back. They stood underneath a tree. Each time he jumped, the instructor would mark it with a swipe of his long katana. He was stuck apart part way up the tree, his jumps slowly going back down.

“I-I can’t.” Hero said collapsing onto the ground. His clothes were drenched with sweat. “It’s impossible.” He looked up to the new trainer who crossed his arms. His glasses flashed in the light.

“You know I used to run around with a group. We had a little saying. Don’t worry about the impossible. Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!” He helped Hero up and pointed to the top of the tree. “Your to fly all the way up there. Not jump. And you cannot say no. You will fly, because even if you don’t believe in yourself. Believe in the me who believes in you!” He raised his hand into the air and declared. “Because your drill is the drill that shall pierce the heavens!”

“Drill?” Hero asked getting back up, the speech helped. Infact the speech revitalized him to the degree where he knew he could do it.

“Sorry old habit.” The sensei said waving a hand. “Now go. Fly! Be supported by your hot blooded spirit!”

“Alright!” He couldn’t help himself. This talk was infectious. He bent his legs. Held his breath and then pushed off of the Earth. His eyes closed tight he waited for the ground to hit him once more. But instead when he opened them he found himself staring at the upside down face of the trainer.

“You did it!” With that he sliced off the locks of each of the ball and chains. With the lost of wieght, Hero fell, upwards as the weights fell down. With an unexpected laugh and the cool breeze flowing onto his skin, Hero couldn’t help himself. “Defying the laws of gravity is merely step one of my plans of greatness.” Sensei Bro said landing back onto the ground, his cape billowing in the wind. “The second step is to sense the very world around you.” He looked up to see Hero still flying and ignoring him.“I said. THE SECOND IS TO SENSE THE WORLD AROUND YOU!” His shouting caught Hero’s attention, making him fly back down.

“How do I do that?” He asked in a perplexed tone. Walking beside his sensei, Hero pondered the thought.

“Little bro, the entire world is connected by several types of energies. For instance electricity powers Death Rays, radiation powers giant green men and energy spewing dinosaurs. Magic fuels those green women who melt when you attack them with a squirt gun.” He said as if those were facts.

“I don’t think any of those are true..”

“Who cares, what you do need to care about is the energy inside of you.” He poked him in the chest and gave him a grin. “What does matter is that the power inside of you is always growing. Never tell anyone that you can’t do anything or can never catch up. As long as you believe that nothing is impossible, nothing will restrain you from become greater.”

“I don’t know. I mean there was a lot of powerful people..”

“And? What’s stopping you from becoming like them? Infact don’t think about them! They are only obstacles in your path to greatness. You are Hero, that name is designed to make you great!” He shouted raising his hand into the air. “Remember when life gives you lemons, then takes those lemons and make gold!”

“But that’s imp-” He stopped before grinning. That was the whole point. To go beyond the impossible.

“Now your thinking kid. Here.” He patted him on the head as he unsheathed his sword. He tore a small piece from his cape and handed it to Hero. “Use this to keep your eyes shut. I’m going to attack you, and you have to feel my energy and dodge my attacks.”

He held the red bandana in his hands before looking up at his sensei. “What? Are you crazy?” Hero asked but before he knew it he was binding his eyes shut, and wrapped the cloth around his eyes. “Great. I’m going to get sliced up.” Then he heard his sensei attack. He moved, but was tripped by something on the ground. Stumbling, he then felt his body loose control as he fell down some sort of hill. “Aaaaah! What’s happening?!” Hero asked trying to fly but he was still rolling and before he knew it he crashed into something. “Oof!” All the while, his blue haired sensei kept trying to attack him with the sword, thinking that this was some sort of dodging technique.

What he had hit was a tree, now stuck in the branches he moaned. “No mommy, I don’t want to go to school.” His eyes still spun in his head as he shook himself back into concentration. No amount of therapy was going to get him over this traumatic situation. However as he remained blind to things around him, another part of him could still see. Like glowing Christmas lights he could see tiny lights, glow in the darkness. The greatest of these lights was below him. A spiral flowing green light that seemed to encompass not just the ground below him, but light up everything. It was intoxicating to say the least, to see this power. Anticipation drove him to take off his blind fold. Was this the very energy of the Earth? Nothing could be that powerful, save a star. However when he opened his blindfold and let it rest on his head, his eyes focused down to a laughing form of his substitute sensei.

“That was awesome Hero! What was that technique? Super-Roller?” He asked resting the sword on his shoulder. Meanwhile young Hero pulled himself out of the tree and landed on the ground. Was his teacher this powerful? Something told him that he couldn’t possibly be this strong. Then again stranger things have happened.

“Alright. Round two!” He pulled his sword up readying for another attack but Hero smiled broadly.

“Swirly Green. I can see it. You’re a swirly green color.”

“Hey, you can see ki now. Awesome.”

“What’s next?” Hero asked pulling a twig from his hair.

“Next is..ki blast.” He commented raised his hand. And like that an energy beam erupted, destroying a small mound of dirt and grass.

“Whoa!” Hero exclaimed running to look at the newly formed hole.

“It’s rather like expelling your energy to fly. Expect a concentrated powerful form.” His sensei said gesturing to a large rock. “I want you to destroy this small bolder.” He sliced an X mark with his blade before sheathing the weapon. “I’m going to go get something to eat. Want anything little bro?”

“Um. A sandwich?”

“Well what kind?”

“One of those subs, from that local deli? The supreme?” He asked and with a laugh Kamina gave a nod, flying off.

With that Hero raised his arm, supporting it with his other hand. Breathing in he closed his eyes. “C’mon..” He could feel the build up within himself. With his newly ability to sense energy, he could see the shining light of himself. It was a bluish, almost fire like energy. “HA!” With that a small burst of blue energy discharged from his hand and hit the rock. A cloud of smoke formed as he waited in anticipation to see if he had done it.

Only for the rock to appear totally unharmed, expect for the X mark still freshly cut. “Hmph.” Hero stretched his arms, trying again. Once more a small orb erupted from his finger tips and hit the boulder. He waited to see the damage only for it to appear, once more unharmed. ”GAH!” Hero shouted in frustration, firing off several blasts. He was literally throwing them like baseballs now. But the boulder remained without a scratch. “What?!” Anger built up as he raised his right hand as he curls his fingers and charges a white energy sphere. Then, he brings his hand forward and fires the energy sphere in the form of an energy wave at the boulder. Finally the rock erupted into satisfying chunky bits. This caused great satisfaction to come over Hero but then a sense of displacement overwhelmed him. He had used a different technique than what he was suppose to. Settling on finding another small boulder he became firing smaller ki blasts at it. His arms began to throb in pain but he kept shifting his arms back and forth. Finally the boulder cracked and shattered under the constant hits of the ki blasts.

“Impressive.” His teacher flown down next to him. Handing Hero a bottle of water and the foot long sandwich he motioned for him to rest. “C’mon, lets take a break. A man cannot truly battle until they have food in their bellies to fuel them!” Another one of his grand speeches.

Hero sat down next to his sensei, graciously chugging down the bottle, however he was still thirsty and stared at his sensei’s bottle, his eyes widening with thirst.

“Oh. Here.” His teacher said tossing the other bottle to him. Graciously Hero chugged the second bottle down, as fast as the first. Then he dove into his sandwich. His hunger making him devour it like a wild animal on prey.

“Still hungry? Here have mine. I had a big breakfast.” His teacher offered. And while Hero would often try to be polite, his hunger got the best of him and he was already eating the second sandwich by the time he had it in his hands. “Yes, ki users for their first time are often much more depleted than the average person. So you’ll have a nice appetite.” Commented his sensei looking over at Hero, who was finishing the foot long sandwich.

Hero leaned back against the tree and closed his eyes for a moment. “So what’s next?” He asked opening one eye towards him.

“On the path of greatness, one must learn to power up himself! To charge into attack at their fullest. No matter what!” He said said shouting to the heavens. “But it also teaches you to hide your ki. But why hide when you can charge, head first with everything you have!” He declared once more.

“Like this?” He got up and felt the familiar energy of bringing forth an ki attack. However instead of letting it flow outward, he concentrated it around his body. The world felt like it began to slow down. His body mass felt heavier, and sparks of blue energy flowed freely around him.

“Good!” His sensei said patting him on the shoulder. With just as easy way, he allowed his ki to drop. He felt lighter, but weaker in the same way. His ki matched that of the grass around him. Making him much hidden when standing beside the tree. Which he could feel had it’s own life force.

“Whoa.” Commented Hero touching the tree. Even at birth humans were stronger than plants, but at this stage he could feel the very energy radiate from the tree. It was weird but at the same time exhilarating.

“You can feel it too huh? Life energy is the very foundation of life. Imagine yourself like a..twinkie.” He said holding one up. “The wrapper is your body.” He unwrapped it, breaking it in half. “The yellow spongey mass? That’s your ki. And the white cream inside? That’s your life energy.” He ate the twinkie and incarnated the wrapper with a small ki orb. “Of course you might find some folks who will try to eat you like a twinkie. But be like a hot pepper and give that person heart burn! Even in digestion, fight them the entire way!” He commented. Although inspiring, someone trying to eat him, made Hero shiver at the thought.

“So what’s next?”

His teacher raised his hands in front of his face. “Solar. FLARE!” With that a blinding light emitted from him. However the odd thing that the light seemed to reflect off of his orange glasses and make the flash a blinding, orange color instead. Hero covered his eyes, opening them as he saw spots all around him. Once more he saw four of his teachers!

“The After Image and Solar Flare technique. The After Image and Solar Flare technique. The After Image and Solar Flare technique. The After Image and Solar Flare technique.” Echoed his sensei which rung in Hero’s ear. Each spoke at a second apart. Wait, he had seen this technique before. His old sensei explained them. The Solar Flare technique, emitted a blinding ki attack, taking the place of any damage it might cause and replacing it with a bright light. The after image was simply speed to the level that it displaced the person’s apperance. He had tried to explain that it was simply a shell of the person, made of out displaced ki that surrounded the user, but that theory was still invalid by the other martial artists.

“Wait I can do that!” Hero said raising his hands. “SOLAR FLARE!” He declared. However for a moment there was no shining light.

“Well I guess it doesn’t work.” His sensei said as his other copies disappeared. Then like that the blinding light, caught both him and Hero off guard. However since his sensei was wearing glasses he was unaffected by it. But Hero unprepared accidentally caused himself to hold his face.

“Gahahahaha!” He hissed in pain but couldn’t stop himself from laughing at himself. As his eyes refocused he shook his head. “Alright. After-Image.” He charged suddenly at his sensei. But as his sensei raised his hand to defend himself, Hero actually floated through him! Then it seemed like Hero was going to strike at his sensei from above, but his leg floated through him once more. Finally Hero was on the ground, leaping upward, it seemed like he was going to head but him.

“Oh c’mon like you’d do tha-” He stopped in midsetence as Hero head butted his stomach, sending the older trainer flying back into the air, knocking the air out of him in the process. “G-good job.” He choked out. He resolved himself as he stood up straight. “Last technique.” He unsheathed his sword. “Create a barrier to stop my sword swing. Or be cut in half!” He declared. “We evolve beyond the person we were a minute before! Little by little, we advance a bit further with each turn. Remember this Hero. For your dri- no! YOURS IS THE POWER THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!” With that he charged.

Hero licked his lips. His hands clenched, his muscles tightened. His ki raised upward. “I can do this. I can do this.” He repeated over and over again. Just as the blade came down upon him. Hero shouted. “JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!” With that a blue energy field erupted around him. The sword bounced harmlessly off of it as the instructor gave a goofy grin.

“Congratulations. You just passed the Academy.” With that he sheathed his sword and patted him on the head. With that he began to walk away.

“Wait sensei, where are you going?”

“Sorry kid. I kinda lied to you.”

“What?”

“I’m not your sensei. Infact I’m not even alive.” He pointed up to himself and suddenly a yellow halo formed over his head. “I just saw you from the other world. They let me come down for one day to train you. And you learned everything. Be proud of yourself Hero. Aspire to your name. And don’t believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in you.” With that he began to fade from view. Hero’s eyes began to water. He didn’t understand why, they just did.

“Wait! What’s your name?!” He asked and his ‘bro’ turned around, a grin on his face.

"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours and listen! The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity - they're talking about me! The mighty Kamina!" With that, he was gone.

(3064 words)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:14 am
~He still didn’t know what her name was so she just began calling her Vi… “Hurry up Vi.” Lord Zhou said as Vi tried on what appeared to be a generic version of a saiyan armor. It fit just like saiyan armor would since one size fits all, it just didn’t have any benefits of the real thing. Lord Zhou paid for the suit, got Vi some fast food and they were on their way to the antique shop. They used the public transportation ships to get transferred from the old town they were in the Antique Shop City.

~Later they arrived in the Antique Shop City and Lord Zhou paid for the ride. The place looked like an abandoned city, everything was dusty and dry since the city was in the middle of a desert. Lord Zhou and Vi approached the door of the antique shop and Lord Zhou told Vi to wait outside. She pouted but followed instructions, leaning up against the building waiting for Lord Zhou to get done. “Hi there” Lord Zhou said once he entered the store and saw an old woman working the register.

~“Hello, namekian. How can I help you today?” “Well, I’m looking for a sword.” “We have plenty of those here.” “I’ll take the most expensive sword you have.” “That’ll be Janemba’s Dimension Sword. It is an anti-dimensional sword that was once wielded by the pure-evil demon, Janemba. It is capable of cutting through dimensions and creating dimensional portals by using slashing motions. The sword has the ability to cut enemies from afar through the use of dimensional portals. The range of the sword is vast and creates purple blade shaped blasts that can seemingly cleave through anything. These abilities make the Dimension sword one of the deadliest weapons in the right hands.”

1512 Words  

GreenTigerr

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Hedoro Koutai

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 am
User Image

Hedoro sat back against the wall, the room illuminated only by the light that shone in through the gap in the curtains. She remained motionless for hours, the only time she was even close to moving was when her eyestalk would shift, likely more due to a draft than actual intentional movement. She was too busy thinking, trying to recall what had happened. It had been several years already, since she first found herself in this strange land. She already had trouble remembering clearly everything that had happened before, something had happened to her, something had changed her. She didn't feel any different, but perhaps she just couldn't remember. What she did know, was that she was hungry. Something perfectly acceptable for a Majin like herself, but her hunger seemed... different, somehow. Many of the other younglings would simply zap a rock or something into candy or chocolate, and rapidly consume it. Surprising that none of them already had Diabetes. But her? No, chocolate or candy was not what she wanted. She wanted something else, she hungered for something, and she didn't know what it was. Her parents, the ones that had taken her in, seemed worried about her, and tried to suggest different foods to try. But none of the suggestions ever drew her attention. No, this was a basic conflict of appetite. Finally, at a loss, they suggested she go out and travel the world. Perhaps one day she would find that one special food that would end her eternal hunger?

So she had left, wasting only enough time to inform them she was leaving. She took no supplies with her, for there was nothing that she had need of. She would go to West City, and the Academy there, to learn how better to defend herself. even as a child, all Majin were capable of protecting themselves, natural skills and abilities that some thought almost unnatural. Simply being shoved down a flight of stairs was no more than a momentary inconvenience for most. So she had set out, no possessions, no money, nothing more than a vague sense of directions telling her where to go.

It took time, days passed into weeks. She found other villages, villages where her presence as a Majin was treated as a spectacle. Other times,s he was accepted warmly. At none of them did she stop, only pausing long enough to check for directions. Each day, she got closer to her destination. Each day, she got hungrier and hungrier. Soon, the world gained a darker tinge, as her hunger began to get the best of her. It was late that night, and there was a strong wind blowing. She had just passed through a small village, there were still a few houses nearby. Most had already closed up tight in preparation for the coming storm. The children had ran inside, slamming the doors behind them. Light was visible through cracks in the windows or doors.

Hedoro almost stumbled as the gaping pit within her seemed to grow, and almost swallow her up. She shook, her peculiar new substance actually shivering like a sculpture of jelly. Or slime... Her head whipped to the side, eyestalk bobbing frantically. Who had said that?! She knew there wasn't anyone near her, but she had heard that voice, as clear as- As clear as if it were in your own head? Foolish girl, you forgot... Hedoro sank to her knees, hands going to her head as she heard the voice that was not her own. It sounded so much like her own voice, but it was colder, cruel. That couldn't be her, it just couldn't!

Don't kid yourself. You feel the hunger, you know what it means... Hedoro's eyes widened, how did the voice know of her hunger? She almost dared to ask it what it knew, but she knew that if she started talking to herself, then things were even worse than she thought. You hunger, not for food... You hunger for something, something still warm and struggling... You want to eat it while it struggles in vain to escape... Feeling it's efforts slowly weaken within you, until it finally grows still, and cold...

"NO!" Hedoro leaped to her feet, running blindly away, rushing in whatever direction she had been facing. She needed to get away from that voice, get away from the feeling of rightness in what it said. It just couldn't be true, she wouldn't do such a vile thing! She ran faster now, the world a blur before her, colors whipping past faster than she could see. And still she heard it, the echoes of a voice that could have been her, urging her to go out and... and do that... She shook her head, only an instant before she ran headlong into a tree. The force of her impact knocked her onto her rear, stunned for an instant.

She was not the only one, however. The force of her impact rattled the tree, sending down a mass of leaves. As well as a squirrel. It landed roughly, squeaking as it did. She gave it a worried look, before moving to it, to see if it was alright. It didn't look like it was injured, only stunned. As she watched it, it looked up at her with deep black eyes, trusting her. Her vision grew even darker, and for a moment, everything went black.
(922 out of 2700 words)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 am
With his newly found ‘bro’ gone, a man who had helped even when he could barely believe in himself. With his training done for the day. The young warrior, floated aimlessly through West City. Even the joy of flight seemed dull without the hot blooded advice of Kamina. Infact he didn’t even notice the strong power levels that emitted from the shop until he was right on it. A tug of curiosity caused him to walk inside. This was the antique shop. Popping in he looked around, taking in everything. Tugging at his headband, which surprised him that was still there he began to look at all the items. His eyes drifted over all sorts of objects. Then he bumped himself into a large man.

“Sorry.” He mumbled almost inaudible to normal ears. Meeting and then loosing someone this quickly shouldn’t have had this affect on someone. But for Hero, the man known as Kamina had inspired him, where no one had. He had believed in him where not even his own parents thought he would believe he could. Then again, maybe moping around wasn’t the thing to do. He would become something else, beyond the impossible and aspire like he had been asked.

“A sword.” He said seeing the Namekian he had bumped into, hold up a strange looking sword. Going around he looked at each one of the stands. Picking up one, he immediately dropped it as his finger tips burned at the very nearness of the weapon. “Ow!” He shouted alarming the clerk.

“That sword belonged to a Demon King. While people can use it, it’s not very nice to those with hearts filled with good.” He pointed to a different weapon, that rested on an anti-gravity podium. “Try that one. It’s called the Z-Sword, it is said only the strongest person can wield it.” He commented as Hero went to it. Touching the sword with a minor grimace, as his fingers were still tender from the other sword, he pulled the sword from the anti-gravity set. The blade immediately pulled him down.

“Ack!” He commented, dropping down the the sword. The clerk moving over to him.

“Do you need help?” Hero immediately shook his head. “N-no I got this.” His teeth bit down hard as he pulled himself up. He wasn’t going to let a sword beat him. No way. This sword was going to be his. Flexing his arms, he went back and clasped both hands around the hilt. Then pushing up with his legs, he grunted with all his might. “GH!” He shouted, the sword pulled up with him for a moment before falling back down.

“L-look there are other swords we can choose from. For instance this katana, it sliced the tail off of an Oozaru. This sword belonged to a Desert Bandit!” The clerk was mostly trying to dissuade Hero from actively harming himself or the shop. “Or who needs swords? For instance, this cane can shoot a powerful energy blast, and this pole can extend to an almost infinite length!” Not true but who was ever going to take the time to measure it? “And we have a rocket launcher and panties.” He tossed the pink panties back into the drawer.

“No. This sword won’t dominate me. Who the hell do you think I am?!” He shouted and this time pulled the sword up, his blue energy erupting around him as he pulled the sword off of the ground. He pulled the sword up, breathing heavily and raised it with a large grin. “See.”

“Will that be cash or credit?” The clerk said with a mild amusement.

“Uh..” Hero set the sword back onto the anti-gravity podium. “I’ll be right.” He grinned running out of the shop and flying off into the sky. Moments later he landed back down at a ATM. Fumbling though his pockets, he swiped his card through the counter. Checking his account he looked through it. With a grumble he saw he didn’t have enough. But he wasn’t suppose to get his allowance today! With a dour swipe he checked it again. Dissatisfied he swiped it again.

“Having money problems kid?” A person asked him from behind.

“Uh yeah.” He said with a slight sigh.

“Well how a bout I make you an offer. Theres a little fighting contest going on. No prize involved but people are betting on contestants. So far one guys been winning everything. Im getting sick and tired of it. You look strong. Wanna take a shot at him?” He was dressed in a sharp suit and he wore a pair of sunglasses that made him look shady.

“Sure. Why not.” Maybe fighting will give him something to think about besides the sword. With that the sharp dressed man led Hero through several back allies. There was a large crowd, and in the center was a large bear humanoid. Instead of walking over the crowd, he simply flew over them, landing in front of the bear man.

“Whats this? A kid? Don’t make me laugh.” With that the bear man struck. But was surprised to find his fist, stopped by Hero’s hand. “What?” He tried his other fist, this time with more power. This one crashed into his face, causing Hero to push into the ground.

“Ah crap!” Shouted Sharp, the well dressed man.

“My name is Hero. My power will pierce the heavens.” The teenager said throwing away the hit and pushed himself up, the top of his head, hitting the lower jaw of the bear man’s face and causing him to be set flying outside of the crowd, the beast man’s eyes in a daze. The crowd remained silent as Hero turned around. A bright grin flashed on his face as he raised a thumbs up.

“Whoo! Way to go kid!” Sharp made his way past the kid, money in his hand. “Here you go kid. Your cut.” Looking down, he found 800 zeni in his hand. This was enough to pay for that sword! With that he immediately ran from the crowd. Passing other stores he swerved into the antique store.

“Back so soon?” The clerk asked cleaning up his counter. Slamming down the money, Hero gave a grin.

“Z-Sword. I want.” With that he walked out, 800 zeni poorer but a new, albeit heavy sword in his hands. The sword came with a free sheath that he slung over his shoulder. It was much heavier than the ball in chains Kamina had made him carry but then again maybe he would get used to it. With the sword in hand he stopped. Wait wasn’t there something he was suppose to do? Pulling out a small piece of paper from his pocket he remembered.

As soon as he had passed the West City Academy’s required course, he was suppose to train with the Turtle Hermit! He would learn the techniques of old. The great Kamehameha wave and the wolf fang fist! Then he could travel the world, learning what he could in order to become stronger than anyone else. He would. I the memory of Kamina. Of course the man was in the after-life and probably other people knew of him, but he would remember him, his own way. But how would he get there? He could fly, but he would be exhausted and while he could fly pretty fast, he would most likely have to land at some point and all he knew it was on an island somewhere. If he flew at become to exhausted he would have to go into the water. And becoming shark food wasn’t something he was looking forward too.

As he continued to think and walk, Hero snapped his fingers with a grin. He knows! He would fly all the way there. It would test himself and his dedication. But first things first he would have to learn where it was. Making his way to the West City Library, he placed his sword with the librarian, as weapons had to be checked in. Making his way to the large maps he began to search. Drumming his fingers he finally found the small island. It was unlabeled but it had a picture of a large turtle next to it. Much like other locations had a red ribbon, or a turtle and even a fist. Those locations he kept in his mind. Maybe they would be useful later.

(1400)  

Damascus Forge

Guy From That Thing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:47 am
Amarath stuck out like a sore thumb wearing his tribal Saiyan Armor infront of West City Academy. He had the suit since he was only a lad of 16. It's a good thing the armor was elastic, because he would have to carve all of his markings into it again. The armor was quite beat up and over the years it had to be repaired numerous times. The chestpieces at the local cosplay stores would probably hold up in combat just as well as his armor, but that didn't change the attachment he had to it. His grandfather did give it to him, after all.

He had come to West City Academy with much trouble... He walked all the way there from a village twenty miles south of Dende's Lookout where all the refugee Saiyans from the wasteland his ancestors called home came once all the females on their planet died out two generations ago. He was here to receive the training he would need in order to achieve his ultimate goal... Finding the Dragon Balls. His father regailed him of the tales of his father before him and of the Legendary Saiyan Kakarot who defeated Frieza, Prince Vegeta, the Androids, Majin Buu, Baby and Omega Shenron... All he had ever wanted was to live up to the name of his grandfather who was a peacekeeper on the old planet and to Kakarot who strived all his life to bring peace to all mankind. He would find the Dragon Balls so he could use them to awaken his true power so he could protect the people of the universe and keep the Dragon Balls out of the hands of evil beings who would use them for selfish reasons.

He soon found himself staring at a grizzled man who looked quite uninterested at the quarter-Saiyan warrior before him. He only opened his mouth to release the smoke from his cigarette into the air of the training area. After about two minutes of a blank stare-down, the trainer spoke. "Are you gonna stand there for the rest of the day or are you gonna come at me?"

Amarath blinked several times. Was he seriously just sitting there, expecting Amarath to come at him out of nowhere with no direction? "... Wait, what?"

"I guess i'll have to show you how it's done, kid..." The man sighed, getting up and cracking his knuckles and his neck. He soon ran forward with great speed, cigarette still in his mouth, and sent a kick flying towards him.

Amarath was able to dodge it by shifted his feet to a slanted position and lowering his stance, making the grizzled teacher fly right over his head (Literally) and hit a wall, fallnig into a pile of training gi.

The man grunted and sat there for a moment, a look of pain on his face. "... Ow." He slowly got back up while Amarath scratched his head. He applied preassure to his back and leaned backwards, cracking it. "Okay... Admittedly, I wasn't prepared for that. I see you've already got some basic combat knowledge, kiddo. That's good. I hate training wetfoots." He said calmly.

Amarath chuckled lightly, adjusting his red headband. "Yeah, well, it's becoming kind of a reflex to dodge. You wouldn't believe how many idiots have tried to mug me on my way here... Atleast i've got a good foundation, right?" He said sarcastically.

The trainer smirked and crossed his arms, tossing his cigarette out of an opened window, which drifted in the breezy wind until it came to rest by landing in a box of nachos being served at a diner down the street. "Let's get to the real training..."

[612 if the calculator was right.]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Duos
User Image

The bustling Academy raged on with the commotion of the others and their training. In a rather quite, desolate area within the city,stood a perfectly normal factory building. It consisted of windows here and there and factory garages for importing and exporting goods. Two security cameras, one of the front face of the building and one above the two garages. The shuttering sound of the metal gate rising up starteled a pack of stray cats that stood in the alley when one of the two garage doors opened. Only darkness could be seen inside, one of the stray cats grew curious and decided to sniff around the newly opened garage. As it approached the shadow line that cloaked the inside of the garage, it was grabbed up by a tannish pair of hands.
"Meow," the cat cried as Duos held it. His bionic face had a wicked smile upon it as he held the kitten at chest height. The cat let out another cry, but this cry was filled with a little more unsureness, because Duos held the stray by only its neck skin and raised it above it head. Looking eye to eye with the animal, Duos let out a sinister chuckle. He held his other hand up to the cats face, revealing a rather large red jewel piece embedded in the palm of his hand. "Good bye," he said,"Kat-," as he began to drain the animals life energy away from it.
After the little time spent with the kitten, he dropped its drained carcus onto the floor. A ringing noise started to come from with the clothing of the Android. Duos reached into his jean pocket and pulled out a small two-way communications device developed by Capsule Corp. On the display screen, a old professer began to speak. "Nice to see you have finally awaken Seventeen v22, model Duos. I see you have already learned how to drain energy from your run in with that unfortunate little kitty. Well, I guess we should get you started on getting used to your body. We will start with flight. Its quite simple for you actually, just think about it and your body will handle the rest due to your next generation vessel. That will be all for now, just fly over to the red flag on top of that building at location of Longitude thirty two, and latitude twelve within the adademy." The screen of the device then turn blank and black. Duos placed it in his pocket and plugged the coordinates into his system. He then turn his head to see a flag on a building that was about a mile away within the acdemy. His face serious, he simply thought about flying and began to lift into the air. It came and adapted just in a few seconds, for he took off into the direction of the flag.

Quote:
Words: 482

Bosc

Familiar Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

deactivated195011934

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm
Freaking AI systems.

User ImageUser Image

August frowned, clamping her hands over her ears. Well, looks like we've got another whiney-a** princess on our hands. She scowled, removing her right hand and moving it over to a nearby wrench. August's father was in the middle of a heated argument with another customer who protested that his toaster, was in fact, not fixed."Why can't people learn to fix toasters themselves?" August whined, giving a blank glare to the ceiling. She pulled out a good deal of rusty screws from the equipment in front of her, skillfully replacing them with some next-to brand new ones. Usually petty work like this went to a boy Mr. Avory had hired, but he had called in sick today so August had to take care of all the little jobs around the shop. Check the welding equipment. Look for rusty bolts and screws in the storage bin. Check the pipelines. Fix up little stuff like lockets, music boxes, small machinery.

August set aside the black and yellow machine and got up from her seat in the back of the store. She sighed, as her dad rushed past her with a look that screamed 'extremely pissed off', and the man from earlier stormed out the door, slamming it behind him. "Well, wasn't he charming?" The girl muttered to herself, grabbing her coat off a rack hanging beside the brown door. "Going out dad, be back later!" She called, grabbing her fairly good sized Switchblade off the counter, stuffed it in her pocket, and headed out the door. Her dad only responded with a muffled grunt.

Once outside, the brown haired girl took in a deep breath of fresh air, heading down the worn sidewalk towards the junkyard. August always went there to clear her head, or to just relax. It wasn't easy taking over someone else's work, but she could handle it. It wasn't that big of a deal...

"Well, at least not for me it wasn't! Haha! But that's just 'cause I'm awesome like that." The human girl declared triumphantly to herself, grinning goofily. She sighed, and let the happy grin slip from her face. There it was again, standing inbetween her and her beloved junkyard. West City Academy. "Why am I even stopping? Again, at that?" August wondered aloud, and shrugged. She wanted to move forward, but her feet refused. "Oh, come on feet! We've gone over this before!" She yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.

Still...I would if they'd even let me in? Peh, even if they did they'd just kick me out...I'd probably be half everyone else's age and I wouldn't even exist standing next to them and I'd just make a fool of myself and oh there's too many things that could go wrong! Just...move on with your life! You just move forward, go the junkyard, get what you need, and go back home! Easy! So easy! ...Well, if it's so easy, why am I hesitating? The girl's facial expressions changed along with her thoughts, giving her a slightly bi-polar outward appearance. "Okay! You win! I guess it couldn't hurt to go in for...a few minutes! Yeah, just a few..." August muttered to herself, changing direction and heading up the stairs to the double doors of the academy. She took a deep breath, and slowly pushed them open. The inside didn't surprise her that much. Instructors standing over pupils, drilling them over and over again on different techniques...

"See? A bunch of awesome people doing awesome stuff better than me. We're leaving now!" She yelled at herself, but a hand on her shoulder froze her instantly. ...This can't be good.
"You know, that, 'awesome stuff', wouldn't be so hard for you to accomplish if you had someone to teach you."A soft, yet sarcastic, voice said to August. "My name is Elizaveta Brookridge. I'd be happy to be your instructor, if you'd like." August was flat out shocked. I told you it was a bad idea to come in here! I told you so I told you so I TOLD you so! What surprised August even more was her response, though.

"U-umm...would you really? If it's not too much trouble...uh...sure?" August was going to slap herself when she got home. Sure?! The hell was she thinking? Elizaveta moved forward, motioning for the girl to follow her. She was tall, about 6"4. She had pale red, on the verge of grey, hair tied up in a bun, a long sleeved maroon sweater, and a pair of black, floppy pants. This old woman was really about to teacher her martial arts? August sighed, and shook her head. "Whatever...my day's already screw up anyway." She grumbled, following the woman cautiously past the other teachers and their students. Elizaveta stopped near a corner of the academy and turned to the brunette girl.
"Sorry, I never did catch your name. You are...?

"August Avory, Miss Brookridge."

"Avory. Got it. Well then Miss Avory, shall we start?" Elizaveta said, sitting down. August did the same, facing her instructor. "Have you ever given a thought to flying before?" She asked, a happy expression plastered to her wrinkled face. The brunette girl gave the woman an 'Are you crazy?' expressional response. "...Used to. I used to see all these super-powered guys on TV running around saving or blowing people up. I always thought it was just acting though, but I did think it'd be awesome if I could do it myself!" August responded, and Elizaveta laughed. "I used to be the same way! It's not that hard, really. Flying, I mean." The mechanic responded with another puzzled expression."All living beings have ki within them. All living beings can utilize that ki, have they the proper knowledge hot to." A small, red-ish purple ball of energy curled up in Miss Brookridge's hand.

Elizaveta excepted a surprised response from the girl, but August merely brushed it off as if it were an everyday thing. Psh, it's not that cool...I saw some guy do that the other day...on some street...in town. The ball disappeared as Elizaveta continued.
"If you can learn to pull out that ki and control it, it's yours to use, from flying to destroying cities." The woman suddenly stood up, and motioned for the girl to stand as well. "Now! As your first assignment, I want you to learn how to use that damned ki of yours! I wanna see the biggest ball of ki you can muster up!" August's jaw dropped. "Y...you're kidding me, right?"

"I mean it!"

"No way! I don't even know how to- Her instructor simply raised an eyebrow, which August took as a sign to shut up. "You have to feel that energy inside of you. Force it out and force it in your hand. Keep feeding more energy into it until you feel ready to collapse. I want to see what your limits are, Miss Avory."August's arms were trembling under her coat, out of anticipation she decided, but the mechanic nodded and stood up. Um...okay...so feel the weird energy stuff first... The girl closed her eyes shut, as if she was going to see it in her mind. She felt nothing. You have to feel that energy inside of you... August's eye twitched. Feel what? There's nothing to feel! This is impossible! She felt frustration bubbling up inside her...was this that power Elizaveta was talking about? Probably not..."August, may I give a word of advice? Focus your thoughts and energy into making a ball. Humans are constructive. We take what we have and build something great out of it. Everything alive has ki, don't think it's not there. You just have to channel it out!" Channel it out? Easier said than done, lady. August growled in her mind. The frustration kept coming, but the brunette girl felt like something else rose with it. A small smile spread across her lips. I can't lose focus of this energy...it has to be that ki stuff, it has to be. Her mind was completely engulfed with the energy, focusing on every aspect of it. Come on...you stupid ki! Work with me, for crying out loud! She felt it rising, and growing along with her rising anger. Too afraid to open her eyes and lose sight of her one shot at this new skill, August was unaware of the small, orb of greenish-brown energy in her hand. "Well well, Miss Avory! What a surprise!" August's eyes shot open at the voice and she almost screamed at what she could have sworn was fire sitting in the palm of her hand. But it was green...brown...asparagus. Fire was generally not asparagus.

Common sense seemed to be avoiding August though, as she jumped back, and watched as the little ball of ki disappeared.
"Oh well. At least I know you have the capability to use your ki now, Miss Avory. I think that's good enough proof for me to continue teaching you."The girl responded with a blank stare. "You shouldn't be afraid of your ki though, it's not like it bites! ...Well, unless you want it too. But that's not the point. I want you to do that as many times as you can, but keep your eyes open. Get used to using that spark of energy to create as many orbs as you can." Elizaveta said, and sat down criss-crossed. August sighed in defeat again, nodded silently, and went back to work. This was going to be a long day...

{1600 Words}  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:57 pm
Later in the day, Amarath was practicing counter-attacks in greater depth with his new master. He took off his Saiyan Armor, tossing it over towards the pile of gi that his teacher had crashed into earlier. he had to be fast and on his toes at all times and he found that his Saiyan Armor often slowed him down. The minimal protection that the rugged old suit gave him wasn't worth the weight, as miniscule as it was. He put on black, unweighted gi and prepared to spar with his master. He had proven himself agile, but it would take true skill to turn someone's own attack against them. Amarath's tail lashed left from right, finally coming to a rest around his waist. He spoke to his teacher quickly before their match. "Hey, what's your name anyway? It's kind of wierd that i'm about to learn martial arts from someone I don't even know." He said. The man replied, grumbling at first. "Fine... My name is Tsoye..." Amarath held in a chuckle. To him, that sounded like a girl's name. "Shut up." Tsoye said bitterly.

"You ready yet, kiddo?" Tsoye sighed as he cracked his knuckles. Amarath nodded, but by the time he finished, Tsoye was already in his face, preparing to send a powerhouse of a right hook his way. Amarath was sent to the ground, a lump on his head. "Good God, couldn't you have given me a wa-" Tsoye then sent his foot heading for Amarath's jaw, but Amarath was able to catch it inches away from his face. He forced Tsoye staggering backwards, regaining his composure soon thereafter. Both of them back on their feet, Amarath swallowed the blood from the hit and prepared for the next strike. Soon enough, Tsoye was sending a flurry of fists at Amarath's chest and face, most of which he was able to block. Finally, Amarath got lucky and grabbed onto Tsoye's arm, flinging him over his shoulder and onto the ground. Tsoye coughed and grunted, rolling back up to his feet. "That's what i'm talking about..." He said under his breath. He came at him again, but with a roundhouse kick, which Amarath ducked under and ended up sending a fist to Tsoye's chin, knocking him back into the pile of gi from earlier. Amarath let out a low toned quick gasp of suprise. Did he seriously just do that?

Tsoye sat there for about a minute, finally getting up and turning around, looking at the pile of gi. "I can't believe it..." Amarath quickly continued. "I know! I can't believe i'm this po-" Tsoye shouted over Amarath "DO YOU HAVE ANY CONCEIVEABLE IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FOLD ALL OF THESE THE RIGHT WAY?!" He shouted angrily. Amarath chuckled and scratched his head awkwardly. "Ever think of paying a maid? This place could use it."

[479]  

Guy From That Thing

FFRPGFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm
A young man wandered onto the grounds of West City Academy. A friendly person suggested the place to him when he saw that the young man was carrying a sword. "You look like you'd be one for the Academy!" the stranger had said. "They're always taking students if they think they're worth taking!"

As the young man walked around, it took only a few minutes for someone to approach him. The person introduced himself as one of the instructors for the new people. The young man nodded and said, "I am Zehl... Zehl Landis. I was told..."

"Of course, of course! You have a sword! That makes you an adventurer!" the seemingly easily excitable instructor happily said and pointed out. "Any who wish to see what they can make of themselves find themselves here! Now come along, pupil! Training begins!"

Zehl was dragged off to some sort of training area by the instructor. He felt like getting away from this kind of strange guy, but whenever he tried, he received a kick to the stomach and a long ramble about various subjects that were very vague and sounded like they were quoted from a self-help book to keep him on course. First was warm up stretching, then a rather long run. Not exactly one for speed, he had to settle for running an additional set of laps around what was like a dirt path track. He was a bit winded after the run and managed to get a drink of water before being forced onto the next training set.

The training overall was long and repetitive... Basically little more than a grinding sort of thing. Zehl decided it was better to not think about anything with it and just get it over with. He wasn't expecting this sort of thing when directed to the academy. He thought it would be listening to lots of stuff he already knew like being sensable and kind to others. If he wanted to just run around, lift heavy things, and that sort of thing, he could have stayed home on his family's farm.

A good deal of time and a lot of work later, he was allowed some rest and food. "Now that you have shown you have the ability, now you must learn the skill! Gah ha ha!!!" In the middle of a bite of rice, Zehl felt the instructor's foot land in his stomach, knocking him out of his chair with a shower of rice from both his mouth and his bowl of food.

After coughing a bit to clear his throat and regaining some of his breath, Zehl glared at the instructor. "That's wasting food you know!" he shouted as he stood. "What happened to all that... Whatever it was you were spouting as I ran around and did what felt like chores?"

"As I said, you have the ability, now you must learn the skill!" The instructor then attacked Zehl swinging punches and making kicks to drive the young man backwards as best as he could. The student was driven backwards at the start until he fought through the surprise of it all and the hint of doubt about the separation of skill before beginning to fight back.

Given the instructor's higher degree of training, the fight was rather one sided save for a couple landed punches on Zehl's part. His arms felt sore from blocking, and he was probably pretty bruised in spots, but eventually the instructor seemed pretty satisfied. "Good! I think you are now ready!" the odd instructor said with a thumbs up. "...At least, ready to start your own real journey! Gah ha ha!!!" With that the instructor leaped away leaving Zehl by himself.

Zehl stood there for a few minutes. He was silent for all that time before simply saying, "That's all?..."

(637)  
Eternal Reflections

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces